• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA = The Bin Of The WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Satans Hockey said:
Why is it so hard to like both the WWE and the TNA? I watch both every week and they both have things I like and things I don't like. If you really hate one of them so much why would you waste your time watching it or talking about it.
same here

I remember way back in 1997, I purchased the ECW Barely Legal PPV on a whim and it opened my eyes to how the big 2 were built on the notion that the average fan was a ******. Boy, did my tune change. Since then, I've had much more scrutiny over each product and have really come to understand that Vince McMahon is WAY more lucky than he is skilled at delivering a product. Ferrara and Russo basically geared RAW into the powerhouse it became when WWF rose back up to beat Nitro in '98. Vince once again fails to remember the formula: solid wrestling is easier to sell with a mediocre storyline, than bad wrestling is to sell with a great storyline. TNA doesn't really need to piss airtime away on lousy storylines because the in-ring product is the selling point. I've never once paid for a TNA PPV and felt like I was jipped. That's two years going strong now. There was actually a point after WCW and ECW collapsed that I stopped watching wrestling for two years. Me. One of the biggest wrestling geeks in a five zip code radius. When that happens, someone has royally f***ed up. Vince McMahon was that someone. TNA and it's WRESTLING was what refreshed my views on how amazing pro wrestling can be.

Kasey said:
I remember way back in 1997, I purchased the ECW Barely Legal PPV on a whim and it opened my eyes to how the big 2 were built on the notion that the average fan was a ******. Boy, did my tune change. Since then, I've had much more scrutiny over each product and have really come to understand that Vince McMahon is WAY more lucky than he is skilled at delivering a product. Ferrara and Russo basically geared RAW into the powerhouse it became when WWF rose back up to beat Nitro in '98. Vince once again fails to remember the formula: solid wrestling is easier to sell with a mediocre storyline, than bad wrestling is to sell with a great storyline. TNA doesn't really need to piss airtime away on lousy storylines because the in-ring product is the selling point. I've never once paid for a TNA PPV and felt like I was jipped. That's two years going strong now. There was actually a point after WCW and ECW collapsed that I stopped watching wrestling for two years. Me. One of the biggest wrestling geeks in a five zip code radius. When that happens, someone has royally f***ed up. Vince McMahon was that someone. TNA and it's WRESTLING was what refreshed my views on how amazing pro wrestling can be.

I too stopped watching wrestling from 6 th grade...Im going to 9th now..I forgot what had happened but the buisness and wrestling wasnt good until seventh grade i thought it was getting better so i watched and then i heard of tNA and i kept researching and learning more about wrestling and i fell in love with wrestling once again..WWe is getting old and arent putting up good matches...They have good story lines but they need better matches like sed...Tna has put on some great matches that some wrestling companies wish they could put on...Same thing with IWA they also put on great matches...I just viewed one recently Eddie G vs. Mysterio vs. Cm punk...Also Roh and many other indys..I watch videos from either you tube or vidilife...

I mean the whole reason i'm upset with WWE right now is that they've totally abandoned their old ways which is what made them great. Great feuds with great matches. I grew up with Bret Hart and Shawn Micheals and the great matches they put on. Now it just seems they want to have drama with just subpar wrestling. I like TNA because they make their matches the biggest thing. One match I gurantee is better than any match that WWE will put out this year is the Styles vs Daniels vs Joe in Ultimate X. WWE wishes they could put on a match like that.

What r u guys talking about tna copys wwe? Tna has a successful samoan character(samoa joe) and wwe now has umaga. The x division is everything the cruiserweights r not. Wwe doesnt let them do any more high flying moves like paul london and the 450 splash. Wwe is dull since they lost the rock and stone cold. They also keep feuds on for way too long like edge vs cena and bobby lashley vs fit finley. They should at least stop making every match single/squashes and tag matches. They should bring back hardcore 24/7 and infernal matches. Also its okay to give long win streaks to wrestlers(ie umaga) but they shouldnt make all of them squashes just like tna with samoa joe.

its not our fault we lost rock and steve austin, they were my fav wrestlers too but stone cold left because his back was screwed up and rock left because he likes making movies.

Oh and by the way Samoa Joe is one wrestler we are talking about the whole TNA together it does not make one person to make TNA so fantastic, its all the wrestlers,staff and promos/storylines that count.

please bare that in mind.

RonaldMcdonald said:
Oh and by the way Samoa Joe is one wrestler we are talking about the whole TNA together it does not make one person to make TNA so fantastic, its all the wrestlers,staff and promos/storylines that count.

please bare that in mind.
I do. Regularly, when I fast forward past most of the WWE programming. I get one hour of TNA programming to view a week, and it's three times more fulfilling to watch that then the five hours WWE s**ts out. TNA has a roster FULL of talent. WWE does as well and has millions of dollars to push it, they just don't have the wherewithall to do it. If WWE was run like TNA is where the matches are the product and not the lame-@$$ storylines, then wrestling would be able to stay in the mainstream instead of fizzling out like it did around '99. This was how they used to do it, and they won the Monday Night Wars that way.

Well then maybe they should be doing what TNA is doing and have their matches tell the story. They used to be great at doing that now they just have lame storylines. I want my epic battles back.

Agreed, I also want my epic battles back, i think that Wrestling needs a new Era much like the attitude era before we need a new Era to break out and shove down our throats, And it better not be what wwe gives us now cause that both sucks and blows

its true wrestling is getting a little lame now that all the names that w grew up with are going away. But I only wish that we get more wrestling then entertainment.

RonaldMcdonald said:
its true wrestling is getting a little lame now that all the names that w grew up with are going away. But I only wish that we get more wrestling then entertainment.
It'll have to happen eventually. The older wrestlers just don't know when to hang it up sometimes, and it's easier for the companies to push an established gimmick/wrestler, than to try and invent a new one that actually sticks.

I think that once TNA starts getting more awareness than thats when they'll start moving up their younger and more talented stars. Then thats when they'll really take off. Also one last thing, Sonjay Dutt really deserves a title he is such a great wrestler and has been very overlooked.

It's gonna be hard for TNA too be big name but it might be possilbe if they continue doing new moves. But it will take a lot of time.

I don think that anyone is doubting that it may possibly take a long time for Tna to become a truly big brand, But what people are saying is that it has the potential to get itself out there and become as big as it wants to be, They are still ironing out alot of problems atm but to there credit they only been going for 4 years now and they have made ENOURMOUS steps really to be so well known already, They are on T.V, They run P.P.Vs, They have a very good talent roster and they got alot of financial backing.

If tna plays there cardds right and dont hire TO many washed up atheletes we will start to see them slowly pull the wwes audience away from them, Imo if TNA move to a more prime timed audience and put on some awesome matches Word of mouth will spread and people will start to tune in.

RonaldMcdonald said:
I heard new news from tna that some wrestlers are REQUESTING to leave lol
Like Truth and Monty? I'm bummed about Truth and think he needs to continually be in the World, X, or Tag title hunts and is pound for pound one of the best workers in the US right now. Monty can get shipped up to Smackdown at a moment's notice and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. I think his in-ring work stinks. He pretty much killed any chance of heat during his title match with Christian a few months back and it was prime evidence that he is WAY too green to wear a belt.

Yea I wouldn't really miss either of them too much. I honestly don't think wwe will do anything better for either of them. Especially Monty Brown he doesn't have that much ability to begin with and his mic skills are subpar.

Aeksis8745 said:
Yea I wouldn't really miss either of them too much. I honestly don't think wwe will do anything better for either of them. Especially Monty Brown he doesn't have that much ability to begin with and his mic skills are subpar.
Monty rides a gimmick straight out of 1991 with a straight face and it's just insulting to the intelligence of anyone with an IQ greater than his/her shoe size. Truth can move in the ring and the crowd always loves to watch him go. He's just never put into any solid angles. I guess they don't know what to do with him, but I'd let him earn his shot by doing some crazy matches. TNA has the most innovative gimmick matches going today. Why Killings isn't constantly involved with other heavyweights in them is beyond me. He reminds me of Booker T before Vince got a hold of him. Quick, agile, brutal, and inventive. Everything a go-to heavyweight needs to be to make the belt worth a damn. IN ANY PROMOTION.

Really WWE is turning into TNA's bin.

Supertstars that came to WWE from TNA.
1.Paul London
2.Frankie Kazarian
3.Brian Kendrick
4.Possibly Monty Brown
5.Jeff Hardy
Its starting to look like WWE is TNA's bin. And so what if TNA signs WWE's misused and released superstars that have great talent that doesn't make TNA WWE's bin. Whats WWE's trash is TNA's treasure. If TNA is anyone's bin its ROH's. Dont even get me started on that.

Blizzard said:
Really WWE is turning into TNA's bin.

Supertstars that came to WWE from TNA.
1.Paul London
2.Frankie Kazarian
3.Brian Kendrick
4.Possibly Monty Brown
5.Jeff Hardy
Its starting to look like WWE is TNA's bin. And so what if TNA signs WWE's misused and released superstars that have great talent that doesn't make TNA WWE's bin. Whats WWE's trash is TNA's treasure. If TNA is anyone's bin its ROH's. Dont even get me started on that.
It's going to be just like the eighties and nineties where the two biggest American feds have talent jump ship when they're disgruntled or when more money is flashed. These are indeed exciting times. You are right, though. McMahon can see what kind of responses characters from TNA can get with the right circumstances and he is trying to get a hold of the ones he can.

did you relize that tna is so bad that some of the superstars of tna are REQUESTING to leave?

why would McMahon want to to with people like that?

Or maybe they just want more money. Its not like the environment that wcw had the last couple of its years with wrestlers complaining on live tv about getting out of their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back