TNA and WWE Rejects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinclair101

Dark Match Winner
Who else is sick and tired of hearing people moan about TNA hiring people who have gotten future endeavors from the fed.

its not TNA hiring WWE Rejects its TNA Signing talent to their roster to make it stronger, and star power to try and get the company noticed, WWE has done it... sure they have alot of full home grown talents... Bill Goldberg for example. why did WWE Hire him?.. because he has name value and they wanted to make money off of a cash cow.

another Steve Austin, built in WCW and fine tuned in ECW... not WWE home grown

no one bitched about WCW when they signed Hall and Nash... WWE Rejects?... no one bitched when WCW hired Hulk Hogan.....

its just business TNA wants wrestlers with name value behind them... and the wrestlers not under a contract want a pay day.

lol @ comparing the likes of Murd... Holiday to Hogan.

But i agree. There is only so much talent who look the part, have the ability and have name value in the wrestling world. Bringing up an indy wrestler wont draw fans but bringing in established wrestlers who have name value will.

Austin, Hall, Nash, & Hogan are on the same level as Murdoch, Daivari, Richards, & Gunn to you then? Planet Jarrett is cookier than I thought...
Steven Richards, Daivari, Trevor Murdoch, and Billy Gunn don't have "name power," nor were they midcarders held back by the system, contrary to what the IWC likes to believe. The only "rejects" TNA has signed that have helped them are Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Team 3D (I hate them, but they helped the tag team division maintain a form of credibility) Christian, and Gail Kim, both who left and went back.

I think it is more or less hiring people no one in WWE wants to see. I could care less about Trevor Murdoch coming to TNA. And when the bigger names do leave WWE for TNA (Angle, Foley for example) it is because they either left on bad terms or wanted a lighter work schedule. If they would lure someone away from WWE, a headliner, (Edge, Cena, just for example) then that would be something to be proud of. But I have not exactly been super excited about Cade and Murdoch, Stevie Richards (although I do like Stevie) or even Lashley, because he sucked in WWE (I still can't believe he won December to Dismember to get the ECW belt, sickening).
They need to develop their own young talent, cause right now they are the Yankees or Raiders, hiring old guys that are past their prime. To do that is fine if you have a good farm system to put around those guys, and that is what TNA needs to do.

The reason you cant compare the people going to TNA to the likes of hall nash and hogan is because they all jumped to WCW. WWF was trying to keep those guys and they just didnt stay. Most of the guys that go to TNA however are WWE rejects, they were fired. Most of the people in TNA that came from WWE are people who failed drug tests or they just arent really that entertaining. Then there are the guys that actually did leave for TNA but they are all old and should be retiring. There are a few guys in TNA who are great but when people say they hire WWE rejects they are correct

Just because the guys didn't fit into well into the WWE, doesn't mean they can't be entertaining. Who thought "stunning" Steve austin was going to make it big when he left WCW?

Billy Gunn so does have name power, at the highest point in WWE he was part of DX and people can argue that the New Age outlaws were the most popular members of DX for a time. Stevie Richards has name power to the hardcore ECW fans must like the Dudleyz. Just because someone wasnt huge in WWE or what you consider to be huge doesnt mean they werent elsewhere. And i dont think he was directly comparing murdoch to hogan etc its just a point, one that ive made before, that this is a sound and proven business strategy to sign talent either A. Who are popular to milk it. Or B. To sign under used talent from other sources and try to develop it further.
One more point who ever said there people are all rejects. Some simply ran out their contract and went looking for other ventures.

Yes sometimes people calling guys "WWE rejects" can be idiots. I'm sure WWE would be happy to have Angle back, they were happy to take Christian back, they'd love to have Sting for a run (though not a WWE guy), they used to want Team 3D (though that's debatable now) so none of those guys could really be called "rejects." I'm sure they'd be happy to have Booker back even if he did have wellness issues. I'm sure they'd even enjoy having Nash back. It's clear they were happy keeping Foley until he left. They were happy to even take Gail Kim back. I bet WWE would probably be okay with even brining Rhino back. They even signed R-Truth, Senshi, Lance Hoyt and Chris Harris (however shortlived that was), so they are content even taking lower level TNA guys.

Dustin Rhodes came to TNA and everyone called him a reject, and he went back to WWE and he's fine? At least TNA made some kind of effort to Goldust him while he was there. I happen to like Daivari but of course he's not a "name" Cade and Murdoch would be good to bring in as a team but not Murdoch alone. However, these were guys that fans saw and were used to in WWE. When they see Murdoch instead of seeing some jobber they recall the former tag team champ.

I don't really see people calling guys that go from TNA to WWE "TNA rejects" and they shouldn't. Stop calling guys going to TNA rejects, because sooner or later it's likely that they'll end up back in WWE at some point. As mentioned before Steve Austin was fired from WCW, they had no interest in him any longer. Sorry Austin, but by the definition everyone here goes by, you are a WCW reject. Mark Calloway aka The Undertaker, sorry, WCW reject. HHH? Sorry WCW barely even offered you a contract you WCW reject. See my point here? Come on.

Wrestling is a business and there's really one top company, WWE, and TNA establishing itself as the second, whether you like it or not. Only a handful of guys have ever stayed in one organization there entire career.

another Steve Austin, built in WCW and fine tuned in ECW... not WWE home grown

Sorry pal, STONE COLD Steve Austin is a product of the WWE. He didn't come to the WWE as a star. Hell, he didn't even come to WWE as Steve Austin. He started as the Ring Master. WWE made him into the superstar that he is today. Wouldn't be where he is without the E. Its been how many years since TNA started signing WWE "Rejects" and where has that taken them? Absolutely nowhere far. Time to try something different. Unless they are able to get somebody like Cena or HHH, TNA will stay a very very distant #2 for the remainder of time with the way they are going.

Sorry pal, STONE COLD Steve Austin is a product of the WWE. He didn't come to the WWE as a star. Hell, he didn't even come to WWE as Steve Austin. He started as the Ring Master. WWE made him into the superstar that he is today. Wouldn't be where he is without the E. Its been how many years since TNA started signing WWE "Rejects" and where has that taken them? Absolutely nowhere far. Time to try something different. Unless they are able to get somebody like Cena or HHH, TNA will stay a very very distant #2 for the remainder of time with the way they are going.

Actually Stone Cold Steve Austin's gimmick was a combination of inspiration from The Sandman, and a conversation with his then wife Debra about something as mundane as "stone cold tea"... the idea may have been "brewing" for awhile... but there was certainly a mix of things that created the end product. Sorry if I overdid the tea metaphors there peeps.

If talent has name value and can flourish well in another company there is nothing wrong with that. WWE marks tend to be obsessed with their midcard: MVP, Punk, Shelton Benjamin... yet if any of these guys got drafted to TNA would they be seen as "rejects"? MVP had a recent rub from Orton, Punk is a triple crown winner, and Benjamin is a workhorse and former tag team and Intercontinental champion. Or are some midcarders above others in the estimation of WWE marks?

I think the only problem with TNA hiring former WWE wrestlers is that they hire mid-carders in WWE and try to throw them into the main event scene and act like they are big acquisitions. That is the mistake. Before when we all watched WCW and WWF we'd constantly see wrestlers going back and forth between the two federations. Some would come and it would be a huge deal, but other times, you'd have to do a double take to make sure you are watching the right channel. Thats what was great about having two major companies, wrestlers can go back and forth and sometimes find a better niche in the other company, huge example of this would be stone cold. Sometimes its just a matter of a contract running up with creative having nothing for a wrestler that could kill their run in the company, with the option at least that wrestler has a chance to build his stock and return in a better position, JJ did that going between the two companies. It's what the WWE is trying to do w/ the brand separations, only they are in control of all aspects of it so it doesn't work. If they could have balanced things properly though, they could have recreated the success the WWE/WCW rivalry had. Granted this is not all their fault though because cost considerations must be made, also, injuries and what not require them to sometimes make switches the brand sooner than would be best for them.

Steve Austin was a WCW reject. WWE took him and completely changed his character, his gimmick. That's what made him a star. If TNA wants to sign the WWE midcarders, they need the creative team to change their persona. Murdoch in TNA is the same Murdoch that people got tired of in WWE, he's just on a different night now. Do something to change him, make it fresh.

I am one of those people who thinks TNA has turned into a new style WCW.

I'd love to see TNA import new stars from the Japanese promotions, instead of hiring anyone who's been fired from WWE.

Yujiro and Naito are a nice change of pace from the worn out Kevin Nash, and the "Phenomenal" AJ Styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back