• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Shots That The WWE Take

I don't post often, but factual inaccuracies do get me to log in. I don't how long you've been watching wrestling, but WCW took the shots at WWF first when Bischoff gave away Raw results on Nitro. Vince retaliated with the Nacho Man and Huckster sketches afterward. Vince never used to even acknowledge that there were any other wrestling companies in existence.

Next time, before you go bashing other people for being "smarky" maybe do a little research, eh?

wow. bischoff giving away raw results happened AFTER the whole thing began. it started with vince creating the "nacho man" and "billionaire ted" skits you idiot. lol i have to laugh at you......so please stfu.

I think everyone is forgetting a few things here too. When Nash and Hall first left, Bret Hart would come out and talk about how he "ran them down south" and would make a few comments about WCW being a lesser company, as would King and Vince on commentary. Also there was a weekly thing where Jim Cornett would do a shoot promo talking about WCW, WWF, and anything else that came to mind at the time. A lot of them were harsh rips on WCW.

As far as TNA doing it? It's hit and miss. When you got like the Beautiful People doing it? That was lame. Don't care if LayCool came after them, it was still lame. But VKM? Now THAT I enjoyed. Road Dog and Bad Ass were one of my favorite tag teams of WWF history, so them being pretty much the same people in TNA, ripping on the new DX was pretty good. Enjoyed the promo's, as well as the "Challenge to DX"

I enjoy when companies take shots at one another. In all honesty, TNA is a completely different style than WWE. TNA does some good stuff, while WWE does good stuff. It's all in humor. Both companies need the other one to keep on going. It's better for the business.

I don't post often, but factual inaccuracies do get me to log in. I don't how long you've been watching wrestling, but WCW took the shots at WWF first when Bischoff gave away Raw results on Nitro. Vince retaliated with the Nacho Man and Huckster sketches afterward. Vince never used to even acknowledge that there were any other wrestling companies in existence.

Next time, before you go bashing other people for being "smarky" maybe do a little research, eh?

Good points, but I must ask Swarles Barkley, what about when Ric Flair brought the "Big Gold Belt" to WWF with him? Sure, Ric Flair might have been owed his "deposit plus interest" but then again that's just what we have heard Flair said and even so, Vince McMahon still went and used another promotion's title and showed it on the air to rub in WCW's face. Granted Flair might have been mistreated by WCW and their then president Jim Herd, but just the same, Vince pulled stunts of his own and this predated WCW and WWF's pot shots....

Just thought I would mention that, since I had another user recently PM me about what I was stating in reference to the Billionaire Ted skits in a previous post.

wow. bischoff giving away raw results happened AFTER the whole thing began. it started with vince creating the "nacho man" and "billionaire ted" skits you idiot. lol i have to laugh at you......so please stfu.

I know this is an old post and I actually registered to respond to this particular quote...I have all the Nitro's, Raw's and PPV's from both companies and I have recently been watching it all in order Ive gotten up to this point now and I would like to say that Bischoff first gave away the results to Monday Night RAW's RAW bowl in 1996....then 2 weeks later on RAW the billionaire Ted skits started to air....as soon as Bischoff gave away the RAW bowl results he was either giving away results or dissing WWF every single week at least 4 to 5 times a show. So calling people an idiot and saying you laugh at them when in fact you were the one who is wrong is truly the funny thing

Your kidding yourself. The only reason WWE doesn't do the same thing is because it isn't threatened by TNA in the slightest. Be sure if it was the same size as WCW though they would be going mad for it just like they used to do during the monday night wars.

The reason it is done though is psychological. If some ordinary person makes a claim that they know a celebrity, they get money and recognition but most importantly they become associated with that person. It can be a complete fabrication but as long as people think of them when they think of you it's job done. The idea is to make people think of TNA when they think of WWE, and it's done by these contreversial "shots" which I personally condone because if it's true there's no arguing, and if it's not it's harmless fun because WWE isn't going to respond anyway.

I do not mind when companies mention the accomplishments of their wrestlers which have been achieved in other organisations, as it can build the credibility of that wrestler. For example, TNA listing Angle's WWE title reigns as part of his achievements can give him crediblity in the eyes of a new fan, who may have not seen Kurt doing his thing in WWE.

However, cheap shots at WWE can make TNA seem like the poor alternative, and will only remind the viewer that the WWE is out there, and possibly encourage them to tune in to the show, to see what TNA are talking about. It just gives publicity to the bigger rival, which doesnt help TNA at all.

Fair enough WCW giving away Raw results, or throwing the title in the bin. I didnt like it, but at least it reflected badly on WWE and the fact that WCW was a genuine rival to Vince and ran shows at the same time meant it made sense to knock the competition whenever possible to keep the viewer watching Nitro. We know that it didnt always work however.

What I really dont like is when someone in TNA/WCW issues an open challenge to someone in WWE. As if the WWE superstar/personality is going to turn up to the rival show. Like when Bischoff challenged Vince to a fight...did he ever really think Vince was gonna show up? Not a chance

It's the same thing WCW did to WWF back in the monday night wars..and look where it got them!

True, and it's also similar to some of the early things WWE was doing in response to WCW that made themselves look silly. Remember the fake Razor Ramon and Diesel? It was a foolish attempt to show fans that WWE could take anyone and make them just as big as the guys who left. Instead, it seemed to me an acknowledgment that the company looking to destroy WWE had partially succeeded, by stealing two of their biggest names.

After last Winter's failed attempt by TNA on Monday nights, WWE knows they don't have to sweat TNA's feeble efforts to call themselves the superior company. When guys like Bischoff take shots at WWE, reasonable people can see that it's just a lame effort to identify with the big-time company, same as with WWE's lame effort with the fake Razor and Diesel.

WWE will keep their eye on the smaller company; don't believe for a minute they won't, but there's no reason to engage in name-calling with them: that would only legitimize TNA's dream of being a force to reckon with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back