A Formula For TNA to Compete With WWE

Am I the only person who gets disgusted reading a bunch of people who know next to nothing about wrestling and absolutely nothing about what draws TV ratings get on their high horse and say TNA will never compete with WWE?

Can they compete with WWE? Who are you or anyone else to say they can't? If you some good ideas, if you had a formula for TNA (or anyone else) to compete with WWE, maybe you'd be in a prominent position in the wrestling business your damn self, instead of tooting the horn of a company you're not even involved in. I can easily sit here and type that TNA never will compete simply because I can't see it myself.

So tell me, how could TNA become competition with the WWE?

Well, it's obvious that the Bobby Roode experiment hasn't drew ratings. TNA haven't had a rating above a 1.2 since 2010. So, I don't see the reason why it's a bad thing to bring up ratings, I'm just stating the obvious.

Who am I to say they can't compete with TNA? Look at their ratings, viewership, the Lockdown attendance. The people they push aren't draws, they have no top face, no withstanding product that people can latch on to. I don't think TNA will ever become competition to the WWE. The WWE is too big of a company to have somebody with much less money and resources compete with them. It's just a fact.

WCW had the resources of a billionaire to compete with WWE in the mid-late 90's. Ted Turner used his own money to help WCW compete with WWE. I can't see TNA ever having that many resources, money, and fame like WCW had. Much less a relevant former WWE superstar on their brand.

What the hell do you think a FORMULA is?
If TNA did all of these things....they would still not be competing with WWE.
For god sakes!

Better production value, fresh new tallent, story writing and so much more needs to be done before the Product TNA spew out can compete with WWE.
And even then, WWE has built up such a loyal Fanbase that it would be hard for TNA to compete even if they started making the better show and ppv's.

1.) Increase the Production Value : TNA sets look cheap and it detracts viewers as they think its very cheap. Make a more innovative set like they had before that had tunnel or make something different.

2.) Stop with the repetitive pre-recorded promos they show in between Impact!. They are really boring and kind of look cheap.

3.) Take shots at WWE : As TNA is doing nothing when they aren't taking shots maybe they should go the WCW way and take some shots at WWE. It will be better than nothing. Maybe cut some shoot promos to create buzz.

TNA needs to make their product gritty and authentic like WCW was.

So spend more money than they make and insult the competition about things they are more successful at? Riiiiight.

Mud slinging isn't going to win anyone over. Hell, the mud slinging backfired on WCW and got them to tune in to RAW to watch Foley win the title. It's just a bad idea, especially for a company who's flaws are as obvious as TNA's. They would be wise to stay off of Vince's Sh#t list and focus on providing a quality product for their audience rather than get into a pissing match with a giant that would crush them in a new york minute if it were good for business.

another idea is too go after a niche, havining stronger gimmicks, and personalties is something the wwe was good at in the past and going back to it, but what do fans like that the wwe doesnt have right now? cruiserweight division and hardcore division, make it so if people want to see that they will turn on impact.

This is a large part of what made TNA for a lot of fans back in the day. They focused on the high flyers of The X Division as well as their hardcore matches. Focusing on the younger stars was one of Vince Russo's strengths. They also used to have a very strong women's division that boasted the likes of Cheerleader Melissa(Alyssa Flash), Awesome Kong, and Ayako Hamada. TNA needs to get back to what made it great instead of trying to reinvent The Attitude Era.

Also get the hell out of Universal Studios. TNA isn't going to grow just being a sideshow at an amusement park. And tourists getting in free is not going to give you an idea of what's drawing. Of course they pop for everything, They're getting in for free. A hobo would cheer too if you gave him a free bottle of Night Train.

5 easy steps for tna to put wwe out of buisness

1.Get lots of money. It doesn't matter how, but get 1 billion dollars.

2.Hire back the great vince russo, because he is the man that created the attitude era and stone cold. He is essential.

3.Push all of the young talent and use non of the wwe stars. Its just so stupid how they use jeff hardy, kurt angle, rvd, and mr kennedy. They should have crimson as the world champion for atleast 3 years.

4.buy aaa,new japan, all japan, roh, chikara, and every other indy, because they don't know how to make money like tna. And then fire all of there talent, because there not tna originals.

5.Get a contract with the usa network because they will be begging for tna since there ratings by this time are in the 10's.

Without a network wwe will go under.
And not only does the wwe go under but tna is now the only company in wrestling, they have a tv show for everyday of the week and all there ppvs get over 2 million buys. And Crimson becomes the biggest wrestler in history.

This is without even leaving universal studios.

Everytime TNA has taken shots at WWE, it's made people watch WWE, The Tony Schiavonie effect.

talking about the other company puts a lot of butts in the seats.

I have been thinking about this for a while now. For me, the only way TNA can get close to competing with the WWE is by getting rid of all the WWE "Superstars" that they've got signed right now (Angle, Hardy, Morgan, RVD, Hogan Team 3D etc) and bring back their old guys.

1.) Increase the Production Value : TNA sets look cheap and it detracts viewers as they think its very cheap. Make a more innovative set like they had before that had tunnel or make something different.

2.) Stop with the repetitive pre-recorded promos they show in between Impact!. They are really boring and kind of look cheap.

3.) Take shots at WWE : As TNA is doing nothing when they aren't taking shots maybe they should go the WCW way and take some shots at WWE. It will be better than nothing. Maybe cut some shoot promos to create buzz.

TNA needs to make their product gritty and authentic like WCW was.
Wow! I never knew it was... just... so fucking easy! Call up Dixie Carter! Call up Eric Bischoff! We have the overnight solution to all of TNA/IW's ills, real or imaginary! Buy now, and we'll include this SECOND overnight solution to TNA/IW's ills for NO ADDITIONAL PRICE!!!

Seriously. Call up Panda Energy. If you go into that interview, say just what you said here, and add "plus show some titty", you are a LOCK for an executive producers position.

Dripping sarcasm aside, if TNA/IW could become par competition with the WWE by following instructions posted on a few sentence long post on an internet message board, we'd be watching a three hour Monday Impact. Tactics are for amateurs; any idiot can say "better production values". Logistics are what pros do; "how do I better my production in a cost-effective manner with the tools that I have on hand?"

TNA can compete with WWE by having logical and good storylines with fresh young talent and not relying on stupid gimmicks involved in everything. Taking shots at WWE when you are in TNA's position is stupid. WCW were actually competing with WWE TNA is not. TNA takings shots at WWE makes them seem small and pathetic because they are more focused on slagging off the E than sorting out their own problems.

Also to be honest I don't think TNA's production being increased would make a huge difference. It would be nice but at the moment I don't watch TNA and want to turn it off because of the production. It might not be as good as WWE but its not particularly awful.

Here's how TNA/iMPACT Wrestling can compete with WWE... DON'T!!! They shouldn't try to be like WWE because they will, and have, fail. And fail very badly. At best they will look like the B Movie, Straight-to-Video, Cheap Knockoff of the huge Hollywood Blockbuster.

Like Paul Heyman said in the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD, You'll never be able to compete with Vince on His level, and at his game, so, don't try. Give the People a product that WWE doesn't offer. Give us something DIFFERENT! For all of the problems that WCW and ECW had, that eventually caused both the fail, the reason that they both did as well as they did was because they put out a product that WWF couldn't, or wouldn't, produce.

ECW was the fist "Major" promotion to to bring the Japanese and Mexican styles to the United States, which were soon poached my WCW and put on a much larger stage. I always made sure to watch the first hour of Nitro because that's where I got to see the stuff that I couldn't see on RAW. That's what TNA needs to do, they need to bring forth a style of wrestling that most American fans haven't been familiarized with.

Bring the SPORT back to Sports Entertainment. Try to make me believe what I am seeing, just a little bit. I understand that its hard, but it is doable. Watch a Davey Richards match, he is able to make you think that you are watching a man who is fighting for each and every match, and win or loose, he looks stronger and his opponent looks stronger.

Also, long, drawn out, stupid storylines need to end. I mean how long did the Devon/Pope/Devon's Kids storyline drag on? If Devon was that upset about his Kids being around Pope, than why did he keep bringing them to the shows? and if Pope was such a horrible person that he didn't want his children anywhere near them, why did he continue to team with him for the better part of a year? it lasted far too long, took up way to much time on TV each week and in the end who did it help? did it elevate Pope? Nope. Devon? Still don't give a shit about him (and you can Testify on that).

And all of the "Icons" and "Legends" need to just go away. I am embarrassed for Ric Flair. All he seems to be able to do is scream and yell incoherently about his rings and all the sex that he has (sure Ric) and about how great Eric B*****f is... it's sad really. And why Robert Roode, a man who was unafraid to attack, and physically abuse, an able bodied 53-year-old man now seemingly afraid to do the same to a crippled 58-year-old man? How is Hulk Hogan a better person to keep Roode in line than Sting was? At least Sting looked like he could fight back, Hogan looks like just walking down the ramp might beat him.

So for TNA to really grow, they need to:
- Not try to be "like" WWE, because they will fail
- Be TRULY different
- Bring the Sport back to Sports Entertainment.
- End the stupid/silly/overly drawn out storylines that ultimately lead to nothing
- If you are going to have "legends" and "icons" who don't wrestle, don't make them seem bigger than the actual wrestlers.

Honestly i don't think TNA could ever get close to WWE, at least not in the short term. It would take something absolutely monumental to happen (like signing John Cena) for TNA to get to WWE's level right now, which just isn't gonna happen. That said, the product is improving and given time (and i'm talking 10-20 years) it could come close to rivaling WWE one day. One day....

Well, i'm not exatly an expert, so i will not pretend to be, but as a bussiness stand point is relatively simple, create something different,build your own product, something innovative, something fresh, but with your own product, your own talent, not WWE rejects, grow with your own talent and stop taking shots at anyone, and only then you can talk about competing with someone else, but in the mean, as they say un the U.S.: do your own thing........

Well, i'm not exatly an expert, so i will not pretend to be, but as a bussiness stand point is relatively simple, create something different,build your own product, something innovative, something fresh, but with your own product, your own talent, not WWE rejects, grow with your own talent and stop taking shots at anyone, and only then you can talk about competing with someone else, but in the mean, as they say un the U.S.: do your own thing........

They were doing pretty much their "own thing" for a long time, and it was better. The six-sided ring, the high-flying action, guys like Samoa Joe and Jeff Jarrett. They were the alternative, they weren't WWE lite, they were another brand.

Ever since Hogan and Bischoff came over, it seems like they only want to try and compete with WWE. Sure, there were times TNA tried to compete with WWE in the past, remember the Voodoo Kin Mafia storyline? But, all the rebranding was all because of WWE rebranding. They just, for some reason, want to try and "stick it" to Vince McMahon and WWE. For some reason they think a company with less resources, money, and fame is going to be able to go up against the wrestling juggernaut known as the WWE. It's like a flea market trying to go up against Target, it's just not going to happen.

They need the money, the resources, the popularity. WCW succeeded as being a competitor because Ted Turner wanted to become a competitor. And what was Ted Turner? A billionaire. He had the money and resources to sign top WWE talent like Hogan, Luger and Savage. I highly, highly doubt TNA has the money to sign a guy like John Cena or Randy Orton to a contract, as much as I doubt they would make the jump to TNA.

TNA just has to stop worrying about WWE and just worry about themselves. I don't know what could happen in the next 10-20 years, but right now TNA has no chance in hell in being competition to the WWE.

Hmm..

1.) Increase the Production Value : TNA sets look cheap and it detracts viewers as they think its very cheap. Make a more innovative set like they had before that had tunnel or make something different

It's always looked cheap even with the tunnel they had before. I recall TNA did indeed divert from their old sort of gimmicky set the had before to a their current "Impact Wrestling" in May of last year. It still doesn't look great but that doesn't really take away from anything. I don't see how this could draw in more people, who care more about the quality of the product than the quality of the set. This is rather A minor change, how it looks may make some tune in more, but the product itself is what will keep people watching or have them shut off their TV.

Not needed in my opinion as of now.

Again, how boring it is doesn't come from how cheap it may look to you but how well the guys sell emotion or whatever they are trying to do to advance a story during a promo.

[YOUTUBE]cxk7yz85mww[/YOUTUBE]

I rest my case.

2 things imo they need to compete with wwe are good creative direction and talent development. Also, they've been around for 10 years now and a lot of people still don't know about them. I know they have done a lot to bring product awareness. One more thing, and I was thinking of starting a thread about this, in their 10 years in business they haven't created one star! They haven't created one guy that makes them appeal to the masses like wcw did with Goldberg and Sting. Most of their "homegrown" talent were stars in the indies before TNA(i.e. Styles and Joe).

So here we go....another how can TNA beat WWE thread.....

As has been said over and over...the only way for TNA to compete with WWE is to NOT TRY to compete with WWE.

They need to focus on their product. Logical booking, quality performances, and growing their product.

WWE took over 30 years to reach what it is today. It started as a small territory and even during the Rock n' Wrestling era, the production values were not the best. If WWE had to deal with the same level of scrutiny and fan expression as fledgling companies do today, it may not have grown the same way.

While I understand fans desire to have a company equal in size and scope to WWE the simple fact of the matter is that it will not happen for years to come. TNA or ROH may be that company, or it might not be....only time will tell.

TNA isn't the WWE. It will never be as big or as popular. Vince has created a juggernaut and there's a reason why they're so big. Globally they are unmatched. TNA can be successful on their own terms, much more successful, but horrible writing, horrible booking and a bunch of other things is why they are where they are. Think about it. When you think of wrestling and pro wrestling you think of the WWE. Even people who don't know shit about it and haven't followed in over a decade, the people that call it "WWF", still think of the company when they think wrestling. It's etched in our minds, that's how big the WWE has become. And that's scary.

Rather than directly compete with WWE, I wish TNA would try to carve their own niche as wrestling company, not sports entertainment.

Kind of like the old days when Crockett was more about wrestling, while WWF focused more on characters and entertainment.

They need to stop trying to keep guys looking strong by using ref bumps and stupid finishes, especially at PPVs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back