• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock's summer WWE return.

WWE*FAN*CB

Dark Match Jobber
We all can pretty much say that the 3 hr RAW thats been added to the schedule on June 7th in Miami Florida, will be the one the Rock Guest Hosts. Now, The Rock has stated many many times that he doesnt want to come back and just "guest host". He wants to do something special for the fans. Call me crazy but it is my belief that he will come back and work a match. I'll even go as far as to saying it will be Rock vs. Cena at SummerSlam this summer. He said he wasnt able to be apart of WrestleMania this year due to filming an upcoming moive, so what better show than to work than WWE's second biggest PPV of the year SummerSlam? I know he has said he's not coming back to wrestle but one can assume that he's under strict orders by WWE to not let the cat out of the bag and make it a big surprise when it happens.

Thoughts?

Not to get technical, but wouldnt the Royal Rumble be considered the 2nd biggest PPV of the year? I would probably rate Summerslam behind that since no one is certain what the WWE is doing with Survivor Series... but I digress.

I would agree that if The Rock is coming back this summer that it would be something the WWE would want to keep under tight wraps, especially since this was arguably one of the biggest stars in WWE history. If he does return, I would love to see a face Rock go against a heel Cena. There's no doubt that if the two face off the reaction the Rock will get will overshadow the reaction Cena would get.

Dear God, I REALLY hope that this is the case, I bought tickets to the show (I live in M.I.A.) the day of the presale, so I'm surely going to mark out if The Rock does indeed show up. I'd personally love to see The Rock go face to face HHH again, to renew their old rivalry from the past. Although it would be just as great to see the past collide with the present (and most likely future) of WWE John Cena, or even Randy Orton. But it's hard to say seeing as the draft is in about 2 weeks or so. Either way, I'm extremely excited!

I wouldn't mind seeing The Rock come. I think it would be great. He was always my favorite wrestler. All time favorite that is.

Do I think he'll wrestle? Maybe that one match when he guest hosts. I don't see him wrestling after that. But who knows, The Rock is known for surprises so maybe he'll actually come back as a wrestler.

Not to get technical, but wouldnt the Royal Rumble be considered the 2nd biggest PPV of the year? I would probably rate Summerslam behind that since no one is certain what the WWE is doing with Survivor Series... but I digress.

I would agree that if The Rock is coming back this summer that it would be something the WWE would want to keep under tight wraps, especially since this was arguably one of the biggest stars in WWE history. If he does return, I would love to see a face Rock go against a heel Cena. There's no doubt that if the two face off the reaction the Rock will get will overshadow the reaction Cena would get.

No, WWE considers SummerSlam as their 2nd biggest show of the year. At the 2009 SummerSlam in Los Angeles, they even started SummerSlam FanAxxes so it can really live up to being their 2nd biggest PPV of the year.

Coming back for a one off match against Cena would literally be a dream match come true for me and I'm sure many others, but I'm not going to get my hopes up that high. The Rock sticking around long term in any capacity is perfectly cool with me, as we all know about his prowess on the mic and when someone like him says he wants to do something special, I think of legitimately special and not what WWE would consider special, which could and sometimes does turn out being lame. I have faith that as long as Rock sticks to his word on this, it will be something that we remember and should finally silence the "sellout" crowd.

SummerSlam is indeed second PPV in the eyes of WWE, not Royal rumble

I personally would love to see Rock vs Cena but I would love to see it in Wrestlemania next year, not until then.Match of that caliber would be more appropriate for Wrestlemania because they usually dont do matches that big at Summerslam.Think about all the hype that match would make.It would be epic

As for 3 hour Raw on June 7th that would probably be the date when WWE ends guest host crap and appoint new GM of RAW.My personal favorite for that position is Shawn Michaels but its too soon and it will probably be Stephanie Mcmahhon but will just have to wait until then

SummerSlam is indeed second PPV in the eyes of WWE, not Royal rumble

I personally would love to see Rock vs Cena but I would love to see it in Wrestlemania next year, not until then.Match of that caliber would be more appropriate for Wrestlemania because they usually dont do matches that big at Summerslam.Think about all the hype that match would make.It would be epic

As for 3 hour Raw on June 7th that would probably be the date when WWE ends guest host crap and appoint new GM of RAW.My personal favorite for that position is Shawn Michaels but its too soon and it will probably be Stephanie Mcmahhon but will just have to wait until then

I see your piont, but I will have to disagree on 2 things. One WWE does sometimes have big matches on SummerSlam such as Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton back in 2006, to live up to it being the 2nd biggets PPV. Second, last I heard WWE has no plans on scrapping the guest host angle so it would sound right for The Rock to guest host RAW in his hometown and only right to give the Rock a superstar of his caliber 3 hours.

I will say that if The Rock returns on that 3-hour RAW, then I'll be watching. I normally don't watch the WWE, but having The Great One on TV is an exception.

As far as Cena Vs. The Rock goes, The Rock said himself that he doesn't plan on wrestling, especially with someone like Cena. While it does kind of sound a bit demeaning, you gotta remember, Cena ONLY became a big star because Brock Lesnar left. So I'm expecting that not to happen...

And with the WWE being PG, I doubt The Rock would be given the freedom to be The Rock. I mean it happened with Stone Cold Steve Austin....what makes anybody think that it'll be any different with The Rock?

The Rock doesnt do anything thats not PG, unlike Stone Cold.

The Rock doesn't do anything that isn't PG? Really?...

Let me give you a list of his catchphrases then:

Roody-poo Candy Ass - You know you can't say "ass" in WWE now
Do you like.....pie? - You should know what he means by this by now...
"You can turn that ___ sideways, and stick it straight up your candy ass!"
Mothercanucker
Monkey Ass
and more...

And there's a reason why he became a big star in the Attitude Era as well..

OMFG--I would so mark out if The Rock does return and Guest Host Raw xD
Man..I luv the guy!!LOOLZ--I actually do hope that he can just wrestle another match for just one last time!!And i wouldnt mind if he does end up staying for awhile after the gig just to help out others with his tremendous mic skills...WOW!!With news like this--AND the apparent signing of Goldberg-Is WWE getting excited again??...

*BTW--The signing of Goldberg i know is just for merchandise sells and video game appearences etc....*

The Rock vs. John Cena sounds like the perfect bout for this era. Almost like Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock was the perfect bout of the 90s some would say. This is good no matter what kind of fan you are, if you're:

A. Big fan of Cena and want to see him beat The Rock like Rock beat Hogan.

or

B. Big Attitude Era fan that wants to see The Rock beat Cena's "monkey ass".

It just sounds awesome no matter what kind of fan you are.

But I don't know if Vince McMahon will let The Rock be himself, ergo Dwayne Johnson might not come back to WWE. Rocky himself said he does not like the PG Era though he understands why they are doing it. He doesn't think WWE will let him be himself like they did a decade ago.

Whatever happens, I honestly want to see this more than any feud of Wrestlemania this year. "The People's Champion" takes on "The Champ"? Who wouldn't want this honestly?

Should the Rock be the guest host in Miami? YES

Should he step back into the ring? Yes..BUT Under 2 conditions:

1. He comes back in game day shape. Now you all might say "oh the Rock is ALWAYS in ring shape"...to that I say give me a break! I've seen his "1" time return appearances in which he barely does ANYTHING and he's sweating BULLETS from just his promos. While I want the Rock back as bad as anyone.. I dislike seeing him throw his head back, with sweat pouring on his face simply from calling a few people popcorn farts...His match with Foley vs Evolution at WrestleMania XX wasn't horrible but that's a tag match, plenty of time to rest and come in for a few big explosions of energy. Singles matches, MUCH MUCH different. I personally don't think the Rock will get into the ring unless HE personally feels he can give a match to be proud of.

2. I personally only want to see him come back and rip apart John Cena.I can just see it now

*you can't see*.."
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE ROCK CAN SEE YOU OR NOT! THE FACT REMAINS HE IS GOING TO LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWN ON YOUR CANDY A$S!!!"
God I'd love for someone to just straight out punk out Cena verbally on the mic and let's face it the only person with the caliber to do something like that would be the Rock!

Come to think of it the Rock could come back and give a "rookie" a decent "rub" too. Maybe one of the NXT guys... He (meaning Rock) could say he's been watching lately and he's been really impressed and so on and so forth giving the guy a decent rub. I think if I were WWE I'd let the Rock punk out a heel in his "Guest Host" return. You know hit the ring, Rock Bottom, Peoples Elbow. The usual routine. Then at the end of the night. Have Rock standing over..for this let's say Sheamus (could be ANYONE). Cena comes out after earlier in the night being verbally punked out by the Rock and have Cena issue an "open challenge" to the Rock. Not specifying a date or time yet. This would allow Rock to appear whenever on the Tron talking to Cena (either live or via recorded messages) and that could allow some major hype for a Cena vs. Rock PPV match.

OMFG--I would so mark out if The Rock does return and Guest Host Raw xD
Man..I luv the guy!!LOOLZ--I actually do hope that he can just wrestle another match for just one last time!!And i wouldnt mind if he does end up staying for awhile after the gig just to help out others with his tremendous mic skills...WOW!!With news like this--AND the apparent signing of Goldberg-Is WWE getting excited again??...

*BTW--The signing of Goldberg i know is just for merchandise sells and video game appearences etc....*

And are you SURE the signing of Goldberg is just for merchandise and video games??? Because I really thought it was for the WCW themed Hall of Fame/Gimmick event that will be taking place in the Atlanta area...*scratches head* But clearly you have a much more reliable source than any wrestling website in existence :shrug:

If The Rock were to rub anyone over, I think it could be David Otunga. By that time, Otunga should be pushed to high-mid-carder to low-maineventer. He has the same "look" as The Rock. Rock could be face, Otunga could be heel. Seems to work for me.

Hate to be the negative poster on the thread, but do I see The Rock guest hosting at the Miami Raw? Hopefully, yes.

Do I see The Rock wrestling any type of match, getting at all overtly physical or working any type of program that goes past this one night appearance? No. Not at all.

The Rock had been very adamant about the fact that his career as a wrestler is over and he has shot down the idea of even a one off match many times over the last 2 years. The only reason Rock is even considering the idea of guest hosting Raw (at least in my opinion) is because the WWE has managed to rope in one or two legitimate actors into the guest hosting gig. The Rock has worked very hard to separate himself from the business as well as the stigmas that come with it. Vince doesn't have the resources to pay Rock to risk his current status in Hollywood by coming back and working matches again. He will come, he will entertain on the mic, and he will take his leave.

I really dont feel like going into my usual debate on why he's coming back and all the evidence, but he is. It'll be at WrestleMania though and likely could be next year as they were contemplating Miami or Atlanta, but hey, maybe not,

maybe they'll save it for WrestleMania 30

The Rock vs John Cena will happen there's too much pointing to it you just have to see it and another thing to the person who said Royal Rumble was number 2, where is the Royal Rumble AXXESS?

No, SummerSlam really is the 2nd PPV, It's the biggest part of the summer, biggest ppv of the Summer, it's Summer's WrestleMania thus 2nd biggest PPV

Royal Rumble is 3rd as it's leading to the biggest and the main event is special and beloved and exciting

Survivor Series has been the 4th biggest one still great but the obvious 4th

WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series

the rock v.s john cena
i think it should be the rock v.s randy orton or hhh
some one that could put on a really good match cena v.s the rock would only be good if cena was a heel and wrestled like he did when he first started in the wwe

I am A HUGE Rock Fan and a HUGE Cena Hater, dats y i dont want this match,becoz i dont want the rock being booed by stupid kids and cena getting pops

i say that becoz when stone cold returned to guest host RAW, he got a very weak ass pop(im not sure if it was a pop either)

i think there shud be the rock vs goldberg and taker vs hhh at wm27

I honestly doubt he'll wrestle a match or be involved in a feud with anything, unfortunately. I think he'll be there, and guest host, (perhaps put an end to it? seems fitting, on a three hour show..)a rock bottom, peoples elbow and the usual.

I don't have a problem seeing the Rock guest host Raw but I really don't see him wrestling another match. He has said many times before that he will not be returning to the ring and acting is his career now. As much as I would like to see one final match, it's not happening.

Ok here's the biggest flaw I see in the whole Rock vs Cena match. I have a hard time believing Rocky would job to Cena, and I would personally assassinate Vince if he even considered puttin Rock over. I would be absolutely ecstatic if he came back to host, but to be honest, I don't care if he has one more match. It would be great for the business, possibly draw in a lot of casual to not so casual fans, but from a personal perspective, I'm over The Rock now.

I hope to god the Rock is the guest host for the 3 hour Raw. He's the best ever on the microphone and can work the crowd like no other with his words. I just hope if he does appear he gets more air-time than the usual guest hosts. WWE blew Austin's return for me, he was barely on the show and I wanted to see him stunner someone so badly. Lets hope when (if?) the Rock hosts he gets more to do than Stone Cold did.

The Face of the PG era vs The icon of the attitude era ....... wouldnt this be great or what ???

For people who are saying christian WTF ??? a dude that just lost to ted dibease is magicly in 2-3 months have a showdown against the rock ??? pmsl i am a christian fan but lets not get over excited. Orton vs the rock i dont see happening seeing that orton is starting to become a tweener/face so i dont see a storyline which could lead to a battle between the two. Sheamus ????? naaaaahhh he is to white.

Miami and 3 hour raw = The Rock which is pretty sure.

Pg Era = rock has said himself that he will not put up with the PG ERA crap and if he wants to come back even for a night the PG crap goes outta the window untill he is there so if he is to come back i dont think you need to worry about no uses of the candy ass, peoples stroodle etc phrases because the rock is not settling with pg.

Cena vs the rock : Vince wouldnt let this one pass would he ???? how much money could you make out of this amazing matchup. millions of kiddies asking there daddies "I wanna watch cena kick the rocks willie!!!!!" and BAM theres the ppv sales for tv. The old wwe fans who dont watch anymore and hate cena's guts "FUCK HOW LONG HAVE I WAITED FOR THIS?????? Its time cena gets his candy ass whiped" and bam more ppv sales and what about comercial ..... this would be the talk of every late night show, news channels, disabled home, lower school, high school, the white house and what not. I think this wud be a chance vince wouldnt pass if he got the oppertunity.

Build up : The rock can use cena's rants from over the last few years and take out all his feeling out about cena on that very 3 hour show. You have the king of PG out there and challenges the great one to one more match. The rock refuses. In the following weeks cena bashes the rock show after show after show untill that satelite broadcast comes. "Cena get ready your ass is about to be whooped by the rocks stroodle at summerslam" and BAM the main event is set.

As far as the rocks shape goes have you seen his recent interview ..... he has said himself he is in better shape than he was in his wwe days and was he in shape alright!!!!!. He is an action star has not lost a single inch in his arm (i think theyv grown more!) so im sure he has that one more .. hell a whole year of matches left in him !. Just some practise behinde the scenes will get his ring rust out and we all are good to go.

Just to make things clear I am a hardcore cena fan but Not biast towards just one guy. I dont agree with rock abandoning the very thing that made him who he is over the past sevral years but if he is too gain some sence and come back why not!!! i dont care who wins imma be on cena's side but i would be happy as long as the match happens. Both guys can and will make the best come out of each other and it will be somthing that will be never forgotton. Cena can perform i know it .... HBK is enough to show that. As long as cena takes on a great performer he will have the best taken out of him.

for people who dont think that rock will not perform a match just cuz he said that on a late night show you 'REALLY' think that wwe and the rock or cena would let the roof of this thing. I dont think so im sure that none of these peoples will give any hints of a match untill that very 3 hr broadcast in miami.

I seriously hope this thing happens because i can garundamtee you this is gonna be massive.

It's a reach to say The Rock would work again. Especially this soon. The likely scenario would be him 'Guest Hosting' in Miami for that Raw and hopefully getting involved in some capacity. Now, if he started getting back into ring shape and working out in the ring again, then it's a great possibility that Rock would be able to work a match or two, but to be honest, I'm just hopeful to see him in the ring in any capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back