• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has the Rock's recent return exposed his shortcomings as a talker?

In no way is Cena a wannabe rock or austin, maybe hogan.

Personally I DON'T think the tude era would have gotten over in today's climate. Take away the bird, blood, and cussing and austin is still exciting but not as good. Put rock under PG circumstances and he's rocky maivia, and we all know how that worked out.

I say give this generation a chance. Go to a live show. Cena and Orton are MASSIVELY over. You might not like them but it's true and that's all that matters. I'd put this era with any era except for the post tude era. The tude era had pretty shit in ring quality for the most part, the "next generation" era sucked a huge cock, the "golden" age was more predictable and repetitive than today.

This is only my opinion though. The opinion of one person doesn't matter, the masses are who dictates the pace. McMahon tries to stay ahead of it, all the greats in any venture are like that. When asked how he was so good, Wayne Gretzky once said "I go to where I think the puck is going to be, not where it's been".

That's what Vince has to do. After Benoit he saw the shitstorm brewing and had to tone his product down. Do I think Cena, Orton, and the entire roster would benefit hugely from no restrictions? Hell yes. However, going through this era is forcing everyone to be more creative because with restrictions, you have to find new ways.

Why do you think Austin vs hart was so awesome (beyond the storytelling?) It was BRUUUTAL, especially for it's time. You think they were used to seeing blood pour from a man's head like a faucet? You think that same match would have gotten Austin as over if it had happened in 2001? I don't.

So just deal with it and appreciate it for what it is and try to understand WHY they are doing this. Not "goddamnit I hate this PG shit".

In no way is Cena a wannabe rock or austin, maybe hogan.

Personally I DON'T think the tude era would have gotten over in today's climate. Take away the bird, blood, and cussing and austin is still exciting but not as good. Put rock under PG circumstances and he's rocky maivia, and we all know how that worked out.

I say give this generation a chance. Go to a live show. Cena and Orton are MASSIVELY over. You might not like them but it's true and that's all that matters. I'd put this era with any era except for the post tude era. The tude era had pretty shit in ring quality for the most part, the "next generation" era sucked a huge cock, the "golden" age was more predictable and repetitive than today.

This is only my opinion though. The opinion of one person doesn't matter, the masses are who dictates the pace. McMahon tries to stay ahead of it, all the greats in any venture are like that. When asked how he was so good, Wayne Gretzky once said "I go to where I think the puck is going to be, not where it's been".

That's what Vince has to do. After Benoit he saw the shitstorm brewing and had to tone his product down. Do I think Cena, Orton, and the entire roster would benefit hugely from no restrictions? Hell yes. However, going through this era is forcing everyone to be more creative because with restrictions, you have to find new ways.

Why do you think Austin vs hart was so awesome (beyond the storytelling?) It was BRUUUTAL, especially for it's time. You think they were used to seeing blood pour from a man's head like a faucet? You think that same match would have gotten Austin as over if it had happened in 2001? I don't.

So just deal with it and appreciate it for what it is and try to understand WHY they are doing this. Not "goddamnit I hate this PG shit".

Fair enough, i think the attitude era with the blood, cussing and naked woman was wicked for the time been, n ive bin to a live show i went to smackdown back in oct, i loved it there was no line ups to buy beer hahaha, the miz was wicked same with del rio. cena was there and i said cena sucks and a 5 year old ginger kid kept giving me the dirty eye haha.. im just saying you cant compare the rocks promos to cenas and you cant hate on the rock for moving on to bigger and better things and the wwe cant keep pushing cena down our throats

I don't hate the Rock for it, I hate that he says in his promos that he loves it(which again, could be a great subtle way to irk Cena fans even more and increase the tension). I think it's unfair to compare Cena and Rock since when Rock had the PG restriction he sucked ass. It's like trying to compare Greg Maddux and Bob Gibson. Gibson pitched with a higher mound, in bigger parks, vs players that weren't on roids. So while Gibson's raw numbers are better, maddux deserves a ton of respect for what he did.

I don't think Cena is shoved down our throats, I think that Cena is so good at working everyone that WWE has no choice but to push the shit out of him. He makes a ton of money.

WWE live, and especially if you can get close is the best way to really feel what's going on and understand their thinking. I was at a house show and Miz worked the crowd into a frenzy like no one I've ever seen live (including Rock). Rock has them in his hands from the get go. Miz had to work for it, he came out to a lukewarm reaction, but by the end of his promo the crowd was so loud I couldn't hear Miz at all who was screaming on the mic and I was close to a speaker near the aisle.

You have to take everything in context. You can't shit on Cena without knowing why he does what he does the way he does.

I think we've hijacked this thread long enough. I'm satisfied, donno about you.

I wasn't gonna comment on this post because I thought the topic was absolutely ridiculous but after reading all the comments 8 pages worth there's one person comment's that just was to damn bananas for me to continue to sit on the sidelines. TWJC: The Beginning I been reading your comments on the subject of Cena/Rock for the past couple days & I was going to ignore them cause everyone is entitled to there opinion no matter if right or wrong or stupid or dumb they maybe but some of your comments or just to damn rotten to sit well on my stomach. Before I give my response to some of your nonsense 1st I'll comment on the subject of this topic.

Has the Rock's recent return exposed his shortcomings as a talker?

No The Rock's recent return has only exposed the shortcomings of everyone else on the current roster as a talker. Rock came back on the 1st night & gave all the boys in the back a lession in promo cutting 101. He was so cold he even had other legends wondering what the hell was WWE thinking for letting him loose like that when he isn't a full time wrestler anymore. Rock also came back & gave the fans that entertainment value that we all had been missing for years.

Do you think the Rock's promo's rely too much on catchphrases raher than actual substance?

The Rock's promo's have always been catchphrase heavy for a person not to know this would mean that there a new fan & didn't see Rocky get done when he was full time. Now as far as substance is concerned there really wasn't much for him to say seeing as at 1st he wasn't going to be in a match. So how much can a man say that isn't suppose to be wrestling he said all the important things he wanted to say in his 1st promo back. He also had enough substance in his second promo even though he sounded a little out of character w/his speech & it didn't have the same effect as the 1st cause he wasn't live.

Now to TWJC: The Beginning I'm not going to comment on all the bullshit I disagree w/u on because there's no real point in me doing so. I'm just going to post my peace on the shit that is to ridiculous IMO.

Dumb people like to follow along with things they know.

Why do people have to be dumb just because there joining in & reciting the words of there favorite wrestler. Isn't that all apart of enjoying any live program no matter what it is. So what the hell do you do when your favorite superstar comes out & speaks you just sit in your seat & look dumb because songing along w/the characters is beneath you. You wouldn't feel intelligent if you was to do such a thing.

HOWEVER, the Cena fans on here seem to at least be smart enough to acknowledge that Rock is pretty damn good. Rock fans will never admit Cena is any good until it's cool to do so.

You most have skipped over alot of my post on the subject of Cena/Rock cause I'm more of a Rock fan then I am of Cena & there's plenty of times where I done said the guy does have talent he just doesn't show it all the time IMO. Please if your gonna make statements don't just put everybody in the same group just because majority is that way. Also there isn't many Cena fans that have been giving Rock his props. Most of Cena's fans make up any statements tryn to prove why John should be cheered & why he should be a face & blah blah blah. They talk about his outside ring work & say he is a good person in real life & does nice things for charities as if any of that great stuff has anything to do w/his in ring work.

Cena has had great promos in the PG era

I would love for you to list the great promos John has cut in this era besides the ones he has done w/The Rock. Also I would love for you to list the promos that John has done that has so much substance & meaning in them by your definition.

Cena said "you never show up, you don't love this business, I do" and Rock says "I'll whoop your candy ass". Which is basically how any dumb douchebag responds to someone calling him out.

This isn't completely what John said in there face to face for a matter of fact he said nothing like this in there face to face. John came out & showed The Rock some love by saying he was once a fan, then went off & tried to make it seem like The Rock didn't have a real problem w/him. He tried to imply that Rocky was just insulting him as a person for no reason & that Rock doesn't have a right to do that. Now this promo IMO was one of the best by John as far as delivery goes but when you break down what he said it was mostly bullshit. He judge Rocky to begin with but tried to make it seem like it was okay that he judge Rock but it wasn't ok for Rock to talk about how he is the face of a water down version of the company Rock help keep on the map. John didn't sound like a hypocrite to you in some of that promo or is it the fact that his delivery of his words was so good that you disregarded the bullshit he was spitting.

YOU find me one Rock promo with substance. No stroodle jokes, no homo jokes, no catchphrases. Find me something with substance and an actual point beyond whoop your purple monkey ass.

See you seem like you miss the whole point of The Rock's character entirely. The point of all his promos is the fact that he was better then everyone else in ever aspect of what it is to be a sports entertainer. He was beyond cocky, extremely confident, massively driven, aggressive & the best part of his character was the fact that he would go out & prove that his words was true. It didn't matter what match it was or how many ppl he had to fight or if you had won a match over him before he was gonna prove that he was the very best in the business at that time. The second point of his promos was to just verbally rip into his opponents before he physically rip into them & to also disrespect them on a level that is way past crossing the line. You mean to tell me as long as you claim you been watching wrestling that you never understood the points he was getting across in non of his promos. He wasn't tryn to go out & speak poetry about the situation he was in. To anwser your question if you wont to hear some of his promos that are joke free & not catchphrase heavy then look up his promos he had on Austin at Mania 19 the interview he did w/Austin before there Mania 17 match, & the promo he did when Austin took his ball & went home to name a few.

Think of it this way. There are two types of Cena fans. The kids, who like him because he's the ultimate good guy; and guys like me, people who appreciate his work.

So you appreciate a man who has come out for the past few years & performs under his full potential just because his top spot is safe & his target audience is to damn young to notice it.

There is one type of Rock fan, the teenager (or uneducated hick who's brain never developed past age 15 which happens REALLY often, most Americans are like this).

This is the comment that set me off the most you mean to tell me that the only way to be a Rock fan is to either be a teenager or a mostly brain dead adult. :wtf: You couldn't have been serious when you posted this bullshit. If your statement was true then who the hell do you suppose to be a fan of that shows your not brain dead or a teenager? There are many reasons why I'm a Rock fan & I'm pretty damn sure that my brain isn't half dead & I'm to old now to be a teenager. I don't have a problem w/u not being a Rock fan or whatever but I don't appreciate being call uneducated & brain dead just because I'm a fan of a certain wrestler.

I know the rock doesn't LOVE wrestling because he never wanted to be one. Because he slaved away in the canadian football league. Because after a few short years he left.

So just because his original plans wasn't to be a wrestler that makes you automatically assume he doesn't love wrestling. You don't have no real proof to prove that he doesn't love wrestling your just on here assuming shit a spreading your nonsense ass comments as if there facts. You know how many ppl in this world try one thing & it didn't work out so they went on & became successful at something else. By your definition everyone in the whole world that has been in the same situation really doesn't love what they end up doing no matter how hard they worked at it or how successful they became at the other option. You also saying that the only way for a person to really love there field they have to stay forever at that one career no matter if they have done everything in that field.

You also posted something like all the ppl that boo Cena only boo him because they enjoy it, its the kool thing to do right now as a wrestling fan & because he a goofy buff white boy that wears bright colors.

Once again when you post a comment don't just make it seem like everybody that dislikes him at the moment dislikes him only for those stupid ass reasons. Those are dumb ass reason to dislike a wrestler & that isn't the reason why I'm displeased w/Cena the wrestler. I'm not a fan of him right now because he has become a water down version of his true self. I have become annoyed w/the predictable booking of his character because 9 times out of 10 in big match situation John wins. I hate the fact that WWE is & have been tryn to convince the fans that he is just as good or better then the old top faces by having him overcome every situation he is put in. He can get beat down for weaks at a time but non of that matters because 9 times out of 10 John will get the last laugh & make his opponent look like a weak ass bitch in the process. I hate how he never takes the situations that he is in serious, he just comes out everyweek w/a smile on his face like nothing bad has happen to him the nights & weeks beforehand. The shit has gotten ridiculous & it's not just him I have a problem w/either cause there's many more but that for another post.

Im almost 18 but I've kept up with almost everything thats happened in WWE/WWF since 1996 via research and videos.

The Rock before 2003 was exceptional, no matter where in the world you would go, if you stood in an airport and shouted "If you smeeeelllllll!" someone would say "What The Rock is cooooking!" and thats just how it was, obviously you'd be arrested later, but it would happen! however, clearly something had to give in 2011 and considering The Rock is now the outsider, the WWE wern't going to allow him to walk in and dominate the face of the WWE, and personally, I believe Dwayne himself wouldn't want to walk in and "completely" dominate either. The Rock is a pro, he knows what its like to carry an Era on his shoulders, and like he said, he respects Cena. He knows that Cena will have to be put over and hes going about it in the right way. Yes things can get personal but what the hell! Its all good E!

Throughout the promos I thought it worked like a Tennis match, with an extrememly interesting rally back and forth, both had their moments, but overall I felt John Cena made his point the best! This may or may not be because hes better on the mic, Im not going to debate that, and neither should any of you, its not about the mic, its about the heart they put into what they want us to buy! John said what we were all thinking, what we were all wanting, what we all NEEEDED! John Cena vs The Rock! and thats what won it! Rock however just came in and said his usual lines, added a few jokes that I've sorta heard before, but not in that context. The Rock was limited in his actions but so was Cena! Cena clearly preferred his hip hop character, but he makes do with what he has and he does it brilliantly!

Lets just see how it plays out and obviously John Cena will beat The Rock at WM 28, I think we can all agree on that?

Cena has had great promos in the PG era, how over do you think a PG Rock would get? O yea, Rocky Maivia? REAL entertaining there wasn't he.

you take the restrictions from Cena and he's amazing, you put restrictions on Cena and he makes you think, he's not all catchphrase catchphrase catchphrase. Take restrictions off the Rock and he's awesome, you put restrictions on the Rock and he's no different than one of those "push my button to hear my say 1 of 10 catcphrases" toys.

Well you know, 11 year olds and also Bryan Alvarez. He writes for Meltzer's observer newsletter. You know, he knows enough about the insides of wrestling that he gets paid to write for the most reputable smarky magazine in the world. But yea, what a fuckin moron. He should just discredit the fact that the media raped WWE after benoit and so they need to be PG, the fact that if you were to take out cusswords and force the attitude Era to be PG you'd have a shitty fuckin show. You're an idiot. I don't care if that's flaming. You really are. You have no concept of deep thought. You just kinda have your head up your ass with this 'ATTITUDE ERA' shit. kurt angle isn't that good of a wrestling in 2011. Most insiders will agree. He's nowhere near how good he was in 2001.

OMG He said it again! :lmao::lmao::lmao: We all know that kurt isn't the same kurt, but in your pervious post you said that he's not a good wrestler anymore, Which is completly BS! When it comes to in-ring wrestling kurt is still a top 5 in the world today, and more importantly, he's still levels above cena in the ring. So who the hell are you to question kurt's wrestling ability?

Now, Bryan Alvarez. I said austin, HHH, jericho, king, and cole all agree that rock is the best ever in the mic, and you're tellin me bryan alvarez?! LOL who the hell is bryan alvarez?! Anyway, You didn't even mention what he said. Did he say that cena is better than rock on the mic?.....No need to answer, cause I already know it. Nobody is dumb enough to say such thing, unless you're a.....:rolleyes:

"He should just discredit the fact that the media raped WWE after benoit and so they need to be PG, the fact that if you were to take out cusswords and force the attitude Era to be PG you'd have a shitty fuckin show. You're an idiot. I don't care if that's flaming. You really are. You have no concept of deep thought. You just kinda have your head up your ass with this 'ATTITUDE ERA' shit"

Matter of fact, I didn't complain about the PG era at all :shrug:. I didn't say hey they need to go back to attitude or anything cause even if they do, it won't reach the level of success of the 'tude era. You see it's not about PGTV or 14TV or whatever, it's just there is no REAL talent to take the company the the next level. Cena is no rock and he's no austin. End of story.

I'll stop here cause is you're clearly an assclown. So why would I waste my time with a joke like you. So once again, know your role and shut your mouth, take all your shitty posts and stick them so far up in your kiddie ass!

To be honest I used to love the rock, but as of late he has kinda seemed to get stale to me imo. New generation with new wrestlers, I think it needs to be kept that way

RJJ....I'm done. You're narrow minded. You come across as uneducated. Which is my theory on Rock fans. They're either 15, or their brain never developed passed that. I'm not saying they're ******ed. Psychological studies have shown that high school dropouts, or people without a secondary education, have the same brain function and "intelligence" that they had at around age 15 or 16. They stop challenging themselves intellectually and thus, their brain doesn't "grow". Most wrestling fans ARE uneducated. That's not arguable. Go to a show, wrestling fans are generally dumb and blue collar. There's nothing wrong with that. Half my family is like that. They're usually really good people, just uneducated. Rock might be the greatest of all time on promos, that's an opinion. that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that his promos are like a pop song, no substance. This is a fact. His promos are fun, people like to sing a long with them. Exactly like a pop song. some people think Michael Jackson is the greatest singer of all time. I disagree. I don't think Jackson was all that artistic because I don't like pop music. I like deeper things.

rock's prmos have no substance and are basically sing a longs.

Kurt Angle is not top 5 in the world. You are dellusional and have been worked. His matches are repetitive and he has not a single believable finisher. This is also an opinion though, so it can't be proven. However, he's not a top 5 draw in the world. Which basically means he's not one of the top 5 in the world at his job. His job is wrestling. He's not a top 5 wrestler in the world when you look at it objectively.

Hollywood E Rock, you aren't bias at all are you?

Rock fans DO come across as dumb. People who chant along with promos and think that makes them great ARE dumb. As I said, go to a WWE event. A majority of the audience is white trash. White trash people are uneducated. Catchphrases don't make me pop. Catchphrases don't interest me. I like substance, something being said. That's why I'm a big fan of Foley and Piper.

It's not bad that Rock fans (like most wrestling fans) are uneducated. Rock is like pop music. He doesn't ever actually say anything, but he's exciting, he has this whole persona going on, and he says a lot of shit over and over that people can chant along with. How is that NOT like a pop singer?

I'm trying to not state anything opinionated, but factual things. rock might be the greatest promo ever because he got a great reaction and that's the goal. However, he's like a pop singer. Pop singers sell the most records. The average income and education of wrestling fans is low. So when I say "wrestling fans are dumb" I'm not bein mean, I'm being factual.

Rock is looked at as a joke by most movie critics. Movie critics and fans of oscar-worthy movies are typically more educated because they can comprehend more complex storytelling. Rock is looked at like a god in wrestling. If most wrestling fans are generally dumber than the average american, and most wrestling fans are rock fans. doesn't that make rock fans generally dumb?

Judging from the way most outspoken Rock fans type on here, like "str8" or calling people candy asses (parroting someone else shows a lack of creativity and ability to express your feelings) and the fact that what's his face I was talking to basically admitted that he didn't have a higher education, I'd venture to say I'm right.

By parroting, I mean, like this:
I'll stop here cause is you're clearly an assclown. So why would I waste my time with a joke like you. So once again, know your role and shut your mouth, take all your shitty posts and stick them so far up in your kiddie ass

I would like for each Rock fan to put their real highest level of education in their sig. There isn't anything wrong with being uneducated, like I said, a lot of my family and friends are uneducated. Uneducated people tend to be narrow minded and unable to see another's point of view or to think abstractly. Which is how most Rock fans on here argue. The uneducated are also more nostalgic because as a kid, they were at their "enjoyment" peak because their current life isn't fullfilling. Pretty much every sign points to Rock fans as being uneducated. Cena fans at shows, because their either young or white trash women are also uneducated. However, Cena fans on here seem to be able to grasp that the WWE doesn't cater to them. They seem more capable of abstract thought. More capable of saying "it's business and Cena is a good choice, Rock is good too" where Rock fans go 'CENA'S PROMOS SUCK, YOUTUBE ALL OF THE ROCK'S HE'S WAY BETTER, ROCK IS BETTER THAN CENA'S CANDY ASS"

One more thing I need to clarify. RJJ, nobody is "brain dead". People's brains develop over time. If you stop challenging your brain (education) your brain stops "getting better" and thus, your ability to comprehend things and basically "the way you think" stays at roughly whatever age you stopped challenging your brain. If you are a high school dropout, or even if you just have a HS diploma, your cognitive ability (the process of thought) is no different than that of a 16 year old, even if you're 40.

Hollywood E Rock, you aren't bias at all are you?

Rock fans DO come across as dumb. People who chant along with promos and think that makes them great ARE dumb. As I said, go to a WWE event. A majority of the audience is white trash. White trash people are uneducated. Catchphrases don't make me pop. Catchphrases don't interest me. I like substance, something being said. That's why I'm a big fan of Foley and Piper.

It's not bad that Rock fans (like most wrestling fans) are uneducated. Rock is like pop music. He doesn't ever actually say anything, but he's exciting, he has this whole persona going on, and he says a lot of shit over and over that people can chant along with. How is that NOT like a pop singer?

I'm trying to not state anything opinionated, but factual things. rock might be the greatest promo ever because he got a great reaction and that's the goal. However, he's like a pop singer. Pop singers sell the most records. The average income and education of wrestling fans is low. So when I say "wrestling fans are dumb" I'm not bein mean, I'm being factual.

Rock is looked at as a joke by most movie critics. Movie critics and fans of oscar-worthy movies are typically more educated because they can comprehend more complex storytelling. Rock is looked at like a god in wrestling. If most wrestling fans are generally dumber than the average american, and most wrestling fans are rock fans. doesn't that make rock fans generally dumb?

Judging from the way most outspoken Rock fans type on here, like "str8" or calling people candy asses (parroting someone else shows a lack of creativity and ability to express your feelings) and the fact that what's his face I was talking to basically admitted that he didn't have a higher education, I'd venture to say I'm right.

By parroting, I mean, like this:

I would like for each Rock fan to put their real highest level of education in their sig. There isn't anything wrong with being uneducated, like I said, a lot of my family and friends are uneducated. Uneducated people tend to be narrow minded and unable to see another's point of view or to think abstractly. Which is how most Rock fans on here argue. The uneducated are also more nostalgic because as a kid, they were at their "enjoyment" peak because their current life isn't fullfilling. Pretty much every sign points to Rock fans as being uneducated. Cena fans at shows, because their either young or white trash women are also uneducated. However, Cena fans on here seem to be able to grasp that the WWE doesn't cater to them. They seem more capable of abstract thought. More capable of saying "it's business and Cena is a good choice, Rock is good too" where Rock fans go 'CENA'S PROMOS SUCK, YOUTUBE ALL OF THE ROCK'S HE'S WAY BETTER, ROCK IS BETTER THAN CENA'S CANDY ASS"

One more thing I need to clarify. RJJ, nobody is "brain dead". People's brains develop over time. If you stop challenging your brain (education) your brain stops "getting better" and thus, your ability to comprehend things and basically "the way you think" stays at roughly whatever age you stopped challenging your brain. If you are a high school dropout, or even if you just have a HS diploma, your cognitive ability (the process of thought) is no different than that of a 16 year old, even if you're 40.

LMAO we went from "who is better on the mic rock or cena?" all the way to "brain dead", "education", "hollywood", "family", "life fulfilling" "Pop singers", and all that nonsense you posted above. It's very simple, Rock is better than cena on the mic, clear as day, end of story, and it doesn't have anything to do with math, rock is just better...You see that's a big reason why you, cena fans, are.........cena fans. You mix wrestling with other stuff. For example, "Do you think cena deserve all the heat he's been getting?", They'll come up with answers like "No, he's a good person in real life" "No, he does charity work" "No, he work so hard, and the fans should appreciate that", "No, he made wishes come true to alot of kids". With all due respect, I don't give a flying crap about his outside ring activities. You see all of this have nothing to do with wrestling. Don't get exited, yours are no better(talking about dwayne johnson, the actor). The fact that you brought up rock's movie career proves to me that you've got nothing on the rock "the wrestler"(The exact same thing that cena did). It's funny that you mentioned foley's name as one of your favourite on the mic, don't get me wrong, foley is great on the mic, and without a doubt one of the best in that category, but if my memory serves me correctly, he was a cheap pop machine. How many times did we hear foley's infamous "Right here! in (Whatever city he's in)" phrase? The guy used to sing this phrase at least 3 times in a single promo. How about the "testicular fortitude" or "have a nice day"(For a guy who is educated in wrestling, I thought you've already knew that..:lmao:). Not to mention stealing rock's phrases. I said it before and all say it again, everyone had phrases in the attitude era, austin has "austin 3:16" "And that's the bottom line case SC said so" "I know if you can hear this but you got 20,000 people callin you an a-hole" "...and that's all I got to say about that" "DTA, don't trust anybody" "What?!"(you didn't complain about austin going what for like 90% of a promo?) "I'll gonna stomp the mudhole on you and walk it dry" "I'll open a big fat can of whoop ass" "Bring your little carcass to this ring" "...,Son", during his heel turn "My name is SCSA and I am the WWF champion" "I don't trust you". Triple h, he didn't have much, but here are some of his phrases "......,jack" "I am the game and I am that damn good" "Suck it" "I am the best in this business" "Are you ready?" "Then, for the thousands in attendance, and the millions watching around the world: Let's get ready to suck it!". You see everyone had his own phrases, but none of these phrases got over the way rock's phrases did. You complain about rock's promos having no contents and repetitive, while in fact cena comes every week begging for the respect of the audience with lines like "Wether you like me or not, I'm here to entertain you" "I'm here every week to show my love and passion for this business" and all that same crap.

So....stop flip-flopping, and keep your discussion inside the squared circle. And by the way, since you don't like phrases that much I decided to give you some in my pervious post, so..yeah I did it intentionally, and I did it for fun. So know you role, and shut your mouth, and stop complaining.

People complain we wewwewew cry cry cry about the rocks promos. My goodness i grew up with rocky tearing it up i knew cena could talk but i also knew that the rock couldn't do the same things he did back then. The thing is the business changed and the rock coming back had to change with it. its not the same and Attitude era fans wanted what they got back then however that aint happening his character has changed and he is still golden on the mic the people love him so just let it be. You guys complain he makes the money whos laughing at the end of the day.

I'm a Rocky fan, but not for the reason most people are. I'm a Rock fan because he was someone of my skin tone, who was a star of a company driven entirely by the other guys. I know it sounds racist, and fuck it if it does, but when I was young, it was hard not to notice things like that. I was a huge fan of Shawn Michaels, but the rock was something different. I was drawn to guys like farooq, ahmed johnson, and d-lo brown because they looked like me. for a 7-8-9 year old, that was huge.

I think many people confuse what is really going on here. The Rock is here not because he loves the WWE, but for the fact that he loves the spotlight. He played college football because that's what he wanted to do. He wanted to be in the NFL, but he wasn't good enough on a team that was stacked with nfl talent. he played football in canada but he got cut. In canada? getting cut? means you're not that good. He did like many other people do when their dream gets crushed, join the family business. when most people can't reach their dream, they go into a field where they have a way in. he had a way into wrestling. from day one, he wanted to be in the spotlight. when he got into the nation of domination, he screwed farooq so he could be in the spotlight. everything he did was for the spotlight.

when he left for hollywood, it was when stone cold and triple h were owning things. he came back, but left again during the time of the company merger. he saw all the other superstars coming as less of a spotlight on him, so what did he do? go to hollywood to be in the spotlight.

Now he's back, fueding with cena, why? because of the spotlight. Cena is the biggest draw, so of course rock would come back to fued with him because the spotlight would be on him. he even overshadowed the entire wm and the wwe championship. he was via satellite not because he loved the business, but because he loved the spotlight. what movie is rock currently the lead man in? i can't recall any. so what does he do when he isn't in a spotlight for a movie? gets to be in the spotlight for the WWe.

As far as his promos, i think that the Rock is mainly doing the same stuff he has been doing, but the landscape has changed. you have people like cm punk, who preaches straight edge, and people like orton who is mentally unstable and has anger management. Cena and his cenation loyalty and hustle stuff. i think that now, the characters are more developed and have a main trait. Rock really doesn't have that now. so in order to make up for that, he throws out his catchphrases and gets angry at nothing. I think that if Hollywood Heel Rock would have came back it would have been a better thing because when he was hollywood heel rock, he had a true image. he was all hollywood, mad at the fans for booing and turning on him. now, it just seems like he's back just for the fact of being back, and like anything, times have changed so it's not what these fans are used to.

And to all of those people comparing pg era to attitude era, cena came in before the pg era and after the attitude era, and he was cursing and calling everybody gay and that he'd put his piece in the guys mouth, and he held his own for the most part. I think most of the people just don't want to see cena as a good spitter. Also, the entire event is to push cena into the stratusphere to be one of the greats. So maybe rock see's this as an opportunity to keep cena "in the game" because he doesn't hate cena and he isn't here to destroy cena, he's here to give him the boost that he needs right now. it's a business. The rock isn't gonna slaughter the face of the company.

I don't think it showed anything except for mic-rust. He hasn't done this in a number of years, and talking in front of thousands of people on a weekly basis takes some time to get used to again.

Plus, he's finally working with someone who's up to par with him on the mic, to the point where they're highlighting each others' flaws; almost competing.

Rocky is just getting into the groove of things again. We'll start seeing some great stuff, as long as he actually DOES work with the WWE on a regular basis like he said he would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back