• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock's summer WWE return.

Hum, This does sound likely, though i hadn't really thought of something like this myself haha :/ But, i really don't want to see him in a match with Cena, It just doesn't sound appealing to me... I think i'd much prefer if he wrestled somebody else, My personal choices would probably be, Chris Jericho, HHH, Or maybe even Randy Orton. Though it is more likely if he did ever get in to a match, It would be with cena, Which is a bit of a waste really.

"Finally.... The Rock has come back to Monday Night RAW!" After about an hour or so of the people's chanting his name, and the millions and millions of The Rock's fans around the world chant in honor of The Great One, Monday Night RAW live from Miami in a three hour special event will begin. The Rock will proceed down the People's Ramp, step into the People's Ring, and begin what is perhaps going to be the single greatest promo since the end of the Attitude Era or WWWF/WWF/WWE history for that matter. Finally, The Rock will commence to make fun of the current WWE Champion and World Heavyweight Champion akin to what he did on SmackDown's 10th Anniversary episode. The kiddies will cry out to their champion and "The Time is Now" will begin playing but only the voices of the People's can be heard chanting His name while boos echo in the background. The Champ stares down The People's Champion, The Great One, The Rock. The following ensues:

"Who in the blue hell do you think you are coming out here and interrupting The Rock while he's running his promo?" says The Rock to a smiling Cena.
"I'm John," but Cena is cut off by an all too familiar automated response from The Great One.
"It doesn't matter!" yells The Rock as thousands in attendance chant his name but Cena continues on smiling. "If you want to come out here and interrupt The Rock, well, The Rock says this," but The Rock is forced to pause as the people once again chant his name and his curves his brow in response as the goose bumps finally settle in, "The Rock will take that so called WWE Championship from you like this, turn it sideways like this," The Rock pauses as the many in audience await what will come next, "dust it off like this and stick it straight up your candy ass!" Cena's smile finally becomes awkward as he realizes the man in the ring is not just some pushover but a man of greatness who has long since earned himself a spot in the WWE Hall of Fame along the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin and many others.
John Cena, at a loss of words, finally conjures the courage to speak up once again. "Well, Rock, I think you've done it. You've actually come back and managed to make me speechless but you see, the times have changed, Rock. You've been gone, what? Five plus years and you think you can just come back and just act like nothing's ever changed?" Cena speaks casually in a low tone as if to make his statement that much more important and meaningful but it only seems to entice a growing fire within The Rock.
"Well, Rock this. Well, Rock that. You can't see me. Bla-bla-bla-bla," The Rock mocks John Cena. Somehow, somewhere, the two man had now been standing face to face as Michael Cole and King's commentary had now become somewhat more noticeable, yet background, The Rock readied himself for a reply. "Allow The Rock one second to answer your question," as He delivered a powerful kick to John Cena's gut microphones thrown aside and followed his kick with what would be imprinted in the memories of millions for years to come with what's perhaps the most famous finisher in history, The Rock Bottom, sending chills down the spine of the thousands in audience and millions at home and abroad. Recomposing himself as Cena lay there on the ring on the verge of unconsciousness, The Rock once again donned his mic. Finally, after a brief pause, "If you smell," He paused as the people chanted his name, "what The Rock," and another brief pause as the crowd answer his call, "is cooking," followed by an all too familiar jazzy anthem. And thus began Monday Night RAW as Michael Cole and King's commentary now became ever more noticeable as a commercial break set itself in.

Yeah, I think I got a bit carried away there for a moment, but the thought of The Great One picking John Cena apart, live? Well, it doesn't get better than that. Will it happen? Sure. Why not? As many have mentioned previously, Vince won't let a chance to make millions of dollars, even billions, pass him by without at least trying to seize it. What's one of two more matches to The Rock? Not much. Storyline possibilities? Endless. Hall of Fame induction by John Cena himself on the night before WrestleMania XXVII? Certainty! If nothing also, The Rock's presence alone on RAW would serve to break the monotony brought on by Shawn Michaels' departure and the end of DX, and many more reasons, most notably the boredom brought on by the past dozen or so guest hosts. Even if The Rock is to come back as merely a guest host, it would still do tons for the WWE in general. The repercussion would be felt across all three brands, and television in general. The advertisement leading into and past it would generate Vince millions, and granted that's all he seems to care about these days, he'd be happy. A happy Vince maybe even mean a return to an edgier show after his wife loses the elections and they realize that their attempt at clearing up their act in order to make her look good for voters in Connecticut failed miserably. The Rock on RAW is nothing shy of perhaps the greatest thing to happen in wrestling in recent memory. Heck, I dare say it could be next to if not outright the greatest thing ever. Truth be told, we can only hope and dream. Until then... IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING.

I really dont feel like going into my usual debate on why he's coming back and all the evidence, but he is. It'll be at WrestleMania though and likely could be next year as they were contemplating Miami or Atlanta, but hey, maybe not,

maybe they'll save it for WrestleMania 30

The Rock vs John Cena will happen there's too much pointing to it you just have to see it and another thing to the person who said Royal Rumble was number 2, where is the Royal Rumble AXXESS?
No, SummerSlam really is the 2nd PPV, It's the biggest part of the summer, biggest ppv of the Summer, it's Summer's WrestleMania thus 2nd biggest PPV

Royal Rumble is 3rd as it's leading to the biggest and the main event is special and beloved and exciting

Survivor Series has been the 4th biggest one still great but the obvious 4th

WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series

Yeah, I didnt know there was an AXXESS for Summerslam. Summerslam always seemed to be a lame PPV in my past experiences with them, but I stopped shelling out the cash on PPVs a long time ago.

First of all, SummerSlam is marketed as the #2 PPV by WWE so that would be why it's considered #2 by some and not by others (personally i don't care) as for this, while i would love to see one more match with Rock I don't see it happening there. It will more likely than not see him work them mic and get involved as an enforcer or a guest referee of some sorts for a title match maybe. As for him actually wrestling, the money match is him vs. Cena but I'd rather see him take on someone who can get the rub from him and go on.

The Rock guest hosting will be good hopefully. I am a huge Rock fan and find him very entertaining on the mic, so (even though im not a Cena hater at all) I would love to see him come out and rip Cena on the mic. I also hope to see a Rock v Orton confrontation, as Orton is on top of his game at the moment as an anti hero.

As for him wrestling, I dont think he will. As much as i want him to, I dont think it will happen (unless him stating that he will not wrestle is to add to the surprise). If he does, Id love to see a Cena v Rock at Summerslam, and also an Orton v Rock at the next PPV. Although all that will probably happen is we will see a tuned down version of the Rock (to comply with the PG era) and then he might Rock bottom someone at the end, and that will be it from The Rock and he will go back to Hollywood

I am A HUGE Rock Fan and a HUGE Cena Hater, dats y i dont want this match,becoz i dont want the rock being booed by stupid kids and cena getting pops

i say that becoz when stone cold returned to guest host RAW, he got a very weak ass pop(im not sure if it was a pop either)

i think there shud be the rock vs goldberg and taker vs hhh at wm27
are you kiddin me? the rock is the mutherfudgin tooth fairy. kids are NOT gonna boo the rock.

Something also that just crept up in my head is that the surprise The Rock has seemingly promised maybe just one of two or both of the following:

A DVD set documenting the career of the most electrifying man in sports entertainment history titles something along the lines of The Rock: Just Bring It! and/or his [very] early proclamation as a WWE Hall of Fame inductee for the class of 2011. A complete Rock and Stone Cold DVD set including biographies, interviews, documentaries, matches, highlights, segments and et cetera is long overdue and if The Rock's hosting of RAW does lead into a storyline involving The Great One, then the at least the DVD will be released following the aftermath of the storyline to celebrate The Rock's career akin to the Hart & Soul DVD set. Also, on the subject of DVDs, an Undertaker collection is really overdue.

We all can pretty much say that the 3 hr RAW thats been added to the schedule on June 7th in Miami Florida, will be the one the Rock Guest Hosts. Now, The Rock has stated many many times that he doesnt want to come back and just "guest host". He wants to do something special for the fans. Call me crazy but it is my belief that he will come back and work a match.

Unlike Stone Cold with his damaged neck, The Rock is still in physical condition to work a decent match. But I'm almost sure he won't. Maybe if it was a program with a long build-up at WrestleMania. But he may just come in and do a surprise tag match with Cena or something, which would be great. Honestly Rock has hit a slow period in his movie career and it's a good time to get back into the business for a while, although not as a regular wrestler I'm sure. Back when he was doing Scorpion King and the rest he was somewhat notable in action films, but his latest movie about being a taxi driver for kids or whatever looked really dumb. He has shown he can do PG comedies and still be very funny though. He has so many good catch-phrases and just natural charisma that he can be just as entertaining as in the Attitude Era. Jabroni, know your role, lay the smackdown, can you smell, finally The Rock is back, it doesn't matter what you think, etc. etc. None of those are vulgar, and perfectly fine with the new rating.

Should the Rock be the guest host in Miami? YES

Should he step back into the ring? Yes..BUT Under 2 conditions:

1. He comes back in game day shape. Now you all might say "oh the Rock is ALWAYS in ring shape"...to that I say give me a break! I've seen his "1" time return appearances in which he barely does ANYTHING and he's sweating BULLETS from just his promos. While I want the Rock back as bad as anyone.. I dislike seeing him throw his head back, with sweat pouring on his face simply from calling a few people popcorn farts...His match with Foley vs Evolution at WrestleMania XX wasn't horrible but that's a tag match, plenty of time to rest and come in for a few big explosions of energy. Singles matches, MUCH MUCH different. I personally don't think the Rock will get into the ring unless HE personally feels he can give a match to be proud of.

2. I personally only want to see him come back and rip apart John Cena.I can just see it now

*you can't see*.."
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE ROCK CAN SEE YOU OR NOT! THE FACT REMAINS HE IS GOING TO LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWN ON YOUR CANDY A$S!!!"
God I'd love for someone to just straight out punk out Cena verbally on the mic and let's face it the only person with the caliber to do something like that would be the Rock!

Come to think of it the Rock could come back and give a "rookie" a decent "rub" too. Maybe one of the NXT guys... He (meaning Rock) could say he's been watching lately and he's been really impressed and so on and so forth giving the guy a decent rub. I think if I were WWE I'd let the Rock punk out a heel in his "Guest Host" return. You know hit the ring, Rock Bottom, Peoples Elbow. The usual routine. Then at the end of the night. Have Rock standing over..for this let's say Sheamus (could be ANYONE). Cena comes out after earlier in the night being verbally punked out by the Rock and have Cena issue an "open challenge" to the Rock. Not specifying a date or time yet. This would allow Rock to appear whenever on the Tron talking to Cena (either live or via recorded messages) and that could allow some major hype for a Cena vs. Rock PPV match.

I could not possibly agree more. I would LOVE to see that. I think that would really make a ppv maiin event. The best of the 90's to take on imo a very very good mic worker and main eventer. I think it would do wonders for Cena as well either as a heel or as a face. These are things that WWE can do and TNA can't bringing back The Rock and Bret Hart. I think if the Rock does wrestle at his raw or a ppv after it it would be great to see him stick around for a little while but i hope they don't over use him and push to hard. We don't wanna see the legacy tainted or damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back