The Rock's Place in WWF/WWE History

Where does The Rock Rank?

• The greatest ever

• One of the best, but not the best

• Nowhere close to the top guys

Results are only viewable after voting.
so do you think in 100 years Dwayne will be remembered as a wrestler or a movie star??

Yes hes done more in Hollywood than any other wrestler but hes become so successful there that his wrestling career is being overshadowed; no matter what hes done outside of wrestling its all irrelevant especially since his Hollywood achievements were accomplished by Dwayne Johnson, not the Rock. Hulk Hogan did movies but hes always and forever will be known as "that wrestler who did a couple movies" same for Roddy Piper, same for Stone Cold... Proof is in the pudding that Rock doesnt even go by that name anymore... hes moved on and frankly his WWE tenure will be a footnote in his history when hes gone.

so do you think in 100 years Dwayne will be remembered as a wrestler or a movie star??

Yes hes done more in Hollywood than any other wrestler but hes become so successful there that his wrestling career is being overshadowed; no matter what hes done outside of wrestling its all irrelevant especially since his Hollywood achievements were accomplished by Dwayne Johnson, not the Rock. Hulk Hogan did movies but hes always and forever will be known as "that wrestler who did a couple movies" same for Roddy Piper, same for Stone Cold... Proof is in the pudding that Rock doesnt even go by that name anymore... hes moved on and frankly his WWE tenure will be a footnote in his history when hes gone.

I would agree he would be remembered as a movie star but as long as people recall or relive the history of the Monday Night Wars The Rock will still be a huge part of the WWE history.

This is the way I rank the Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment SuperStars of all time.

1. Chris Jericho
2A. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2B. The Rock
4. Kurt Angle
5A. Ric Flair
5B. Hulk Hogan

The way the general consensus seems to group the very top SuperStars of all time have Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and John Cena on the WWE Mount Rushmore. I can’t and won’t argue that, but my personal preferences stand, even though I may stand alone in my opinion. The Rock is one of the best, but not the Best.

This is the way I rank the Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment SuperStars of all time.

1. Chris Jericho
2A. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2B. The Rock
4. Kurt Angle
5A. Ric Flair
5B. Hulk Hogan

That looks more like a personal pick of favourites. As good as Jericho has been he doesn't belong in a top 5 'historical list' as this thread alludes to.
Jericho was more a B+ guy, consistently a top 6 guy without ever being THE main guy like Hogan, Bruno, Cena did for years- or Austin/Rock did for a significant shorter burst.

That looks more like a personal pick of favourites. As good as Jericho has been he doesn't belong in a top 5 'historical list' as this thread alludes to.
Jericho was more a B+ guy, consistently a top 6 guy without ever being THE main guy like Hogan, Bruno, Cena did for years- or Austin/Rock did for a significant shorter burst.

It is my personal picks of favorites. That’s why I said, “This is the way I rank...” them.

Nobody has entertained me more than The Rock did. I get the impact of Hogan, I get that the Attitude Era was ushered in by Austin - and I love Austin - but for me Rock gets top spot because I see him as the most entertaining performer that wrestling has ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back