• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The problem with CM Punk, as I've said all along...

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Why Punk Was Denied Entry into MSG

It's being reported that the reason why CM Punk was denied entry into Madison Square Garden for the 12/27 WWE house show event is because a security guard did not recognize him and "didn't buy that he was a wrestler." A second security guard, who recognized the WWE Champ, then saw to it that Punk got into the building.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/247329-why-punk-was-denied-msg-entry-brisco-working-indy-scene

That's never good for your top champion. Wrestlers should be larger than life, and Punk looks like the guy who would be working your local 7-11.

I laughed SO hard when I read this. But I mean Punk is pretty awesome & I can't really think of anyone more fitting or deserving to hold the title at this moment.

That's nice.

images

Thats what I have said about Punk,Bryan,Ryder all along. They don't look like Wrestlers and they are ruining the image of Pro-Wrestling worldwide.

Ummm, this seems bizarre to me. If a guy like Evan Bourne doesn't have issues getting past security, why should Punk? Do they not get event passes handed out to them at every event (like those that would grant him access to the parking garage), and he just forgot his? Did he not travel with a buddy from the hotel who could have vouched for him? And how the FUCK does this happen at Madison Square Garden? It's practically the home arena of the WWE!

Ummm, this seems bizarre to me. If a guy like Evan Bourne doesn't have issues getting past security, why should Punk? Do they not get event passes handed out to them at every event (like those that would grant him access to the parking garage), and he just forgot his? Did he not travel with a buddy from the hotel who could have vouched for him? And how the FUCK does this happen at Madison Square Garden? It's practically the home arena of the WWE!

I would imagine he travels with which ever Diva he's fucking at the moment, also this story came from the main page, hardly a reliable source

The whole point of CM Punk is that he isn't larger than life. If your that's your complaint, you're not really getting it.

He's a normal guy and WWE are promoting him as such.

Also, it's a WrestleZone report. Come on.

Thats what I have said about Punk,Bryan,Ryder all along. They don't look like Wrestlers and they are ruining the image of Pro-Wrestling worldwide.

Oh yeah. It's not like roided up, fake tan muscle guys have ruined the image of pro wrestling is it? Don't be a moron.

You're making assumptions about Evan Bourne that I don't stand for. I'm willing to wager that he's been denied entrance to many buildings in his life, some of them hosting WWE events, some of them being Russian embassies.

The report is true Punk even tweeted about it:

Not to nitpick, but Punk's tweet doesn't state the reason he was not allowed entrance. It was not necessarily because a security guard didn't recognize him.

Coco The Monkey said:
You're making assumptions about Evan Bourne that I don't stand for. I'm willing to wager that he's been denied entrance to many buildings in his life, some of them hosting WWE events, some of them being Russian embassies.

Who hasn't gotten denied entrance to the Russian Embassy? Those Spetznaz dudes they have guarding them are notorious for being pricks. So are the ride attendants at amusement parks and their damn height requirements...

All I have to say is Shawn Michaels never looked larger than life either. You don't have to look larger than life to be a top guy, you just need the talent to be a top guy.

You don't need to look larger than life to actually BE larger than life.

Has the guard been fired yet? I'd do that if I were boss and if the security guard failed to recognize one of my top employees who has been working for seven freaking years.

There is also the strong possibility of this story being a work by Punk so that he can use it later somehow.

All I have to say is Shawn Michaels never looked larger than life either. You don't have to look larger than life to be a top guy, you just need the talent to be a top guy.

You don't need to look larger than life to actually BE larger than life.

If that happened to HBK in his prime, he wouldn't have tweeted, he would've twated and blown a gasket. Snorted coke and run buck naked in the parking lot performing yellow discipline.

The story is silly but the point is valid. Look at the top guys of all time (not including Bret) and they were either larger than life or could play well in middle America.

Punk has a lot to overcome when it comes to his look. We should respect what he has accomplished so far but not expect him to ever be one of the all-time names or a figure that just anyone should recognize. Punk's success has turned in to a couple of title runs and a few in-the-know interviews but not much mainstream attention. He's going to have to work really hard (probably harder than any legend before him) to become a legend.

Stone Cold, HBK, Bret Harts, Chris Benoits, Eddie Guerreros, etc., explain to me how anyone these guys "LOOK" was "larger than life".

I would imagine he travels with which ever Diva he's fucking at the moment, also this story came from the main page, hardly a reliable source
The story came from the Wrestling Observer, and was reposted on the main page.

The whole point of CM Punk is that he isn't larger than life. If your that's your complaint, you're not really getting it.
No, YOU'RE not getting it.

I don't give a flying fuck what the point of CM Punk is, I'm telling you what the problem is. When people look at someone as just a regular person, they don't see him as a superhero, thus, there's no appeal. There's a reason why Brock Lesnar is such a draw in the UFC, because he's a MONSTER of a man, and he has a larger than life personality.

You're the one really not getting it.

Also, it's a WrestleZone report. Come on.
See above.

Oh yeah. It's not like roided up, fake tan muscle guys have ruined the image of pro wrestling is it? Don't be a moron.
Nope, they've been the ones who have made it popular.

Shawn Michaels was only a top guy once, and that was during the worst rating and financial time in WWE history.

Not exactly a point in your favor.

Has the guard been fired yet? I'd do that if I were boss and if the security guard failed to recognize one of my top employees who has been working for seven freaking years.
The guard wasn't a WWE guard, but a MSG guard.

If that happened to HBK in his prime, he wouldn't have tweeted, he would've twated and blown a gasket. Snorted coke and run buck naked in the parking lot performing yellow discipline.
At which point the guard would know he was a pro wrestler and promptly let him in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back