• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk With Short Hair

It's actually not as silly of a concept as it seems. hair can be a lot.

Think about this, a babyface who is small, has longer hair, keeps it over his face and head hung when he's getting beat down, for his comeback, he flips his hair back, exposing his face (and thus his emotions). It's a dramatic effect.

Pro wrestling is a lot about aesthetics. That said, I don't think CM Punk's hair has ever affected his in ring or character performance. He's always done a great job. The hair thing with you and punk is an irrational personal thing. Not a knock on you, everyone has them. I can't stand baggy trashbag pants for whatever reason. I think they fuck up the aesthetics of leg submissions. I've never heard anyone else complain of them so I'm guessing it's my irrational dislike.

one thing related about Punks hair, anyone else notice his moustache near the end there? Kinda "V for Vendetta" huh? Punk has pretty much always been a guy who is GREAT at little subtleties that pull out every aspect of his character. I think his hair style and look has always reflected that.

It's ALL about Aesthetics as TWJC said. I agree with this whole heartedly.

For instance;
Punk as a face. He suited the long hair because he could do the "flip back" with it and he could almost hide behind it when he was being beaten.

Punk during SES - worked. Because it gave the feel of a modern day Jesus...with his disciples, the group themselves. This worked brilliantly.

Punks current look - Since cutting his hair, he looks more credible as a champ. To be honest I liked the message the beard and longer hair conveyed but felt it was difficult to take him seriously. Now he looks like he MEANS business - and the slick back hair actually makes me think of a business man or a politician which in essence is what he is being.

It's all about his gimmick and progression. Only a few stars actually change their look throughout their time in WWE, and the rapid look changes have been great for Punk I feel.

I buy what you're saying. The long hair made him just look like another random ECW, hardcore, tatooed, not give a sh!t kind of guy. The haircut separated him and made him a little more unique.

I 100% agree with what you said because yes with punks hair short it makes him unique and fits in more with his gimmick at the moment. I always hated his long hair and his character at the moment looks much better with the short cut.

Punk has gone through a great evolutionary process over the years.

I wasn't sold on CM Punk until he turned heel on Jeff Hardy. The goody-two-shoes CM Punk that drank no alcohol and was all about good times was one-dimensional and boring. When he turned heel it was like a damn broke and all this potential came flying out.

Finally he could use his no-alcohol lifestyle and turned it into a holier-than-thou routine. Finally his promos were funny.
And his looks evolved with his persona. When he was on that preachy Straight Edge path he looked like Jesus had turned wrestler. And to this day Punk, in my opinion, is the only non-fat guy other than Randy Savage who could pull off the full beard look. (Sorry Morrison and Orton, but you guys just look like you got dirt in your face.)
And then Punk cut his hair short, at first I thought it was a big mistake. A Jesus-preacher-type guy needs long hair and a long beard, damnit! But then he took over Nexus and turned it into some sort of sect or cult. Somewhat similar, yet very different. A bit more focused on wrestling than lifestyle choices, so his looks spoke of a more contemporary mindset. He made it work for a while. But he slowly but surely evolved into a different direction ultimately resulting in the guy we see on TV today.

At this point we have seen long hair, no hair, short hair, no beard, full beard, mustache, chesthair, no chest hair and whatnot and he made (almost) all of those looks work in his favor.

Are you all insane? Judging a wrestler by his looks is the stupidest thing i have ever seen. It doesn't matter if a wrestler has tatoos and long hair/beard if he is good in the ring. Punk is good in the ring, long hair/beard or not it doesn't matter to me.
Of course looks are important. Wrestling is all about presentation. It's a circus. If the clown isn't colorful, the kids won't cheer. And Punk is one who has gone through a plethora of different looks, most of which for a reason.

I buy what you're saying. The long hair made him just look like another random ECW, hardcore, tatooed, not give a sh!t kind of guy. The haircut separated him and made him a little more unique.

You hit the nail on the head. With Punk's long hair he just looked like all of the other rock star look-alikes whereas now he stands out and he looks like Cm Punk. This is a good thing because if he's going to stay at the top he needs his own look, just look at legends from the past.

I liked Punk regardless of hairstyle (Although I wasn't a fan of his big beard), but I do get what everyone is saying. When he had the long hair, I couldn't take him that seriously as a main eventer, but when the hair cut short and the beard trimmed down to the right size Punk was a credible threat to the top guys.

i always thought cm punk was a great wrestler ever sense i saw him on ECW i loved his fued there with john morrison over the ecw title and then when he was on smackdown in the jesus type role with really long hair and a full beard i thought that gimmick was genius for him! hes a great wrestler,1 of the best ever on the mic and right now...easily the best heel in the business right now! hopefully he keeps his momentum going and wins at summerslam other wise....his future looks very dim for the possiblity of him being wwe champion again :disappointed:

Whilst I was always a fan of him with the long hair, I do prefer him with short hair. It was time for a change and it altered his look entirely. I didn't really like it shaved but the way he has it now, slicked back, I think looks fantastic. With the tattoo's he just presents such a rebel look that I think works, it reflects his personality more.

Strangely I also think it improved his promos, not in the sense that his talking became better but being able to see his facial expressions more helped alot, especially with his recent, angry tirades which I don't think would have had quite the same effect without his current rebel look.

To start off, judging a superstar by long hair or short hair? hairy or not? bald or not ? :wtf:
That is really ******ed to me but as for your questions, it didn't change my views on him because I've always liked punk. He's hair styles just changed with his gimmicks, he's still the same guy. Would I stop liking Eminem if he shaved his head bald? No. So to end this comment , you shouldn't judge a wrestler by his looks let alone his hair, it sounds really stupid.

Long haired Punk is my favorite. Anyone remember when he had the blonde hair, shorts, combat boots and eyeliner? Yeah, most of you will say no. On a side note, I'll say he looks more angry than anything with the short hair. Having said that, one of you mentioned recently in a different thread that Vince took his hair, tried to take his name. I just looked at the roster on the website...seems to me that long haired stars is a thing of the past. Most of them have short hair now.

:lmao: Are you all insane? Judging a wrestler by his looks is the stupidest thing i have ever seen. It doesn't matter if a wrestler has tatoos and long hair/beard if he is good in the ring. Punk is good in the ring, long hair/beard or not it doesn't matter to me.

It is only natural to judge someone on their looks initially, which is why you see someone with muscles on muscles who looks the part get a much better reaction on their debut than someone who is a fat mess, like Brodus Clay.

The look of a wrestler can set them apart or make them just one of the crowd. Punk stands out due to his look and makes people sit up and take notice of him even before the match starts.

Personally, I think Punk looked best in his TNA/Indie days when he wore the long shorts and had dyed blonde hair, that was the time I first became aware of him.

ePunk.jpg

CM Punk's haircut only made me miss his old look. It's true that Punk is on an entirely different level than he was when he first debuted on ECW many years ago but his I highly doubt he wouldn't have gotten to where he is now if he didn't get shaved bald.

So no, Punk's haircut did little to nothing to change my view of him. I'm still has big a fan of him now as I ever was. I just miss his old long hair look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back