The People's Party of Moderation

Explain to me how it is not in this case in this situation, without using the false lacking time defense. If you all would have waited for a vote and allowed the voiceless a part in the decision making, you could have had your party exist in the same capacity as it does now, without losing your ideals.

The lacking time point is not false. The ability to add members to your party closes tonight. Perhaps Ba-Bomb could have waited a little longer but to be honest I don't see a huge burst of posters joining up by tonight and therefore we would not be in the top three parties with the most members and not be put foward. If he waited and held a vote there would no doubt come a point in which some but not all party members voted. So do we then discount everybodies votes who did vote because unless everybody has voted it's not the peoples views just some of our views. I mean where is the cut off point? Sometimes as a leader (and not in any hiarchy, more important sense) but as the person who created the party there comes a point where you may have to make a snap decision based on what you feel is right for your people and what ultimately allows us to continue existing in a form that for the time being is best suited.

Anyway I am ok with the choice...be interested in hearing what other Party members feel about it though.

The lacking time point is not false. The ability to add members to your party closes tonight. Perhaps Da-Bomb could have waited a little longer but to be honest I don't see a huge burst of posters joining up by tonight and therefore we would not be in the top three parties with the most members and not be put foward. If he waited and held a vote there would no doubt come a point in which some but not all party members voted. So do we then discount everybodies votes who did vote because unless everybody has voted it's not the peoples views just some of our views. I mean where is the cut off point? Sometimes as a leader (and not in any hiarchy, more important sense) but as the person who created the party there comes a point where you may have to make a snap decision based on what you feel is right for your people and what ultimately allows us to continue existing in a form that for the time being is best suited.

Anyway I am ok with the choice...be interested in hearing what other Party members feel about it though.

How is the lacking time claim not false? After today Sly will be choosing the final three parties based on the amount of people that joined them, it is the last day to add members to make the cut of final parties. He clearly states that new members will still be able to join the existing parties after that and up until the primaries. This gives you all plenty of time to make the decisions. And for those who do not vote for joining the ABC party, leave them be and don't bring them with you as they did not make the choice to join the ABC party an should not be forced into it.

We would not be an existing party though because we would not have had enough members? Time for me to look at the rules again...

How is the lacking time claim not false? After today Sly will be choosing the final three parties based on the amount of people that joined them, it is the last day to add members to make the cut of final parties. He clearly states that new members will still be able to join the existing parties after that and up until the primaries. This gives you all plenty of time to make the decisions. And for those who do not vote for joining the ABC party, leave them be and don't bring them with you as they did not make the choice to join the ABC party an should not be forced into it.

In the next few hours there are going to be other groups desperate to make the cut, these groups are of similer size to the PPM. Surely a more logical solution would be to have attempted to come to an arrangement with one of these groups rather than the biggest group. By doing this the PPM could have made the cut and still maintained at least a 45-50% share of the new group, and therefore would of had a 50/50 chance of having a PPM member put forward? By joining the ABC any chance of this has been eliminated and therefore so has the PPM, there is no group within a group its just the ABC. It was a poor strategic move in my opinion and flies in the face of most of the ideals on which the group was founded.

In the next few hours there are going to be other groups desperate to make the cut, these groups are of similer size to the PPM. Surely a more logical solution would be to have attempted to come to an arrangement with one of these groups rather than the biggest group. By doing this the PPM could have made the cut and still maintained at least a 45-50% share of the new group, and therefore would of had a 50/50 chance of having a PPM member put forward? By joining the ABC any chance of this has been eliminated and therefore so has the PPM, there is no group within a group its just the ABC. It was a poor strategic move in my opinion and flies in the face of most of the ideals on which the group was founded.

I already tried that on behalf of the People's Moderation party with the WZPC party and they never replied. I do agree that this move would have been the most logical but sadly the other side seemed to refuse. Anyway as far as being in the ABC party I am completely fine with it.

You are wrong. We still exist now and yes, I agree the original ABC Party members will probably be favoured over any PPM members but I never joined the PPM to win anything. I joined because I agree with the ideals and views and want to express my opinions by being part of a party who pretty much represent everything I believe. I can still achieve this though our connections with the ABC Party. Also no ideals have been lost or bended by joining the ABC who from what I have read also represent most of what I feel towards the board. The difference is now I am almost certain an ABC member who is well rep'd will get in over any unknown Peoples Party member and if winning something or getting into power was my issue then I would have a problem with that but it's not and I don't. I just want to make my thoughts clear and if that meant doing so on a sinking ship I would have done that and stuck with the PPM nomatter what but I would much rather we exist in some form and therefore allowing our voices to continue being heard. I view this as the start of something not the end...hoping oneday we build up enough members to go it alone as a Party. I like the ABC Party (not as much as the PPM) but they have good morals, ideas and opinions so I personally am pleased it is them we are connected to rather than a Party who have totally different beliefs..just to make up the numbers. I don't think we have gone down that route...it's not as black and white as that.

You are wrong.

I am not wrong. As of now you are officially a ABC party member but you think of yourself as a PPM member. This would be the same if you decided to join the ABC party after you and your group discussed your options, even if this happened after today and your group didn't move all at once. The only difference is that you would have followed the outline of your groups original ideals if Ba-Bomb waited and allowed the little people to be heard.

oops, double post, sorry!

Have the forums been spazzing for anyone else the last couple of days, or is it just me? Freezing up, really slow, etc.,

The Abc party "let" you into their party, meaning you have the privilege of being in their party. They won't let you call any of the shots.

See, here's the part that I don't understand. I guess it's a case of having to stir up or create drama where there is none, as part of this "elitist" nonsense that certain parties have been spewing all week.

No one "let" them into our party, they chose to come due to circumstances, of their own choosing, and we welcomed them aboard as we have anyone who has wanted to join us. There's no "privilege" of being in our party, they chose to join us.

What do you mean "calling the shots?" What shots, and who says that the original members of ABC have any more say than anyone else? As I understand it, anyone can join our group if they want, and any of them can run for the candidacy if they so choose.

Killjoy and the rest of the WFU chose to merge with us. Any or all of them are free to run for mod if they want, they don't need anyone's permission to do so. Same goes for Ba-Bomb's party. He can run if he chooses to, or all 15of them can run if they want. In the end, people will vote as they see fit, someone will win, and that person will move forward into the general election. And hopefully that person, whoever it is, will have the full endorsement of the entire party as we head into the election.

Some people have been taking this WAY too seriously!

oops, double post, sorry!

Have the forums been spazzing for anyone else the last couple of days, or is it just me? Freezing up, really slow, etc.,

Ive had the same problem, with three of my posts coming out in duplicates. Fortunately, Im an elitist, so I can just delete them. ;)

Let me know if you need hekp with that my friend.

See, here's the part that I don't understand. I guess it's a case of having to stir up or create drama where there is none, as part of this "elitist" nonsense that certain parties have been spewing all week.

No one "let" them into our party, they chose to come due to circumstances, of their own choosing, and we welcomed them aboard as we have anyone who has wanted to join us. There's no "privilege" of being in our party, they chose to join us.

What do you mean "calling the shots?" What shots, and who says that the original members of ABC have any more say than anyone else? As I understand it, anyone can join our group if they want, and any of them can run for the candidacy if they so choose.

Killjoy and the rest of the WFU chose to merge with us. Any or all of them are free to run for mod if they want, they don't need anyone's permission to do so. Same goes for Ba-Bomb's party. He can run if he chooses to, or all 15of them can run if they want. In the end, people will vote as they see fit, someone will win, and that person will move forward into the general election. And hopefully that person, whoever it is, will have the full endorsement of the entire party as we head into the election.

Some people have been taking this WAY too seriously!

Calm down calm down i was just trolling him.

And yeah ive had a few problems with the site as well, two bots also spammed up the place earlier.

I believe he makes a double appearance in our sig.

Congratulations Coco, you have successfully proven your inability to recognize CM Punk! Day by day "the monkey" part of your name becomes more and more relevant in describing yourself.

David french would be so proud of you:rolleyes:.

Do you think the voters will respond kindly to you speaking for the late David French? I don't.

I'm not in the mood to argue so I give this victory to Coco.

By the way don't ever associate a GED with me. I'm not a narcissist but I am quite intellectual and posses common sense.

I have no idea how old the other guy is so I assumed you were referring to me.

I have a 4.0 perfect GPA thus far in high school for your information.

Actually I have an advanced regents degree from high school and I am currently in college. As for uncultured swine, I have to disagree. I think the negativity coming from you guys is just sour grapes because we joined ABC instead of your group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back