The ABC Party

hatehabsforever

Staff member
The purpose of this thread is to introduce a new party into the newly announced Wrestlezone Forums Election. I respectfully give you, The ABC Party.

When I first read about the concept of this new Election, I thought it was pretty interesting. Obviously a popularity contest, which is perfectly fine, but an interesting way to select a new moderator, for whichever section he or she chooses, based upon voting from the general population. So I started thinking about who, in my opinion, was a great poster, but over and above that, who would make an excellent mod, because as we all know, satisfying the first point does not necessarily satisfy the second. I came up with a list of approximately 20 regulars, and I contacted them all by PM to see if they were interested. So far, we have seven members, and they are, in no particular order:

hatehabsforever
deanerandterry
Big Sexy
Mustang Sally
Dagger Dias
Little Jerry Lawler
The Rattlesnake

Two guys have said no, three are still contemplating, with another seven or eight who have not responded yet. I'm sure there are lots of other people, and if anyone is interested, feel free to post in here or to PM one of us, to increase our numbers.

The section to be modded would be up to whoever gets selected, if they are fortunate enough to win. All of the people listed could easily do non-spam wrestling, but there are those who may choose sports, video games, spam, whatever they want.

The point here was to assemble a group of posters who post regularly, who are great posters, and most importantly, would be great mods. I wanted a bunch of people in enough numbers to ensure we are one of the three teams picked, then to ensure we could pick one winner amongst our group to go into the election and hopefully do well. The bottom line was to try to find someone who wanted the job and would do it properly. As I said earlier, just because you are a good poster, or are popular, or are funny, doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a good mod. Hopefully either way, someone will get picked who can do as good a job running the forums smoothly as our current guys, rather than someone who will muddy the waters, just for the hell of it.

Either way, should be interesting and fun, good luck to everyone!

The fact that I didn't receive a PM suggests this is Satan's work. The David French Party is staunchly anti-Satan.

I don't know much about Dagger as I don't post in the video game section. You'll have to educate me on why he's so bad.

The guy couldn't take any criticism over his shitty game how do you think he'd react to "mods are nazis" type of bullshit?

JWGunslinger is on board with The ABC Party. Another great non-spam wrestling poster, who is more than capable on the spam side of things as well. Glad to have him with us. Now if only I would hear back from that sig maker, that Australian guy, and that Scottish fellow to add to our team.....

We could use a couple of powerhouses like that :)

Several people have PM'd me asking if I would be a part of their political party for this here election process. Sorry to everyone I may be rejecting by doing this, but I am officially throwing my hat into the ring with the ABC Party...if they'll have me. It's nothing personal against anyone, but ABC happens to have the most non-cluttered, simple thread, as well as being open to all areas of the Wrestlezone forums, rather than limiting themselves to any one area. My qualifications are as follows:

-First and foremost, I'm a long-time wrestling, and Wrestlezone fan. I started my original forum account in 2007, which was somehow "corrupted" and could not be recovered by any of the moderators. After that debacle I started this account immediately to get back into the action.

-I hang around the non-spam wrestling section, most of the time. WWE, TNA, Old School...doesn't matter to me. But I've also loved conversation in the Video Games, Music, Potluck, and Movies & Television sections. I also visit the Spam section and try my best to constantly be contributing to Digital Arts and Graphics (cheap plug...). I would consider making a signature that the entire ABC Party could use during the length of this campaign.

-I don't want to brag about myself or put me over, or anything like that. But one of the prime reasons I want to be a moderator is that I am a writer for the main page. Many here in the forums hate the main page and complain about how terrible they are, but as a long-time fan of both the forums and the Wrestlezone site, I think I could begin to bridge that gap. I'd like to provide people with a realistic perspective of how the main page operates, as well as bring back some insightful thoughts to help us improve our overall content. Because at the end of the day... we are all wrestling fans, and that's why we're here.

Glad to have Gunslinger on board and Mike would also be a good addition.

Also like the opening speech hatehabs. As usual you have focused on what's important and attainable and not made false promises like a lot of other parties.

The guy couldn't take any criticism over his shitty game how do you think he'd react to "mods are nazis" type of bullshit?

Actually for your information I took the criticism for what it was. Ways to improve my game in the future. The things that guys like Doc, Lee, and even Jose' had said were all things I could take as things to improve upon. What set me off was what Mozz said. He was incredibly rude about something I spent many years of my life working on. There's true constructive criticism, "your product needs improvement, here is what sucks and a way to fix it". Then there's being rude with the intention of hurting someone, which is what Mozz did. I lose all respect for him when he did that and once considered him a friend. However bygones can be bygones and I have left that in the past where it belongs. Life goes on and I moved on.

As for being called a nazi if I infract someone? Don't care. If I get chosen to be a moderator then I will simply be doing my job and will kindly explain to them what happened with their warning or infraction. Any hurtful remarks from them afterwards would be ignored or taken up with other members of the staff as necessary.

Also, who's to say I would be doing Video Games? There's also The Potluck, Music, Movies, Cigar Lounge, and all of the Wrestling sections. I post pretty much everywhere and have not yet decided which section I would be running for yet if given the opportunity.

Dagger, quit crying. Jesus.

This is the main reason why you'd be a shit mod. You take two lines of someone saying something mildly negative about you and you spend 3 paragraphs, 8 lines of text, almost trying to prove how emotional you can be over shit that's just not important.

I laid into you the way I did because you don't understand the concept of quality over quantity, and you're trying to sell that pile of shit.

I'd be scraping the bottom of the shit barrel trying to grasp the respect of the guy who made Division Blade.

Glad to be here boys, props to Habs for throwing together an excellent party. We've got a great group of posters so far and I have full confidence that we're going to kick some ass. ;)

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3544090 said:
Dagger, quit crying. Jesus.

This is the main reason why you'd be a shit mod. You take two lines of someone saying something mildly negative about you and you spend 3 paragraphs, 8 lines of text, almost trying to prove how emotional you can be over shit that's just not important.

I laid into you the way I did because you don't understand the concept of quality over quantity, and you're trying to sell that pile of shit.

I'd be scraping the bottom of the shit barrel trying to grasp the respect of the guy who made Division Blade.

I have no insight into anything that went down, but from the past five minutes I've spent reading both of your latest comments, I can see that at the very least one of you has the ability to speak calmly and clearly, while the other enjoys long walks on the beach, ranting and raving, not understanding the motivations of people's words, over-using the word "shit", and being named Mozz. I'll let you have a minute to sort out which is which...

Take your crap somewhere it belongs.

MODERATED BITCHES! :suspic:

Updated List of Members:

hatehabsforever
deanerandterry
Big Sexy
Mustang Sally
Dagger Dias
Little Jerry Lawler
The Rattlesnake
JW Gunslinger
Mike "The Kid" Killam
Hawkeye( Rox)

Rox confirmed his allegiance via PM.

Updated List of Members:

hatehabsforever
deanerandterry
Big Sexy
Mustang Sally
Dagger Dias
Little Jerry Lawler
The Rattlesnake
JW Gunslinger
Mike "The Kid" Killam
Hawkeye( Rox)

Rox confirmed his allegiance via PM.

Welcome on board, Mike "The Kid" Killam and Hawkeye. We have also added Notorious718. These three strong additions bring us up to eleven members, and counting, with several more I am still hoping will join us as well.

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3543959 said:
It's nothing personal against anyone, but ABC happens to have the most non-cluttered, simple thread
Yeah, that's just what WrestleZone needs: A mod who can't navigate clutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back