The People's Party of Moderation

I was actually working on that one yesterday. I was trying to create a "Word Cloud" sig but I couldn't get any of them off of the sites I was using to make them. If there are any suggestions or ideas that any of you think would be a good sig/banner idea, post it in here and I'll see if I can make it, or we could ask one of the highly esteemed sig makers to draft it for us.

I'm not sure what a "word cloud" sig is, but I had an idea in mind. I'll make it later and send it to you in a pm and you can tell me if you like it, or if you want any changes made.

Well if you made your sig it looks like you have a real knack for it, more so than I do so I am sure that you will be able to come up with something awesome. I am excited to see what you come up with.

I want to see discussions in forums, and people's posts not deleted because it might veer off topic a touch. Discussions are fun and can help keep interest in a boring forum.

I want to see discussions happen based on an idea. Just because there is already a "ALL JOHN CENA DISCUSSIONS HERE" thread, I dont want to see my thread get buried because I mention John Cena in it, when the entire thing has nothing to do about John Cena, it just involves him.

I want to see punishment for posters who have this "holier than thou" mentality on here and constantly flame users for their OPINIONS. Calling someone dumb or stupid or just basically trashing them isn't necessary.

I want to see people like Slyfox and D-Man out of position because they feel that they can run these forums to their own discretion and power.

I have stayed away from these boards because of these points. It has gotten to a point where I dont want to come on here because all the fun has gone away. These boards were made to have DISCUSSIONS. Yes, having 20 posts about John Cena is annoying, but if it doesn't really pertain to him then it shouldn't get merged into 1 grouping.

If you can promise me all of these things then you have my vote...but I plan to hear EVERYONE out.

I want to see discussions in forums, and people's posts not deleted because it might veer off topic a touch. Discussions are fun and can help keep interest in a boring forum.

This I can do and will work towards making more lenient with time. Understand that if someone completely derails a topic into something entirely different that has nothing to do with what was being discussed, nothing can be done about that. Discussions need to stay on topic to some degree. But, I will work towards making sure that conversations that naturally evolve to going in other directions as people explore ideas surrounding the topic do not get shut down and that people's posts are not just removed for no reason other than "You mentioned something not completely on topic".

I want to see discussions happen based on an idea. Just because there is already a "ALL JOHN CENA DISCUSSIONS HERE" thread, I dont want to see my thread get buried because I mention John Cena in it, when the entire thing has nothing to do about John Cena, it just involves him.

I could and will do this as well. Again, Understand that there does need to be an element of organization to the different sections(Which I'm sure you do) but I agree completely. Some of this comes down to how you present an idea as well so what would be a good idea, is to run it past me first so I can make sure that it won't get trashed, or tell you how to present it so it doesn't get trashed by someone over my head. In that way I can definitely make sure this comes to fruition.

I want to see punishment for posters who have this "holier than thou" mentality on here and constantly flame users for their OPINIONS. Calling someone dumb or stupid or just basically trashing them isn't necessary.

This is one of my main stances so we see completely eye to eye here. Part of my whole platform is creating an more even playing field and making sure that everyone's ideas and opinions are respected. Debate is always encouraged though as it helps drive discussion as you mentioned you want to see happen more in your first request. It's always good to have people discussing things and comparing ideas or even trying to debate each others points and views, but people also have to know that there is a certain way to do that without being completely disrespectful. the Discipline is a good way to do that and I will bring it swiftly.

I want to see people like Slyfox and D-Man out of position because they feel that they can run these forums to their own discretion and power.

That is completely impossible. We are trying to elect a moderator not a supreme ruler. While people may not always agree with them and their conduct or decisions both D-Man and Slyfox are part of the foundation of WZ and have worked hard to make it the best forum on the net which it is, even with some of it's flaws. You will never get a perfect environment because that is to say that you can just stop people from being assholes without warning altogether and that is just not possible. In my experience that goes very far back, they are both fair but firm.

I have stayed away from these boards because of these points. It has gotten to a point where I dont want to come on here because all the fun has gone away. These boards were made to have DISCUSSIONS. Yes, having 20 posts about John Cena is annoying, but if it doesn't really pertain to him then it shouldn't get merged into 1 grouping.

If you can promise me all of these things then you have my vote...but I plan to hear EVERYONE out.

I can do ALMOST all of that and work towards almost all of that, but the part with D-Man and Slyfox is well beyond the power of anyone else here as they are two of the highest ranking members. I can promise and have, that I will hear everyone out as that is part of my platform. I want to open up the gate to the people and give them better access to the powers that be, acting as one of them in their best interests, aligned with the best interests of the site as well. We would love to have your support but please realize that there must be some degree of compromise and one man can only do so much.

Count me in, you have my support/membership.

Just, y'know, don't expect me to actually do anything.

No Problem, you just did what the party needed you to do. Oh yeah, and vote at some point.

I'm not sure what a "word cloud" sig is, but I had an idea in mind. I'll make it later and send it to you in a pm and you can tell me if you like it, or if you want any changes made.
Word Cloud

6a00e552120087883301543689e02d970c-800wi

I sent a very convincing PM to awesome miz about a possible party annexation at the hands of us. The lad has yet to respond though hopefully he will by morning.

Good work. I think people are getting the idea that this is likely going to be a joint effort on the behalf of the smaller parties. The Peoples Party of Moderation is gaining more stream by the day so we will see if any of that has any bearing on others' decisions.

Update: Party member LegendKiller716 sent me a draft of the first concept for the People's Party of Moderation Official Sig/Banner and based on the concept sig I saw it's going to be AWESOME. Membership may increase just because people want to sport the sig.

Membership Update: Here is the current complete list. There are still some folks who have shown interest but have yet to join and I will leave their names out for privacy reasons. Otherwise this is the group we are looking at for the moment.

Yurnewhero
Da Truth
Karilas
Zrise
Spoodbeest
Global Icon
Cracka Jack
wushady
Mayor Mcleafy
poppycock
MMK
Special FNK
Colamania
LegendKiller716
Ba-Bomb

TheIHwrestling had initially contacted me and decided to join but I believe he has aligned himself elsewhere now. I'd say we have an amazing group so far, every one of them are great members, and we look forward to more of you coming to join our movement of the People, for the People, by the People.

Speaking of this movement and it's intent to be The Voice of the Voiceless. I decided to make a little People's Party of Moderation version of Randy Orton's "Voices" to speak to our cause. I thought at least it was pretty funny. Play the song and sing along.

All your rules and cronyism,
All designed to keep us weak.
But when rules start getting broken,
That's when mods begin to freak.
We have a Voice, and we're not guilty,
We want love, you give us hate.
Well now we've come to drop some knowledge,
And take the power, it's out fate.

I hear parties cryin'
I see lies start flyin'
I can't stand your whinin'
I feel the movement risin'

I hear voices in my thread
they've come to me, like what I've said
they're endorsing me, endorsing me
I make it clear what I will do
They make it clear, they don't like you
They're endorsing me!

All the trolls are now defenseless,
All naysayers are a disease.
Call me preacher, your a sinner,
Now repent, get on your knees.
You're not our judges, you are guilty,
You're not our bosses, you are fired.
You can all bank on your loses,
All your politics are tired.

I see regimes start fallin'
The People's Voice is callin'
Our movement's not stallin'
We've just started balllin'

I hear voices in this thread,
They've heard you out, like me instead
Cause they've talked to me, they've talked to me.
At this point you should know you're screwed,
You should just accept you lose
Then, come talk to me. Talk to me.

The Peoples Elbow, The Peoples Eyebrow, The Peoples Champion, The Peoples Party of Moderation...built by the people for the people.

I look foward to seeing the sig/banner... I was going to make one but now I will wait and see with eager anticipation. So what are some of the Parties promises anyway? Do you have a list of goals.

So instead of letting people know why you should be mod, you're making sigs and writing corny anthems. Right-o, now we just need a sex scandal.

Tonight will be the last night for adding members to your party in order to make the cut. By approximately 24 hours from this post, I will determine the three parties with the most members. So if you have any added members, now is the time to let me know all of them.

Please keep in mind a party can still add members up until the primaries, however, I will be determining the three largest parties which are to go forward in the election tonight.

Looks like tonight might be the last ride. If you really want to compete for that mod spot, now's the time to jump to the ABC Party. With 36 members and counting, you can bet we'll pass tonight's preliminary round.

Actually if you look on the first few pages I was having a conversation with "Screamin Norman Smiley" and covered all of that. I will give you a rundown here though.

At the beginning of this election, top long standing members jump started their campaigns calling all their cronies to come sign up and support them. These were people who basically are apart of a big group of upper echelon members who basically have their way about everything across the boards. These folks are high profile, very vocal, and while there is a sizable group of them they are still just a secular group. The members started flocking to the cause of these top members quickly gaining them numbers in their parties, and as this was occurring some of these folks were going about as though this election was all but theirs, just a matter of time for them to win, and like they were seemingly entitled to a position of power because of their popularity in this small group and long standing status.

I was thinking of joining one of these parties, but as I saw those things I was quickly turned away by the braggadocios demeanor's and sense of entitlement. These folks were gaining numbers from their inner circles basically and claiming that in winning this would prove them to be worthy of taking the moderator position as if it were a true reflection of the majority on the forums. It was very prevalent to me however that this was not the case, and that their winning due to the support of their "boys club" of folks who just wanted to ride on the wagon of the person they thought would win, would in no way be an accurate reflection of the actual populous's voice in the matter but a small group hoisting up one of their beloved with no opposition.

So, I decided that the people should be more accurately represented and started The Peoples Party of Moderation. The idea would be that this party would unite all those who don't stand on top of the hill, who aren't these long standing-high ranking members and often times do not speak up due to the overwhelming influence of that upper tier. This party would represent those who typically do not have a voice in matters of this kind or on the forums. There are far more people who are not apart of that top rung of members, and it was my idea that if we could gather them under one banner to gain a more accurate representation of the forum as a whole, not only would they be in for some real competition, but we could put someone in whose never has and likely would not otherwise have the chance to be in the position of moderator due to the fact that those people go ignored.

It was my vision, to gather and unite the little people, the ones that are generally not taken seriously, are not well respected, and often go ignored and as a whole and put someone in to power that comes from that very group to more accurately represent the people and even the playing field to make sure that everyone is treated the same, that everyone is heard, and that we show this top tier that they are not entitled to anything nor do they have the power they think they wield, that the power lies truly in the people, not a group of super-elites who run roughshod over everyone else with no retaliation. That is my goal, and my promise is to work hard for the people to make the changes they want to see, to be there as an open ear and an eager mind to hear them out and treat each of them with respect and take them seriously. My promise is to bridge the gap between the top and the bottom, hopefully uniting them all together as the one gains respect for the other. my promise is to represent more than my individual interest, to represent the interests of the people, and not just a select group of people, but all of them.

Actually if you look on the first few pages I was having a conversation with "Screamin Norman Smiley" and covered all of that. I will give you a rundown here though.

At the beginning of this election, top long standing members jump started their campaigns calling all their cronies to come sign up and support them. These were people who basically are apart of a big group of upper echelon members who basically have their way about everything across the boards. These folks are high profile, very vocal, and while there is a sizable group of them they are still just a secular group. The members started flocking to the cause of these top members quickly gaining them numbers in their parties, and as this was occurring some of these folks were going about as though this election was all but theirs, just a matter of time for them to win, and like they were seemingly entitled to a position of power because of their popularity in this small group and long standing status.

I was thinking of joining one of these parties, but as I saw those things I was quickly turned away by the braggadocios demeanor's and sense of entitlement. These folks were gaining numbers from their inner circles basically and claiming that in winning this would prove them to be worthy of taking the moderator position as if it were a true reflection of the majority on the forums. It was very prevalent to me however that this was not the case, and that their winning due to the support of their "boys club" of folks who just wanted to ride on the wagon of the person they thought would win, would in no way be an accurate reflection of the actual populous's voice in the matter but a small group hoisting up one of their beloved with no opposition.

So, I decided that the people should be more accurately represented and started The Peoples Party of Moderation. The idea would be that this party would unite all those who don't stand on top of the hill, who aren't these long standing-high ranking members and often times do not speak up due to the overwhelming influence of that upper tier. This party would represent those who typically do not have a voice in matters of this kind or on the forums. There are far more people who are not apart of that top rung of members, and it was my idea that if we could gather them under one banner to gain a more accurate representation of the forum as a whole, not only would they be in for some real competition, but we could put someone in whose never has and likely would not otherwise have the chance to be in the position of moderator due to the fact that those people go ignored.

It was my vision, to gather and unite the little people, the ones that are generally not taken seriously, are not well respected, and often go ignored and as a whole and put someone in to power that comes from that very group to more accurately represent the people and even the playing field to make sure that everyone is treated the same, that everyone is heard, and that we show this top tier that they are not entitled to anything nor do they have the power they think they wield, that the power lies truly in the people, not a group of super-elites who run roughshod over everyone else with no retaliation. That is my goal, and my promise is to work hard for the people to make the changes they want to see, to be there as an open ear and an eager mind to hear them out and treat each of them with respect and take them seriously. My promise is to bridge the gap between the top and the bottom, hopefully uniting them all together as the one gains respect for the other. my promise is to represent more than my individual interest, to represent the interests of the people, and not just a select group of people, but all of them.
OK. I get that. I'm not particularly a well-liked guy around here even though I've been here for 2+ years. Even though this is called a popularity contest, that doesn't mean smaller guys can't speak out. When this started, I tried getting on Coco's party, but realized it was all about him meaning there would be no chance for me to compete. I started my own party and my own infamy cut me down a bit. But when I merged with the ABC, well now we're at a clear way through. The members are not all popular and not all have a reputation. They are there because they meet every day on threads regardless of how long they've been here. After tonight, they all get their chance to be named the party candidate and it won't be because they are smaller.

Yeah, that is pretty much why I joined your party...I fully support your views on all of the above. I just wanted confirmation and your last post makes me want to stay in the Peoples Party seeing as I view myself in the lower tier of posters. Mainly because I have not been a member of this forum for very long. I would like the gap between newer users or those who have not earned some kind of gang mentality respect from the regulars to be closed that little bit more so that everybody is equal to a point. I do think this forum is run pretty well and especially compared to some it doesn't have too many problems as far as hiarachy goes but it does go on and although I have not been victim to such I have seen it happen. I do feel some form of power has to always be in place because anarchy on an internet forum always results in a negative outcome. I hope others join our party before the clock runs out...I will stick with the Peoples Party 'til the end seeing as I like your views and even if it fails I still hold the same views. The only thing I wouldn't mind changing around here is the opinions on what the board sees as spam...as in I have been warned a few times just because I have only written a sentance even though the sentance was perfectly fitting for the thread..I just had no more to offer but felt I wanted to say what little I did...that is not spam.

In an act to ensure the survival of The People's Party of Moderation, I have made the executive decision to stand side by side with The Killjoy and The ABC party going forward. We may still gain members, and we will still stand independently within that party, but with the cuts being made tonight and not having enough members to survive alone, this is the best move to make to see that the mission of this party continues.

So, The People's Party of Moderation lives on, and may still grow. We may still stand together within the ABC party to nominate a candidate(either myself, or someone else the other members deem appropriate that is aligned in our views). I wanted to be able to stand alone, but realistically no one else has either, everyone has absorbed members or merged to form bigger parties. So shall we, and the movement will continue.

On a side note, this also strengthens usl. Joining with the ABC party not only allows us to move forward, but if we stand by our cause and our mission, there are people within that group that may very well rally behind us as well. A lot of them would have joined this party but I couldn't get to them in time before they joined other parties. Essentially, this makes them as much apart of The People's Party of Moderation as anything else. Not only is our survival ensured now, but we basically just gained 20+ members in one shot technically, and helped The ABC party with a significant addition to strengthen that party as well.

In an act to ensure the survival of The People's Party of Moderation, I have made the executive decision to stand side by side with The Killjoy and The ABC party going forward. We may still gain members, and we will still stand independently within that party, but with the cuts being made tonight and not having enough members to survive alone, this is the best move to make to see that the mission of this party continues.

So, The People's Party of Moderation lives on, and may still grow. We may still stand together within the ABC party to nominate a candidate(either myself, or someone else the other members deem appropriate that is aligned in our views). I wanted to be able to stand alone, but realistically no one else has either, everyone has absorbed members or merged to form bigger parties. So shall we, and the movement will continue.

On a side note, this also strengthens usl. Joining with the ABC party not only allows us to move forward, but if we stand by our cause and our mission, there are people within that group that may very well rally behind us as well. A lot of them would have joined this party but I couldn't get to them in time before they joined other parties. Essentially, this makes them as much apart of The People's Party of Moderation as anything else. Not only is our survival ensured now, but we basically just gained 20+ members in one shot technically, and helped The ABC party with a significant addition to strengthen that party as well.

Nick Clegg would be so proud

No, not at all. We still stand. We do not become The ABC party, we are within the ABC party as another entity that was my understanding when we briefly discussed this.

And what happens if none of the people in your peoples party of moderation get put forward as a candidate? Is creating an indie section on the forums one of your main goals??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back