The intelligence of the forum seems to drop by the day

Ok, ya know what? This is probably going to be the end of any respect I've earned around here but so be it. It has to be said.

This entire thread is a giant, steaming load of bullshit. It really is. Some of you guys (and by you guys, I mean the regulars in general) should be ashamed of yourselves. You shit on people for being "barflys" and having low post counts because they primarily post in the spam sections, but you're completely ignoring the fact that... well... most of you are pretty fun, intelligent guys. You're fun to talk to. So you've managed to attract people who just want to come to the Bar Room and hang out with you. They're not strong wrestling posters, they're not here to debate the legacy of Magnum TA with you or anything, they're just here to bullshit with you.

And honestly, what the fuck is wrong with that? Seriously, who the fuck cares what post someone chooses to rep? Is that injuring anyone in anyway whatsoever? No, of course not. No more than it's injuring anyone that there are posters that only post in the Bar Room. The vast majority of everyone reading this post right now spends the majority of their time and makes the majority of their posts in the Bar Room anyway. Most of you guys post in the Wrestling sections too, but you still have a VERY large Bar Room presence, and as I said, that's attracted people that just want to be your friends.

So then we get this bullshit, that the intelligence of the forum is dropping? Why? Because people are trying to be your friends? Fuck you. Ya know? That's just insulting bullshit. Cram that right up your asses.

Sorry for the tone, but honestly. Get over yourselves.

You just earned my respect...

As I consider you a friend, Bad Boy Matt Fox

Look, the bar room's for me, is about making friends. Truth is, I did just that. I formed a whole faction of friends. Doc, Dave, X, 48, Bubba, Matt.... Anyone that was a member of he nWZo.... I considered a friend.... And that's all that matters, from this place.

Dexter..... I'd rep you if I could. remind me, you're getting a big dosage of it

I haven't been here near as long as anyone who's posted here, as far as I know, but i know what sly is talking about. People on this forum, including myself have the tendency to go off on rabbit trails from time to time. There are times when it is to defend their view, as I have seen, but. There have been times when the conversation has completely shifted to something completely random that has nothing to do with the original post, or question that was asked. I think there are some great posters on this forum, or else I wouldn't still be here.

Now this thread as already gone off track as sly said it would, but. It's because people like x are defending there friends backs. There's nothing wrong with that. Least in my book....

Defeding friends and the fact that this is the BAR ROOM... nothing will stay on track here. And as for the rest of the forums, maybe the threads aren't that great, but the hell if they are shit. I enjoy posting out there, I may not do it much, but I enjoy. Sly and those who agree with, are holding themselves on a hell of a lot highter pedastool than everyone else and than they should. They are no more better than me or anyone else on these fucking forums. From Sly to X to IC to Dexter to Brian to Tenta to Me to Becca to RVDGurl to Ty to who the fuck ever, we are no better than anyone else and people need to stop acting like they are. That's why I love X and Tenta, they are two of the best posters on this forum period, but they don't rub it in anyone elses face, that what it seems liek Sly is doing. I'm a better poster than, there for I am better than you and you and your posts are beneath me. It's fucking bullshit. I'm sick of it. Yeah maybe this post is a bit more harsh than my last one and more harsh than it should be, but this is the bar room so fuck it and fuck the idea that anyone is better than me.

Dexter..... I'd rep you if I could. remind me, you're getting a big dosage of it

That's kinda funny, I was pretty convinced I was going to get flamed off the forums for that post and decided it was worth it. ;) Glad some of you guys are down to earth.

Sly's right. I shouldn't have full rep. I'm exactly what he was talking about. I'll admit to it.

I am a big culprit of this right here: I don't post in most threads about wrestling and such because my knowledge, or lack thereof, does not come close to most of the posters here. I read a thread that I feel I can post in and while reading I think to myself, what the hell am I going to say that will add to the discussion? And guess what the answer is, absolutely nothing. I could state my opinion on topics, but what would that accomplish? The very odd time, if there is a topic that know about well I'll post and hopefully someone comes and challenges me, but so far that has only happened once, in the Undertaker vs. Edge Wrestlezone Tournament. If I wanted to, I could post in alot of the wrestling threads, but the majority of them will go unnoticed and ignored.

I love this forum for one big reason, my friends don't watch wrestling, my family doesn't watch wrestling, so I have noone to talk to with about wrestling. I come here to read people's opinions on it. I LOVE that, just reading what people think about a character, a storyline, whatever it may be. If I can contribute, great, if not I am content just reading. The Bar Room is a great place for me too. I love just talking to a different crowd during the day. Alot of stuff that is talked about here, I don't talk about with my friends. I don't have a problem with calling some you "online friends". Hopefully, you guys feel the same way.

Sly's right. I shouldn't have full rep. I'm exactly what he was talking about. I'll admit to it.

People just take rep way too seriously. If you have it, you deserve it because at some point, someone decided what you said was funny, true, well-said, or otherwise worth repping. Doesn't have to mean anything else. No use assigning any more value to it than that.

I don't, I think you just need to stop using big words to cover your ass. Having a large vocabulary doesn't mean you have to use it in conversation, doing so just makes you look like a pompous ass who's trying to cover up his argument with big words.

Any argument I put forth is always well-reasoned and could easily be diagrammed into premises and a conclusion. It would seem like I was a pompous ass if I used words without knowing what they meant, but I do know what they mean. Words are tools, and I always pick the ones that I think would be best to create the argument I am trying to make. So, if you can't understand what I'm saying, that's a you, not a me, problem.

I'd say right about here...."he's a better poster."

So? How is that not an opinion? Are we not allowed to use words of comparison when we state an opinion? Is, for example, "A Snickers bar is better than a Milkyway bar" not allowed to be an opinion? I'm done here, as arguing with you is just flat out LAME.

Ultimately, I feel bad, as this thread has degenerated into just what Slyfox606 predicted it would turn into. What can I say? I'm only human, and I felt the need to speak up for Dave when he wasn't here.

Rep doesn't mean a damn thing really, it's just a way to show people that we agree or disagree with them or like or dislike something they posted. I don't care that I have nearly as much rep as someone who has thousands of posts. It doesn't matter to me. Hell if I get a full red bar oh well, if I have a full one oh well. What I do like about it though, is that it shows I am liked on here, maybe as a person, maybe as a poster or maybe because I say what I want. Whatever it is, these people choose to give me their rep, I never asked for it, but I thank them for it.

You know something.... i found this from Sly a couple of pages ago in the bar room....

Start threads in the Bar Room in a negative manner about other members of the forums. First of all, the majority of the people doing this are dumbasses anyways, and don't have the right to criticize other people. Second of all, it's stupid.

So, I will red rep to death those who start negative threads in the Bar Room about other posters.

.....?

I'm only human, and I felt the need to speak up for Dave when he wasn't here.

.... Look, I'm not going to get into it too much.... It's not going to get us anywhere. But this feeling that you're some hero, or some matyr for Dave... It's really not that well grounded. If you feel I'm condescending, that's your opinion.... But frankly, you're not Dave. And who are you to state what he feels, when he's not even here? Who are you to "save" someone that isn't here, Tdigle? You don't think I like Dave? I love the guy. I love him to pieces. He's always been there for me. No matter what. I'd like to think I've been there for him. I consider him a great friend, and he's said the same thing to me.

So, before you go on this crusade for others, Tdigle... Really, just back away, and try to think if you really believe he'd be offended by that statement. Knowing Dave like I do, I don't think he'd care. So who are you to care for him?

Not going to lie, when I can on to this forum I really didn't think that I would really enjoy it, but it's because of guys like Tenta and X, that I enjoy this forum. Why because they are real with you. Sure they are amazing posters when it comes to the wrestling, but that's not all their about. Sure we could go on for days arguing about the latest wresting news. But, we'd all fucking hate each other. Like Matt said the point of the bar room is to have good conversation as a result we're going to have friendships. Who the hell cares if I rep someone, like it matters. It wasn't to long ago that TM traded all his rep to get someone I can't remember into the nWZO... So why does it matter if I rep them or not....

Any argument I put forth is always well-reasoned and could easily be diagrammed into premises and a conclusion. It would seem like I was a pompous ass if I used words without knowing what they meant, but I do know what they mean. Words are tools, and I always pick the ones that I think would be best to create the argument I am trying to make. So, if you can't understand what I'm saying, that's a you, not a me, problem.

Are you slow? I said having a vocabulary doesn't mean you have to use it. I know exactly what you said, but you just used big words to make what you were saying seem more "important". And it seems your strategy is to use big words to cover your ass, cool. Use you're 'tools' that way, I don't buy it.

So? How is that not an opinion? Are we not allowed to use words of comparison when we state an opinion? Is, for example, "A Snickers bar is better than a Milkyway bar" not allowed to be an opinion? I'm done here, as arguing with you is just flat out LAME.

Its okay, I know I was right too.

Ultimately, I feel bad, as this thread has degenerated into just what Slyfox606 predicted it would turn into. What can I say? I'm only human, and I felt the need to speak up for Dave when he wasn't here.

Beat you too calling that, a few posts ago. Stop trying to be cool like me.

.... Look, I'm not going to get into it too much.... It's not going to get us anywhere. But this feeling that you're some hero, or some matyr for Dave... It's really not that well grounded. If you feel I'm condescending, that's your opinion.... But frankly, you're not Dave. And who are you to state what he feels, when he's not even here? Who are you to "save" someone that isn't here, Tdigle? You don't think I like Dave? I love the guy. I love him to pieces. He's always been there for me. No matter what. I'd like to think I've been there for him. I consider him a great friend, and he's said the same thing to me.

So, before you go on this crusade for others, Tdigle... Really, just back away, and try to think if you really believe he'd be offended by that statement. Knowing Dave like I do, I don't think he'd care. So who are you to care for him?

First off, so long as I am in good standing with these forums, I'll post whatever I want. And, yes, I will continue to express my opinion that what you said was condescending. What puts in you in any position to judge Dave's progress on this site? Did you not say in your original post that becoming good "takes time," and then use Dave as an example? If you hold this opinion, then it must have been the case that you once thought that Dave was not that good.

But, in my opinion, Dave's always been good. Thus, he shouldn't have been used as an example. And, does your being supposedly closer to Dave than I am have any bearing whatsoever on whether or not I have the right to call you out on your comment? No, it doesn't. Dave's an awesome guy, and I know he will come in here tomorrow and say that he had no problem with what you said and that I need to cool down. But, this does nothing to me. I may drop it because I have respect for Dave, but you have provided me with nothing here that changes my opinion on what you said in your first post.

Good posts and threads are completely and totally perspective.
That statement has about as much truth as "no opinions can be wrong"...which is none.

You're posts have dropped immensely in quality
:rolleyes:

How is that? Because people are so used to me being right now, that my ideas are no longer novel and unique, but rather run with the common opinion? Are you saying then that I should post things that I don't believe just so my posts don't drop "immensely in quality"?

I don't care what anyone says, and I very much doubt its you losing your touch; its the fact that everything has been said about almost every topic, there is nothing interesting to debate about, nothing big to actually go at it about. But go ahead, continue to complain about something you cannot change; disinterest in the product.
Disinterest in the product does ZERO to explain why quality threads go to waste, while 7 different posters pester Norcal for how many women he's slept with this week. Don't get me wrong, that's not a shot at Norcal, but you get my point.

Your sideways comment about creating another V.I.P. forum was elitism at its purest. You taking the "best" that you see, and giving them special rights and privileges while lookin' down on the rest.
Elitism? No, it's weeding out the idiocy. It's the same thing that law and medical schools do. You weed out the incompetents and focus instead of the ones who deserve the attention.

You know something.... i found this from Sly a couple of pages ago in the bar room....

.....?
There had been a rash of threads lately where people started threads about other members simply to ridicule them, because it's the Bar Room and the likelihood of discipline is low. So, I felt like I should discourage that.

People just take rep way too seriously. If you have it, you deserve it because at some point, someone decided what you said was funny, true, well-said, or otherwise worth repping. Doesn't have to mean anything else. No use assigning any more value to it than that.

Maybe. But 70% of my rep is from bar room shit posts. I've been here over 2 years. I should be in the thousand post count. But i'm lazy.

First off, so long as I am in good standing with these forums, I'll post whatever I want. And, yes, I will continue to express my opinion that what you said was condescending. What puts in you in any position to judge Dave's progress on this site? Did you not say in your original post that becoming good "takes time," and then use Dave as an example? If you hold this opinion, then it must have been the case that you once thought that Dave was not that good.

But, in my opinion, Dave's always been good. Thus, he shouldn't have been used as an example. And, does your being supposedly closer to Dave than I am have any bearing whatsoever on whether or not I have the right to call you out on your comment? No, it doesn't. Dave's an awesome guy, and I know he will come in here tomorrow and say that he had no problem with what you said and that I need to cool down. But, this does nothing to me. I may drop it because I have respect for Dave, but you have provided me with nothing here that changes my opinion on what you said in your first post.

And that's all well and great.... You can see it that way. What I'm saying is he was great when he began, and has grown into one of the best posters on the site. And that's the level I think that was what Sly was getting at. I don't know. In case you haven't noticed, I've said, on multiple occasions, Dave is better than I am. Did I think he used to be? Honestly, no. Do I think he is now? Yeah, I do. You can take it however you want. But I'm not just going to stand idle and stir up some shit. Any why? Because I said Dave's gotten better?

Honestly, Tdigle.... I really don't get what you're saying here.

Are you slow? I said having a vocabulary doesn't mean you have to use it. I know exactly what you said, but you just used big words to make what you were saying seem more "important". And it seems your strategy is to use big words to cover your ass, cool. Use you're 'tools' that way, I don't buy it.

Ironic that someone who can't spell for shit and who makes no sense half of the time would call me slow. No, I'm not slow. I simply just saw that that portion of your statement had absolutely no merit and decided not to respond to it.

Also, I don't care if you buy what I say or not. You offer me nothing in return (not even a sliver of amusement, except for "theif"), so why should I give a fuck what you have to say?

Its okay, I know I was right too.

Beat you too calling that, a few posts ago. Stop trying to be cool like me.

Lame.

Pretty much correct. I have seen worse forums which make you feel like you are going slowly ******ed day by day. I can name a few for you if you want.

That statement has about as much truth as "no opinions can be wrong"...which is none.

:rolleyes:

How is that? Because people are so used to me being right now, that my ideas are no longer novel and unique, but rather run with the common opinion? Are you saying then that I should post things that I don't believe just so my posts don't drop "immensely in quality"?

Disinterest in the product does ZERO to explain why quality threads go to waste, while 7 different posters pester Norcal for how many women he's slept with this week. Don't get me wrong, that's not a shot at Norcal, but you get my point.

Elitism? No, it's weeding out the idiocy. It's the same thing that law and medical schools do. You weed out the incompetents and focus instead of the ones who deserve the attention.

There had been a rash of threads lately where people started threads about other members simply to ridicule them, because it's the Bar Room and the likelihood of discipline is low. So, I felt like I should discourage that.

Wow and to think I respected you. Idiocy huh? I don't see that, I see the majority of the people posting to the best of their ability and people responding to the best of their ability. Sorry if our pathetic thread and posts aren't up to ridiculously high standards, but you know what... all you said tonight and all that those who agreed with you said tonight, doesn't matter, I'm still gonna respond to those stupid posts and I am still gonna be off the wall here in the bar room, so go ahead start you bette than everyone else club, alienate yourself even more from the common trash that frequents these forums, because these people that you basically said were the scum on your shoe... they/we are the majority, so we must be doing something right. Get over yourself, all that you said is bullshit, lucky I have my waders on. Admin or Mod or whatever you are... you are wrong.:disappointed:

Seriously, Sly, I respect you because you're the boss around here but hey. Get your head out of your own ass, ya know? Relax. Try to have some fun. The rest of us are, and you seem like you're missing it. This is a pretty good place to hang out most of the time, and you're more than welcome to come hang out with us when you get time, ya know.

There's a thread floating about discussing the merits of Texas vs Carolina style BBQ. I'd love to know which you prefer. Maybe you're even a Kansas City guy? Not a fan of the dry rub, sauceless ribs but I know a lot of people prefer them.

The amount of idiocy...in this thread. Oh the laughter. The raucous laughter.

Sly I agree with a lot of what you said, but for this... Cuz I really don't know what you were trying to say...

It's a forum, not a school, sure people can be an idiots. Still they have the right to be one if they choose. You can ignore them, as you do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back