The Greatest Post in the WZ Tournament

Biggest bar room wrestling post ever?
No.
While it's largely irrelevant to the topic I would like to chime in on the language/cultural barrier that Japanese wrestling has, or on the opposite side of the coin the Westernization of the globe and our (USAs)seeming rejection of all things non American. Basically, and as it has been echoed on this very site, many people watch Pro Wrestling solely for the storylines rather than the actual in ring wrestling product, so it would follow that as you can't understand Japanese, -further still, even if you could, Japan doesn't book their product like a poorly thought out and acted day time soap opera- the entire storyline aspect is removed and thus some people's ability to enjoy the product gets removed as well. Were Japanese wrestling to be in perfect American accent English I'm sure it would have a larger following not just here in the States but globally as English is a commonly understood language. Notice I said larger. I still won't say it would equal the audience or revenue of WWE. I'll be the first to admit NJPW AJPW and the like don't make as much money as WWE, but to use that and say they don't produce high quality shows, make a profit, or train talented performers is nonsense. By the by Jushin Liger, in addition to the NJPW dojo, trained in Mexico, England and Stu Hart's dungeon in Canada before taking up the Liger character.
Before WWE ran a monopoly on the business and Vince rewrote wrestling history to how he saw fit, going and working/training in Japan was a huge part of "making it" in the business, as was going to Canada, Europe and Mexico. It was making your mark globally, promoting the sport -and you as a brand- world wide, making money, and gaining the experience neccessary to succeed in the American "big leagues".
Hazard to guess why the new guys pumped out of FCW these days are the drizzling shits when they hit WWE TV? It because they are all greener than grass, can't think more than one move ahead, and have no concept of ring psychology. Perhaps if they honed their craft in different markets both here and abroad and learned how the business works not just in the "big league" but in general they'd have the understanding of how to sell tickets by working a match, working a crowd, and maybe even working a mic.

Look, the point is, to say that Japan or the wrestlers they produce are some how the minor leagues is rather uninformed, and somewhat jingoistic. The real basics of the argument have a lot to do with stereo typing Asian cultures, Asian people, -Asian men specifically-, and non English speakers as well. As I said while these matters are largely irrelevant to the topic of who votes for who in a wrestling tourney, it has to be address in some capacity, as it seems at least to a small degree, to be the basis for people's opinions, beliefs, and arguments in said tourney.

ILY :blush:

pretty much when you get to the bottom of the Liger arguments, dispel all of the myths and wade threw the bullshit, the best arguments for Liger are a 5'7" man kicking Lesnar in the shins, and roll up.

when it comes down to that, it's quite simple.

I honestly do not know much about Liger, but that post right there was enough to persuade me. If someone can have an excellent reply I might vote for Brock, but I highly doubt it.

Shocky's bud. 48/7 needs to shut the fuck up right about now.

It's a shame that people are using their dislike fo 48/7 as a reason to not vote for Lesnar. 48/7 is at least in there going at it with some very respectibale posters on the forums. He might have flawed reasoning, but at least he's not sitting on his hands.

However, I have come down from my ivory tower and am ready to smash heads in there.

It's a shame that people are using their dislike fo 48/7 as a reason to not vote for Lesnar. 48/7 is at least in there going at it with some very respectibale posters on the forums. He might have flawed reasoning, but at least he's not sitting on his hands.

However, I have come down from my ivory tower and am ready to smash heads in there.

*insert jaws themesong heading twards the liger fans*

I can't even find the thread T_T

Please do. Since Goldberg has been eliminated I am backing Brock as my number 2. I like 48/7 but theres no way hes going to combat the Ligerbomb argument. Me... I could try, but i'd likely get my ass handed to me.

pretty much when you get to the bottom of the Liger arguments, dispel all of the myths and wade threw the bullshit, the best arguments for Liger are a 5'7" man kicking Lesnar in the shins, and roll up.

when it comes down to that, it's quite simple.

*insert jaws themesong heading twards the liger fans*

I can't even find the thread T_T

Please do. Since Goldberg has been eliminated I am backing Brock as my number 2. I like 48/7 but theres no way hes going to combat the Ligerbomb argument. Me... I could try, but i'd likely get my ass handed to me.

Team Lesnar, it is time to strike, you are the resistance, go now!

Yeah, I've more than done my fair share in that thread. I've already batted down everything that has come my way. LigerBomb was the icing on the cake that me, Slyfox, Milenko, and Baby-Fark built. He took it home for us, and there's no reason to vote for Lesnar, unless you're a mark for the man, pure and simple (Slyfox already said this, so credit goes to him).

Wow, so we're calling people marks on a wrestling forum... sucks that marking out is not cool I guess.

It isn't Shocky. Cool people know when they're supposed to mark out but they don't. They don't mark out ever. Actually, I need to rephrase that. They're not people. They're computers disguised as wrestling fans.

to bad I pretty much debunked their entire argument.

Again, resorting to name calling and belittling people, good deal.

Wow, so we're calling people marks on a wrestling forum... sucks that marking out is not cool I guess.

to bad I pretty much debunked their entire argument.

Again, resorting to name calling and belittling people, good deal.

Red Herring must be your middle name today. Nothing is wrong with being a mark, unless it precludes you from looking at the reasons people put forth. In The Fast And The Furious, Brian O'Conner was an undeniable mark for Dominic Torretto...he probably could have saved his job if he had not of been.

Also, I have never resorted to name calling. You, on the other hand, have resorted to taking an argument about NJPW's revenue and profit and making it seem like those who argue that it makes money are anti-WWE, which is far from the truth. Also, really? Resorting to putting up buyrates for Lesnar's UFC fights in the thread? You would be a great politician.

I'm still waiting on an explanation for how Liger kicks out after Lesnar catches him and F5s him to hell.

Have we not already explained this? Name me one wrestler on Liger's athletic caliber who was smart enough to avoid going to the ropes when Lesnar was standing.

I've already explained in the thread that this would be a long, drawn-out match that would probably be boring to most spectators. You want to know what Liger's strategy would be like? Look at the match between Akira Maeda and Andre The Giant. I'll probably have to post the video, won't I?

Also, I have never resorted to name calling. You, on the other hand, have resorted to taking an argument about NJPW's revenue and profit and making it seem like those who argue that it makes money are anti-WWE, which is far from the truth. Also, really? Resorting to putting up buyrates for Lesnar's UFC fights in the thread? You would be a great politician.

Really, I thought I went anti WWE on that one and said that different strokes were for different folks. I actually tried to look stuff up for NJPW and wanted someone to give me financial numbers for them, because I thought they weren't publically traded. I tried to make an argument for NJPW, but didn't have the resources.

And yes, posting Lesnar's numbers are relevant, because out of what, 12 UFC pay per views that year, it just so happened that 3 of the top 5 or so featured Brock Lesnar, and he was named by yahoo as the bigggest pay per view draw of 2008. Again, the drawing and numbers argument was brought up buy someone on your side.

If you don't go for the whole kayfabe thing, I think there's a very good reason to vote Liger. Unfortunately, the tournament is very clearly designed to take place in kayfabe. In that case, it's a very clear win for Lesnar. A lot of people may be willing to abandon the way they've been arguing and voting the entire tournament just so they can justify voting Liger. Still, I'm glad to see that the Liger camp isn't taking it lying down though.

Edit: I'm in no way implying Liger could beat Lesnar in a shoot competition. Re-read that.

Have we not already explained this? Name me one wrestler on Liger's athletic caliber who was smart enough to avoid going to the ropes when Lesnar was standing.

I've already explained in the thread that this would be a long, drawn-out match that would probably be boring to most spectators. You want to know what Liger's strategy would be like? Look at the match between Akira Maeda and Andre The Giant. I'll probably have to post the video, won't I?

No you won't because the ropes aren't needed. One mistake is all this is going to take. Liger is great for sure but he isn't perfect. Brock hits him once and this is over. Lesnar isn't Goldberg. He's not going to charge in and let Liger run circles around him.

Again, waht cruiserweight, ever has been able to out run brock lesnar. The guy isn't going to wear down. Liger is good, but at 5'7, 200 lbs, he is simply outmatched by Lesnar.

I love Liger as a fan, and there are about 15 guys this round I would vote him past, but he's outmatched here, plain and simple. Lesnar isn't going to win this whole thing, because he's getting to the guys that can take him down, but LIger isn't one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back