The Final Poll

Who Should Be The Next Mod?

• The Crock

• Dagger Dias

• Coco The Monkey

Results are only viewable after voting.
If this was the British voting system a coalition would be in place.

More voted AGAINST Dagger than for.

It's a runoff.

Umm, what? Dagger got over 50%. Doesn't take a genius to be able to figure out Dagger got more votes FOR him than the total number of votes cast against him. 133 votes for beats 127 votes against.

I'm pretty sure Coco actually did. Should I make a paypal or PM you my address?

There's absolutely no way that anyone, including Coco, could have predicted that 260 people would vote in the election, and that Dagger would capture over half of their votes. No one could have guessed that Crock, an excellent candidate, would get 52 votes (an impressive total) and would come a distant third. And that Dagger would almost double Coco's tally in a popularity based election.

I thought 60 votes would have been more than enough to win the election. Turns out, that would only have been enough for third place.

There's absolutely no way that anyone, including Coco, could have predicted that 260 people would vote in the election, and that Dagger would capture over half of their votes. No one could have guessed that Crock, an excellent candidate, would get 52 votes (an impressive total) and would come a distant third. And that Dagger would almost double Coco's tally in a popularity based election.

I thought 60 votes would have been more than enough to win the election. Turns out, that would only have been enough for third place.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=199433

He didn't predict the exact numbers but he did predict what happened.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=199433

He didn't predict the exact numbers but he did predict what happened.

That's somewhat true, I do remember reading the prediction he made that you refer to.

All I am saying is that no one could have anticipated what the final numbers turned out to be. Not Coco. Not Dagger. No one. Way more voters than expected, and a far more definitive victory than anyone could have seen coming.

Plus, Coco talks of a Dagger victory due to the ABC Party herding numbers so effectively. But the simple fact of the matter is, as much as I hate to admit it, at the end of the day, the ABC Party was a non-factor and had little to do with Dagger's success. The ABC Party possibly helped get him to the election, but had very little to do with him winning it. He should get the credit for that himself. There should be no talk of a cheap victory for Dagger due to the ABC Party.

That's somewhat true, I do remember reading the prediction he made that you refer to.

All I am saying is that no one could have anticipated what the final numbers turned out to be. Not Coco. Not Dagger. No one. Way more voters than expected, and a far more definitive victory than anyone could have seen coming.

Plus, Coco talks of a Dagger victory due to the ABC Party herding numbers so effectively. But the simple fact of the matter is, as much as I hate to admit it, at the end of the day, the ABC Party was a non-factor and had little to do with Dagger's success. The ABC Party possibly helped get him to the election, but had very little to do with him winning it. He should get the credit for that himself. There should be no talk of a cheap victory for Dagger due to the ABC Party.

So you are going to act as if the members of the ABC party pming newer posters new members had little to do with it (and do not deny it as I am only stating this because it was admitted)? That is why the numbers in the election are as high as they are. And before you say Dagger did the bulk of the work and deserves most of the credit again stop, because I already know that. The reason Cocos prediction was right on the target was because Dagger (a member of ABC) herded the sheep just as he said your party had been doing, and worked as hard as he did because he cared the most. I am not even saying this to condemn it, I am just stating the facts. The outcome was predicted and I don't see any reason that you would possibly try to act as if this wasn't the case.

So you are going to act as if the members of the ABC party pming newer posters new members had little to do with it (and do not deny it as I am only stating this because it was admitted)? That is why the numbers in the election are as high as they are. And before you say Dagger did the bulk of the work and deserves most of the credit again stop, because I already know that. The reason Cocos prediction was right on the target was because Dagger (a member of ABC) herded the sheep just as he said your party had been doing, and worked as hard as he did because he cared the most. I am not even saying this to condemn it, I am just stating the facts. The outcome was predicted and I don't see any reason that you would possibly try to act as if this wasn't the case.

Obviously I am not going to deny the significance of the PM'ing of newer members, as you said, that fact has been established and admitted to. I have no idea how many members of the ABC Party were involved in that. I can honestly say that I had absolutely of part in any of that whatsoever. I offered rep to no one (and despite numerous suggestions and accusations that Dagger did, no one has yet to show me a PM sent by Dagger whereby he offered anyone any rep for voting for him, and even if he did, that was within the rules, but I digress). I sent one PM during the election looking for a vote for Dagger, and that was to a member of the ABC Party who had been supporting Dagger but was in the process of changing his mind, that being Killam. I PM'd him asking him to reconsider, and I PM'd no one else. We know Dagger and Paralyzer Z were active in the PM strategy, but I have no idea who else, if anyone, in the ABC Party was involved in that.

Maybe it's simply a question of semantics. I have absolutely no problem with the strategy Dagger used to win this thing. But I'm not so quick to attribute this "sheep herding" to the ABC Party. And sure, the numbers are clearly elevated because of it. All I am saying regarding this is simply that I was unaware it was going on until the strategy was in full force. If you had told me last weekend that over 250 people were going to vote in this election, I would have thought you were crazy.

Holy hell, is that a SNS post that is almost serious?

Obviously I am not going to deny the significance of the PM'ing of newer members, as you said, that fact has been established and admitted to.
I keep getting the feeling people feel PM'ing new members was something that should have been kept hush-hush. Almost like you feel guilty for doing it (you in the figurative sense, not specifically related to hatehabs).

If you had told me last weekend that over 250 people were going to vote in this election, I would have thought you were crazy.

I think that one of the main reasons for the turnout throughout the elections was its timing. The year-end period is a bit of lean period for the wrestling anyway. If the same election had been held in March-April, probably less than 100 people would have voted.

If you had told me last weekend that over 250 people were going to vote in this election, I would have thought you were crazy.
When I came up with the idea for the election, I was hoping for 100 votes.

Then we had nearly 100 people in political parties, so I was quite pleased with the turnout already. But 250 is a great number, for a variety of reasons.

Here is a little story of +1 vote went to Dagger Dias.

As Nick mentioned, I am one of the 99%. I live here in Minnesota and hardly ever know what's happening in Washington DC. When I try to find out, by checking spam friendly sections, it's generally trash talk, even in serious issues, so I keep my head down and continue my posts at non-spam sections. I'm happy, the guys at Washington DC are happy, everyone is happy...

But one day, a guy comes in to town, called Dagger Dias, and talks about an election going on, and asks for my vote. Not pushing, not throwing dirt to anyone, just telling me there is an election going on and if I can vote. I don't have an idea about his posting abilities comparing to others, I don't know if he actually fits the job, I hardly even know what moderators do in Washington DC. But he is the only one came to town and asked for my vote. And there goes +1...

Well, most of you would have known each candidate, their abilities/weaknesses etc but I don't, so the reasons for my vote would not be well-thought like yours, but they all count one, and I didn't make the rules. And that's why I think arguing about who fits the job better would be pointless in an election. It's the ability to get a vote.

Just wanted to share my short story

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back