The best Tagteam in Sports entertainment Ever!

The Champ is here

Dark Match Winner
-WHY SO SERIOUS-

Okay, this is going to strike a heated debate but.......Who do you think are the best tagteam in the history of sports entertainment? Only tell one or maybe Two of the best tagteams. Please give detail!

The tagteam can be Present or past. The tagteam can be from any major company....preferbaly WWE but doesn't really matter.

In case any of us younger guys forget about tagteams in 1970's or 1980's WE'RE SORRY! :)

Damn, best tagteam well.....alot of greats come to mind but I’m going to say John Cena and Batista....Psych!!!! LOL
-SERIOUSLY THOU- I would say the Dudley Boyz -Bubba Ray and Dvon- These two performed for ECW, WCW, WWE and TNA. They won countless tagteam championship belts and evoultionanized of what sport entertainment does with Tables.
They were great as Heels, twenners but a natural as faces. They were easy to cheer and easy to boo. Alot of their moves were replicas of past tagteams but the dudley boyz were so talented they modifyed past generation moves and made it as their own signatuare. They can perform well in the ring with rookies and veterans. The dudley Boyz could work a crowd and get them heavily involved in which sometimes the mainevent guys couldn't do. These guys generally just have fun because they’re such REAL characters

I believe as all-around wreslter, mic skills, crowd control, chemistry together, and energy the Dudley Boyz are definite and definably stand out the most to me as a tagteam and dare should I say are the best tag-team of all-time.

Lets Keep the same theme of Who do you think is the best Tagteam in Sports entertainment ever, now lets add main event superstars to this heated debate such as Sport Entertainer superstars John Cena and Batista.
John Cena and Batista have been a tagteam and Tagteam Champions however, their reign only lasted a week...and roughly after Wrestlemania 20 these two men were the Face and the first name we all thought of when referring to the biggest attraction on Raw and Smackdown. Now that Cena and Batista (and superstars like them, such as former tagteam champions of Shawn Michaels and Stonecold Steve Austin) are in the record books..... would any of these main event sports entertainment superstars even be considered as one of the best sports Entertainment tagteam champions ever?

I'am very interested of seeing what you guys will post!!!!:)

Best Tag Team ever? Anyone who doesn't say the Road Warriors is delusional. The Road Warriors were the most dominant team ever, and won Tag Team titles in multiple promotions. They held the All Japan titles, AWA titles, NWA titles (World, National & International versions), WWF titles, NJPW titles, were PWI's tag team of the year 4 times, and were the inspiration for the WWF tag team Demolition. Seriously, Animal and Hawk, whether you call them the Road Warriors or the Legion of Doom, were by far, the greatest tag team of all time.

My vote would also go to the Dudleys.

WWE, WWE World, WCW, ECW, NWA and TNA titles speaks for itself. Honourable mentions go to Edge and Christian and the Hardys. When they had their TLC matches, that really was the golden age for the tag division.

I was always partial to the Midnight Express and Rock n" Roll Express when I was a kid growing up. Those teams had an awesome feud back then and it really go me into wrestling. Of course the Road Warriors were great too, I loved it when they came out to Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" when they were in NWA.

To me, it's the Hardy Boyz. The metamorphosis from preferred jobber team to world-class tag team was a joy to behold. They just worked so fluently together in the ring. I was never a big fan of E&C or the Dudleys though...dunno why.

Lets not forget the team that pretty much made the teams such as the Hardyz, E&C and The Dudleys possible; The Rockers. I've made a couple of posts regarding them recently. These guys were a great tag team. They came into the WWE and were a nice breathe of fresh air. Teams before them were also great however, their style was different. They were one of the first teams to actually work as a team; to synchronise moves and to take advantage of the short time 2 people were allowed in the ring between a tag.

They're not the best team ever, in my opinion that would go to the Dudleyz, but I think when speaking about any of the teams after them, they have to be credited for having a big part in it.

Im not quite sure what you mean by best, if we are talking about a team that could win the titles anytime they wanted to, then I would say Brothers of Destruction, whether they count as a proper tag team (they have a name at least) is another debate, because they spent more time apart than they did as a proper team.

If we are talking about my personal favorite then I would go with Edge and Christian, who I loved, from the 5 second poses to the insane awesomeness of them - I really enjoyed them, and being a young fan, they are my personal favorite.

In terms of - Who leaves the biggest legacy in the business, it HAS to be the Dudleys, with an extremely close second being given to LoD, The Dudleys just make everything they do as a team look perfect, and things they do on their own look wrong, they are completely dependant on each other, and that is what makes them such a great team, all the titles they have won are because of both of them, there is no alpha male leader with some little guy beneath them, the focus is on both men, more people know the Dudleys as a name as opposed to them as individuals (I dont even know what theyre called in TNA - Bubba and DeVon still?).

The same all applies to LoD, it is hard to imagine one without the other, it just seemed to work.

The Briscoes, only real current tag-team in the country, followed by MCMG, then LAX

Briscoes are still in there low 20's have been decorated throughout the world, no one is better then them

I think the Dudleyz and the Hardyz are the best ever. I never really liked LOD.

teams that i think make a good run for their title are Edge and Christian as well as Sabu and RVD. But the best Tag team right now is MCMG. They work so well together and its a shame TNA has no one that can go toe to toe with their speed now that the World X Cup is over

True tag team wrestling is just a myth now, which is disappointing for a die hard wrestling fan such as myself. There WERE a number of great teams in the 80's and 90's that I can remember. The one's that stand out the most were the Hart Foundation, Road Warriors, Hardy's, Edge and Christian, Dudley's, and Steiners. It's a tough call for me as I was a huge fan all of these teams. The rivalry between E&C, the Hardy's and Dudley's produced some of the best, most innovative, dangerous matches ever! TLC!!! Need I say more? Those matches propelled those teams to another level of respect amongst fans and their peers but in terms of a team that dominated decades and won titles everywhere it's gotta be LOD. Those guys had a great gimmick, they had a great look and beat people up. So for me Hawk and Animal take the cake. AWWWW WHAT A RUUUSSHH!

Gag me with these responses. I'm sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but wrestling did exist before this Century started. The Hardys, Dudleyz, Rockers, blah blah blah, the Briscoes, seriously, the carnival tent act?

I can name off at least a dozen teams that bury each and everyone of those teams, but instead of name dropping, I am going to shamelessly ****e out for Demolition. The team tat took what the Road Warriors started off as, and turned it up to a completely different level and became their own entity.

The three time tag team champions that have held the WWF tag Team Titles in one reign longer then any team in history, which is a record that is going to stand forever due to the WWE's inability to create good tag team wrestling.

Demolition had it all, charisma, look, good matches, and great chemistry in the ring with each other, and with other teams as well. They were strong beat em up guys, but not big enough to be a complete under dog to a team like Andre or Haku. Demolition held the belts when they meant something, wrestled every major team to come in through the WWF back in the day, and were still the most over team of the bunch.

Ax and Smash > You're favorite tag team.

Shockey, I hope you run the Tag Team Tourney again, so I can back my team. But trust me-

My Favorite Tag Team > Your Favorite Tag Team

11.jpg

AND

leonwhite.jpg

Former IWGP World Tag Team Champions, had they not been forced to separate promotions and had Vader's IWGP destiny not been as a 3-time World Champion, then this tag team would have owned all. The two best, most dominant Superheavyweights in the history of Professional Wrestling, in their absolute element in New Japan Pro.

The Steiners got lucky against them. It should have been Bigelow and Vader vs Tony Halme and Scott Norton. Would have been my favorite match EVER.

It seems like alot of people hear either have really short memeroies or are really young. The Duddleys, Hardyz, E & C, ect are all great tag teams but they are not the best ever, IMO. All 3 teams have won titles and had great match but people forget about great tag teams that can rival or beat them. Teams like the Hart Foundation, Demolition, Road Warriors, Steiners are all great teams and were big when tag team wrestling was very competitive and big.

That's a good point, Mysterio fan...The Road Warriors dominated the Tag Team scene when Tag Teams actually meant something. I see the Hardyz votes, and Edge and Christian, etc...modern teams, that wrestle in an age where Tag Teams are simply irrelevant. Nobody cares about the Tag Team titles anymore. Back in 80s, the Tag Team titles were almost as prestigious as the Heavyweight titles.

I can't believe no one has said this yet! Clearly the best tag team in all of Christendom has got to be the best pairing to ever be made in sports entertainment........

.....Of course i speak of........ HEAD CHEESE!!!!!

Seriously though, in terms of long standing legacy, my pick would probably have to go to LOD for winning so many titles in so many high profile promotions. Shocky you may say that Demolition are the best for starting out like LOD and changing things to become unique, but i think most people are going to disagree with that statement and just consider them LOD knockoffs. (i didn't watch wwe back then so i can't comment)

The Dudleys? Ok, ECW made them their best tag team. WWE signed them, had them use tables a lot to get them over real quick. Became tag champs there. Correct me if i'm wrong, but they never actually competed in WCW so their WCW tag reign to me, is just another WWE reign, and TNA just push former WWE talent based on that fact.
To me, it's not the same as the territory days like LODs days where several separate promotions pushed them, and the ratings weren't really a factor back then.
If Paul Heyman hadn't pushed the Dudleys in ECW throughout the 90's, and the WWE hadn't signed them just to win fans from WCW and ECW, and again if TNA hadn't signed them, just because they were former WWE guys and because of their name, they wouldn't be coming up in this debate imo. I love the Dudleys, but that's still my view

I was always a fan of the New Age Outlaws personally, anyone else?

Just to respond to something Shocky said - Yes we are entitled to our own opinion, but can I also point out, how can you expect anyone to be fond of a tag team that existed before they were alive? Even if they have a basic grasp of old wrestling (I have a good-average knowledge) you can't experience it as much if you aren't watching it in the moment, which is one of the reasons people watch wrestling.

This is an opinion thread, which means that we are posting from our point of view, so to suggest that our opinions are worth any less than yours due to our less periphreal knowledge of something that happened before I was even alive is rather unfair.

I could challenge your opinion by saying I had hardly even heard of "Ax and Smash", by anything more than they were part of Demolition, surely the best of all time would be remembered, or at least still be completely relevant today. But of course, I dont agree with what I just said (this paragraph) because your personal opinions sees them to be the best ever, which I wont argue with.

I'm gonna take a different approach if I may. I'm gonna talk about 2 superstars who merged together and formed a great tag team. There are 2 that come to mind for me. The Mega Powers (Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage) and the Brothers of Destruction (Undertaker and Kane).

When Hogan and Savage teamed together it was HUGE. The two biggest superstars and biggest faces in the WWF joined forces and created a hugely popular and a great and exciting tag team. Everyone loved it and when they broke up, it was also huge. Fans taking sides, the heated fights and promos and the matches were awesome. Maybe the greatest tag team ever, but a very successful one in terms of hype and storyline.

The Brothers of Destruction were legitimately a team to fear. You have two guys over 6'10 and 300 pounds and they are instantly in contention for the belts. It was believable and they fit together so great. It also didn't take away from their main event status, it just added to it. It just worked all around. It's kind of like The Mega Powers situation in that both wrestlers feueded with each other, teamed up, and feuded with eaech other again.

Again, these may not be the greatest tag teams ever, but for hype and storyline they have to be near the top.

For traditional tag teams I would consider LOD, Dudleys, The Rockers, Hardys, Edge and Christian, Demolition, Hart Foundation, and some others.

Honestly, if your going to be talking about the best tag teams in history, you have to mention teams like the Rockers, the Hart Foundation, Axe and Smash, LOD, the Dudleys, the Steiners, E and C, and the Hardyz.
I really consider Hogan/Macho as a kind-of Batista/Cena of that period of time or a Mankind/SCSA.

If im gonna talk about the best tag team though, my team is the Hart Foundation.

-Why So Serious-

Finally......SOMEONE HAS BROUGHT THIS UP! lol

Now that we talked about the legendary tagteams and most respectful tagteams of damn near all-time such as.....The Rockers, L.O.D. Tony atlas and Rocky Johnson, Brisco Bros., Hardys, Demolition, Dudley Boyz and the list goes on and on......

Lets Keep the same theme of Who do you think is the best Tagteam in Sports entertainment ever, now lets add main event superstars to this heated debate such as Sport Entertainer superstars John Cena and Batista.
John Cena and Batista have been a tagteam and Tagteam Champions however, their reign only lasted a week...and roughly after Wrestlemania 20 these two men were the Face and the first name we all thought of when referring to the biggest attraction on Raw and Smackdown. Now that Cena and Batista (and superstars like them, such as former tagteam champions of Shawn Michaels and Stonecold Steve Austin) are in the record books..... would any of these main event sports entertainment superstars even be considered as one of the best sports Entertainment tagteam champions ever?

If this was the case Teams and stables like DX, NWO, and Four Horseman would all be accounted for.

In my view, -if this scenario was appropriate- i would say D-generation-X because Shawn Michaels and Triple H separately have fought damn near every main event big name person in Sport Entertainment period. But when they are together as DX the level of comedy and excitement they give to the audience not to mention the merchandise apparel and their ability to back up everything they say in the ring at a outstanding performance level, DX has to be a "Good-Hand" in the poll of who is the best tagteam ever. In addition DX's winning percentage is very high only losing maybe 5 matches ever. Maybe......But then again Shawn Michaels and Triple H together have never won a Tagteam Championship. So maybe they are not the best?

Remember please give detail :)

Ill start off by saying that I didnt watch much wrestling before 1987 and I didnt start watching WCW until 92 or 93 so Im gonna leave off teams from the WCW/NWA before that time and all teams before 87. With that said the best tag team I saw from that period on was the Hart Foundation. They may not have the credentials of say the Dudley Boyz or Edge and Christian as far as world title reigns but they did win it twice when the tag title still really meant something. They were one of the few teams that truely employed two contrasting style wrestlers. You had the power in Neidhart and the speed and technical ability of Bret Hart. Most teams have two similar wrestlers but not the Hart Foundation. I thought that was great and really helped sell them as a team. They had several different moves that utilized both of their strengths including their finisher. They also were a team that wrestled as both faces and heels and were good at both of them so they had the versatility. So when you put it all together they are the best team that I personally have watched.

How could anybody not count the Outsiders? best ever, no, but one of the most dominate around. they beat and could beat pretty much any team thrown at them.

I think we need to come up with what exactly determines Best Tag Team ever. Is it number of titles? How many promotions they won in? how much impact they had on the tag team division? etc.

Well in my opinion the greatest tag team ever would have to be the Brain Busters. The team of Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, and a part of the original stable the 4 Horsemen.

I think that the only teams that can compete with the brain busters for the top spot would be LOD, or the hart foundation..

However the best current Tag team would have to be Jay and Mark Briscoe.

I'm shocked that nobody has brought up the British Bulldogs yet. Davey Boy Smith and the Dynamite Kid won two NWA sanctioned Tag Titles in Calgary with Stu Hart's Stampede Wrestling as well as a WWF title. The WWF title reign was tied for the 4th longest of all time at 294 days. IMO, they were the greatest face team of all time.

That being said, the Bulldogs never would have been half the team they were if they didn't have a strong heel team to compete against...the obvious choice for that is The Hart Foundation. Their two WWF tag title reigns lasted 483 days total (3rd all-time), split in to 274 (7th all-time) and 209 (15th all-time). The Harts were the most versatile team mentioned, with one reign as a heel and one as a face. Much like Hart's whole career, the Foundation put over numerous other teams--The Killer Bees, Fabulous Rougeaus, Can-Am Connection, The Rockers, and Strike Force during their time together.

My rankings go:
1: Hart Foundation
1A: British Bulldogs

Honorable Mention to the Steiners and Quebecers. The 1993 feud between these two teams was one of my favorites of the era.

Im sorry if i sound like a sterio type here but ide have to say the hardys theyve innovated the ladder match nd also the tlc...theyve held the tag titles countless times plus tyhey never leave you in a bore when you watch them, they always leave you intrested and excited ya know...

Runners up "in my opinion"
1.Rockers
2.E & C
3.Too Cool (sorry i always liked these guys lol)

The Hardy boys innovated the ladder match? Tell that to the numerous ladder matches that went on well before the Hardys ever stepped foot in the ring. The first (known) ladder match was held in 1972, in Stampede Wrestling, and Bret Hart brought the idea to Vince McMahon and the WWF. By the time the Hardys had their first ladder match in the WWF/E, there had already been seven ladder matches that decided a championship of some sort, and another that decided "ownership" of the WWF. If anyone gets credit for innovating ladder matches, within the WWF/E, it would have to be Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon. Each was involved in 3 of the first 4 ladder matches in WWF history. Perhaps the Hardys were very good ladder match performers, but the idea that they innovated the idea is nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back