• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Future idea for NXT

hhhfactor

Dark Match Winner
So seasons 1 and 2 of NXT have been about establishing future superstars of the WWE as well as main eventers or upper card wrestlers (Wade Barrett and Kaval). With season 3 of NXT focusing on the women's division, my question is what will be the them for season 4? Through the last two seasons of NXT I have seen quite a few superstars who would make great assets to the WWE but just didn't have that individual star power. What if season 4 focused on the tagteam divison? Tagteams that are currently in FCW (Los Aviadores, Rotundo Brothers, and Joe Henning and Bret Dibiase) and as well as putting together former rejects of seasons 1 and 2 of NXT together to get a second chance to shine. So my questions would be what superstars would you put together to form new tagteams from either seasons or that are currently members of FCW?

My suggestions

Justin Gabriel and Richie Steamboat (young high flying tagteam)
Heath Slater and Lucky Cannon
Titus O'Neil and Percy Jackson

No. Just no for a few reasons.

The first is that Tag teams are irrelevent to today's WWE. you can make this case about Divas too (and moreso, infact) but the Divas are being used as filler until Smackdown comes to SyFy and NXT goes off the air.

Secondly because calling up 8 (or any significant number) tag teams would rape FCW. NXT has only ever been used to bring up guys who've never beein on WWE TV before (excluding all but one of the guys on your list). Which means you'd need to bring up 16 people. FCW cannot support the loss of 16 TV ready tallents (and may not even have that many).

Finally why use 16 people when 8 will do? Not going to elaborate on this one, because it speaks for itself.

This does make sense, but some of the reasons not to do too... I expect WWE to be on a heavy recruiting run for developmental over the next few months... It's no coincidence that ROH are starting to sign up guys like the Kings of Wrestling cos they know Vince is looking for teams... NXT doesn't simply have to be about newbies... with tag teams it would be more about "the next top team"...

WWE can sign up a lot of talent cheaply to FCW, with the opportunity of the tag team NXT as the carrot... They then take 8 "pros" who are looking for partners... so at most they need 8 guys from elsewhere... MVP might choose Austin Creed for example. WWE is also going more for British stars, I see a few more coming over in the next few months, even some resignings like Burchill... as possible partners for Barrett, Seamus and McIntyre.

Tag teams will become more important if the belt unification/brand extension ends... A lot of guys who might once have had world title aspirations might have to rethink and become top tag team wrestlers instead...

I think this is a pretty good idea, I think that they could have maybe 6 current WWE wrestlers teaming with 6 people from FCW. The 6 superstars from WWE could be people like Dibiase, Masters, Guerrero, Tatsu, Bourne and JTG. It's no secret that WWE are really suffering with their tag team division as of late, so maybe having some of the superstars that are currently lost in the shuffle form a tag team could be good for the tag division.

i was thinking the same thing but have 5 teams instead of 8 or 6. the wwe needs good teams and i think if the wwe would bring up 2 to the main roster than it would be great. ad actually have the dudebusters and the gate crashers and hart dyansty and the usos actually wrestle

i have set this before in a past thread but I'll say it on here

WWE NXT ALL Star Pros

The season pros would be:

John Cena-his rookie would be a major heel just to make it interesting

Undertaker- Teach the art of mind games to his NXT rookie

Big Show- Give him a small rookie and then have him feud with Mysterio rookie

Mysterio- Give him a massive giant feud with Big Show

Randy Orton- Have him and his rookie in a Legacy kind of relationship

The Miz-Three season veteran what mopre can i say

Edge- SHow the world the power of the R-Rated Superstar

Jericho- Play on the angle "I'm the Best at what I do"

Wade Barett- Previous winner go up and mentor make a new Nexus memeber

You guys bring up some great ideas, but my idea is to have Legends as the pros in season 4. I would like to see guys like Arn Anderdson, Malenko, PS Hayes as mentors to these rookies. those these guys couldn't wrestle but they can give them lots of knowledge and also be trainers at the same time.

That is a great fucking idea to have Legends as pros for season 4 if they do indeed continue on with the show which is no guarantee. It would be cool to see old school guys come back and act as mentors. Bret Hart could definitely be in it. They would probably use guys already under contract like Michael Hayes, Malenko, Anderson, Dusty Rhodes and Steamboat. There could even be a conflict going on when Richie Steamboat is paired with another pro instead of his dad and which would result in tensions between the two. Another idea could be to make one of the pros Kevin Von Erich and have his rookie feud with Michael Hayes rookie. Idk. Its worth trying and may bring in some interest to the program. Who knows, maybe it could be interesting. Most of the legends would not be able to wrestle though.

That is a great fucking idea to have Legends as pros for season 4 if they do indeed continue on with the show which is no guarantee. It would be cool to see old school guys come back and act as mentors. Bret Hart could definitely be in it. They would probably use guys already under contract like Michael Hayes, Malenko, Anderson, Dusty Rhodes and Steamboat. There could even be a conflict going on when Richie Steamboat is paired with another pro instead of his dad and which would result in tensions between the two. Another idea could be to make one of the pros Kevin Von Erich and have his rookie feud with Michael Hayes rookie. Idk. Its worth trying and may bring in some interest to the program. Who knows, maybe it could be interesting. Most of the legends would not be able to wrestle though.

Even so, when has in-ring product really been the focus of NXT? The idea of legends as pros could work because most of them could probably do the short 3-4 minute matches that has seemingly been the shows format for the most part. The legends could only step in the ring to teach the other rookies a "lesson", not to re-hash old feuds or the like. Depending on the name recognition, this could work.

As for the idea of running a tag team format, I think it would be a bad idea. WWE cares almost as little about its tag team division as it does its womens divsion, and look at what a circus theyve turned the divas version into. Its been more about Michael Cole then ANY of the Divas. I don't want to see the tag team division suffer a similar fate, worse then what it currently is.

I liked the tag team idea
It would be great to have current stars who arent going anywhere look for a partner in NXT people like

JTG-Since he hasnt done anything since his last tag team went down the drain

R-Truth-I know he tags with JoMo every now and then but he could find a new parter in NXT and actually matter in the Tag divition

MVP-Hasnt been doing anything and his push has halted to an abrupt stop so give him a rookie

Evan Bourne-He could form a high flying tag team or get a big guy and have a big guy small guy team

Christian-He wont ever be world champion so why not:disappointed:

Tyler Reks-I could see this guy get really big in the future so why not have a tag team to give him a little push

Joey Mercury/Or possibly Shad???-Mercury was left out to dry when the SES folded and now he's probably waiting for his future endevors. My reason for Shad is the same as JTG.:suspic:

John Morrison-This guy has always shined in tag team wrestling even though he is definetly going to be a future world champ he could still have another great tag team:lmao:

I got a future Idea for NXT....Of the AIR. lol. Seriously, this show is done. The first season made sense since it resulted in Nexus but after that it has become meaningless. After the disaster that is season 3 no one will take this show seriously. It would have to be discontinued and could maybe be brought back in like 10 years. I hear Tough Enough is coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back