The ABC Party

Are we allowed to join the party without an invite?
I used to post a lot in the spam sections as Granite. And I just started posting in the non-spam sections recently again after taking long breaks. (Obvious if you look at the time I've had this account to the amount of non-spam posts I've made ratio.) And now I am here to stay and I'm never leaving!

So, if I can join, I'm definitely in! ^-^

Are we allowed to join the party without an invite?
I used to post a lot in the spam sections as Granite. And I just started posting in the non-spam sections recently again after taking long breaks. (Obvious if you look at the time I've had this account to the amount of non-spam posts I've made ratio.) And now I am here to stay and I'm never leaving!

So, if I can join, I'm definitely in! ^-^

As has been previously stated, you don't require an invite join. It's open to anyone and everyone.

Welcome on board Amarillo del Bosque Verde (that's a mouthful ;) ). I'll PM Sly later and add you to the list as #32.

And Happy Birthday Hawkeye :)

I definitely feel like we're the most friendly, welcoming party out there. Not that kindness has ever won a political election, but at the very least most people in the ABC seem to have a general respect for one-another. It seems every day there's somebody from another party coming in and ranting about one of us, or being a general ass because they feel entitled... I'm not saying there aren't good-natured people elsewhere, but I just had no real desire to be surrounded by some of the jerks in the other parties.

I love the moderators that add to discussions, and that handle issues with respect and understanding; the ones that offer grace to people when it's needed, instead of taring them apart for their mistakes (or even in some situations, their opinions). What I really can't stand is the attitude that some have. The whole "moderator means I'm better than you" thing is kind of pathetic. The reality is that most mods are posters with a small amount of relative power. Power meant for helping things along and making the atmosphere an all-around better place. NOT for pretending to be a part of an elite club that gets to go to a better section of heaven because they can throw threads in the trash and give people infractions...

I think out of all the forums I've been a part of, Wrestlezone does a good job of keeping the good moderators and sorting out the bad ones with a terrible attitude. Of course there are always exceptions, but I think this party has the best chance of getting a decent moderator elected. One that will enhance the WZ Forum experience, not make it an overbearing pain in the ass. I'd especially love to have a moderator who welcomes the main page, rather than informing me my opinion does not matter because Wrestlezone "sucks". You know who you are...

There's my little rant on moderators, and getting a new one elected. I'll get off my soap box now...

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3550282 said:
I definitely feel like we're the most friendly, welcoming party out there. Not that kindness has ever won a political election, but at the very least most people in the ABC seem to have a general respect for one-another. It seems every day there's somebody from another party coming in and ranting about one of us, or being a general ass because they feel entitled... I'm not saying there aren't good-natured people elsewhere, but I just had no real desire to be surrounded by some of the jerks in the other parties.

Yeah, just wait until the voting actually starts.

I'm completely torn in half when it comes to choosing a party but I have narrowed it down to either the ABC party or the Birthday party.

One of the busiest non-wrestling, non-spam sections is the VG&T section, which, since Lee's departure, is quickly becoming one of the worst sections in terms of post quality. For every decent post, there are five spammy ones that do nothing for the thread, & section as a whole.

For example, I had an idea for a thread topic and took literally HOURS to put together an opening post with actual research. Within a few posts, the thread ended up looking like shit, and the presidence of posting a three word response set the pace for many future posts to come.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=192970

The pride I had in the opening post was quickly replaced with frustation & curiosity as to why most people couldn't take the time to provide an actual, intelligent, contributing thought to their post.

Every spam post that gets made, I report but to no avail - And I get it, there are thousands of shitty comments left all over the forum & sometimes posts slip through the cracks, but the VG&T section isn't getting the attention that it deserves, because the image the entire section has, is becoming tarnished.

This brings me to why I'm torn.

I WANT to join this party as I feel the cause makes sense & it is filled with extremely talented people, all more than capable of being a mod.

I also WANT a mod for the VG&T section, seeing as it's one of the two sections to not have one, & out of the two, it is the one that needs guidance.

I can't help but think that whoever gets elected from this party to run for mod, won't even have a thought of modding the VG&T. I would be more than willing to do the job, but I am below the quality of posters already in this party & because of which would doubtfully be the man elected in the party.

As much as I want to join this party, I also want a VG&T mod, & the Birthday Party seems to want that as well.

This isn't me announcing which party I will be backing, as I am equally eying this party, as well as the Birthday Party.

I'm hoping that by posting this, members of your party will work on swaying my vote one way or another & help me make a final decision.

We are of the upper class and we will conduct our voting as civilized as possible. It's that simple.

I can't tell you who you vote for but if you join the ABC Party, we cater for ALL areas.

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3550418 said:
Oh come on, who the fuck cares about New Jack?

It doesn't really matter, because the reality is that people will flip out no matter what. Sometimes I don't post certain news bits because I feel like nobody will care, and a bunch of readers bitch at me because we're not being as "thorough" as other sites. Then you do post stories like that, and people bitch about there being too many boring stories you don't care about! There's no way to make everyone happy, so you just have to do your best at posting relevant pro wrestling news.

We're not always successful...

Muffin Top Merkley said:
I'm torn because the ABC party has a long list of respected posters & a solid party platform. But when I look at the list of who, if elected, would choose to mod the VG&T section, and the only name that stands out is Dagger, and no offense, but respectfully don't see him as a mod of that section. I would through my name into the hat, but when measured up against the majority of those in the ABC party, I would fall short.

I WANT a mod for the VG&T section, seeing as it's one of the two sections to not have one, & out of the two, it is the one that NEEDS guidance, attention, direction & fresh ideas.

This party, also has a number of respected & intelligent posters, who want the same thing that I want - a VG&T mod & gaming has become a big passion for me within the past couple of years, so this party also appeals to me.

This isn't me announcing which party I will be backing, as I am equally eying this party, as well as the ABC Party. My hope is by posting this, members of your party will work to sway my vote in one direction or another.

The thing is, MFM, is that there is no guarantee that there will be a VG&T mod at the end of the day either way. Remember, only one person wins the election and becomes a mod of a section of his or her choosing. So regardless of who wins and what party they are from, there very well may not be a VG&T mod.

I think you sell yourself a little short. If you feel so strongly about a mod for this section, join our party and have a run at it yourself, no reason why you couldn't. Or, throw your support behind Dagger, who I think would make an excellent mod for this section (assuming that would be his plan, I have no idea of his plan or if he is even running). Either of these would be your best shot at finding a VG&T mod.

If you support our party, and if we win, there's simply no guarantee that the result will produce a VG mod. Frankly, it's probably unlikely unless it is you or Dagger. But the same applies to TBP. Lee is not running himself as I understand it, and a lot of their apparent frontrunners don't seem to me to be contemplating a VG&T mod ship, although I stand to be corrected on that. You can be damn sure that David French won't produce a VG&T mod, as they only have one candidate and he's clearly targeting the spam zone.

I say look at the two parties overall, and pick the one which you think will produce the better mod. Which, in my opinion, would be The ABC Party.

Muffin Top Merkley

We can always adjust where needed once we get voted. I say join us and let your voice be heard.
If i can help you make your decision in any way, let me know.

Well, I have some free time. So I might as well kill it here by writing my thoughts on every current section in the forum and what I'd do.

WWE Section
There are enough moderators for this particular section to maintain it in order. However, the amount of "*OFFICIAL* All Discussion" threads really cuts down subjects. I realize people post lot's of duplicate topics due to it being WWE, meaning there's lots to talk about, but if the thread isn't good enough, I wouldn't merge it. I'd just trash it. Same with any thread pitching some ridiculous idea which tends to end up in the Spam section. The idea will be dumb wherever it's put. The ability to ridicule these ideas in a Spam environment opens the doors to flaming.

My problem with the '*OFFICIAL* All Discussion' threads in the WWe section is that I find it hard to muster the enthusiasm to check out a thread already at x hundred points, especially when you may have multiple discussions on said general point going on a once. I realize it would probably take some amount of work, but sometimes one general topic may have several branches (especially once there is developments - Rock / Cena for example), an idea I'd like to see is a lock on a certain thread once there is a major development and allow new topics based on this.

TNA Section
I won't lie. It's the section I always pay attention to and am most interested on. I feel it has a lack of appreciation of sorts. IDR isn't always around, so Spam, spoilers and such sneak in easily and can go unnoticed. I don't like it. It gives it a bit of a sense of disorganization in comparison to the other sections. It's also plagued by continuous bashing to TNA and it's fans. I have no problem with constructive criticism, but the "I can't wait for X guy to go to WWE" or "TNA is horrible right now" comments really don't do it for me or for a discussion of it. I feel it takes away from it and degrades it's fan's. I feel post's like them should be considered flaming. Unless you give a reasonable criticism with descriptions of the problem, viewed solution and such, I see no reason to speak then. It derails discussions into TNA fan's vs TNA haters.

I agree whole heartily, it really is hard to have two TNA / general fans discussing a topic without the whole thing getting disrupted by someone going "TNA sucks" and then claiming that YOU are the negative should you point out something from history supporting your case. It wouldn't be so bad if it was of the caliber of Jack Hammer's critiques because, although he may be overly (IMO) harsh at times, you know that he wants them to succeed and these are genuine SPECIFIC points that he is willing to discuss. IDR does a great job but I feel he could use some support from a someone who likes TNA but isn't completely OTT (love ya's SD and ZZ but I'd imagine there be a new record set for infractions if it was one of you guys:lmao:).

General Wrestling Section
With ROH expanding TV markets, CHIKARA expanding itself, AAA working closer than ever with TNA, EVOLVE and DGUSA merging and the fall of the Independant Section, I think a bit of expanding in here would be fitting. A ROH, CHIKARA, Other Indies and Lucha/Puro Sub-Sections would be nice to separate discussions about these companies from more general ones. With these sub-sections around, posters would be more encouraged to make topics on these companies without the fear of their thread falling quick off the page.

Now this is a great idea but, to begin with, I'd like an Indie / International Section alongside the General Wrestling Discussion and then possibly consider further diversification if interest warrants. Another possible consideration would be to actually move 'General' alongside 'Old School' as this would be a more logical area for past present comparisons, leaving the WWe / TNA / Indy & International sections to concentrate on current storylines / rumors etc.

Hall Of Fame Section

Not much to think of here as this is more of a special attraction than another discussion forum. However, an area to crown 5-Star Matches would add more to it as well as a Hall Of Infamy of sorts similar to Tenta's old Bad Gimmick memorial thread.

I'm for the HoF matches and, possibly, HoF rivalries as well for the nostalgia freaks among us too.

Old School Section

Sadly, this section doesn't generate much traffic as most fan's are of the new age. But it's still a great place to discuss older stuff in wrestling such as WCW, the original ECW and such.​

Very true, so I again suggest an amalgamation with the General Threads.

Cigar Lounge Section

I believe there was once a discussion about renaming the section so it better fit's the newer format. "World News And Politics" would be a direct and to the point name. But other than that, this sections smoothly as it's usually for the more intellectual poster.

MMA/Boxing, Movies And TV, Music, Potluck and Sports Sections

I don't visit these much. But as far as I can see, these are of the cleanest sections in the forum. Nothing to add in my eyes.

Video Games And Technology Section

This section is also in good shape, but it's more vulnerable to spam than the other NWS areas. Someone should be assigned to it.

WZCW

It's in the best hands it could be. It is the most friendly section and with the addition of it's new program, After Shock, I think what little rearranging needed to be done is done. Join WZCW, by the way.

Not sections I'm often perusing, but to my knowledge these run extremely well and probably do not require any tweaking.

The GSD

Lee's gone from staff. Who's gonna Lee wrestling threads now?

The Bar Room

There's no fun if the anarchy get's cut off from here.

The Wrestling Spam Section

I feel this section could use a similar clean up to the one I suggested in the General Wrestling Section. A WWE, TNA and Indies Sub-Section's would make the place just as attractive for detailed discussion as it's non-spam equal.

I enjoy these sections and agree sub sections in the wrestling could be beneficial. One thing I would like to see and would probably fall in the super mods remit is an end to duplication between non spam and spam topics as I find two threads covering the same discussion overkill.

Prison

Someone should be assigned with the sole task of whipping whatever inmate sticks around into shape in order to let him out of just ban him.No point in having the section if the poster stays acting the same way he came in.

No problems here, some of the biggest laughs in WrestleZone can be found in this section, to the extent I actually feel sorry for some inmates:lmao:.

The Book This! Section

The only Interactive Section I have a thought on. I feel it should be for more than just writing your own shows. Threads about ideal rosters and made up storylines as well as "What If's" always pop up in the Wrestling sections to little fanfare. I feel they would fit best here as they share the same idea of allowing people to be creative as writing a show.

Agreed, I once set up a concept idea of recreating the glory days of the NWA with a Ted Turner style mogul making money no object to extremely little interest. Make believe shows are fine for what they are but I'm more interested is generics not specifics when these ideas come down the pipe.

The ABC Party is a party with the idea of continuing the reputation of WrestleZone Forums being one of the most well organized and intellectual forums out there. We support the current moderation staff and look to add whatever help can be added. While this may have been deemed a popularity contest, we still don't forget the fact that the grand prize requires a degree of responsibility and commitment should it be officially granted to the winner.

And for these reasons, I am proud to call myself a member!​

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3550418 said:
Oh come on, who the fuck cares about New Jack?

It's still news, even if it doesn't concern most people. Who else is gonna report it? :shrug:

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3550516 said:
Sometimes I don't post certain news bits because I feel like nobody will care, and a bunch of readers bitch at me because we're not being as "thorough" as other sites. Then you do post stories like that, and people bitch about there being too many boring stories you don't care about!

I am one of those people who have complained about the lack of news, more specifically lucha news. I want to apologize, Mikey. I never saw it like that.

As for people bitching: haters gonna hate. It comes with the job.

[*]Prison

Someone should be assigned with the sole task of whipping whatever inmate sticks around into shape in order to let him out of just ban him. No point in having the section if the poster stays acting the same way he came in.​

I propose sentencing prisoners to "death" via death penalty AKA perma-ban.

You had me at the decision to end all-encompassing official threads, but then lost me when you implied that you'd simply trash additional threads. Please clarify; would you trash all threads that deal with a subject already covered or just the laughably bad ones?
It depends on it's content. There's an official thread for all talk about WWE Network. It cut's all possibilities of pitching new show ideas or discussing one's that are already official and just piles it up in one thread. If a thread is made on WWE's idea to make a show about Wrestlemania, it deserves it's own thread. If one about your own show ideas is make, it would technically fit in the official thread that's already established. But if the OP is throwing out ideas that have already been pitched, it should be trashed as it's a repeat.

I feel your policy of eliminating criticisms of the product could be dangerous. Judging from how dear you supposedly hold the section to your heart, I don't see you erring on the side of caution on what constitutes a constructive criticism and what doesn't.
This is IDR's format for looking at it.
For example, if your issue is TNA's booking...

Post A

Oh my god, TNA sucks. They have the worst fucking booking. This company should just fold.
Post B

Oh my god, TNA sucks. They have the worst fucking booking. This Sting deception angle is terrible – how am I supposed to support this as a fan? It makes no sense! Just let Sting be a face again like everyone wanst him to be and quit trying to force this crap of him as a heel on us, please? God, sometimes I think this company should just fold.
Post A is obvious spam. Post B is the accepted one. But Post B does not tell me why the Deception angle is bad. It just says it is but doesn't support it with a logical reason. To cap it off, the post ends with unwishful thinking for the company that will easily generate negative responses no matter what. A more fitting post to my ideal would say this:
TNA's booking is too difficult to support. This Sting/Deception angle makes no sense because he keeps being so cryptic about it while Dixie Carter just looks stupid being unable to figure out the obvious. Sting is too natural a face to play this heel character too as he's just not gaining any interest unless he's mutilating Jeff Jarrett. This storyline is bombing bad and just makes TNA look worse than it already does.

See. Constructive. No hatred to it.
The World X Cup idea sounds interesting but, ironically, I'm not sure there's the interest for it.
I'd at least like to give it a test run.

No. No, no, no. First off, I don't know where you got this idea of threads falling off the front page from. Threads don't fall from the front page - it's more of a slow slide, and they do so because nobody gives a fuck, not because of high traffic; not nearly because of high traffic.

This forum receives a reasonable amount of traffic. I mean, it's not amazing but it's not appalling either. However, because of all the sections and sub-sections, progress on every page slows to a crawl and uninteresting threads sit on the front page in perpetual death throes for days or even weeks at a time. We're not Something Awful; we don't have the traffic or the strong communities to support dozens of sections. There's one community on this site; the wrestling community. Every sub-community within that one community is about a dozen people strong at best, and they're rarely committed enough to keep the sections they roam in interesting.
Well that's your way of looking at it. Still, the General Wrestling Sections' threads aren't always about wrestling general and focus on one particular company that isn't WWE or TNA. I'm not saying a section should be made for every major company, but at the least threads about wrestling in general should be separated from one's that talk about a specific company.

This is essentially a dead section. Why you want to impregnate it and force out a stillborn sub-section is beyond me. You're sick in the head is my guess.
No. I just said that besides wrestlers, maybe classic matches and bad gimmicks should get picked as well.

I'm surprised even sectionites don't want this fucker re-merged with General Wrestling.

Probably because for the most part it talks about one company in particular.

The Bar Room with less humour, more rules and a word limit. At least you don't advocate adding an Abortion sub-section, though that would actually be rather fitting come to think of it.
:shrug:

It was easy points to point out that these two are essentially the same thing and should be merged. Money for old rope! Yet you didn't.
That's because not everyone likes The Bar Room and would rather stay in the tamer GSD section.

You can probably guess how I feel about this.
No, I guess. Well, at least we're trying to add something to it. Last time something was added to spice it up was the Kayfabe section though.

You have some generally good ideas here. I've also long thought that more stuff could go in there than just people writing their own shows. NorCal and Will had a thread in there that was just them brainstorming potential storylines - that was pretty good.
With all the countless "Cena Heel Turn", "Daniel Bryan Cash-In", "Rock/Cena", "Punk/Some AE Guy" threads that pop up daily, that section could really benefit.

I wouldn't say we have any reputation. Intellectual? Maybe. Well organized? Doubtful.
Well we do get lots of complaints for being uptight with the rules.

The slightest degree of responsibility and commitment, trust me on that.

As it is, a lot (well, most) of this stuff is above your station and for admins to decide. I'm sure you probably realise that, but I'm still reluctant to even let you into the Board Room in the first place.

Still, I gotta campaign some way. I doubt promising I'll be infracting at a Ferbian/Sidious level will get me much support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back