The ABC Party

The argument could be made that there;s not much interest, but the argument could also be made that there's little posting on Indy Wrestling because there's nothing devoted specifically to it.

The first argument's a lot more realistic, unfortunately. Even the MMA Section - which covers something distinct enough that it arguably should exist - is comprised entirely of threads up to two and a bit months old with less than ten replies in them.

This site doesn't have incredible traffic I'm afraid, so slicing it up into more chunks than a dead hooker only serves to make it about as dynamic as a sloth on sedatives.

I do not think that any number of posts will ever make someone interested in a product. However, having a video library of indy matches in the spam section, which was one of Killjoy's original ideas, might do the trick. Everyone likes watching matches. Members can browse through that in their free time.

Sure, there's nothing stopping you from starting that in the general wrestling section right now. Go to YouTube, get back here with an armful of matches and go nuts.

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3551790 said:
You get +3 for the multiple metaphors and single use of alliteration.

A backhanded shot at fellow WZ writer Bob Bamber, the worst writer on the main page?:p

hatehabsforever
deanerandterry
Big Sexy
Mustang Sally
Dagger Dias
Little Jerry Lawler
The Rattlesnake
JWGunslinger
Mike “The Kid” Killam
Hawkeye
Notorious718
JAM
“Hollywood” Prophet
Theo Westside
Professor S.K. Falkon
Davi323
Hamily Guy
The Killjoy
The Dragon Saga
The Bearded One
Doppleganger
vampireblade
FitFinlay4Life
theIHWrestling
Jack-Hammer
FunKay
LSN80
JJYanks121
The_Reptile
Kenny Powers
Mitch Hennesey
BK201
Amarillo Del Bosque Verde

And now merging with Ba-Bombs People's Party adds:
Yurnewhero
Da Truth
Karilas
Zrise
Spoodbeest
Global Icon
Cracka Jack
wushady
Mayor Mcleafy
poppycock
MMK
Special FNK
Colamania
LegendKiller716
Ba-Bomb

Brings us to 48 members. Booyah!

Brings us to 48 members. Booyah!

49 - I'm in

I stated before that I believe that the VG&T section is in despite need for a moderator, and I will be throwing my name into the hat for the running of the next mod, because I feel like I would be able to not only clear it of the clutter, but also improve the overall attitude of the VG&T. While I also assume Dagger would be running for the same position, I feel that I would be the better person for the job (with all due respect to Dagger)

Ever since I posted my previous comment declaring my uncertainty as to what party to back in this election, I have been thinking about the ABC Party & the Birthday Party, and while both parties are clearly filled with talented members, the ABC party has the most potential for WrestleZone Forums as a whole.

As I mentioned, I will be putting my name in the ring for this election and I would be obviously more than honored to have votes from this party to place me in the position of VG&T moderator. However, if I was not elected, this party still consists of a large number of people that would make an excellent moderator of ANY section they would choose, and that is why I am backing the ABC Party.

Whether I win or lose in the quest to get support from this party, the forum & the posters within it, win. It literally is a win-win situation for me to place my support here. If I get elected & chosen as VG&T mod, I will be able to clean up & work to improve the section. If I don't, then whoever is chosen, works to improve & better another, equally important part of the very forum that I am proud to be a member of.

Like I said, Win-Win.

What does a hybrid poster do in this spam vs non-spam showdown? I am a recovering non-spam poster. Actually, I did like posting non-spam before I got entirely burnt out on it. The spam sections provide a way to escape the complete idiots better for some reason. Since I wouldn't mind seeing someone help improve the non-spam sections and enjoy the spam section as is then I will join your little group to vote in the primary but be forewarned I am making no promises for the actual election. I may just be here to ensure that when spam triumphs over non-spam that we got the best non-spam could offer. Who knows though, maybe someone convinces me they could actually make a difference I might care about along the way.

Other then the generic name this has turned out well.

Nothing generic about the name, my friend. ;)

What does a hybrid poster do in this spam vs non-spam showdown? I am a recovering non-spam poster. Actually, I did like posting non-spam before I got entirely burnt out on it. The spam sections provide a way to escape the complete idiots better for some reason. Since I wouldn't mind seeing someone help improve the non-spam sections and enjoy the spam section as is then I will join your little group to vote in the primary but be forewarned I am making no promises for the actual election. I may just be here to ensure that when spam triumphs over non-spam that we got the best non-spam could offer. Who knows though, maybe someone convinces me they could actually make a difference I might care about along the way.

I agree with this, if for nothing other then the fact that there are 10 idiotic non-spam posts in any given thread for one good one.

So conversely, I suggest we inundate the non-spam sections with quality posting to show the newer members how it's done. And if necessary, rip those posters a new one for not taking the time/energy to write out a well thought out post. That's just my section for improving non-spam posting. I think the non-spam
sections could truly be turned around if we put more collective energy in as a group to improving non-spam posting by calling people out for poor posting. Not in a better then you way, but asking them to expound on their posts.

Just my thoughts on the situation here. If someone disagrees with me, please let me know.

49 - I'm in

I stated before that I believe that the VG&T section is in despite need for a moderator, and I will be throwing my name into the hat for the running of the next mod, because I feel like I would be able to not only clear it of the clutter, but also improve the overall attitude of the VG&T. While I also assume Dagger would be running for the same position, I feel that I would be the better person for the job (with all due respect to Dagger)

This was my suggestion as well, as I agree it's in need of moderation. Either of you would be a fine choice, although I'm curious as to how you would be a better choice then Dagger. I'm not calling you out or being a dick, Im just curious. Ill support whoever comes out if we go that direction, Id just like to hear from BOTH of you as to why you feel you would make for the better Mod. I don't want to see in-fighting, just both of you make a case as to why you'ld make a good Mod for the section. I hope that makes sense.

Been through that. It's good to step back after a while from dealing with people who can be close minded at times.

So conversely, I suggest we inundate the non-spam sections with quality posting to show the newer members how it's done. And if necessary, rip those posters a new one for not taking the time/energy to write out a well thought out post. That's just my section for improving non-spam posting.

Maybe not rip bad posters a new once since it would make our party seem like a bag of dicks, but I think posting quality material in the non-spam area would help the cause quite a bit.

Sometimes a sentance or a few words is all you have to offer up on a subject...should this result in a warning for spam? If said sentance is legit and even in it's lack of length/depth still relates to and adds to a thread...I don't feel a warning is proper. Things like that should be looked at individually and judged on as seperate beings...not a rule that means just writing a sentance results in a warning. I don't even know if that is a rule I am just guessing seeing as I have been warned a few times for writing only a sentance on a topic when that is really all I had to say/give on the matter. I did want to express myself in the thread though so just saying nothing would have denied me that ability. Also whoever gets in...would they have the power to add a nirvana avatar picture to the music section or better still allow us all to add our own pictures. (if the last point already exists I can't do it can sombody tell me how?)

Sometimes a sentance or a few words is all you have to offer up on a subject...should this result in a warning for spam? If said sentance is legit and even in it's lack of length/depth still relates to and adds to a thread...I don't feel a warning is proper. Things like that should be looked at individually and judged on as seperate beings...not a rule that means just writing a sentance results in a warning. I don't even know if that is a rule I am just guessing seeing as I have been warned a few times for writing only a sentance on a topic when that is really all I had to say/give on the matter. I did want to express myself in the thread though so just saying nothing would have denied me that ability. Also whoever gets in...would they have the power to add a nirvana avatar picture to the music section or better still allow us all to add our own pictures. (if the last point already exists I can't do it can sombody tell me how?)
Only the admins can upload avatars and as long as you post something in a thread that relates to it and you support it, spamming is avoided.

Fair enough about the avatar thing. I would like to see that changed oneday though and for everybody to be able to upload their own.

I have been warned for spamming more than once on the basis that I never wrote enough even though what I wrote was definitely not spam...maybe a mod was having a bad day and was feeling power abusive. Anyway overall I think this place is run well. I like The Peoples Party's views and therefore am a member of. The ABC Party also hold a lot of my views so the merge seems fair aslong as everybody is treated as an equal within the party.

Maybe not rip bad posters a new once since it would make our party seem like a bag of dicks, but I think posting quality material in the non-spam area would help the cause quite a bit.

I may have worded this improperly. Id like to see us challenge posters on their stances more often to encourage them to post better, having them hopefully look at how they can better construct posts. Even if its quoting them and asking questions, I think this could work. Honestly, Id prefer the criticism to be left out, rather to challenge other posters. I think this could only help the non-spam sections, and improve quality of posting.

Fellow ABC Party members, I am officially announcing my intentions of becoming the next Wrestlezone Forums mod. Please bear with me and read this post. You won't regret it. :)

First of all, I would like to thank habs for creating the ABC Party as well as supporting me over the years as a potential mod. I am certain that we will produce the winner of this election and we have a very impressive roster. LSN has kindly offered to be my campaign manager, so I would like to thank him as well.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I have been a member of this forum since September of 2008. Three years and four thousand posts later, I am as active around here as ever. In the three years I have been here I have done a lot. Monthly PPV predictions for every WWE PPV event as well as several TNA PPV's. I generate discussion by coming up with thread ideas that encourage debates among forum regulars. I debate rather than flame when I find a post I disagree with and, as my sig reads, encourage others to do the same with my posts. I have kept the video games section alive during the time it has been without a mod. I post in pretty much every section on the forum whether it be wrestling, non-wrestling non-spam, and even the spam zone on occassion.

As a mod I would like to be the guy that posters can come to when they need help. Anyone who reads my Potluck or Cigar Lounge posts know that I am a nice guy who is always willing to offer advice to those in need. I have helped a number of posters polish their posting skills to become the regulars you know them as today. LSN, JWGunslinger, and Notorious to name a few of my protege's who I have helped. If I become mod I would continue in helping people improve their posting skills.

Anyone who spams too much would be taught my "Non-Spam Formula". I was shown this a couple of years back, and it was a big help to me. I'll be passing it on to newcomers who wish to know it. Click the spoiler to see it for yourself.

(Your opinion on the thread's topic) + (Your reason for why you feel this way) = A non-spam post.

Example: "I think Cena does not suck because he is a better wrestler than people give him credit for"

This post, while short and unimpressive still has a thought and a reason for why.

So which section am I looking to moderate? I would be happy to help in pretty much any of them. Let's take a look at each section and my intentions for each, should I become elected as a mod.

WWE
It already has a great team in Jack-Hammer, Nate, and Nick. It has by far the most traffic though and since I visit it daily I would be more than happy to help by generating more discussion and helping in cleaning it up. Especially on days following Raw/Smackdown or a PPV, I'll find that it needs some maintenance. My PPV prediction columns are also not going anywhere, they will still be a regular part of the PPV discussion threads. I might begin doing more reviews too.

TNA
IDR does fantastic in there. I'm in the section fairly often though and would be willing to help out in the same ways I would in WWE by forming a tag team with IDR should I get elected and become your next TNA mod. More discussion generating, and some assistance with section maintenance. My TNA PPV predictions would remain a regular part of discussion threads and I will consider reviewing more shows.

GENERAL WRESTLING
Tastycles already has this section. I personally think it should be merged with Oldschool Wrestling. Tastycles and Brain could then tag team the section. I'd be willing to join in and help them out. I would generate more discussion by making threads on oldschool WWE, and some WWE VS TNA type topics. Helping with section maintenance as necessary too.

OLDSCHOOL WRESLTING
Brain does good in there. Basically the same thing I said about General Wreslting. I'd keep coming up with more oldschool WWE topics to discuss, and help with the section maintenance as needed.

HALL OF FAME
I'm rarely ever in there. JGlass has it under control. I would merge it with the General Wrestling section, he could tag team it with Tastycles, but that's just me. I would not seek a spot here.

CIGAR LOUNGE
LSN has done a great job of this section after it went through a change this summer. He's got it under control so I will not seek a spot there.

MUSIC
SSC has this section under control. I visit it frequently but will probably not be seeking a spot there.

MOVIES
This section needs a mod. Why Mitch never got it I do not know, but I would absolutely consider it. I have some good thread ideas for upcoming movies and tv shows that I would use to generate discussion. I keep up with what new shows/movies are coming out as well as how they are doing financially. I enjoy visiting this section and it is one of my top choices for where I would like to moderate if I get elected.

VIDEO GAMES
The Video Games section is in desperate need of a mod. I have been a regular there for most of my time at this forum and after Lee stepped down I made it a point to keep this section alive until it receives a mod. I have a wealth of oldschool video game knowledge and, much like with Movies, I keep up with upcoming releases. Every new game with a bigger release deserves a thread and I would keep discussion generated as best I could if I got this section and the section maintenance as needed. It is probably my first choice, but I am open to other choices. My sig links to the section and I will be keeping it that way unless I become mod for another section.

POTLUCK
One of my favorite sections. SSC has it under control so I will not seek a spot there. I'll keep making threads there every now and then regardless though.

WZCW
I have visited this section maybe once or twice in my entire run on this forum. I will not seek a spot there. It's in good hands though between Numbers, Ty, Blade, and Falkon though. Keep up the good work there, guys.

SPAM SECTIONS
I grouped these together. I am in the GSD every now and then, and The Bar Room on occassion. However I prefer the non-spam sections and am not as interested in moderating these sections. The same goes for the wrestling spam zone. We have three excellent G-Mods and a team of mods who can work together to easily tackle our spam zone.

OTHERS
That leaves sections like Book This, Graphics, and the Predictions Contest. While I do monthly PPV predictions, the Predictions Contest does not need a mod for the section. Theo's doing a good job there, and no one will ever beat Doc in graphics. As for Book This.... I'm not seeking a spot there.

MY POTENTIAL PLATFORMS
That brings me to my platform. I am looking at WWE, TNA, Movies, and Video Games as my main choices. I would also consider sections such as General Wrestling, Oldschool Wreslting, Music, and Potluck to further help those already running them even though they are under control. I post in nearly every section so I feel I would be a good candidate to help out wherever it is needed.

DAGGER DIAS FOR MOD!

daggermod4.png

So there you have it, Wrestlezone Forums. I, Dagger Dias, The Relentless Debater, The Threadliner, The Swedish Swordsman, The man of 4000+ posts, would like your support in becoming the next forums mod. Thank you for taking the time to read my announcement and I appreciate the support.

If Big Sexy elects to run for mod of the Sports Stadium, I may have some thinking to do, because he shows as much passion for that section as you do for the video game section, but as of right now, I am inclined to throw my support behind you. I agree fully that the non-spam wrestling sections are already modded really well, and the mods that are already there don't leave a whole lot to be desired. Not only in the WWE section, but the others as well. They do a good job in the busiest non-spam categories. I don't think we really need more mods in those areas, they are covered. The weakest links to me are those you already acknowledged, Movies & TV, Sports Stadium and VG&T. Granted, those sections don't see as much foot traffic as some others do, maybe one person could effectively mod all 3.

So there you have it, Wrestlezone Forums. I, Dagger Dias, The Relentless Debater, The Threadliner, The Swedish Swordsman, The man of 4000+ posts, would like your support in becoming the next forums mod. Thank you for taking the time to read my announcement and I appreciate the support.

I thought you stopped using that when people were relentlessly making fun of you about it.

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3552604 said:
I thought you stopped using that when people were relentlessly making fun of you about it.

Nope. I changed it to The Threadliner when I had the Shawn Daggers sig for that WWE Elites group this summer.

The weakest links to me are those you already acknowledged, Movies & TV, Sports Stadium and VG&T. Granted, those sections don't see as much foot traffic as some others do, maybe one person could effectively mod all 3.

There's an idea. I'm all for the idea of doing 2 or even 3 sections. The non-wreslting non-spam sections have 3 unmodded sections right now. It's up to the admins if whoever wins gets more than one section, although modding both Games and Movies would be a great opportunity to help out the sections that need it the most. I did promise I'd help out wherever needed, so if the opportunity came to do all 3 including Sports I would certainly do that despite not being a regular of the Sports section. Just as if I'd be needed more as a 4th WWE mod or a 2nd TNA mod, I'd do that. It's up to the admins to decide what the forum needs the most.

There's an idea. I'm all for the idea of doing 2 or even 3 sections. The non-wreslting non-spam sections have 3 unmodded sections right now. It's up to the admins if whoever wins gets more than one section, although modding both Games and Movies would be a great opportunity to help out the sections that need it the most. I did promise I'd help out wherever needed, so if the opportunity came to do all 3 including Sports I would certainly do that despite not being a regular of the Sports section. Just as if I'd be needed more as a 4th WWE mod or a 2nd TNA mod, I'd do that. It's up to the admins to decide what the forum needs the most.

I don't know if there is a rule about that or not. No mod is listed for more than one main section, but just because none of them mod more than one does not automatically mean it's against the rules to do so...maybe one of the actual mods can answer that. I get why the WWE section needs 3 mods, there is constant activity...but the non-wrestling/non-spam forums sometimes can go hours, sometimes even a day without a single new post...I don't think we need a unique mod for each, I doubt there will be enough "work" to need more than one covering all three of the forums without a mod already assigned. If its not against the rules to do so, and you are willing to cover multiple forums simultaneously, that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back