Tastycles Newsletter

I'm confident someone will buy Liverpool. Hopefully Benitez will fuck off to Juventus so we don't have to pay to sack him.

I'd sell Gerrard if Inter came in with like £30million. He was totally shit this season, is too old to be a box to box midfielder, and his wages would cover Joe Cole's, who is younger, and on last year's evidence, better.

Yeah, Gerrard has had a particularly poor season. Not sure if Joe Cole is a direct replacement for him but I would not mind seeing the latter in the Liverpool squad next season.

Personally, I think Liverpool should be recruiting players from other Premiership sides rather than taking punt on unknown or unproven European players (also keeping in mind the need for home-grown players now that Blatter has gotten his way). As well as Cole, maybe inquire about SWP and Stephen Ireland from Man City. Someone like Clint Dempsey from Fulham would be a good squad player. Defensively, Upson from West Ham might be available.

The only continental players I would like to see at Anfield next season are Dzeko from Wolfsburg - one of the few players left that can actually head the ball (we'll never be able to afford him though so someone like Carlton Cole or Kenwyne Jones would an inferior replacement) and Fabio Grosso at full back - been a big admirer of him since the 2006 World Cup

Seems like a long shopping list...

Liverpool, above all else, need to either tell Benitez to fuck off, or to point out to him that never in the last 20 years has there been a successful team who play with the same formation no matter who is in the squad. If we don't have wingers, don't play with a team designed for them. Gerrard and Torres work great together, but when one of them is injured, don't expect N'Gog to be able to do Torres' job or Dirk Kuyt to do Gerrard's and change the fucking formation.

As for players, they definitely need another striker, having replaced Bellamy, Crouch and Keane (Top flight goals this season: 23) with David N'Gog (Top flight goals this season: 5). They still need a winger, and have done since Steve McManaman left. Defensively, they shouldn't be that bad. Kyriagos is fucking attrocious and they need cover at full back, but that's it. If we get the Danish guy everyone wants, then all should be good there.

Mascherano is brilliant, but Lucas needs to go, and while the jury is out on Aquilani, Scott Parker is better and English, and with the state West "we can buy the Olympic Stadium" Ham is in, would probably come quite cheap. I will not understand until the day I die why Liverpool didn't buy Adam Johnson. Me and my mates had a convorsation about buying him about 3 years ago, when he couldn't get in the Boro team.

If Liverpool had kept Alonso and Arbeloa and bought Darren Bent instead of Glen Johnson and Aquillani, they probably would have won the league this season.

It could be a disaster for the wrong reason. We might get AV, which is good, but they seem to have cherry picked the best policies from each party. I fail to see how scrapping tax for earners under £10,000 but at the same time not adding any tax to the rich is going to work out very well.

Where I should be:

hhstad468.jpg

Where I actually am:

040417_n398.jpg

I can't believe that a Fulham game has had over an hour of build up. In the semi final, they had 5 minutes on ITV4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back