• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Super Heroes and Villains

You could go above Super Saiyan 2?

Hell Super Saiyan would be enough to beat most of the people that I've heard of in the tournament. If they could up to Super Saiyan 2 then the DB characters should have won easily. Who else in the tournament could blow up entire worlds with the use of one finger? Who else in the tournament could move so fast that they couldn't be seen. It's a damn shame if anyone thinks that Magneto could stand up to a Super Saiyan or Cell.

I'm sorry, you could NOT go above Super Sayin 2.

But still, a regular Super Saiyan would be enough to destroy characters such as Magneto and others. Super Saiyan 2 is estimated to be 10 times stronger than a Super Saiyan and at Super Saiyan, one is already powerful enough to destroy entire worlds in a second and entire galaxies in minutes.

There has been way too many ridiculous threads and posts in the GSD and Cage today, so I'm going to bump this up for my own enjoyment and ask an extremely reasonable question with real life implications.

If you could copy any mutant's powers, who would you choose and why?

I would go with Bishop. I like the whole idea of being able to absorb energy and turn it into muscle mass as well as being able to fire concussive blasts. I wouldn't be a punk ass bitch like Bishop though.

First off, I've always been a huge fan of Ghost Rider. He's my favourite comic character.

Second, Batman is pretty over-rated. Tony Stark would kick his ass any day of the week. Even wednesday.

So I stopped at Newbury Comics today because I had a $50 gift certificate left over from the holidays and figured it was high time it got spent. I bought a Punisher t-shirt since it's something I've wanted for years, and I also got The Civil War: X-Men. I'm excited because The Civil War is one of my favorite story lines and the X-Men are my favorite heroes. I know they stay neutral for most of the war, but I still anticipate they get their hands dirty one way or another.

Civil War started off well enough. Solid concept and a decent team creatively...then inevitable delays came. Millar & McNiven are notorious for it and they delayed that event by months. Millar also doesn't plan far enough ahead so his ending seemed a little rushed to me.

You can't deny the concept wasn't amazing though. The whole way that neither side was inherently right or wrong was brilliant. Of course, I think it's general consensus that Cap's side was the good guys and Iron Man's was the bad, but in reality it's a really difficult issue. If we lived in a world with hundreds, if not thousands of super powered individuals existed in our society, wouldn't you feel safer if the government had some way to keep tabs on them? Or do you trust the heroes enough to protect us without government interference? It's a very difficult question.

I also like how at the end of the story it was nowhere near resolved. Cap was dead, many of the world's greatest super heroes were still in hiding, Nick Fury was missing, and the SRA was still in effect. It wasn't until last summer after Cap was named director of SHIELD that the SRA was finally repealed, but Fury is still doing his own thing and shit isn't exactly right yet. Great storyline with real long lasting implications in the Marvel Universe.

Hmm... sounds interesting, can I assume I can find the entire Civil War story in graphic novel form?, if so I may have to find a copy and read it, I need something to do on my lunch breaks anyway...

Civil War was a good graphic novel, but it really was a lot more one-sided than I thought it would be. They made it seem like neither side would be portrayed as "right" but if you read it then it was pretty obvious they wanted you to take Captain America's side.

I'm thinking of the right Civil War, right? The one about superhero registration?

Also, one of my favorite graphic novels is Secret War, mostly because of Dell'otto's amazing artwork, but no one seems to know what I'm talking about when I mention that, even hardcore comic geeks. :(

That's the Civil War, Doc.

How does nobody know what Secret War is? If I'm not mistaken, it's the one where all the heroes are teleported to some planet where one of Marvel's extra-terrestrial higher power types makes the heroes fight the villains. Basically it's just one giant crossover where all the superheroes team up and all the villains team up, and Magneto winds up on the heroes side.

I felt the Magneto thing was worth mentioning because I fucking love Magneto.

If they don't know what Secret War is, they're not hardcore comic book geeks. I barely consider myself a comic book geek of any core, and I know what it is.

I've heard of Secret War before, and I've been out of the comic book loop for nearly ten years now, I've just recently started going back adn reading graphic novels a few years ago when Watchmen came out

That's the Civil War, Doc.

How does nobody know what Secret War is? If I'm not mistaken, it's the one where all the heroes are teleported to some planet where one of Marvel's extra-terrestrial higher power types makes the heroes fight the villains. Basically it's just one giant crossover where all the superheroes team up and all the villains team up, and Magneto winds up on the heroes side.

I felt the Magneto thing was worth mentioning because I fucking love Magneto.

If they don't know what Secret War is, they're not hardcore comic book geeks. I barely consider myself a comic book geek of any core, and I know what it is.

I think you're thinking of Secret Invasion. Secret War was one where Nick Fury got together Wolverine, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Captain America, and Luke Cage in order to take down Latveria.

I've heard of Secret War before, and I've been out of the comic book loop for nearly ten years now, I've just recently started going back adn reading graphic novels a few years ago when Watchmen came out

It happened in the 80s anyway, so you'd have to be WAY out of the loop to not know about Secret War.

I fall in and out of the loop myself. A lot depends on if I have a car/job so I can go to the comic book store and pay for comics. When I'm at Boston and I have some spare cash and the comic book itch I just go to Barnes and Noble and guy a Marvel graphic novel there. I never saw this particular Civil War thing there though, so I'm glad I went to Newbury comics.

It happened in the 80s anyway, so you'd have to be WAY out of the loop to not know about Secret War.

You're thinking about Secret Wars.

Secret War was written by Bendis and illustrated by Gabriele Dell'Otto.

I fall in and out of the loop myself. A lot depends on if I have a car/job so I can go to the comic book store and pay for comics. When I'm at Boston and I have some spare cash and the comic book itch I just go to Barnes and Noble and guy a Marvel graphic novel there. I never saw this particular Civil War thing there though, so I'm glad I went to Newbury comics.

Where do you live in NJ?, I'm just curious if you live anywhere near Red Bank, and have ever been to Jay & Silent Bobs Secret Stash

So I stopped at Newbury Comics today because I had a $50 gift certificate left over from the holidays and figured it was high time it got spent. I bought a Punisher t-shirt since it's something I've wanted for years, and I also got The Civil War: X-Men. I'm excited because The Civil War is one of my favorite story lines and the X-Men are my favorite heroes. I know they stay neutral for most of the war, but I still anticipate they get their hands dirty one way or another.

Newbury Comics FTW. That's my favorite store ever.

You're thinking about Secret Wars.

Secret War was written by Bendis and illustrated by Gabriele Dell'Otto.

Sorry Doc, but YOU are the one who is sadly mistaken. Well, not really, but we're on two different pages. Secret WarS (notice the S) happened when The Beyonder grew fascinated by Earth's superheroes and put them in his own dimension and forced them to fight Earth's villains. You're talking about Secret War, which while good, is not nearly as legendary as Secret Wars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars

Where do you live in NJ?, I'm just curious if you live anywhere near Red Bank, and have ever been to Jay & Silent Bobs Secret Stash

No, I live in Northern New Jersey, and if you know anything about the bigger towns/cities in Jersey it's near Montclair. Never been to Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash, when I do comic book shopping in NJ I go to Time Warp Comics and Games.

Secret War kinda sucked. Far too many loose ends that weren't tied up properly.

Secret Wars on the other hand was quality. First major crossover event so it was always going to be epic. Plus it's the place where Spidey gets the black suit and Ben Grimm turns human again (and She-Hulk joins the FF in Ben’s place as he stays on Battleworld).

Sorry Doc, didn't see that you already diagnosed the situation before I did. It was late and I had tossed back a few.

No, I live in Northern New Jersey, and if you know anything about the bigger towns/cities in Jersey it's near Montclair. Never been to Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash, when I do comic book shopping in NJ I go to Time Warp Comics and Games.

Damn, you live about an hour, hour and a half away, the only part of NJ I'm, really familiar with is where Kevin Smith grew up, and that's mostly because of the hundreds of hours of stories and shit I've heard him tell about where he grew up via his podcasts, I've always promised myself that if I ever made it out for a East coast tour, that I would have to give myself a tour of that area, and check out the Stash, being the massive Smith fanboy that I am (can't wait for Red State!!!)

Damn, you live about an hour, hour and a half away, the only part of NJ I'm, really familiar with is where Kevin Smith grew up, and that's mostly because of the hundreds of hours of stories and shit I've heard him tell about where he grew up via his podcasts, I've always promised myself that if I ever made it out for a East coast tour, that I would have to give myself a tour of that area, and check out the Stash, being the massive Smith fanboy that I am (can't wait for Red State!!!)

I love Smith too, and not just because it's my obligation to as a New Jerseyan. I remember watching Mall Rats when I was violently sick and just falling love with it, and I still use the Volkswagon joke to this day. My favorite of his, however, is definitely Dogma, and that's a movie I can watch over and over.

I can't remember if I told you this or if it was someone else, I think it was you but it can't hurt to bring it up again, but I got tickets to an advanced screening of Red State and Smith is gonna be there, and I'm super excited for that. I had to drop some serious cash on the tickets, but it should be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back