• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Super Heroes and Villains

JGlass

Unregistered User
A bunch of people in the LD got into a huge debate involving Batman, Iron Man, Magneto, Dr. Doom, Wolverine, etc. and I figured we could use a dedicated thread so we can prevent these awesome but obnoxious debates from spilling out into LDs and other discussions.

So I'd like to start the discussion off with a controversial topic that will undoubtedly ruffle a few feathers... by talking about why Batman is a ridiculously overrated superhero.

Batman is cool, no doubt about it, but people give him way too much credit.

His big appeal is the fact he has no super powers and is able to compete with the likes of Killer-Croc, Bane, and other villains with ridiculous advantages over him. However, Batman is hardly the only hero who makes due without super abilities. Iron Man is, for all intents and purposes, exactly like Batman. Both Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark have a huge armory and hefty pay roll at their disposal, both are geniuses, and both are very well trained. And Iron Man is just one of many super heroes that have no powers that can compare to Batman. In Marvel alone, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye, The Punisher, and Elektra are all high level heroes (though I would argue only Nick Fury and Iron Man would be capable of taking down Iron Man). And Batman is hardly alone as the only super human with no powers in DC, and shares company with such big names as Green Arrow, Catwoman, and Jonah Hex.

But what do you think? Is Batman really the unstoppable beast that some fans make him out to be, or is he an overrated hero? Do you think he could beat other big name heroes like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Superman, Green Lantern, or Iron Man?

And feel free to talk about anything else super hero related, this is the spam zone after all.

No Batman would get fucked over by any 'super-powered' super-hero or villain. Then again Wolverine was easily subdued by the returning Hulk when he started pummeling his brain against his admantium skull. So really, all these badasses are really extinguishable in real battles.

What we should all be asking ourseleves is, how do we kill Galactus?

Do you think he could beat other big name heroes like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Superman, Green Lantern, or Iron Man?

Well certainly he could beat Wolverine.

wolverine18006.jpg

:lol:

captain-america-movie-update-big.jpg

Captain America has always kicked ass to me. Having only read bits and pieces of his comics from like 20 years ago, I know nothing else really about him.

Well certainly he could beat Wolverine.

wolverine18006.jpg
:lol:

Getting kicked in the face ≠ Beaten

Marvel_Zombies_02_03_005.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Marvel_Zombies_14_15_005.jpg[/IMG[/SPOILER]][/QUOTE]

Marvel Zombies is in a different Universe than the mainstream Marvel, so it doesn't apply. That said, Galactus has been dealt with before. Silver Surfer stole the ultimate nullifier, a device that could destroy the universe, and gave it to Reed Richards. They then told Galactus that if he didn't spare Earth, they'd destroy everything, including Galactus, so he called it off. So, PG, the Earthlings of the Marvel Universe have no reason to fear Galactus eating our planet.

Getting kicked in the face ≠ Beaten

Marvel Zombies is in a different Universe than the mainstream Marvel, so it doesn't apply. That said, Galactus has been dealt with before. Silver Surfer stole the ultimate nullifier, a device that could destroy the universe, and gave it to Reed Richards. They then told Galactus that if he didn't spare Earth, they'd destroy everything, including Galactus, so he called it off. So, PG, the Earthlings of the Marvel Universe have no reason to fear Galactus eating our planet.

I wasn't really serious about the Wolverine thing. But if Batman had all his equipment he'd have a decent chance to beat Wolverine.

Actually I believe it was Johnny who stole the Ultimate Nullifier with the Watchers instructions. The only way they beat Galactus is if he's weak and they all gang up on him. They'd need Thor and Strange to be involved but it's possible if he's sufficiently weakened.

I always liked Batman for his charatcer, not so much the lack of super powers. The mind games with villains, the villains them selves are pretty kickass (minus calender man), and the entire ominous aura of the Batman universe. Sure he might get his ass kicked by most other super heroes, but he only needs to worry about psychopaths for the most part, so it makes no difference to me.

He was a guy who hated something (crime) , so he went out and did something about it. That's what I love most about his character.

And how exactly did this all end up in the LD anyways ?

I always liked Batman for his charatcer, not so much the lack of super powers. The mind games with villains, the villains them selves are pretty kickass (minus calender man), and the entire ominous aura of the Batman universe. Sure he might get his ass kicked by most other super heroes, but he only needs to worry about psychopaths for the most part, so it makes no difference to me.

He was a guy who hated something (crime) , so he went out and did something about it. That's what I love most about his character.

And how exactly did this all end up in the LD anyways ?

Rox compared Barrett vs. CM Punk to Magneto vs. Dr. Doom, and we debated about who would win that battle for a while, and then someone said Batman would beat them all, and it went about 20 different directions from there. Batman wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell against Magneto or Doom. I like Batman as a character, but nobody can convince me that he could beat Magneto.

Rox compared Barrett vs. CM Punk to Magneto vs. Dr. Doom, and we debated about who would win that battle for a while, and then someone said Batman would beat them all, and it went about 20 different directions from there. Batman wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell against Magneto or Doom. I like Batman as a character, but nobody can convince me that he could beat Magneto.

I don't think many guys could take Magneto, let alone Batman.

Gotta love LDs though.

Batman's power = METAL Utility belt

Magneto's power = Controlling all things METAL

Where do you think I'm going with this!

And could someone describe Marvel Zombies here, AND THE NEXT SMARTASS TO SAY "GOOGLE" IT IS GETTING A PENIS SHAPED PRETZEL IN RED REP!!

And could someone describe Marvel Zombies here, AND THE NEXT SMARTASS TO SAY "GOOGLE" IT IS GETTING A PENIS SHAPED PRETZEL IN RED REP!!

Marvel Zombies is an alternate universe where a Zombified Sentry crash landed on earth and infected the Avengers who were first on the scene. Within 24 hours every super powered individual were infected and the days later devoured pretty much everyone on earth with a few exceptions of Magneto who didn't last much longer and the Black Panther. They still retain their intelligence but become consumed by their hunger.

They first appeared in Ultimate Fantastic Four when ultimate Reed Richards was tricked into going to the zombified Earth by zombifed Reed Richards who was posing as the mainstream Reed Richards. (Hope that made sense)

(though I would argue only Nick Fury and Iron Man would be capable of taking down Iron Man)

Normally I can figure out who you meant to say, but what?

Razor might be able to, he carried him damn far in Echelon's Battle Tournament. Of course all of his metal gadgets would fuck him over, and I'm pretty sure even before he became a god, MUA1 is a pretty clear indicator that Doom could probably take Magneto. It's not really comic canon but hey

Normally I can figure out who you meant to say, but what?

I meant to say Batman. My bad.

Razor might be able to, he carried him damn far in Echelon's Battle Tournament. Of course all of his metal gadgets would fuck him over, and I'm pretty sure even before he became a god, MUA1 is a pretty clear indicator that Doom could probably take Magneto. It's not really comic canon but hey

Yeah, that was a great tournament. I went up against Razor a few times to try to stop Batman, but it was in between the time of The Dark Knight and the first Arkham Asylum game, so people were still red hot for Bruce Wayne. Still, Wolverine managed to keep it close in the round they faced off in. After Wolvie lost, though, I sort of lost faith. I mean, if Wolverine can't be Batman, who can?

And regarding MUA1's Dr. Doom, I'd like to remind you that he managed to steal Odin's power in that game. In the comics he never had that amount of power. However, Liger did bring up the point that Dr. Doom has enchanted his armor to be demagnetized, so Magneto wouldn't be able to crush him like a redneck and his beer can, but I still think Magneto would be able to win. If nothing else, Magneto could sent an asteroid crashing into Doom. Magneto is just in total control of his surroundings and he has the battle experience, composure, and cunning to beat a foe like Dr. Doom.

I think I may have been the one who originally brought Batman into all of this. Though I was just joking; a few others took it pretty seriously.

Still, I agree with your feelings on Batman, JGlass. He's awesome, no doubt, but he does get way too much credit. He's like the Chuck Norris of comics where his fans think he can do ANYTHING. It can get a little annoying at times.

Besides, we ALL know Static would beat them all. Lil Romeo did the theme song for his show for god's sake.

And regarding MUA1's Dr. Doom, I'd like to remind you that he managed to steal Odin's power in that game. In the comics he never had that amount of power. However, Liger did bring up the point that Dr. Doom has enchanted his armor to be demagnetized, so Magneto wouldn't be able to crush him like a redneck and his beer can, but I still think Magneto would be able to win. If nothing else, Magneto could sent an asteroid crashing into Doom. Magneto is just in total control of his surroundings and he has the battle experience, composure, and cunning to beat a foe like Dr. Doom.

That's why I said before he became a god; he didn't manage to steal Odin's power until the end of Chapter 3, and Magneto didn't seem to stand up to him and/or try and take control before that

RiaKilljoy's little blurb in his sig makes me happy.

Someone should talk about Sentry apart from the Hulk Series. Marvel's Superman isn't he? I'm ashamed how little I know of him.

Someone should talk about Sentry apart from the Hulk Series. Marvel's Superman isn't he? I'm ashamed how little I know of him.

Sentry is basically Superman...if he went off the deep-end, killed his wife, was easily maipulatied and subsequently fell at the hands of the God of Thunder.

So basically Superman only far more messed up.

Also, Kid Miracleman wins this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back