• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Super Heroes and Villains

Tony Stark is effectively a cyborg now, mostly man but very much machine. Since coming out of his coma after Stark Disassembled he now stores his entire armor in the hallows of his bones as the "next step" in where Iron Man was meant to be. The "Bleeding Edge" armor that he wears now is made of nanites that heal the armor and can change shape at Tony's will, he also once more relies on an arc reactor for his body to function at all since he turned himself into a vegetable in World's Most Wanted by erasing pretty much his entire brain.

Magneto could kill Doom with a strained wave of his hand, regardless of whether or not his armor has been demagnetized. Magneto can, through great concentration, control the iron in a person's blood. However with his age and the stress of having been depowered and repowered Magneto is but a shell of his former terrorizing self, falling into comas at while using a fraction of the power he used to be able to tap into.

As far as the actual question about Batman, sure he could beat almost any super hero. He couldn't definitely do it on his first outing with them, but he could definitely beat almost any super hero after doing his analyzing thing. He could disable Tony's armor, learn to not be a threat to Spider-Man so his senses didn't pick him up, keep in mind that Peter has web shooters that have a limited amout of ammo, he's already got plans to kill Superman incase Superman goes rogue. Given enough time, Batman could beat almost any hero. I'd say that Batman probably couldn't beat Hulk, I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that Batman could do very little if anything to damage Hulk.

That's why I said before he became a god; he didn't manage to steal Odin's power until the end of Chapter 3, and Magneto didn't seem to stand up to him and/or try and take control before that

Yeah, I couldn't tell if you were referring to him stealing Odin's power or not because I never really considered him to be a god, just having godlike power. I don't remember if anyone in the game ever made any reference to Magneto trying to stop him prior, but if the combined forces of all of the world's greatest heroes couldn't stop Dr. Doom's plan from unfolding, I doubt Magneto could have done any better.

Tony Stark isn't as bad ass as Batman is. TS is a fucking alcoholic (which is awesome) not a bad ass like Batman.

Hey I just ended reading the entire Marvel Zombies saga and all I can say is two things: excellent story especially the moral angle with my man Spidey. 2nd thing: Machine Man is a fucking asshole, he wants to be a bad ass and well he sucks...big time.

PS: Did anyone read the Marvel Noir series?

Tony Stark is actually a recovered alcoholic. When they were celebrating the end of the SRA, he made a comment about how he was stuck drinking water instead of champagne.

That Marvel Noir series looked really good, but I haven't really read anything since Dark Reign ended. The only time I ever am willing to buy comics is over the summer when I have access to a car and a job to provide me with disposable income. When I'm at school I try to keep up through wikipedia and stuff, but often to not much avail.

Yeah Demon in a Bottle was the Iron Man story arc where he reached rock bottom and overcame his alcholism. David Michelinie did a good job with that and most of his Iron Man run.

I just finished reading X-Men Noir it was pretty awesome. The grit to the noir versions of the heroes is well worth reading.

sml_24x36_poster_sloga1f70-682x1024.jpg

I've never even heard of the guy until today. Care to tell us what makes him so great?

Kid Marvel/Miracleman
kidm.JPG

Basically Marvelman (later turned into Miracleman because of pressure from Marvel Comics) had a side-kick named Kid Marvelman. Kid Marvelman was sort of a Jason Todd before Jason Todd was even dead in that he turned from pleasant side-kick to total insane psychopath. Kid Marvelman is the only one of the Marvelman trio (Marvelman, Kid Marvelman and Young Marvelman) to escape from the virtual reality that they have been trapped in, or at least that's what he believes.

Rather than returning to the normal world as Johnny Bates, he returns as Kid Marvelman, causing his powers to manifest and turning him into a raving sociopath. He ages and by the 1980's he discovers that Marvelman is alive and invites him to pay him a visit. He then reveals that he has full control over all of his powers and totally & utterly destroys Marvelman but accidently says the 'safe word' (Marvelman) and returns to his alter-ego, who is still a 13 year old boy, but he is traumatised and goes to an orphanage where he is horribly bullied and even raped. This causes Kid Marvelman to live once more. He then slaughters everyone in the government orphanage where he's held.

He then commits a city wide killing spree, pretty much annihilating the entire city of London and easily defeats Marvelman, Marvelwoman & the Warpsmith's (a group of advanced Super Aliens). He does eventually lose, only though when a Warpsmith teleports a debris into Kid Marvelman's head and a girder through his chest. This causes him to return to his human form (still a 13 year old) to escape the pain. Marvelman then kills him to prevent Kid Marvelman from emerging again and end the suffering of Johnny Bates.

POWERS

Superhuman Strength, Speed and Stamina
Invulnerability
Capable of surviving in space
Exceptional intelligence beyond that of a regular human
Able to cause thunderclaps by clapping his hands together
Energy Blasts
Flight
Telepathy
Laser-vision

This dude kicks all ass - in his universe he's beaten Superman, Batman and pretty much the entire Marvel Universe as well as a grave yard of the undead!
200708060418.jpg

He hates heroes, he just ain't found any yet!

Mark Millar's Nemesis:

n4e1ys.jpg

smdg95.jpg

vaginatrap.jpg

That's how real villains roll.

Easily one of the most insane and fucked up things I have ever seen. Norman Osborne did something similar during the Dark Reign storyline. Luke Cage was having some heart troubles, and apparently the only person in the world who had the technology to 1) Operate on Luke Cage and 2) Make a pacemaker that could support Luke's powers. Osborne was going to hold him hostage, but a group of heroes managed to break Luke out, and they all lived happily ever after.

Except not really. Norman Osbourne being the brilliant psychopath he is put a tracking chip and bomb in Cage's pacemaker. The only reason he didn't blow Cage's chest out the second he escaped is because he basically had a homing beacon to the Secret Avenger's HQ/Quinjet/Movie store they frequent/anywhere Luke Cage went. Luckily, they realized this, and with the help of Dr. Strange's epic magical abilities and Hank Pym's Pym Particles, they managed to get rid of the tracking chip. Unfortunately, he rigged the chip to explode if it was removed, and I forget how they managed to take it out (I actually DO have this comic around here somewhere, but it's going to be impossible to find), but they manage to get it out just before it blows up, saving Luke Cage and The Avenger's secrecy.

I can only hope that girl manages to have similar luck.

And Funkay, that sounds like one of the most convincing (other than the inter-dimensional travel, but crazier things have happened) but horrifying background stories for a villain. Still, by looking at his powers, I'm not convinced he could beat a powerful psychic like Professor X or Emma Frost, or someone like Reed Richards, who in addition to having a team full of great powers, has his adaptive thinking, loads of technology, and billions of dollars to supplement that.

What is everybody's favorite non-The Dark Knight superhero film?

Mine is the first incarnation of The Punisher with Thomas Jane starring as Frank Castle. I know this isn't exactly the most popular superhero film out there, but I just thought it was very well done. Castle doesn't just use his fighting skills to take out the bad guys, he also uses his craftiness to make John Travolta ruin his own life. The plot was incredible, the action scenes were well done, and I thought it was all around one of the best superhero films I've ever seen.

What is everybody's favorite non-The Dark Knight superhero film?

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and The Incredibles, though I rank them above TDK anyway. Spider-Man 2 captured the tone of what a live action superhero movie should be pretty well. I'm sure there are others that I've forgotten.

Well, he was "Batman of the Future" if you think about it. Isn't Christopher Nolan developing the live action version of Batman Beyond?

Doesn't seem like the sort of thing he would do. At least, I haven't heard anything about it. I know someone somewhere is working on an ongoing Batman live action series.

I don't know how well live action comic book series will work on television. The Hulk and Batman were the only ones that have had any success, and those were ages ago. Others have been attempted and forgotten, such as Spider-Man, X-Men, and I believe even Iron Man. Of course, Smallville has been wildly successful, but I gather that's from it being more a drama than a show about Superman.

I suppose with the new effects, technology, and amount of money put into television today things might be different, though. If they're going to test the waters with live action superheroes, Batman is the guy to go with, though Hulk could also be a good move as well as Captain America or Thor.

Well, if you want to talk about live action comic book series, The Walking Dead has experienced pretty good success.

However, until their budgets get bigger/they're assigned better writers, I'm not really interested in superhero live action series.

Batman is somewhat viable because, as Nolan has shown, you can rely largely on practical effects.

The two Batman animated movies are excellent choices, as is Spider-Man 2 but I'll go ahead with X-Men 2. Thought Brian Cox did a great job as the villain of that film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back