• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strikeforce: Diaz vs Daley LD - Mean Mugging and Cheap Shotting

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
446px-Diazvsdaley.jpg

YOUR MAIN CARD

Strikeforce Welterweight Championship

Nick Diaz (24-7, 1 NC)

Jake-Shields-takes-shots-at-Jason-Mayhem-Miller-after-Strikeforce-title-fight.jpg

VS.

Paul Daley (27-9-2)

o-paul-daley-vs-josh-koscheck-cheat-shot-sucker-punch-ufc-video.jpg

Strikeforce Lightweight Championship

Gilbert Melendez (18-2)

giljosh450.jpg

VS

Tatsuya Kawajiri (27-6-2)

2940931560_b89d79a24f.jpg

Light Heavyweight Bout

Gegard Mousasi (30-3-1)

031_mousasi_vs_sokoudjou.jpg

VS

Keith Jardine (17-9-1)

20090107094236.jpg

Lightweight Bout

Shinya Aoki (26-5, 1 NC)
aoki-finger-2.jpg

VS.

Lyle Beerbohm (16-1)

lyle-beerbohm-2.jpg

The Three Stooges Will Be On Hand!

i0zM5.png

This is a very stacked card. The two main events should be Fight of the Year candidates.

And Keith Jardine took a fight on a week's notice. That's all you need to know about tonight's card.

Showtime is a premium channel, so I'm sure Sly would disapprove of streams.

I had to drop Showtime, couldn't afford it anymore, so I'll be watching this on a stream later tonight I'm sure. Looks like a great card and anytime the Diaz brothers fight you can count me in as a viewer. As a Jardine fan I just hope he doesn't get totally destroyed tonight, but things don't look good for him.

Should be a good show. Oh shit, I just realized this is going head-to-head with Bellator tonight, isn't it? Damn that sucks for Bellator. That's what happens when you have your show on Saturday night in primetime when all the other MMA organizations usually run their shows.

Awesome layout Guy, should've got the techno viking for Jardine though, definitely like 3 stooges part.

It's like s Super Bowl card for Strikeforce.

Can't say that I'll be here tonight so here's who my support goes out to. WAR Diaz, Kawajiri, Aoki, and Jardine. I won't hate seeing Mousasi win either.

I don't think I've ever watched a Strikeforce card live before. Seems like a good time to start.

So I'm watching a stream right now (I think) of the preliminary fights. Or maybe I'm watching an old event, who knows. Do they tape the prelim fights for Strikeforce? Main show doesn't start until 10PM EST, right?

So I'm watching a stream right now (I think) of the preliminary fights. Or maybe I'm watching an old event, who knows. Do they tape the prelim fights for Strikeforce? Main show doesn't start until 10PM EST, right?

Right, though Sherdog has shown the Prelims from Strikeforce in the past, but that should not be happening tonight after Zuffa took away their press credentials from the show.

Right, though Sherdog has shown the Prelims from Strikeforce in the past, but that should not be happening tonight after Zuffa took away their press credentials from the show.

Yeah I read that on Sherdog only a few minutes ago. The first step in the eventual Zuffa murder of Strikeforce has taken place. It's obvious that they're going to be shutting down the entire promotion once their Showtime deal runs out, who knows, maybe even before that if they put all their good fights on their supposed PPV in July and just book crap for the Showtime shows.

Yeah I realized I was watching the last Strikeforce Challengers episode on that stream. Oh well, I'll just have to kill some time until 10 I guess.

maybe even before that if they put all their good fights on their supposed PPV in July and just book crap for the Showtime shows.

Nah, it won't go that far.

Zuffa just simply holds petty grudges, which is why MMA will never be a mainstream success any time soon. There will be a couple of fighters who everyone will like and pay to see, but overall the sport will never be consistent with high ratings and pay-per-view buyrates with Zuffa's agenda and terrible ways of keeping it "business as usual."

Also, the fact that Strikeforce is moving to pay-per-view pisses me off to no end. MMA needs as many GOOD free shows as they can put on, and Strikeforce has been the only MMA promotion to give us those shows, since the UFC just gets more stingy and more stingy with what they're willing to put on for free.

Shit, this show needs to start right now. I've been awake since 6:30 and it's finally catching up to me. If I don't get to see Nick Diaz (Fuck you JMT for making me a fan of his) punk out that piece of shit Paul Daley I'm gonna be sad.

Shit, this show needs to start right now. I've been awake since 6:30 and it's finally catching up to me. If I don't get to see Nick Diaz (Fuck you JMT for making me a fan of his) punk out that piece of shit Paul Daley I'm gonna be sad.

Man, I know that feeling. It's so fucking hard to fight your sleep sometimes. I hope you can make it through.

Luckily though, Strikeforce doesn't bullshit around. Most fights end in finishes, and instead of wasting time to get to the next fight, the fighters clear out, there's a small video package... and boom, the entrances for the next fight begin (which are also very short).

Yeah man, that's why I love SF. They don't typically pussy foot around the fights. They just get the fights done and move on to the next one.

Watching Gomi vs. Florian from one of the last Fight Night's right now while I await this show to start. When's Gomi's next fight in the UFC JMT?

K-Flo has gained my respect. I remember hating his fucking guts when he was set to face BJ back at UFC 101, but that was just because I'm a huge BJ fan.

Gomi doesn't have a fight scheduled. Last I heard he was competing in BJJ.

Anyway, i'm fucking ready to see Gegard poop on Jardine.

...Is this guy's name seriously Lyle "Fancy Pants" Beerbong?

Atleast that's what it totally sounded like he was announced as.

Some fine ass bitches in the front row rocking Nick Diaz shirts.

A-o-ki! A-o-ki! I wonder if he's related to Atsushi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back