• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sons of Anarchy

I liked this episode, but did anyone notice how the 3 new members had the safe with the documents in the final moments?

They are the ones doing the break-ins.

Someone is going to die in jail, and I can't help but think that it will be Opie. It just makes sense how he got put in at the last possible second. I would hate for it to happen since Opie is in my top three along with Jax and Chibs. I'm nervous for this whole scenario with Pope to play out. Also I'm worried how Galindo is going to play a hand in this, just letting the Sons go and getting a new plan in the works. Doesn't sit well.

Jimmy Smits is quickly rising up the ranks as a new favorite character. I mean it's Jimmy Smits. Nero seems to be settling in nicely with Gemma, and in general seems like a decent guy. Something tells me that will change later on, but I hope not. Don't double cross with Jimmy, Kurt!

Really curious what is going to happen with the Nomad members that were voted in when it's found out that they are behind the home invasions. They've been attacking SAMCRO. They really can't get out of this alive, can they? Solid start to the season, and it's only going to get worse for the four in prison. Four more days and we find out.

Fucking heartbroken. I just... I can't believe they killed off Opie. I really can't believe that I'm this depressed about the death of a fictional character. I'm just at a loss.

I really want to see Jax brutally fucking destroy that Guard. and Pope too, for that matter.

Sorry if this spoiled anything for anyone, but at the same time, why are you clicking on this thread the after a new episode has aired if you haven't seen it? Your bad.

Fucking heartbroken. I just... I can't believe they killed off Opie. I really can't believe that I'm this depressed about the death of a fictional character. I'm just at a loss.

I really want to see Jax brutally fucking destroy that Guard. and Pope too, for that matter.

Sorry if this spoiled anything for anyone, but at the same time, why are you clicking on this thread the after a new episode has aired if you haven't seen it? Your bad.

Basically this.

I was actually legitimately upset last night. It ruined my night. I adored Opie and everything he meant to the Sons, and especially to Jax. Add in the fact he sacrificed himself after already having lost so much (Donna, Piney, his new wife, trust in Clay, trust in Jax...) and it was a recipe for meltdown.

What kills me most is that killing the guard, the Warden or even Pope simply won't do justice. Opie meant too much, IMO, to die the way he did, though I do understand from a storyline perspective why he was offed. His death serves two purposes:

1. It galvanizes Jax, who just watched his best friend get beaten to death. If you think you saw "Serious Jax" before that, you're in for a rude awakening.

2. His character had become too unstable to sustain itself within the club. He distrusted everyone, Jax included, up until the very end. There was just no way he'd ever have lived through the amount of time it was going to take to kill off Clay.

Oh, and to the people who claim they're "done" watching SOA because of Opie's death, all I have to say to you is this:

Are you a child? No? Then why are you throwing a hissy fit like one? The show is called Sons of Anarchy, for fucks sake. It's designed from top-to-bottom to depict the lives and choices of a club that operates outside the law. What fairytale world do you live in where you think that means only "bad people" will die?

The fact that you could be so torn up about the death is a testament to just how powerful the writing is, not an indictment of failure.

The second blow was just devastating. An overwhelming feeling legitimately came over me. Just the shock of the whole thing. Opie was my favorite character, and by the apparent outcry by everybody on Twitter, Facebook, and the like, a lot of other's as well. In my post last week I had said that I thought it would be Opie. I hate that my prediction was correct. I had the urge to cry and punch things in my direct vacinity last night, that's how much it hit me. That was just a brutal way for Op to go out.

I get why it happened, and I really hope the payoff down the road will be worth it, but I just don't know if it will upon thinking about it for a prolonged period of time. I can't wait to see Jax fuck shit up though. Something says discretion at first, but in the future, maybe not this season or next, maybe in season 7 if it does go that far, but Pope, the guard, and I can't help but think those four dudes that did it are getting fucked up.

I commended Kurt Sutter last night on twitter because he was able to get such a strong emotional reaction from me. I don't know if I can watch that scene again for a while. Just way too gnarly for me, right now.

This next thing is just a quick mention because right now they are about 10 cars back in importance to me. Two things that undoubtedly gets lost because of Opie's death are Clay screwing up Nero's operation and the whole Abel's mother debacle that Gemma is trying to start.

Oh, and to the people who claim they're "done" watching SOA because of Opie's death, all I have to say to you is this:

Are you a child? No? Then why are you throwing a hissy fit like one? The show is called Sons of Anarchy, for fucks sake. It's designed from top-to-bottom to depict the lives and choices of a club that operates outside the law. What fairytale world do you live in where you think that means only "bad people" will die?

The fact that you could be so torn up about the death is a testament to just how powerful the writing is, not an indictment of failure.

My mom told me people were saying this kind of shit on the message boards and all that stuff. My instant reaction was "They are full of shit." You'll keep watching because you want to see how the club reacts to the killing of Op. Nobody knows just yet. I want to see how Bobby, Juice, Happy and Clay take it. Clay is the reason this has all happened in the first place.

And what about Lyla and the kids? The kids and have lost their mother, grandfather, and now father. What the hell else is going to happen to them?

I'm not going to lie, between the trailer for last night's episode, the Facebook posts I read leading up to last night's show and my girlfriend telling me not to check social media before watching the show (I have to watch the encore at 1am because of work), I knew something very big was going to happen and that a major character was actually going to die. About halfway through the episode I knew it was going to be Opie. That scene when Jax and him are sitting in the cell and Jax is spilling his guts about Piney and Clay... I knew then. I hoped and prayed it wouldn't be, that somehow Jax would save the day... I have to admit that after seeing Opie's death, I briefly considered not watching any more, but I've since had time to think it through and just realized it's a testament to Sutter's writing. He took a character that wasn't supposed to make it through the first season and we all fell in love with him. I feel like we all lost a brother last night and in many ways we did.

Nate, I'm just as distraught about this as you. Opie was my favorite character and I feel like there's no way the show can possibly progress without him, but the show must go on. I think Jax can find a way to save Tigg if he wants. I just hope we don't lose Chibbs somewhere down the line.

Is it weird that in spite of Opie's death, I actually am liking Pope's character? He's such an evil bastard that at times he seems good and genuine. I really hope that Jax finds that guard and we get a retaliation the size of Kohn.

This one's for you, brother:

[youtube]CCh4Hndpwho[/youtube]

I sucks that Opie is dead, & I feel bad for his children, they've lost their mother (clearly the most tragic), father, & grandfather all to the club within the last 5 seasons, & all those deaths are the results of Tig & Clay's stupid bullshit. I can see Opies death really pushing Jax in a much darker direction to where he starts to become more like Clay than JT.

Anybody that is going to stop watching the show now is fucking stupid, why would you stop now? do you not want to see the Jax & the rest of the Sons get their revenge? do you not want to see the prison guard, Pope, & anyone else involved in this fucking die for what happened to Opie? I obviously can't promise that is going to happen but I can tell you that if you stop watching now you're just doing yourself a disservice & guaranteeing that you are miss out on some great moments.

I sucks that Opie is dead, & I feel bad for his children, they've lost their mother (clearly the most tragic), father, & grandfather all to the club within the last 5 seasons, & all those deaths are the results of Tig & Clay's stupid bullshit. I can see Opies death really pushing Jax in a much darker direction to where he starts to become more like Clay than JT.

Anybody that is going to stop watching the show now is fucking stupid, why would you stop now? do you not want to see the Jax & the rest of the Sons get their revenge? do you not want to see the prison guard, Pope, & anyone else involved in this fucking die for what happened to Opie? I obviously can't promise that is going to happen but I can tell you that if you stop watching now you're just doing yourself a disservice & guaranteeing that you are miss out on some great moments.

This is exactly how I feel about it. Not only are they throwing a hissy fit, but they're robbing themselves of whatever semblance of justice is left in the whole story there.

I fuckin' hate that Opie is gone, but I also absolutely get why. No character death on the show (including Tara or one of his boys), would have been more solidifying in terms of solidifying him as "King" of the club now. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that Tara or one of the boys dying would have pushed him away from the club, not farther into it, and certainly not into the absolute position he now holds.

Remember the scene following it with Tig "below" him as Jax was explaining what was going to happen? That was no coincidence. Jax is no longer playing king. He is king, despite the cost it took to make it happen.

As the saying goes "Heavy is the crown".

I also think this one's a little better a song selection for Opie's remembrance:

[YOUTUBE]PbeIv39s04s[/YOUTUBE]

Picked a "good" time to get all caught up. Wow. Season 5 has been amazing which is good because I was a little disappointed with the last episode of season 4. One of my complaints was no one died. Now I find myself wishing I was just complaining but it does set up a ton of great plot points. I will maintain a sliver of hope Opie isn't actually dead though.

Picked a "good" time to get all caught up. Wow. Season 5 has been amazing which is good because I was a little disappointed with the last episode of season 4. One of my complaints was no one died. Now I find myself wishing I was just complaining but it does set up a ton of great plot points. I will maintain a sliver of hope Opie isn't actually dead though.

Na dude, did you see the previews for next week's episode? If not, well let's just say that it's pretty clear that he's dead.

I get what you mean on the 4th season finale. I would have been pissed if that was my lasting impression for the past year, but I just got caught up on the show a couple weeks ago so I didn't have to wait too long. A bit of a disappointment after the awesome ending of the 3rd season.

Na dude, did you see the previews for next week's episode? If not, well let's just say that it's pretty clear that he's dead.

I get what you mean on the 4th season finale. I would have been pissed if that was my lasting impression for the past year, but I just got caught up on the show a couple weeks ago so I didn't have to wait too long. A bit of a disappointment after the awesome ending of the 3rd season.

I just watched the end of season 4 last night so I had an even better deal than you. I guess now I will experience your pain on having to wait a week. I doubt I will start watching the previews but I know Opie is actually dead because it makes too much plot sense for him to be but since I just watched him die like 15 minutes ago I needed that sliver of denial you bastard.

Yeah, the season 3 ending is what made the season 4 ender a little disappointing. It was actually part of what makes the show great though. They saved it by not cutting the storylines off and continuing them to get to the good stuff this season. Ballsy move in TV but the body of work they have put together on this show allows them to try such things. One of the better zig just when you think they are going to zag shows I have seen in a long time.

What do people want to see from Clay? A moment of redemption or him finally get what he deserves?

What do people want to see from Clay? A moment of redemption or him finally get what he deserves?

Personally, I want to see Jax slit Clays throat, though not until they get clear of everything with the CIA/RICO shit. I think Clay is past the point of redemption, as is Tig for that matter, the difference between Tig & Clay at this point is that I beleive Tig is fine with dying, where I think Clay is not (yet anyway), & would rather tear the club down (that co-founded btw) than allow Jax to take in a different direction.

Personally, I want to see Jax slit Clays throat, though not until they get clear of everything with the CIA/RICO shit. I think Clay is past the point of redemption, as is Tig for that matter, the difference between Tig & Clay at this point is that I beleive Tig is fine with dying, where I think Clay is not (yet anyway), & would rather tear the club down (that co-founded btw) than allow Jax to take in a different direction.

I wanted Jax to kill him in spite of everything at the end of season 4 but now I do not know how I feel. Looking at Clay's character overall you have to find it hard to believe he isn't going to do something devious but it could make for an interesting red herring throughout the season if he wasn't. I assume what he is doing right now is "just part of the mission" but the question is what is it that he wants? If Jax is about to go off the deep end then I could see a hell of a redemption moment for Clay if he stepped in to save Jax from going down a path he ultimately regretted. However, the show tends to shy away from creating such moments if they don't fit the character/lifestyle so I am not sure how likely such a story would be.

Wow.

The whole ending scene with Jax walking to the body was incredibly powerful and heart-breaking. Everything from him looking over that photo of him and Opie as kids, right down to the closing of the hearse.

And a bit of a human/sobering moment from Clay in the process? I still hate that piece of shit, and want him dead, but if it's genuine that's a great precursor to what could be an even more emotional culmination with his story.

RIP Opie.

Wow.

The whole ending scene with Jax walking to the body was incredibly powerful and heart-breaking. Everything from him looking over that photo of him and Opie as kids, right down to the closing of the hearse.

I was tearing up a bit. I had a feeling his picture would be of him and Opie, but I didn't think of the symmetry with the kids at the beginning until we saw what the picture was. It was beautiful. My brother brought it up as I was texting him. The end with Opie, not only was it the wake for the club, but we as fans got to say good bye to him as well. I'm gonna miss Opie on my television screen sitting at that table.

And a bit of a human/sobering moment from Clay in the process? I still hate that piece of shit, and want him dead, but if it's genuine that's a great precursor to what could be an even more emotional culmination with his story.

Clay has done some evil shit in his time, and I won't try and defend him. But him having a human moment at the end of the wake was indeed a big thing, if genuine. Hopefully he does have some redemption, but you never know.

Without a doubt, Jax is the leader of this club now. We had the "King" visual last week, and now everybody standing up as the President walks down to say good bye to his best friend. Ahh that whole scene, man. Just beautiful.

RIP Opie.

sons-of-anarchy-opie.jpg

Obviously another solid episode. I've been torn up for a week about Opie and tonight's episode made me feel a little at peace. I think we all can feel easier now. Greg Holden's "The Lost Boy" was an amazing choice for a song during the wake scene. Can not wait to see Jax get revenge on the guard even if it won't be for another season, like we had to wait with Stahl.

Nero's character is kind of confusing me. I keep expecting him to turn on the club. Even the description of tonight's episode said that the club would meet a new enemy. I guess that was about the bangers?

Clay is going to be around for a long time, he won't die until the last episodes of the series in my opinion.

Obviously another solid episode. I've been torn up for a week about Opie and tonight's episode made me feel a little at peace. I think we all can feel easier now. Greg Holden's "The Lost Boy" was an amazing choice for a song during the wake scene.

I teared up a bit during that whole scene. It really goes to show just how big of a piece Opie was to this show, of all the Sons that have died over the past 5 seasons he's the only Son that got basically a whole episode built around the club saying goodbye to their fallen brother, as well as teh fans saying goodbye to a character they've grown to love, I miss Ope & can't see this show or the club ever being the same without him. He'll be missed to say the least.

Can not wait to see Jax get revenge on the guard even if it won't be for another season, like we had to wait with Stahl.

I think one of the things that made Stahls death all the more satisfying is the fact that Sutter made us wait so long before giving us her death scene, I don't think we'll have to wait another season though, I think we could get that by the end of this season. Pope on the other hand is likely going to be a villein who's death may take a few years, & sadly I think we're going to lose a few more Sons in the process.

Nero's character is kind of confusing me. I keep expecting him to turn on the club. Even the description of tonight's episode said that the club would meet a new enemy. I guess that was about the bangers?

I think the new enemy is probably Nero's cunt partner. She already put Jax & Chibs is danger by calling the bangers to tell them where they can find the ****e, & then after Gemma & Tara confronted her she nearly choked Gemma to death before Tara decided to beat the living shit out of her. I just don't see her going away quietly, especially now that Nero is doing business with the club.

Clay is going to be around for a long time, he won't die until the last episodes of the series in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the last season is going to be built just around his & Jax issues, & is going to lead to the rest of the club having to make a choice between the old king or the new king.

We have all been so caught up in the Clay and Jax stuff with good reason but I am starting to find the Tara and Gemma stuff to be really interesting. Just what is going on with Tara and where is it headed? Tara transforming into the new head bitch while Gemma spirals out of control has captivated me. I am not looking forward to whatever happens to Nero's son.

We have all been so caught up in the Clay and Jax stuff with good reason but I am starting to find the Tara and Gemma stuff to be really interesting. Just what is going on with Tara and where is it headed? Tara transforming into the new head bitch while Gemma spirals out of control has captivated me. I am not looking forward to whatever happens to Nero's son.

Gemma is quite out of control. She realizes that she is no longer the Queen, and she can't handle all the change. She's playing games that will eventually get somebody hurt. Not only Tara and Wendy, but the whole thing between Nero and Clay, old man vs. new man. Wouldn't have been a big deal had she not kicked Ashley Tisdale's ass. It's a good secondary story after the club issues.

Something is gonna happen to Nero's son? That's quite depressing if it does. An innocent child with MS is gonna be gone after? That's all kinds of fucked up.

Just got caught up on the most recent episode and good lord was that final five minutes a bummer. Seeing every member of the club have a final moment with Opie was really sad, and Jax's picture was heart breaking, along with his "I'll see ya later brother." Fantastic writing from Sutter.

I love the character of Damon Pope, but as of last week I am rooting so hard to see him die. Nothing against him because I thought he was justified initially, but by killing Ope he crossed a line and I am curious to see where that line gets crossed again.

Gemma and Tara is getting interesting. I had lost interest in both characters until Gemma became this wild card again. She's playing the devil and the angel on the shoulder of Tara and it's interesting to see such an intelligent character get played so easily. Also, Nero was smart to take the deal with Jax and back away from Gemma based on the way she's going. Not that I think that distance will last but it made sense.

I am still really digging this season and I truly believe it is shaping up to be the best written season of the entire series. Last years was the most engaging, but there is something special about this season. The punches aren't being held back in the writing room and it's a rollercoaster to see where things go.

The last episode was kind of weird,funny and oh no.

The fight with Jax and the leader of the IRA was intense didn't know who won that fight but felt like it needed to happen, but whe he destroyed the bikes after had to think Jax won the fight. Chibs was pissed.

The stuff with the fat guy his step son and the tranny was hilarious. Trig's demeanor was funny you didn't know if he was seriously annoyed or he wanted to fuck the tranny especially after Juice says "dude really" then the guys step son walks in and once again more laughter.

It looked like this episode was going to come down off the high of death that has been the early part of the season and make us laugh a bit but then Suter kicks it back in high gear with the shooting of the Sherriffs pregnant wife by the home invaders which now after she scratched one I believe it's the former nomads who where voted in especially Chuck Zito (the neck is a dead give away) the new members where a little antsy when Chibs explained that the Sons don't mess around with the town they protect it.

Questions going forward is what does the sherriff do next and will he cross the line in the name of revenge, will he mess with Juice again and does Pope play a role in it.

It looked like this episode was going to come down off the high of death that has been the early part of the season and make us laugh a bit but then Suter kicks it back in high gear with the shooting of the Sherriffs pregnant wife by the home invaders which now after she scratched one I believe it's the former nomads who where voted in especially Chuck Zito (the neck is a dead give away) the new members where a little antsy when Chibs explained that the Sons don't mess around with the town they protect it.

This should be common knowledge by now. We saw Greg the Peg's peg at the end of the first episode when they invaded Gemma's home and kicked the crap out of Unser. If that wasn't enough, they even showed them with all the stuff they took from the homes in I think the next episode. I hope people stop to read this.

THE NOMADS ARE THE HOME INVADERS!!!

It's going to come back and bite the club in the ass too. First they invade the house of the sheriff and then his pregnant wife is shot in the stomach. Fantastic assholes, you've just brought unnecessary heat on the club. I don't like the nomads, or former nomads, if you couldn't tell.

The tranny and the insurance agent were hilarious. I was nearly in tears. Walter Goggins deserves a round of applause for those scenes. Comedy gold. And it just goes to show that Tig doesn't care. His bite in the ass was also quite funny. "Why is it always me?" I responded with "You're the reason Opie is dead, ya asshat." and then my friends laughed because it was true, lol.

Getting in bed with Jacob Hale is interesting. I'm curious where it will lead long term, but now Nero gets Diosa Norte running with the Cara Cara girls.

As far as Jax and Gaelan (spelling?), I thought it was great. Gaelan was acting like an ass towards Jax, and they finally got the beef out in the open. The fight was pretty cool, and Gaelan shooting the bikes felt like a test for Jax. Jax didn't show his "hot headedness". Hopefully going forward Gaelan will be more civil towards Jax.

I don't know if the home invasions storyline is as simple as just being the nomads. Remember this was the first time they went after a non-samcro related residence. Who is pulling the strings behind their actions? Is it Clay? Might it be the cartel? I can't remember the timeline of when the invasions started vs the need for a plan B developing for the cartel. Did anyone get a good look at what that marriage certificate said they found in Clay's safe?

I have a bad feeling about these invasions and Jax's kids. Anything happening, especially while Tara was smoking up, would make a good transition to a custody case.

This weeks episode had a little bit of everything and did well to continue this wild season. Should be interesting to see how the sheriff reacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back