• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sons of Anarchy

Definitely a major change of pace as far as the action was concerned in our thirteenth and final week. The Rico swerve was without a doubt the best and probably only way they could [at least for now] they could get the club out of it. Eventually all Hell is going to break loose with the 9ers and now the Irish too, apparently.

Lincoln Potter ended up being decent? The scene with he and Roosevelt was hilarious. "You're an odd dude." And the scene where he ruins Hale's plans was hysterically disturbing... The Doll of Sumyung Boy? Wow.

One thing I'm unclear of is if Tara is going to turn into Gemma, though, simply because of the fade-out into the picture.

The scene at the end was truly awesome as usual. I really want to know who did the song that was playing. They did an amazing job with the remnants of the club sitting at the table. It felt so right to see Jax claim his spot at the head of the table.

On an interesting side note, a good friend of mine's brother is actually on one of the soundtracks, and I didn't even know it...

[youtube]S4P5URTv9aU[/youtube]

The Season Finale was rather lackluster compared to the rest of the season. The reveal at the start of the episode before the Irish meet was rather expected.

As a season premier this would have been a very good show because it seemed to be much more focused on next season instead of winding down this season.

Tara still gets on my nerves, I wish she would have listened to Jax so I wouldn't have to put up with her next season, Juice still has to get what's coming to him (he's still a snitch) The Hospital scene with Jax and Clay was probably the best part of the episode, even though knew exactly how it was going to go down from the start since he couldn't kill him.

I enjoyed the part at the end where Jax told Tig that he didn't have the seat at the right hand anymore.

overall, just wasn't an episode that should have been a finale.

Right now for this one I'm listening to Dad's Gonna Kill Me from I think the first or second episode last season. Seems right for this.

[YOUTUBE]G-yySxecVAg[/YOUTUBE]

The shock of RICO not being able to bust in was insane. Tweeted to INDYjon just "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW". Did not expect that, and didn't think that Galindo was working with the CIA. Shocked as hell when that happened. Then Gaelen not going through with the deal because of his lack of trust with Jax, I thought that was a bitch move, but it's understandable because Clay has been the one dealing with the Irish for damn near 20 years.

Once that happened, and Romeo revealed that he was CIA to Jax, damn man the look on Jax' face was like he was gonna kill someone right then and there. Now he can't tell anyone (though he told Tara) what the deal is otherwise the club gets screwed. Damn that is a lot of pressure, but I think next season he will rise to the challenge.

The scene of the episode for me was the confrontation with Jax and Clay. Clay wanted to say something, but Jax was having none. Could this come up next season? Or is it just nothing? Jax is the right man for the job, and there is no question there, and his exchange with Gemma was a weird one. Could he be done with his mother and his step-father from a personal standpoint? Or was it just in the moment when walking out of the hospital?

Opie. I love this guy and I can't blame him for not trusting Jax or even the club in general. They have taken so much from him, his freedom when he went to jail, his wife, his father. That's a lot to ask, and I have no doubts about his apprehension of anything pro-club. However, I hope he comes back next season and takes his spot as Jax' VP. It doesn't seem right for anyone but him to be in that spot.

Chibbs as the Sgt. At Arms is right. I don't think Tig has the loyalty to Jax as he does to Clay. Chibbs does and he is right for the job. Is Bobby going to be the Treasurer? If not, who can take that spot over? I'm curious where the season is going to lead off next year. Months down the line? Weeks? Is Opie back and gonna be more club oriented with Jax at the helm? Will Clay layover and just be a regular member?

Lastly, I loved the end of the episode. The parallel that Jax/Tara have to JT/Gemma is great. Having to wait another 9 1/2 months is going to suck!

That finale was amazing! So much happened and it was completely unexpected too! I was really hoping Jax would kill Clay, but then I got to thinking leading into the episode and thought having him at the table but not as President would be punishment for him, which leads me into Gaelen not wanting to deal with Jax, which is understandable because of everything that has happened and it's an interesting reason to keep Clay around.

When Jax and Opie talked, you could sense the distrust from Opie towards Jax and the club. When Jax asked him to be the VP I went bat shit crazy with excitement. The end scene where Jax looks up, I was totally hoping for Opie. I have a feeling it will take a little bit, but I think Opie will be back with the club by mid-season at best next year.

When Tig tried to take the Sgt. at Arms chair and Jax stopped him, I was kind of surprised but then again, like you've all noticed, Tig doesn't have the loyalty to Jax like Chibs does. Chibs is the right man for the job, no pun intended.

I was shocked all to hell to find out that Galindo is working with the CIA and the weight of all of that on Jax is going to really play into next season. When he told Tara and told her to leave and take the boys, I really felt for him as he had just spent the entire season trying to get out and leave , but maybe now he can take the club in the right direction since he will be president.

I can't wait for next season!

Also, the two songs I'm listening to from this season are by Noah Gundersen, one called " Family " and the other " David ". I can't remember which scene " Family " is from, but " David " is from when Opie takes off and Jax chases after him.

Very average finale for what was a fantastic season. I honestly believe this was the second greatest season of any show ever. However, I also firmly believe that the last two episodes should have been rolled up into one 90 minute finale. The final ten minutes were fantastic, but the rest was slow. It needed the action of episode 13, but also needed the final moments of episode 14. Seeing Tara and Jax finally assume the role of JT and Gemma was simply stunning, and while I thought they should have set up the Oakland gangster by the end, I am happy that was the final image.

However, the season will sure as hell be tough to top. Sutter wants to go for 7 seasons, I thought that was the route he would go from the first season, but it'll almost certainly pail in comparison to what we have to just witnessed. The Oakland player will obviously be a big focus next season, and I find it hard not to sympathize with that crew. Also, I think Clay will assume a Piney-esque role. Obviously he won't be as loved as Piney, but I think he will be a voice that Jax listens to now that he is in control. I can't wait to see where it goes.

Just got to say i absolutely love the show, my favorite by far.

I thought the season finale of 4 could've been better but i'm still excited about what's going to happen next.

Can't wait for season 5, i'm alittle bit lost having to wait another 6 months for it to start up again haha.

[YOUTUBE]oc6SfGtocUs[/YOUTUBE]

My guess is that this has to be some kind of allusion to how Clay killed Jax' father with the help of Gemma. There's no way they'd release a teaser like this showing Jax fly off a cliff like that if he was actually killed off the show, especially after they just renewed for two more seasons.

Thoughts on the teaser?

Good God, I can't wait for the show to start back up. I started watching some episodes from season 1 the other day just to tide me over. I'm not going to look into the teaser too much. I feel like every FX show has a ridiculous trailer that really has nothing to do with the season, but if it does... I'd say it's probably more metaphorical and has to do with Jax's struggle against Clay, but if my memory serves Clay was still out of it at the end of last season. Does anyone know how far into the future season 5 is going to be?

That's really funny because I started rewatching Season One today because I was going through Sons withdrawl. Plus my friend went to Comic Con in San Diego and saw the SOA cast there and got pictures, hate her so much right now. The trailer is quite a trip but I'm gonna have to agree with IDR and say that it's all an allusion to the stuff about John Teller, and I am thinking that they're going to play the bits of Clay rising to the President seat alongside Jax in present time doing the same. Basically how Jax is going to turn into Clay even though all he wants to do is not be like him, anyway they play it I have faith in Kurt Sutter and I'm beyond excited.

I've kinda been an on-again off-again fan of this show. I missed the first half of season one so some of the setup is lost to me. What I have seen of the show has impressed me. It seems realistic in its portrayal of a biker gang and it is one of the few good shows that FX has left. I missed the final 4 episodes or so of season 4 and most of season 3[although I've seen the reruns on FX late night]. I like how they keep teasing that Jax will kill Clay once he discovers the truth about John Teller. It'll be interesting to see how Jax reacts to Gemma as well. So many different elements to ponder. Least of all how Opie might find out about Clay murdering his old man.

Helluva premiere.

Absolutely love the choice to add Harold Perrineau (Oz, Felon, 28 Weeks Later) to the cast as well. His work in Felon should leave no doubts to his ability to play the role he's being thrust into here. Textbook selection IMO. The scene of him burning Tig's daughter alive in retaliation for Tig killing his own daughter in last seasons' finale is all the proof you need of just how vile a villain he can play. That scene was tough to watch. As up and down as Tig is in the love/hate picture, you had to feel for him there.

Much as I wanted Jax at the head of the table, I have to be honest — it actually looks pretty awkward yet, though I'm sure that'll change as time passes.

Any early predictions on the home invasions?

Helluva premiere.

Absolutely love the choice to add Harold Perrineau (Oz, Felon, 28 Weeks Later) to the cast as well. His work in Felon should leave no doubts to his ability to play the role he's being thrust into here. Textbook selection IMO. The scene of him burning Tig's daughter alive in retaliation for Tig killing his own daughter in last seasons' finale is all the proof you need of just how vile a villain he can play. That scene was tough to watch. As up and down as Tig is in the love/hate picture, you had to feel for him there.

Much as I wanted Jax at the head of the table, I have to be honest — it actually looks pretty awkward yet, though I'm sure that'll change as time passes.

Any early predictions on the home invasions?

Nomads were behind the home invasions (obviously), but who put them up to it is the question I don't know the answer to. Maybe Clay? Pope? Someone else from the past?

Season premiere was intense.

I suspect we'll get some Pope vs. Gallindo action at some point this season. It seems like the SAMCRO boys are in too deep. Should be interesting to see how they manage to squeak their way out of these situations.

How is it obvious that the Nomads are behind the home invasions? Maybe I missed something entirely early on, but I don't recall seeing any kind of hint at the Nomads. Did one of them have one leg?

Clay certainly has reason to be behind something like this,, but I just don't see the connection for why the Nomads are "obvious" here.

How is it obvious that the Nomads are behind the home invasions? Maybe I missed something entirely early on, but I don't recall seeing any kind of hint at the Nomads. Did one of them have one leg?

Clay certainly has reason to be behind something like this,, but I just don't see the connection for why the Nomads are "obvious" here.

One of the newest additions to SAMCRO was "Greg The Peg." He put his "leg" up on Filthy Phil's shoulder after they were introduced at the table. Maybe I should've explained that in my last post.

It didn't sound as though they killed anyone during these home invasions. One was a mechanic. Not sure how he would play into any of the current storylines. Maybe something to do in the past with John and Clay. I don't know.

When they're voting the Nomads in, if you look closing when the one puts his foot up on the chubby guys (his name escapes me at the moment) shoulder, you can see he has artificial foot, then at the very end they clearly show that one of the home invaders has an artificial foot, I didn't notice until I watched it the second time.

I was really impressed with the season 5 premiere. The stage has been set for so many changes within the club and with Jax and everyone else personally. I was taken aback at the slaying of Tigs' daughter by the Pope guy. That was especially brutal and kind of poetic while setting the stage for future ramifications for SAMCRO and their rival gangs. It also kinda looks like Clay might be pondering suicide from what he said in that episode to Gemma and what was shown for next week. It'll be interesting to see if Clay doesn't tell Jax about Gemma's involvement in JT's death and if Tara will eventually tell Jax about her involvement anyway. This season seems to definetely be the one all about change and how the past affects the present. Well done.

Just watched the season 5 premier, and hot damn does this season have some major potential. Nero and Pope already have me in the palm of their hands. Especially Pope. You can just tell he is the kind of guy who is a family man, who doesn't like violence, but is still ruthless on the inside. His scene with Tig was heartbreaking, and you could just feel the justification from both sides. Nero is a wildcard. We don't know him, yet he is already being counted on by Gemma and the club. I also especially loved the new bikers, especially Frankie Diamonds. Chuck Zito is the man and I hope his role gets bigger and bigger this season. Should be a fantastic season.

You guys have no idea how excited I was when I just logged in hoping to see this thread popup in my CP.

The premier was fantastic, in my opinion. It looks like we're truly picking up where season 4 left off. Did anyone else notice the irony of Clay with the oxygen tank, how he's wound up like Piney? Tigg's daughter burning alive was absolutely nuts! I love that Jax is finally the prez and Chibbs was an awesome choice for Sgt. at Arms! I can't wait to find out more about Opie as he has always been one of my favorites. The new characters seem to be pretty perfect as well. I also couldn't believe that Laroy (sp?) was just offed and we didn't get to see it. Tara's smoking weed and Gemma is gettin' railed by Mexican pimps. Crazy! Truly one of the best shows out there, as I've said many times before.

That premiere was intense. I don't know if there has been an episode as violent as this one before. Everything about it was just brutal, blood thirsty, and all out awesome. You can tell that Damon Pope means business, and that he's going to be a real thorn in the side of the MC.

Adding Jimmy Smits to the cast was a good call, and I really want to see where his character goes this season. I'm kind of hoping he ends up being evil, because he plays a good bad guy (see Dexter). Also, Harold Perrineau was an awesome choice for Damon Pope. I've always been a fan of his, and I'm glad to see him play such a ruthless character.

Jax being at the head of the table is going to take some getting used to, but Sutter's writing is so solid that I'm sure it'll end up working to perfection. I'm also readily awaiting Opie's return to the table. Opie has always been my favorite character, so it's nice to see part of the story revolving around his decision. I think his character is going to be a lot more cold than usual. No more big teddy bear.

Tig has probably the most interesting storyline in the season so far. Firstly his guilt over killing an innocent girl because of Clay's lies, the fact that he doesn't know what to think about Clay, completely questioning his loyalty to him. And then obviously the horrific slaying of his daughter. I think he's on the edge, and he's about to snap and cause complete chaos. Kim Coates in an amazing actor, and I think he'll pull it off to perfection, as always.

The only complaint I have about the premier is how trivialized and weak they made the One Niners look. Laroy has been a big part of the show since the first episode, and the Niners have always been shown to be big time players. The fact that they killed off Laroy and made it look so trivial (I'm kind of hoping that he's not actually dead, seeing as how no one ever saw his face) kind of bothered me. I was looking forward to seeing his interaction with Damon Pope. And then his replacement was made to look like a total bitch, which was kind of humorous, but further degraded the gang and made them look like nothing more than a bunch of uneducated errand boys. I'm hoping that gets turned around, and time will well.

All in all, the premier definitely caught my attention, as well as everyone that watched it. I sense there will be a lot more shock and awe this season, and a lot of cliffhanger endings. I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode. I can't wait.

. Did anyone else notice the irony of Clay with the oxygen tank, how he's wound up like Piney?

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that too. I actually told my brother the same thing when we watched the premiere. It's funny that Clay wound up in the same rough shape as Piney and is now at the mercy of a younger club member just like Piney was before his own death. You can definetely tell the SOA writers were going for the whole karma 'what goes around comes around' feel to that. That's what I love about SOA; attention to detail and the overall consistent quality tying everything together. Not a single flaw can be found in any part of the show. I just wish the season were longer. Although you can tell that Kurt Sutter[show creator] was influenced by his work on "The Shield" with shorter seasons equalling higher quality episodes. Sons has become one of my favorite shows on television with only Breaking Bad edging SOA out[not by much, though]. Once Breaking Bad ends next year, looks like Sons may be the best quality weekly television show left standing.

Just got a chance to watch season 5, and all I can say is holy shit! That was crazy, it does seem they had a bit more skin showing than the last 4 seasons. The first episode left me with tons of question. One I haven't seen mentioned is how Tara was smoking, either a cigarette or weed I couldn't tell what it was made out to be, and she turned her baby monitor off ignoring Thomas crying. Then the whole Nero/gema thing. Also why the fuck are the nomads behind the invasions??? I have no plausible explanation at this point so I'm physced about the coming episodes

On a side note, I thought I remember reading up on the first 9 some time ago and one guy was named 'takashi' or some other generic Japanese name, the description said something about him being one of JTs war buddies and him being the only Japanese SOA member..I also remember it saying that it is unknown whether he is dead or alive. But it seems as if this article has disappeared! So does anyone else remember something like this or ami just making stuff up? And if I am correct and this actually was something, then why did they scrape it?

Also another thing, when were we told about jaxs brother,Thomas,being sick and dying? I remember hearing stuff about "when Thomas got sick" abd stuff like that, then it went on to calling him "your brother" 2"when talking to jax, but I don't it ever tells us how he got sick or any other details, I only found out about Thomas because of the SOA wiki page.

I totally agree with all of you saying about how intense the Season 5 Premiere was. I was quite shocked at how Tig's daughter was taken and killed. I kind of knew that was coming though but at least now we will get to see Tig unleash his true 'full on' crazy and unpredictable side.

Not sure what to think of Clay, I agree with it being ironic how he is now using a oxygen tank just like Piney. I may be the only one thinking this but I think he is truly now just a broken man. I feel sorry for him, especially when he was looking at the picture of him and Tig.

But all in all, I can not wait to see how this season progresses.

Watched episode 2 late last night when I got home from work and I have to say, I am always left wanting more. We got a glimpse of how crazy Nero can be. I just wonder if he's going to become a detriment to the club allowing them to stay in his facility. Can someone make me an Opie sig? I have to say that he is by far my favorite character on the show and has been for a long time. Who would've thought that Sutter wanted to kill him off at the end of season 1? Can't wait to see more with Pope or what happens to the guys in jail.

I kind of wish I would have waited until the series was completely finished before I got into it because this waiting week to week shit is fucking killer.

Opie beating down the Sheriff to get himself locked up with Jax was a great moment. I just wonder, with Opie's prior record in mind, if Jax, Tig, and Chibs get cleared of the murder rap, how exactly is Opie going to get out? He's not going to be exonerated, there were a bunch of cops watching him do it. Hopefully they don't just let this fall by the wayside and they explain a way out of it.

Next week's episode looks nutty. Can't wait.

I kind of wish I would have waited until the series was completely finished before I got into it because this waiting week to week shit is fucking killer.

Opie beating down the Sheriff to get himself locked up with Jax was a great moment. I just wonder, with Opie's prior record in mind, if Jax, Tig, and Chibs get cleared of the murder rap, how exactly is Opie going to get out? He's not going to be exonerated, there were a bunch of cops watching him do it. Hopefully they don't just let this fall by the wayside and they explain a way out of it.

Next week's episode looks nutty. Can't wait.

I was wondering the same thing. My daughter seems to think a son will die in prison so maybe Opie will not be getting out. He set it up so that his kids were taken in so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back