Should kids be told that WWE is scripted?

When my mom told me that wrestling was fake, I cried and blurted a curse word. In return, I was not allowed to watch WCW Nitro. In protest, I watched ECW on a black and white TV, on a local station... ECW violence made me certain that my mom was an idiot.

I believed wrestling was real until I read this thread. :confused:

The fun and interest is always more when you think it is real than when you learn it is fake. I used to tune in every show hoping that the good guys will beat the bad guys, and used to be really happy when that happened. But now I waste too much time analysing things and wondering why this happened and why not that... so much so that I'm unable to enjoy a show thoroughly from start to finish, which I could do earlier because I thought it was all real. I feel a kid should be left to find that out himself or from friends, and in the meantime enjoy wrestling as much as he can, because once he figures that out, wrestling for him is never, eeeeeever, gonna be the same, again.

I was about 12 years old when the 20/20 special came on in early 80's explaining how wrestling was fake. Everyone in my age group watched it too. I remember the next day at school throwing air punches while we stomped our feet.

Things are different today. As the parent of a 4 year old now I'd rather him learn things from me than from the outside, whether they are good things or bad. My kid watches now and when he is old enough to understand I will tell him. I dont think many of the people in today's generation even care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back