WWE is doing storylines on Raw that their new audience clearly isn't familiar with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you feel the audience is too new to understand or appreciate any of these storylines? Is WWE wasting their time doing them? Why or why not?

I don't think that WWE is wasting their time by doing these storylines because they have put together video clips of the older events to help refresh memories of older fans at the same time as introducing those events to the younger fans.

For example, the Bret Hart stuff. Some of the younger fans will have no clue who he is other than maybe that he got into the Hall of Fame. The video clips they put together of Bret's time in the WWE as well as the screwjob did a great job of showing the new fans that Bret was at one time one of the top guys in WWE, was involved with a controversial situation, and is a legend. They knew that after watching the video clips.

Same with Tyson but to a lesser extent. The clips from Wrestlemania 14 were shown and some clips from Raw's leading up to it. The new fans got to see what this was all about. It's not the same as it is to us older fans who remember seeing those events when they originally happened, but it still works and gets the job done.

Revisiting older storylines and feuds to add a conclusion to them is not really wasting any time because it reminds older fans of the original events and the new fans get to find out that at the same time. It's a good way to conclude feuds like Tyson/DX and Hart/HBK/Vince. See what I mean?

The bret hart thing may not ring a bell with a few of the younger kids but it is still no reason to complain. Now i am a wrestling fan but it seems there are some people that cannot be pleased. i thought Bret would be something every wrestling fan could rally behind, i mean BRET HART ON RAW.

I guess it was wishful thinking...

i see what you mean, i marked out over seeing hbk and bret in the ring last week, but like u say there wasn't too much pop from the live audience

i didn't mark out as much over the tyson thing though, but that's because tyson was so bad lol, him attempting to wrestle was cringe worthy

thing is i don't know whether it is a mistake, because these things gave older wwf/e fans a bigger reason to tune in to raw...the older fans had bret/hbk/vince and then DX/Tyson the following week and the younger fans had, well, john cena lol

I'm kind of with you to an extent. Hart's leaving of the company is something that most people watching now will have some understanding of. The kids in the audience might not get the story in its entirety, but that doesn't really matter, because its been replayed in everyone else's mind for 12 years.

Tyson on the other hand was ******ed. No mention has been made of Mike Tyson for almost 11 years on WWE programming. That in itself made Raw's main event redundant, but add that fact that Hornswoggle, who only appeals to people under 13, and you have an entirely useless segment that doesn't mean anything to anyone as your main event, which is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back