Jeff Hardy Heel Turn??? Anyone see that coming???

The Roid Rage

Getting Noticed By Management
I don't know how many of you caught Smackdown this week but did anyone check out Jeff Hardy's freak out??? It looks like a possible heel turn. I liked it, he reminded me of Edge and I think it could work. There was a thread recently about who should turn heel and all of us seemed to overlook Jeff Hardy because he's uber over with the fans, but as I pointed out with John Cena I think that is why now is a great time for Jeff Hardy to do it.

All the same things I said about John Cena could apply to Jeff Hardy. He's lost a lot recently, and been through enough that you could believe he'd have a lot of hate and anger built up to turn. Also because he is over so huge with so many fans it would be a hug shocker to see him freak out and go super heel. All the kids would cry, the older fans would ask "Why Jeff Why?" and the people who didn't like him would see it as cooler to like him and gain him more accolades. I never say that coming up until the show then I realized what was going on.

In case you missed it and wonder what I am talking about Jeff Hardy and Triple H had a tag match against Morrison&Miz. Before the match there was a segment where Jeff Hardy was asking Vickie Guerrero for another title match pleading that all he needed was one more shot. She said that's the point you always need one more shot and your a let down every time. She them talked about how he's been less than hardcore or extreme and lackluster, and told him to go have his tag match since that seems to be the only thing he is good at(which was a mega blow) and he told her he was going to blow her mind tonight.

So, they go to have their match and through out it Hardy does more aerial stunts to the outside of the ring and a bunch of his high flying stuff as the sign that he is stepping it up. Eventually he get's pissed off because Miz and Morrison are cheating as they normally would and I think they tried to use a chair but Hardy got it and blatantly in front of the ref starts beating the hell out of Miz and Morrison. He then chased Morrison to the ramp and throws the chair at him, leaving Miz in the ring to get Pedigreed by Triple H, and you noticed during the chair beat down Triple H looking at Jeff like "What the hell got into him" and just standing back as he beat the shit out of both guys. That's not all though.

Later in the night we have our main event Undertaker v.s. Kozlov. The stipulations were that if Kozlov could beat the Undertaker he would get a match with Triple H at this next pay-per-view for the title. Now, you know that something has to happen to get Undertaker disqualified because they aren't going to put Kozlov over Undertaker legitimately, and Undertaker isn't going to beat him because then that leaves the title picture kind of in disarray. I figured that Big Show would come to the ring as that was the most logical way to screw Undertaker out of the match to fuel his feud with Big Show, and get Kozlov into the title match. Nope. Out of nowhere after Kozlov and Undertaker put on a pretty good match comes Jeff Hardy out of nowhere and starts pounding Kozlov costing Undertaker the match putting Kozlov in the title match against Triple H.

The whole time they have Jeff acting like he's gone crazy, and then have another segment after the match with him and Vickie Guerrero and he literally seemed to be acting like Edge.

All this seems to point to a heel turn and it didn't seem weird. He could be everyone's favorite heel no problem. I didn't see it coming, but I like it. Any thought???

I think were jumping the gun just slightly on the whole Jeff Hardy going heel thing, not that I think it wouldn't be a great idea as Jeff has pretty much spent his entire career in the WWE as a face and it would be a refreshing change to see him as a face, but I don't see it happening. He is too much over with the crowd and his wrestling style is a total face. I didn't see anybody booing Jeff for swinging a chair like a madman at Morrison and Miz, nor when he did it to Kozlov or Undertaker. I see this freak out as more of WWE's way to keep Jeff in the main-event picture even after being thoroughly beaten by HHH twice. It's november, so Survivor Series time and then it will be Royal Rumble season, meaning Jeff doesn't necessarily need to be in a feud with people now, he's free to do his own thing. I predicted earlier in another thread that Edge, Big Show, and The Undertaker would have a triple treat match at Armageddon to face the champ at Royal Rumble. I now think they might add Jeff to it to make it a four way; he won't win and then he'll be in the Rumble but he won't win that either, his prize will be what last years should've been, Money In The Bank. Mark my words, your going to see WWE build Jeff Hardy like he's serious as all hell about becoming WWE champion, which I am sure of that WWE plans to make that happen at Wrestlemania, after he wins MITB and uses it successfully at Wrestlemania, either after the WWE championship match or the WHC match, which WWE hopes will usher in a new era for them. I personally don't think Jeff is the answer WWE may be hoping he is, but all we can do is what and see when and if he does become champion.

I highly doubt this will happen. Jeff is way to over with the fans right now to turn heel. I just truly don't see Jeff as a heel. He doesn't have a heel look, and his wrestling style is not the heel style of wrestling. I think Jeff is a guy who can never be a heel just because he wouldn't know what to do, and he is just a face. I think it would be a surprise and shock to anyone but i think it would be a big mistake if they even try this.

I pray that this is what's happening, I would love to see Jeff turn heel, it's just getting tiresome watching him constantly challenge Trips for the WWE title and lose, and with them having no desire to put the belt on him due to his being one strike away from shitcansville, they need to do something different with the guy, and right now SD! could use some fresh heels as well, and I've heard that Jeff has been wanting to try out a heel run for awhile now, I think they may have something good going here, next week he'll take on the Deadman in an Extreme Rules match, Taker is a fan favorite as well so I could see some of the fans start booing Jeff as soon as he tries to decapitate Taker with a chair or something, I would love to see them do something along the lines of having Jeff do run-ins on every title match where he just starts randomly hitting people with chairs and shit, and then cuts promos where he says stuff like "Nobody gets a title match until after me!!!" or something along those lines, eventually people would get annoyed with Jeff for ruining great matches and start to hate the little fucker, just basiaclly have him be completely obsessed with the WWE title to the point where he goes completely psycho over the thing

I'm up in the air on whether this would be a good or bad thing. On the good side, Hardy is getting a little stale and his character has been the same forever and Smackdown could use another big heel. But Hardy is such a fan favorite, that get's one of the biggest pop's on smackdown. I'm not saying that he won't get boo'd because nobody is above getting boo'd but if people don't respond to him as heel as much as face, it could destroy anything left going for Hardy. Another reason it maybe bad for turning him heel is that he sucks on the mic and wouldn't be able to cut effective heel promo's but if he goes all crazy attacking guys like Taker & HHH, that won't matter. I think a Hardy change would be something fresh and new but I just don't know if they would do that.

Expect Sly to read this and give another full blown tutorial on why high flyers can't make good heels.

The only time that Jeff Hardy has been a heel was when he and Matt became the New Brood, where they said absolutely nothing. Never again since then (1999) has Jeff Hardy been a heel (if he was a heel at some point in TNA i wouldn't know because i never watch it) in WWE.

Now while i don't agree with Sly's view that a heel HAS to work a slow, methodical (boring) pace in order to draw heat and be an effective heel, i do agree that the best heels are the ones who can draw heat through talking alone ie Jericho, Orton, Edge, JBL. NOT Vickie Guerrero, she gets heat because she absolutely sucks!!!!!

As i said in the WWE title match discussion, Jeff Hardy can't talk his way out of a paper bag. If he was given the mic and they said 'you'll lose your job if you can't deliver a half decent promo in 30 seconds' he'd be unemployed faster than you can say 'best of luck in all his future endeavours'.

If we were talking about someone else, who has decent mic skills turning heel then i'd have more faith in the idea, and hell maybe Jeff will find giving heel promos to be more natural to him, because as many guys who chop and change a lot have said, the range and scope of being a heel is far wider than it is to do it as a face, but as of right now, i have my doubts that Jeff would make a good heel.

Hitting people with chairs every now and then is only going to get you cheered by modern day fans, it is highly unlikely to gain you over any significant heat. I'm still intrigued by it though just to see if he can pull it off, and how it will effect other storylines.

Hey maybe they will put him in the WWE title match and maybe he'll win, and then they can claim that he only won after turning his back on the fans much like Spike Dudley and Gregory Helms both did, or maybe next week Taker will just obliterate him and he'll go back to kicking MVP's ass every week.

Well, a few months ago, when things were looking a bit more like Jeff was actually going to get the big belt, before Matt won his, I could have pictured a "Brother vs Brother" freud, between Matt and Jeff (with Matt as the heel), in some sort of situation where Jeff wins the "big one", but Matt gets denied his chance or can't make it, and then turns on Jeff out of envy. I thought this could've been quite a nice twist.

However, seeing now Matt has won a "big one" (even if it's "only" the ECW strap, it's technically considered a top-brand belt), and with Jeff keeping losing and losing, it kinda would be fun to play an angle like this with the roles reversed, even if a "whiny heel" persona works better for Matt than for Jeff... Jeff somehow is more a natural face character. In any case, with both Hardys on different shows as of now (and ECW being in desperate need of Matt), I doubt that's going to happen.

But turning Jeff heel right now does not look to sensible either, ultimately it would result in too many heels on Smackdown. Right now they have major faces in Triple H and Jeff, along with The Undertaker, who isn't technically face, but will always get a face reaction, even if he crucifies children on TV... and that leaves us with the heels of Big Show, Edge, Kozlov, MVP (though maybe he is turnin?), Umaga (once he comes back) as heels with title shot / main event potential... if you now remove Jeff from the Faces-List, we're left with Taker and HHH as the only faces... I'm not sure if this would make sense from an "angle" point of view. However it would definitely be interesting, and in light of Jeff's recent actions, it might even be plausible. But I'm not sure if WWE are willing to give up Jeff's pretty big face reactions just now - especially with no one in the doorstep to follow up as basically #2 face behind HHH.

I'm not surprised to see Jeff Hardy doing the heel turn, if that is what is happening. Jeff like so many other face characters has grown weak and tiresome. In Jeff's case he has grown even less charismatic and more reckless. It is almost like he is going "Raven" on us with the make-up returning and the whole weirdness surrounding him.

The only problem with this is that he is already picking a fight with the wrong guys. Triple H and the Undertaker would not be my first choices to turn against. If the WWE wants to make a successful heel turn for Jeff Hardy maybe he needs to start against some of the lower card members and pick up some wins.

I can't say that I like the idea of Jeff Hardy turning heel, but I must say it is a nice change of pace. Jeff Hardy has had way to many title shots to keep losing like this, most people who have had so many title shots would have been champ so many times by now. If turning Jeff heel is what it takes to make him WWE Champion, then it shows that WWE has finally restored their faith in him.

Being a face and overcoming all odds to finally win the WWE Championship means much more to you as an entertainer as opposed to being a heel and cheating in order to win or keep a championship. I don't know if WWE intends to make Jeff a full-pledge heel or not, but I just do not find it to be a very good idea seeing how over he is with the fans.

I am very looking forward to seeing the ''Extreme Rules'' match on Smackdown between Hardy and Undertaker, it should be very good. If WWE wants Hardy to be a heel then he will win with help from Big Show, but if his ''snap'' was just to get another title shot, he will lose a close battle and get cheered by the crowd for his efforts.

If I were booking it, I would make Jeff Hardy a tweener for a little while then turn him back to a face. I would make Jeff carry a steel chair everywhere he goes and goes on a rampage until he is granted one more title shot. Once he is promised the championship match, he goes back to being face and becomes the new WWE Champion.

I don't think it was a heel turn. Hardy realized what he did the second he stared at Taker. He knew he was in shit and bolted. It was a bold move to challenge him. This is more to show that Jeff is willing to do anything to be the WWE champion. His methods are questionable, but I don't see that being full blown heel turn. If that was the case, he would have laid the Undertaker out with the chair again, ala Shawn Michaels on Raw about 11 years ago.

Hardy is just desperate, that is all. This is actually playing out to be very much like Chris Benoit in 2003/04 with Paul Heyman. He got his shot with Lesnar, but couldn't overcome teh champ and the GM Paul Heyman. You have to think like the WWE, and the potential, albeit farfetched and ill adviced in my opinion, move of Hardy winning the rumble, and challenging Cena at Mania would be huge. John Cena vs. Jeff Hardy is a money maker, as much as I don't like it.

Plus Hardy is a silly heel. Like above stated, high flyers make bad heels. Heels have to have some mic ability to get people to hate them, and Hardy is simply abysmal on the microphone.

I didn't get to see it, but based on the recap, it doesn't sound like a heel turn to me. Going nuts on heels isn't all that new for faces.

Now, on the deeper note, I don't think Jeff Hardy CAN turn heel. He's not good enough on the mic, not evil enough as a character, doesn't have a strong offense, and really has no angle to be a heel. Jeff's best qualities are ALL face qualities, such as his selling ability and his high-risk moves.

So, I would say that Jeff probably didn't turn heel, more just got an "edge" to his character.

I doubt this is a heel turn, this is a wonderful thing called character development. I mean think about it, if you kept having shots at a title but kept coming within one second of winning it, the worst part being you've beaten the guy holding it before only to be denyed another title shot by the GM, wouldnt you be a bit pissed off?

I think this was the best thing they could've done, as said before it gives him more of an edge, makes him more real. It gives the creative type people a new direction to take Jeff in.

The OP forgot to mention that Jeff didn't simply hit Kozlov with a chair to give him the DQ win over Taker, but that he also attacked Taker with the chair as well, and then proceeded to high-tail it out of there like a cowardly heel as soon as Taker simply got back up immediately as he always does.

Jeff received audible boos upon hitting Taker, and while I don't think this is the start of a heel turn, I would not rule out an Edge style turn at all.

Here's the thing people. You can't have two of the same gimmicks on the same show without them being a tag team. Edge is set to return to the ring soon and having Jeff Hardy as a Edge-like heel just wouldn't work if Edge continues his role as heel. Edge is the best heel in the WWE (arguable) right now. He's so good that we refer to his type of heel as an Edge-like heel. That, in my mind, crosses out the possibility that Edge is gonna be a face when coming back, or that Jeff will be Edge-like. Could he be a face with that kind of gimmick? I don't think it'd work but it'd be interesting to watch.

As stated somewhere in this thread. Hardy is just doing what ever it takes to win the big one that he's come so close too. It's more understandable from his position than a heel turn.

And honestly, Jeff Hardy as a heel? Come on. If anything he'd be a tweener before being a heel. He's way to over as a face for him to be a heel. It's the problem with high flyers. People will get behind you every time you hit that big move. (Evan Bourne's quick rise in rank due to his high flying ability.) I would embrace either decision and I can't wait to see where they take Hardy. Personally I believe it's more likely that he'd win Money in the Bank this year and then cash in same night. That to me is more believable then Jeff Hardy being heel.

This couldn't work, could it? I mean the crowd absolutely love jeff. I could understand if matt hardy became heel as he has done it before back in 2003. I could understand if it was cena instead as we know what he is like as heel but jeff, come on.

Wow, an actual Jeff Hardy heel turn would be lame. The SmackDown heel mid-card is stacked already and by doing this, they would "take away" one of their most over workers. It makes no sense. I hope it's just "character development" as someone stated earlier in the thread.

And let's face it, Jeff sometimes has trouble playing a good face, I can't imagine him as a heel. To get over as a heel your mic work or work style has to have elements of the heel character in them...and he's not the world's greatest mic guy, even though he's improving. And of course...getting over as a heel when you use a lot of high-flying moves is hella hard. Look at Morrison and The Kendrick.

This would make no sense. This had better not be what they are going for with the whole freak-out deal.

I don't see this happening. Hardy turning heel makes no sense: sure, it would be fun at first cuz of novelty value, but anything more than a few months of a heel Hardy would outright suck. The guy's wrestling style is wrong, and unlike THE Brian Kendrick he's not very good on the mic. UNLESS they're toying with the idea of Hardy-HHH at Mania, but with Hardy turning heel not HHH. But surely even the WWE aren't that stupid. I view this as character development. Hardy's turning tweener temporarily, but it won't last. If he's not face again by the Rumble I'll be very surprised.

Yeah, i watched Smackdown and saw Jeff hardy's "mood changes". It was kind of intresting to see Jeff going kind of nuts and pleading for a match. I think it would be great if Jeff turned heel, it would surprsie many people and this, i think is exactly what could help Hardy in the long term. I think this would help because it could put Hardy back on the map and maybe get himself in the goodbooks of people that doubt him.

Jeff Hardy in character does seem very fustrated and looks ready to almost blow up and let all that fustration out. If this is a sign of Jeff turning heel i bet his kid fans will be in anarchy, they'll be crying and all sorts. As the OP said this could be a good way of Jeff ganing more fans who earlier may have disliked his gimmick.

The thing that made the Vickie and Jeff segment so great is because she told the truth about Jeff letting people down. This is what adds "feul to the fire" whenever a personal real life experience is involved in a feud. All these things are what makes the feud that much realer and get the fans involved like many people are. I am one of them who is intrested in this Jeff angle.

The tag match and Friday was very bizarre, it was bizarre because i don't think we've ever seen Jeff go nuts like that. i kind of enjoyed that, he looked more like a man that wanted something rather then allways settling for second best. In storyline mode i think Triple H got the message that Jeff meant business and could be thinking "this guy is serious" which if he is, is good. This run for the title from Jeff is getting very intresting of late.

I was also surprised when Jeff appeared in the Taker vs Kozlov match, this is a sure sign he is fustrated with Kozlov and the title situation. It seems from watching Smackdown Jeff is willing to go through others to get to the title and if it means The Undertaker then so be it. This is really good how the writers or Jeff himself have built up this fustration and how he is now letting it all out. The segment after the Hardy interference was intresting too, it backs up my point about Hardy being willing to do anything to get the title, he's even so desperate he wants to face The Undertaker in Extreme Rules. Now in storyline mode thats unheard of right? I think that was another good move by the writers there too.

Yeah, the OP's right, everything that happened on Friday and before all seems to suggest Hardy is finally turning heel. I personally think this si a great move and even though the WWE may lose some Hardy fans (who are mostly kids) like i said earlier this could put Hardy's career back on track and get him in the goodbooks of many fans who may have been disapointed by him last time around.

jeff hardy is turning into a tweener. he will revert back to face once he wins the championship. another possible angle has to do with edge. isn't there a rumor that edge and undertaker will partner up? partnering edge with undertaker did not make sense until jeff hardy make a heel turn.

To me it was just very out of character for Jeff Hardy, and while it may not be a full blown heel turn right now, I think it could point in that direction.

Who is to say that you have to have good mic skills to be a heel, look at Khali, Mark Henry,or Kozlov none of them are good mic guys but decent heels another one that is almost funny to mention, Umaga, none whatsoever. I think listening to him in the segments with Vickie it sounded more natural than when he's trying to sound like a squeaky clean heel, I think it would work. He didn't sound to me like he was trying to pull anything off it sounded like he was just purely pissed off, and wanted to take out his frustrations, no acting, it was just that, as it sounded at least. I found it more believable than him saying " I-am-go-ing-to-win-my-match-with-you-at-(random ppv name)-and-prove-blah-blah-blah -and-be-the-next-w-w-e-champion" like he's reading from a teleprompter on a bad soap opera.

As for his style, who is to say that style can't be utilized in a heel, It could add to the heel character being high flying and crazy to add to how dangerous he could be and what a threat he is. They could say this is a guy who will stop at nothing to destroy his enemy including harming himself in the process.

Count could be right that it is a desperation thing you can't count that out, but even so that could lead from desperation to madness. Going up against the Undertaker who is arguably the biggest face could be another step to making him heel as well. I think it would be easy with Hardy because he is so liked and because he is so over. Reason being is because of the shock that it would cause. The probability of the whole Royal Rumble win to go on to Wrestlemania is too predictable. I don't think WWE is going to allow that. There are going to atleast be some twists and turns to it (no pun intended) before that happens if at all. If the rumor of Edge being teamed with the Undertaker is true that could mean a face turn for Edge and then he would be replaced with Hardy.

I don't think WWE plans to push Jeff Hardy as a hell. As made evident by last night, Jeff said that he sees the world in gray, that he lives off emotions, and that is what makes him capable of coming back time and time again, even after failing.

In my opinion, this is just creative giving Hardy a bit more edge to his character. He is clearly frustrated and is showing that through his emotions (ie, attacking people with chairs, painting his face, etc). I do not see this as a permanent change or even turning into a heel run. However, if Hardy doesn't go on to win the title at Survivor Series (with the idea that he beats HHH next week), it will be very interesting where they take the character. You can't just give Hardy this type of edge and let it die...In my mind you have to either give him the belt at SS or we will have to see a lot more Joker-esque promo's from Hardy in the coming months.

PS - I actually really enjoyed Jeff's promo he cut at the beginning of the show. I know everyone hates on Hardy's mic skills, but this promo came across quite well, I think.

if anything i think its an interesting turn of events. regardless of where this goes it has added a new dimension to the title scene right now...yes Hardy has been in a titlematch but watch crazy jeff is pretty damn entertaining. its created a buzz and its got me to want to tune in next week to see what crazy things he'll do next.

i dont see him turnign heel. i just think he is going a bit crazy with out the title. he will stay face of course. it's jsut sort of a gimmick. once he gets the title or after survivor series he will go back to normal but with the joker gimmick ( red it up last year on wrestlezone). just like he is doing now except not as crazy

Frankly, I think it would be a pretty foolish move for them to turn Hardy heel when he's so over with the crowds as a face. Heel/face turns are much more beneficial when the person needs something new to freshen them up, and although giving Hardy a bit more of an edge is a welcome tweak (can't say the same for that makeup, though) turning him heel makes their merchandise suffer. Plus there's the issue that the WWE is overrun with heels. Smackdown is in dire need of faces in the main event. Who else is there outside of HHH, Taker, and Hardy? Kennedy's out on injury and they're always uneasy about pushing him into the main event, Khali is on his way out the door, Umaga/Show/MVP/Edge/Kozlov are heels, and if you start scraping into the midcard, you've still got an overabundance of heels in comparison to its list of jobber faces (Funaki, Goldman, Jesse, Yang).

I can't see Hardy turning heel unless they move two heels into the face category, and I doubt Umaga or Kozlov could get over as faces, Big Show just pretty recently turned heel so he won't turn back, and Edge is much too good as a heel to become a face right now, but even so, if Edge turned face, you'd still need a face Christian (when he comes over) to help balance it out.

A part of me really wants Jeff Hardy to turn full heel. He's been a face for a very long time now and it would be something different and unique. But his current face character wasn't stale at all in my opinion. His new 'edgy' and more cockier character is great and it seems to be getting over with the fans. But if you watched Hardy's match with The Undertaker on Smackdown this past week, he actually got a good face-like reaction from the crowd and his opponent was arguably one of the most over babyface superstars in the entire WWE. A heel Jeff Hardy just wouldn't work out for many reasons.

The fans love him. Despite making past mistakes involving drugs outside of a WWE ring, he gets cheered for being the superstar he is. Everytime he walks down to the ring, the fans go wild. In a year, he really has improved in almost every way. Who would have thought Jeff Hardy would be a challenger to the WWE Championship? And who the hell thought Hardy would cleanly pin the Undertaker? Sure it was by interference, but when he got the 3 count I just froze in disbelief. It was a huge step in his career. When you're over with the fans as much as Jeff Hardy is currently, it can be very difficult to make the fans hate you.

As has already been pointed out, heels need skills such as great mic skills and a slow mat based wrestling style. Jeff just isn't the greatest on the mic and we all know he is famous for being the high flyer and the risk taker that he is. Are we just supposed to forget that he puts his body on the line in insane ways and decide to boo him? Fans love high fliers, so I doubt he will get booed. Also, most heels need to look dominant and unbeatable. If someone like a face Undertaker or a face Triple H wrestles Hardy, Jeff will still look like the underdog due to his smaller size. Heels never look good being the underdogs. See Chavo Guerrero for example.

So while I do like Jeff's new gimmick and charisma, I think he should keep the facepaint on from now on. However, being a tweener would be great for him. He can wrestle a larger variety of wrestlers. But all tweeners eventually turn heel or face. With Edge returning soon, I expect him to return as a face. Which would leave Hardy as a heel if those two were to feud. After that he can try wrestling faces to see if the fans legimately boo him. If they don't, well turning Jeff face again shouldn't be hard to accomplish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back