• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

shattered dreams

That would imply that I did not think such a promo existed which would be inaccurate.

Anyone else excited to hear about how awesome it is that another old person is coming back to WWE? Old people are awesome but only on USA.

There's a difference though Shattered, Vince comes back to be the authority figure (and historically he's actually a ratings boost), not to be put into the main event scene like TNA usually does.

Is that really your lasting memory of the DX reformation X? I find it amusing that people felt the need to respond seriously to an obviously exaggerated statement. The fact that they even felt it needed to be disproved actually makes my original point.

No, I hated DX's return, it took one of my favorite angles of my childhood and turned it into complete drivel for the most part, but their feud/match with Edge and Orton at NYR 07 was damn good and was actually one of the feuds that started to get me back into wrestling again in 06-07 after stopping watching wrestling completely from 03-06.

I have no problem with old people that can work their character being involved in wrestling whatsoever.

No, I hated DX's return, it took one of my favorite angles of my childhood and turned it into complete drivel for the most part

Same feelings. Maybe that is why I come off so jaded about it. Rated RKO feud certainly had its moments.

Vince has not been jailed for his charges. Jeff is yet to be seen and when you had enough drugs in your possesion to kill a baby elephant then you're in trouble.

Can someone tell me about Crimson and his push? What's his thing with Angle about?
And was it him who murdered Abyss?

What old person in TNA is currently in a more main event position than Jerry Lawler?

What 60+ year old in the world can still take bumps and work a match like Lawler? He had a great TLC match with Miz in December and performs better in the ring at his age than Flair and Hogan were in their 40s. It's absolutely remarkable how a man his age can still take the bumps he can.

They've been promising King a Wrestlemania match for years now so I have no problem with his Miz feud.

I do not have a problem with the feud but I noticed you conveniently didn't answer the question at hand.

Do I really need to point out the title reigns of guys like Nash, Hall, Waltman, Booker, Foley, and Sting over the last 2 years?

Do I really need to point out the title reigns of guys like Nash, Hall, Waltman, Booker, Foley, and Sting over the last 2 years?

But that doesn't count, X. Those aren't current examples.

Admit it though, Shattered; we'd still be seeing Ric Flair at the forefront of the Fourtune/Immortal feud if he hadn't been injured.

DirtyJosé;2823003 said:
But that doesn't count, X. Those aren't current examples.

Admit it though, Shattered; we'd still be seeing Ric Flair at the forefront of the Fourtune/Immortal feud if he hadn't been injured.

No you're right there, there's no one currently in TNA's main event scene as old as Lawler. But the company still focuses entirely on guys like Hogan, Flair, Bischoff, and other stars o' the 90s galore and well past their prime. Let's not pretend like this is normal for their not to be a geriatric involved in a major main event angle for TNA, this is the exception rather than the rule.

Do I really need to point out the definition of currently? I thought we were talking about main event anyway. Four of those guys never held the WHC and the last time any of them did was June 2009.

sidenote: Did you really say Flair wasn't better than Lawler now when he was 40?

No you're right there, there's no one currently in TNA's main event scene as old as Lawler. But the company still focuses entirely on guys like Hogan, Flair, Bischoff, and other stars o' the 90s galore and well past their prime. Let's not pretend like this is normal for their not to be a geriatric involved in a major main event angle for TNA, this is the exception rather than the rule.

We absolutely realize its the exception, this of course doesn't make it invalid. Come on now shattered, I know you have to remember Sting getting a title shot last year.

[YOUTUBE]sO4YoCZ8Vw8[/YOUTUBE]

Let me try to hypnotize X.

TNA obviously uses some older people but I have never figured out why older automatically means bad or why some people pretend that is all they use. Each idea is equally ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back