Shadowmancer's Wrestler of the Week

If anyone has the entire Rhodes/Corino feud in ECW in 2000 and can put it on that would be great. I have a few of the matches on DVD but I don't know how the feud progressed.

Great great choice mate. I never knew he even had a feud with Funk. I'm definately going to be coming back later to edit this post, I've got quite a few of his matches on my computer but right now I'm at work.

Ahhh....wasting the bosses money.

Steve Corino... what a good choice! He was such a major player in ECW in the later years. Good wrestler; great promo guy who is full of charisma.

I love Steve Corino, lol, The dude was so awesome. My favorite memory about him though, was basically he bleeding. I know there is a lot more to him then that, but everyone has to admit thats one of the things you remember most about Steve. He bled, almost every single match. Still though, another thing that I remember about him, and even with that picture... is that he looks a hell of a lot like Ryan Reynolds.

compare.jpg

I just listened to that Interview that I put in there. It is funny especially the Dusty Rhodes Impression at the End, as well as the Sandman/Raven Conversation impression. Ill try find these sort of things to help this thread get even better.

(The Rey Mysterio Post. 619)

Im having trouble thinking of the Wrestler of the Week for next week. PM me for Ideas, It can't be anyone one on the current roster of Smackdown, Raw or ECW. The winner will get acknowledged in the next post of the Wrestler of the Week. The Wrestler also can't have been used already. So PM me your suggestions for the Wrestler of the Week.

Thank you to FreeRoller for this Weeks Wrestler of the Week: Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
steamboat-ricky08.jpg

Championships and accomplishments
National Wrestling Alliance
World
NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
NWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Shane Douglas
National
NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (Mid-Atlantic version) (2 times)
Regional
NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
NWA Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Paul Jones (2), and Jay Youngblood (1)
NWA Mid-Atlantic Television Championship (1 time)
NWA Television Championship (1 time)
NWA World Tag Team Championship (Mid-Atlantic version) (6 times) - with Paul Jones (1) and Jay Youngblood (5)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked him # 13 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003.
PWI ranked him # 19 of the best tag teams of the PWI Years, with Jay Youngblood.
PWI ranked him # 82 of the best tag teams of the PWI Years, with Shane Douglas.
PWI Rookie of the Year award in 1977
PWI Tag Team of the Year award - with Paul Jones in 1978
PWI Match of the Year award - vs. Randy Savage in 1987.
PWI Match of the Year award - vs. Ric Flair in 1989.
PWI Editor's Award in 1995.

World Championship Wrestling
WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WCW World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Dustin Rhodes (1), and Shane Douglas (1)
WCW World Television Championship (2 times)

World Wrestling Federation
WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996).
Tag Team of the Year award - with Jay Youngblood in 1983.
Match of the Year - vs. Randy Savage in 1987.
Match of the Year - vs. Ric Flair in 1989.
5 Star Match: vs. Ric Flair (February 20, 1989)
5 Star Match: vs. Ric Flair (April 2, 1989)
5 Star Match: vs. Ric Flair (May 7, 1989)
5 Star Match: with Sting, Nikita Koloff, Barry Windham, & Dustin Rhodes vs. Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton & Larry Zbyszko (War Games, May 17 1992)

Broadcast Radio
Inductee into the Wrestling-Radio.com Hall of Fame class of 2007

Finishing and signature moves
Flying crossbody
Double chickenwing
Dragon Arm drag
Leaping Judo chop
Knife edge chop
Skin the cat
Body slam
Eastern Neckbreaker

Matches
Ricky Steamboat Vs. The Great Muta pt. 1
Ricky Steamboat Vs. The Great Muta pt. 2
Ricky Steamboat Vs. The Great Muta pt. 3

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Randy Savage pt. 1, Wrestlemania III
Ricky Steamboat Vs. Randy savage pt. 2, Wrestlemania III

Ricky Steamboat & Bravo Vs. Ric Flair & Ernie Ladd

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Ric Flair pt. 1
Ricky Steamboat Vs. Ric Flair pt. 2

Ricky Steamboat Vs. The Original Sheik

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Tiger Mask II

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Scott Steiner

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Honky Tonk Man

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Vader

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Steve Austin

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Bret Hart

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Lex Luger

Ricky Steamboat & Sting Vs. Steve Austin & Rick Rude

Ricky Steamboat & Hulk Hogan Vs. Randy Savage & Honkey Tonk Man

Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas Vs. Steve Austin & Brian Pillman

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Jake Roberts

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Tully Blanchard

Yet again another amazing pick. It is very criminal that this thread doesn't get enough respect. Anyways heres what I could find that you hadn't already posted.

Steel Cage: Hollywood Blondes(Steve Austin & Brian Pillman) vs. Dos Hombres (Ricky Steamboat & Tom Zenk in mask) --- WCW Slamboree 1993 [Part 1/2]

Steel Cage: Hollywood Blondes(Steve Austin & Brian Pillman) vs. Dos Hombres (Ricky Steamboat and Tom Zenk in mask) --- WCW Slamboree 1993 [Part 2/2]

That's the only one really...

Steamboat was so ahead of his time. Easily one of the best of all time.

Steamboat would have been a perfect fit in either ECW or in the WWE around 2002, when they actually had really good matches. I just love how the WWE tried to act like he was a newcomeer around WM3. And then he comes back and they dress him up like a chinese dragon. God the WWE really knew how to screw people.

Steamboat was just crazy in the ring. The man is a technical masterpiece.

I just noticed that you picked mine Shadowmancer lol, thanks. I agree with what Xfear and Shockmaster said, he was way ahead of his time and he could have been perfect for ECW or WWE in 1998-2002. He is one of the few men that could make guys like Cena and Batista look like credible wrestlers, maybe even Khali(ok, maybe not Khali lol).

Steamboat had with The Naitch what is classed the greatest match of all time back in 89. He is without doubt in the top 10 guys that's ever stepped into the ring, he was one of those guys who was never really given a chance in the WWF/E thanks to Vince's love of pumped up muscle bound juiced up guys but fitted well into the NWA/WCW scene and had great matches with the likes of Flair, Austin, Orndorff & Vader.

This Weeks Wrestler of the Week due to the rule of the people is: The Game Triple H
Hhh.jpg

-Pedigree (Double underhook facebuster)
-Facebreaker knee smash, as a back body drop counter
-Falling neckbreaker slam
-Figure four leglock
-High knee strike
-Indian deathlock
-Jumping knee drop
-Sleeper hold
-Spinning spinebuster
-Signature foreign objects
-Sledgehammer

Managers
-Chyna
-Ric Flair
-Mr. Hughes
-Mr. Perfect
-Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley
-Vince McMahon
-Shawn Michaels
-Lord Steven Regal
-"Ravishing" Rick Rude
-Sable

Nicknames
-The Cerebral Assassin
-The Connecticut Blueblood
-The Game
-The King of Kings

Independent Wrestling Federation
IWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
IWF Tag Team Championship (5 time) – with Perry Saturn

PWI Feud of the Year award in 2000 – vs. Kurt Angle
PWI ranked him # 1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 list in 2000
PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year award in 2003
PWI ranked him # 139 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the PWI Years in 2003
PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year award in 2004
PWI Feud of the Year award in 2004 – vs. Chris Benoit
PWI Match of the Year award in 2004 – vs. Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania XX, March 14, 2004)
PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year award in 2005

World Wrestling Federation / Entertainment
WWF Championship (5 times) – final reign was as WWF Undisputed Champion
WWF European Championship (2 times)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Steve Austin
World Heavyweight Championship (5 times)
WWF King of the Ring in 1997
WWF Royal Rumble in 2002
Seventh Triple Crown Champion
Second Grand Slam Champion
As of 2007, Triple H currently holds the record for the most World Championships in WWE with ten (five reigns as World Heavyweight Champion, five as WWE Champion/Undisputed Champion).

Performer of the Year award in 2000
Feud of the Year award in 2000 – vs. Mick Foley
Feud of the Year award in 2004 – vs. Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels
Feud of the Year award in 2005 – vs. Batista
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2005)

Promos
Triple H bashes JR

Triple H & Randy Orton RR 06

Triple H and Batista after Hell in a Cell

Triple H returns in January 2002

Goldberg Challenges for Triple H's WHC

Edge's Birthday

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon Shower

Matches
Triple H Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin pt.1, WWF No Mercy 1999
Triple H Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin pt.2, WWF No Mercy 1999
Triple H Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin pt.3, WWF No Mercy 1999

Triple H Vs. Mystery Opponent

Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.1, WWE Backlash 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.2, WWE Backlash 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.3, WWE Backlash 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.4, WWE Backlash 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.5, WWE Backlash 2000

Triple H Vs. Edge Vs. John Cena pt.1, WWE Backlash 06
Triple H Vs. Edge Vs. John Cena pt.2, WWE Backlash 06
Triple H Vs. Edge Vs. John Cena pt.3, WWE Backlash 06

Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.1, WWF Judgement Day 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.2, WWF Judgement Day 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.3, WWF Judgement Day 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.4, WWF Judgement Day 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.5, WWF Judgement Day 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.6, WWF Judgement Day 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.7, WWF Judgement Day 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.8, WWF Judgement Day 2000

Triple H Vs. Chris Benoit pt.1, WWF No Mercy 2000
Triple H Vs. Chris Benoit pt.2, WWF No Mercy 2000
Triple H Vs. Chris Benoit pt.3, WWF No Mercy 2000

Triple H Vs. Bret Hart, RAW

Triple H Vs. Scott Steiner pt.1, WWE Royal Rumble 2003
Triple H Vs. Scott Steiner pt.2, WWE Royal Rumble 2003
Triple H Vs. Scott Steiner pt.3, WWE Royal Rumble 2003

Triple H Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin pt.1, WWF Survivor Series 2000
Triple H Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin pt.2, WWF Survivor Series 2000
Triple H Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin pt.3, WWF Survivor Series 2000
Triple H Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin pt.4, WWF Survivor Series 2000

Triple H Vs. Mankind Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin pt.1, WWF Summerslam 1999
Triple H Vs. Mankind Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin pt.2, WWF Summerslam 1999
Triple H Vs. Mankind Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin pt.3, WWF Summerslam 1999

Triple H Vs. Cactus Jack pt.1, WWF RAW 1997
Triple H Vs. Cactus Jack pt.2, WWF RAW 1997

Triple H Vs. Mankind pt.1, WWF Summerslam 1997
Triple H Vs. Mankind pt.2, WWF Summerslam 1997
Triple H Vs. Mankind pt.3, WWF Summerslam 1997

Triple H Vs. Vince Mcmahon pt.1, WWF Armageddon 1999
Triple H Vs. Vince McMahon pt.2, WWF Armageddon 1999
Triple H Vs. Vince McMahon pt.3, WWF Armageddon 1999
Triple H Vs. Vince Mcmahon pt.4, WWF Armageddon 1999

Triple H Vs. Ric Flair, WWE Survivor Series 2005

Triple H Vs. Ultimate Warrior, WWF Wrestlemania 12

Triple H & X-pac Vs. Kane & Shane McMahon w/Chyna

Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.1, WWF Backlash 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.2, WWF Backlash 2000
Triple H Vs. The Rock pt.3, WWF Backlash 2000

Triple H Vs. Shawn Michaels, WWE Bad Blood 2004

Triple H Vs. Kane, WWE No Mercy 2002

Triple H Vs. Batista, WWE Vengence 2005

Triple H Vs. Shawn Michaels, WWE Summerslam 2002

I expect comments on this one from people that read this thread.

My #1 favorite wrestler, the 10-time World/WWE champion Triple H. He was one the best heels in the WWE(I was glad to read on WZ that he wanted to turn heel sometime after his return in late July or early August). He is very dedicated to the business and cares for the WWE product, he also steps aside to let other superstars have their chance in the spotlight nullifying the acquistions made by people during his feud with Randy Orton in 2004(Orton was not getting over as much as Vince and HHH planned so that was the main reason why Randy had a short title reign). He had many memorable matches proven by Shadowmancer's huge list above me and many memorable feuds(Rock, Austin, HBK, Y2J, etc.), he is co-creator of DX, a group that helped launch WWF/E to where it is today and he lead a reincarnation of the 4 Horsemen called Evolution. His charisma and mic skills are great as an heel or face(almost as good as the Rock or Y2J), and he is an all around decent wrestler that is still in his prime.

And so I won't sound like a total HHH mark I will list a few negative things about the guy:

1. The sh*t that fell out of his ass named Batista

2. His power in backstage politics is unfair to other superstars

3. His awful feuds in 2003(Steiner, Nash, Goldberg, and Booker T feuds were done poorly).

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! Did you notice that the Triple H vs. Mankind vs. Austin match on YouTube was uploaded by a guy named xfearbeforex? Hmmm who could that be? :D Yay I'll get a ton of more hits on my vids now, sweet.

Great pick though, I've got some more Hunter matches on my comp that aren't listed that I'll post in a bit. I'll digress later.

wow. f'n great. one of my fav threads by far. not sure if it's online but how about the "HHH Pedigree from hell" where he really muffed up the move? aside from the msg incident im pretty sure thats another reason he got de pushed so bad and did the 30 second job to Warrior

Hell yes Triple H as Wrestler of the Week...Now that's AWESOME. Shadowmancer i love this thread and look forward to it every week its just plain awesome. I agree with freeroller i cant wait for him to be a heel he is good as a face but when he is a heel he is just so damn cool. I hope he also buries Orton in there fued and goes to take the title from Cena

Next one is going to be done the same way as the Shawn Michaels week. Im going to give a name and you guys give the matches and the promos. Ill do all the rest, but I have an Essay that I need to write over the weekend so I need to be concentrating more on that then the Wrestler of the Week. But this will be still to the High standards that I have set for the choices every week. In fact I know that We will probably have a few posted by Kasey for the next week. That should be a clue to who is going to be the next Wrestler of the Week.

I honestly don't know how you put all this together every week. I've only just noticed this thread and let me just say one thing: wow. Nice choice for wrestler of the week, I guess Triple H must have been one of the easier ones to find stuff for as he has such a rich and prestigious history in wrestling. Good job!

I've refrained from posting this week, because I was always taught if you can't say anything nice, don't say it all.

Triple H. Here we have maybe the most magnificent physical specimen the WWE has ever seen. He is chipped out of granite, a masterpiece in the ring, and probably the best in ring general the company has ever known. He is Ric Flair/Harley Race thrown into Hulk Hogans body. Everything that is said about the man is true. He is the game. No one studies it better then him. No one puts on bigger matches then him.

That being said, I hate the son of a bitch. Here we have a power hungry, revisionist history writing, cry baby, manipulative asshole, plain and simple. Here we have a guy that comes into WWE, and is set to get a huge push. He alligns himself right away with the most influental guys in the locker room, being Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, and Scott Hall. WWE sees this and gets ready to push this guy to the moon, and what do they all do, he fucks it up by participating in the Kliq incident, breaking kayfabe and trying to become bigger then the company. He fucks his push up, gets KOTR pushed back to 97. The one good thing, his fuck up gets us SCSA as KOTR 96, and Austin 3:16 is born.

Once again, move into the future, and he denies any knowledge of the Montreal Screwjob, which is horseshit. He is two faced right to Bret's face about the whole thing. Say what you will about the Screwjob, and by the end of the year we'll have an official thread for the 10th year, but I detest liars, and that's what Triple H is.

Triple H gets to the top, starts boinking the bosses daughter, so he marries into the family. All through 2000 he uses his power to keep Chris Jericho down, because of Jericho and Nash having problems in WCW. The politicing moves into WWE and Triple H uses his influence to keep Jericho in check for the first 2 years he is in WWE.

Triple H then splits up the undisputed championship in 2002, because suddenly a guy by the name of Brock Lesnar is becoming the face of the franchise. So to instantly deflate Brock, Triple H strips him of the world title and crowns himself as the heavyweight champion. He holds onto the belt, only pulling a very Kliqesque maneuver in late 2002, by swapping belts with fellow Kliq buddy HBK, and then holds the belt for the next year and a half, minus a 3 month reign by Goldberg.

Triple H bashes Mick Foley and The Rock, tears down ECW every chance he can get, puts moves on the "Banned" Moves list, so the high flyers don't make allt he roided up monsters look like idiots in the ring. Puts himself in the M.E. of WM every year, even though the Rumble winner is supposed to get that slot. Puts Batista, and HBK in main events because they are buddies. Makes a 4 Horseman DVD and places himself in it at every chance. Keeps guys at the top that don't deserve it, like batista and Cena, because he helped get them over.

So ya, there's my Triple H rant. In the ring he's smooth as silk, no denying that, but his backstage politicing is horseshit and rather Hogan-like. I only wish that Steiner or Race won this week, so no fault of your own Shadowmancer. Triple H never could hit a Frankensteiner in his prime.

Ive Decided to do this Early than leave it for others to do what I want to do.

This Weeks Wrestler of the Week is: Jushin "Thunder" Liger

Jushin_Liger.jpg

Brainbuster
Top rope brainbuster
CTB — Crash Thunder Buster (Belly to back wheelbarrow facebuster)
Liger Bomb (High angle sitout powerbomb)
Running Liger Bomb (Running sitout powerbomb)
Shooting star press
Innovated the move and used it early in his career.
Shotei (Thrust palm strike)
Rolling Koppou Kick (Rolling wheel kick)
Romero Special (Mexican surfboard)
Fisherman buster
Top rope fisherman buster
Frog splash

Dragon Gate
Dragon Gate Open the Dream Gate Championship (1 time, current)

Michinoku Pro
British Commonwealth Junior Heavyweight Championship (2 times)

New Japan Pro Wrestling
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship (11 times)
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with The Great Sasuke, El Samurai, Minoru Tanaka, and Koji Kanemoto
J-Crown (1 time)
Top of the Super Juniors (1992)
Best of the Super Juniors (1994)
Best of the Super Juniors (2001)
Super J Cup (1995)
G1 Junior Tag League (2001) – with El Samurai
Naeba Cup Tag Tournament (2001) – with Yuji Nagata

North Eastern Wrestling
Super J Cup (2000)

Osaka Pro Wrestling
Osaka Pro Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Takehiro Murahama

Pro Wrestling NOAH
GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

World Championship Wrestling
WCW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Wrestle Association R
WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with El Samurai

Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (1999)
Match of the Year (1990) – vs. Naoki Sano
Most Outstanding Wrestler (1990)
Most Outstanding Wrestler (1991)
Most Outstanding Wrestler (1992)
Best Technical Wrestler (1989)
Best Technical Wrestler (1990)
Best Technical Wrestler (1991)
Best Technical Wrestler (1992)
Best Flying Wrestler (1989)
Best Flying Wrestler (1990)
Best Flying Wrestler (1991)
Best Flying Wrestler (1992)
Best Flying Wrestler (1993)
Rookie of the Year (1984; tied with Tom Zenk)

PWI ranked him # 12 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003.
PWI ranked him # 47 of the best tag teams of the "PWI Years" with El Samurai.

Matches
Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Tiger MAsk IV

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Samoa Joe

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Black Tiger

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. The Great Muta

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Brian Pillman

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Dean Malenko

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Petey Williams

Jushin "Thunder" Liger(Keichi Yamada) Vs. Owen Hart

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Ultimo Dragon

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Juventud Guerrera

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Hayabusa

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Satoshi Kojima

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Curryman

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Pegasus Kid

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Ebessan

Jushin "Thunder" Liger(Kishin Liger) Vs. Hido

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Naoki Sano

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Dean Malenko

Jushin "Thunder" Liger & Brian Pillman Vs. Chris Benoit & Beef Wellington

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Psicosis

Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs. Brian Pillman

I expect comments on this guy as he is one of the greats of Pro Wrestling.

Great choice. It's a shame most of the peeople on this site wont be intrested in him. Still waiting for Scott Steiner though.

Wow, I just want to say thanks for posting all of those matches. I never thought to look for Liger matches on youtube because frankly, I didn't figure they'd be there. Awesome.

I remember when Liger started appearing on WCW and I thought it was such a shame that he was basically treated like every other cruiserweight/luchadore they had on the roster. Meanwhile the guy probably had more talent in his left sac than 90% of the main eventers. I guess you could say the same thing about Muta, Nagata, Chono, etc.

I never saw much of Jushin Liger but I knew he was a big name in wrestling, I only saw him when he had a few matches with TNA and after watching some of those videos I understand why he gets the respect he derserves. This man is a masterpiece in the ring(not Chris Masters, he is garbage) and not many guys could do better in the ring than Jushin Liger from what I saw.

These matches are all full matches there are some partial matches on Youtube, but as for my favourite matches that I have posted it has to be the one with Great Muta, it is a nice match that has a good flow to it, Im not sure what star rating Meltzer gave it but it has to be a high one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back