Shadowmancer's Wrestler of the Week

I feel like doing a tag team this week. so this weeks Wrestler of the week is a tag team: Its The Bloody Bushwhackers.
Bushwhackers.jpg

Made up of the Duo of Luke Williams and Butch Miller, They are possibly the best known kiwis in Professional Wrestling. These guys are also known as The Sheepherders.

Ringside Assistants
Managers: Jonathan Boyd, Lady Maxine, Don Carson, Jamison, Andre The Giant
Flag Bearers: Jack Victory, Rip Morgan, Johnny Ace

Finishing Maneuvers
Battering Ram: They created this move.

Championships and Acomplishments

American Wrestling Association
AWA Southern Tag Team Championship (2 times)

National Wrestling Alliance
National
NWA Canadian Tag Team Championship (2 times)
Regional
NWA Florida Tag Team Championship (1 time)
NWA Florida United States Tag Team Championship (1 time)
NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team Championship (3 times)
NWA Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship (1 time)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked them # 71 of the best 100 tag teams of the "PWI Years".

Stampede Wrestling
Stampede International Tag Team Championship (2 times)

Southwest Championship Wrestling
SWCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time)

Universal Wrestling Federation (Bill Watts)
UWF Tag Team Championship (2 times)

World Wide Wrestling Alliance
WWWA Tag Team Championship (2 times)

World Wrestling Council
WWC North American Tag Team Championship (1 time)
WWC World Tag Team Championship (2 times)

Other Titles
International All-Star Wrestling Tag Team Championship (1 time)

Promo:
The Bushwhackers Talking about the Bolsheviks

Matches:
Tag Team Battle Royal, Demolition Vs.Nasty Boys Vs. The Rockers Vs. LoD Vs. Power and Glory Vs. The Bushwackers Vs. Orient Express
Fabulous Ones Vs. The Sheepherders, Chain Match, CWF
The Sheepherders vs The Mulkey Brothers
The Sheepherders vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper and Rick Martel, This is the Tail end of the match with interference from Buddy Rose, Portland Wrestling, 1980
Bruise Bros.vs Sheepherders,Chicago Street Fight, Mid South
Ron & Jimmy Garvin vs. Sheepherders - part 1, CWF
Ron & Jimmy Garvin vs. Sheepherders - part 2, CWF

Ill put up more later

Haha, this is awesome. This one comes completly out of left field. Nice job shadow, keep us on our toes.

When I get time I'm going to watch all of them. The Sheephearders were ultra violent in there day. The Bushwackers suck though.

Most of the matches are Sheepherders, just they don't have much in terms of Promos from that era. And it is also difficult to find anything on these guys anyway.
Luke Williams is Commisionor down in a Wellington based promotion now. Don't know what Butch Miller is up to these days.

Im doing this slightly early but the Wrestler of the Week this week is the Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla Chris Jericho:headbanger:

Jericho_Undisputed.jpg

I had to do this one for all the Jericholics; so Here it is.

Managers
Theodore Long
Ralphus
Jericho Holic Ninja
Howard Finkel
Chyna
Mr. Curtis Hughes
Stephanie McMahon
Trish Stratus

Nicknames
"The Sexy Beast"
"Y2J" (parody of Y2K)
"The Millennium Bug"
"The Living Legend"
"The King of the World"
"The Larger than Life Superstar"
"The King of Bling-Bling"
"The Man of 1,004 Holds"
"The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla"
"Moongoose McQueen"
"The Lionheart"
"One Bad Mamma Jamma"
"The Human Highlight Reel"
"The Highlight of the Night"
"The Epicenter of Excitement"
"The True Paragon of Virtue"
"RAW is Jericho"
"Monday Night Jericho"

Championships and accomplishments

Canadian Rocky Mountain Wrestling
CRMW North American Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
CRMW Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
CRMW North American Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Lance Storm

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
NWA World Middleweight Championship (1 time)

Extreme Championship Wrestling
ECW World Television Championship (1 time)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
2002 Most Hated Wrestler of the Year
PWI ranked him # 109 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the PWI Years in 2003.

West Coast Wrestling Association
WCWA Tag Team Champion (2 times, with Lance Storm)

World Championship Wrestling
WCW Cruiserweight Championship (4 times)
WCW World Television Championship (1 time)

World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment
WWF Undisputed Championship (1 time)1
WCW World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)2
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (7 times)
WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
World Tag Team Championship (3 times) (with Chris Benoit (1), The Rock (1), and Christian (1)
Ninth Triple Crown Champion
Third Grand Slam Champion

World Wrestling Association
WWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with El Dandy

Wrestle Association "R"
WAR International Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WAR International Junior Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Gedo

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
1999 Most Underrated Wrestler
2000 Most Underrated Wrestler
2003 Best Interviews

Promos
Chris Jerichos Debut on RAW
The Rock and Chris Jericho
The Rock and Chris Jericho
The Rock and Chris Jericho Interview
Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit make fun of Vince McMahon
The Spilling of Coffe on Kane

Matches
Lion Heart (Chris Jericho) vs Ultimo Dragon, Wrestle Association R

Wild Pegasus (Chris Benoit) Vs. Chris Jericho Part #1, NJPW
Wild Pegasus (Chris Benoit) Vs. Chris Jericho Part #2, NJPW

Chris Jericho Vs. Goldberg, WCW, Fall Brawl, 1998, This is a joke match

Chris Jericho Vs. Juventud Guerrera - WCW SuperBrawl 8, Title Vs. Mask

Chris Jericho Vs. Lance Storm pt.1, ECW one Night Stand, 05.
Chris Jericho Vs. Lance Storm pt. 2, ECW one Night Stand, 05.

Billy Kidman Vs. Chris Jericho, WCW

Scott Steiner Vs. Chris Jericho, WCW

Chris Benoit Vs. Chris Jericho pt. 1, WCW Fall Brawl, 1996
Chris Benoit Vs. Chris Jericho pt. 2, WCW Fal Brawl, 1996

Chris Jericho Vs. Rey Misterio Jnr. WCW, Souled Out, 1998

Chis Jericho Vs. Chris Benoit pt. 1, WWF, Judgement Day 2000, Submission Match
Chis Jericho Vs. Chris Benoit pt. 2, WWF, Judgement Day 2000, Submission Match

Jeff Hardy Vs. Chris Jericho, WWE No Way Out 2003

HBK & Jeff Hardy Vs. Chris Jericho & Christian pt. 1, WWE RAW NoDQ
HBK & Jeff Hardy Vs. Chris Jericho & Christian pt. 2, WWE RAW NoDQ

Chris Jericho Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin pt. 1, WWE, Steel Cage
Chris Jericho Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin pt. 2, WWE, Steel Cage

Chris Jericho Vs. Kane pt. 1, WWF Survivor Series 2000
Chris Jericho Vs. Kane pt. 2, WWF Survivor Series 2000

Dean Malenko Vs. Chris Jericho pt. 1, WCW Uncensored 1998
Dean Malenko Vs. Chris Jericho pt. 2, WCW Uncensored 1998
Dean Malenko Vs. Chris Jericho pt. 3, WCW Uncensored 1998

Ric Flair Vs. Chris Jericho, WCW Thunder, 8/1/98 (First Ever Thunder Show)

Edge Vs. Chris Jericho, WWF SmackDown!

Hanzo Nakajima Vs. Lionheart(Chris Jericho), Super J cup 1995, 1st round match up

Chris Jericho Vs. Eddie Guerrero, WCW Thunder, 15/1/98

Lionheart(Chris Jericho) Vs. Wild Pegasus(Chris Benoit) pt.1, Super J Cup 1995, 2nd round match up
Lionheart(Chris Jericho) Vs. Wild Pegasus(Chris Benoit) pt.2, Super J Cup 1995, 2nd round match up

There are a Lot more on youTube

Can someone delete Seans last post. I pissed him off by saying that he is wrong on a point.

As too this I did try to find his first WWF match on Smackdown after he debuted on the RAW against Road Dogg or Billy Gunn but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Nice solid choice again Shadowmancer. This is one of the most enjoyable threads on the site. Week in and Weekout you pick damn good talent and damn good matches.

Y2J, what the hell was WCW thinking when they let this man walk. You can see back in 98, this guy was the guy to carry the company, but due to backstage politics, the man was held back. This was imo, the first real cornerstone that WWE stole from WCW. Some will argue the Big Show, but Jericho i think is in a different league of his own.

Surprisingly enough the majority of the Matches on YouTube are WCW and not WWE, I couldn't find anything on like his matches against Shelton Benjamin or his promos against Cena. I found part of his WM16 match but it was only part 2 and not the start of it.

Heres a few Quote from the man.
Chris Jericho on Chris Benoit said:
Like I said, Benoit, I'll fight you anywhere. I will fight Chris Benoit in the ring... (picture on the TitanTron screen of Benoit standing in the ring), and Chris Benoit in the back... (picture of Benoit and Shane McMahon in the back) I will fight Chris Benoit on a boat... (picture of a man rowing a boat with Benoit's head superimposed) ...OR Chris Benoit with a goat! (picture of Benoit's head superimposed on a child in overalls riding a goat) Chris Benoit when the score is tied (picture of Benoit's head superimposed on a New York Yankee swinging a baseball bat) ...or Chris Benoit as a blushing bride! (picture of Benoit's head superimposed on a bride's body)...that one's my favourite too, I love that one. I will fight Chris Benoit while he is taking a quiz (picture of Benoit with a dunce hat added and "Y2J IS GREAT" repeatedly written as if on a chalkboard behind him) ...or Chris Benoit as the total JACKASS that he is! (picture of Benoit's head on a donkey's body, with rider) You see, Junior, I will fight you any day, because, baby, I am Y-2-J!

Chris Jericho said:
.... Whether you realize this or not Mick, you are the president of a very prestigious club. Yeah that's right. You're the president of the "I Just Beat the Living Hell Out of Triple H and Left Him Lying Within An Inch of His Life Club." And you know what? I want in! And I understand that it's a very very exclusive club. I mean I know it's much easier to get in to the "My Wife is Still a Filthy, Dirty, Disgusting, Brutal, Nasty, Rancid, Reeking, Putrid, Foul Smelling, Festering, Trash Bag Tramp Club....

The Man of 1 said:
Malenko, you claim to be the man of 1000 holds, but I counted, and you only know about 60. But I know 1004, and I wrote 'em all down! Now, here we go. Hold 1: Armdrag! Hold 2: Armbar! Hold 3: The Moss Covered, Three-Handled Family Gredunzel! Hold 4: Armbar! Number 5: The Saskatchewan Spinning Nerve Hold. Hold 6: Armbar! Hold 7: The Shooting Star Stape Superplex! Hold 8: Armbar . . . !

rofl he said armbar like twelve times...

Great pick Shadowmancer, I always loved Jericho even more then I did Benoit. Definately in the top five of all time IMO. I'll come back later when I've got more time and post some matches, I've got a ton on my computer that haven't been posted. :D

Y2J is one of my favorites and i would love for him to return to the WWE very soon. He is arguably the funniest guy on the mic(Even better than Rock IMO) and one of the overall best in-ring performers WWE had in the past 8 years. The only thing i do not like about him is the fact he still got the old "Break Down the Walls" music theme, i thought "The King of my World" music theme was way better but i guess he wanted to have something that he created even though Saliva's theme was way better IMO. Anyways, great pick Shadowmancer.

Great thread. I haven't got round to watching the matches but I hope too, I love the quotes, brings me back to yesteryear. :)

lol, true Shadowmancer people don't have time to watch all the matches posted, but I think of this thread also as kind of an archive of classic matches that people can go into anytime they want and be guaranteed to watch some great action from some of the best of all time. One of the reason's I love this thread so much. Now, I PROMISE to post some matches later, because I'm not even on my computer right now I'm on my roommates. lol, the son of a bitch went to bed with his girl in MY ROOM! DAMN YOU!

hmm you know a match i really would want to see on this archive is first ever money in the bank with jericho, but unfortunately i can't find it

Its not so much an archive because a few of the Alex Shelley ones have been pulled from YouTube, they pull the occasional match so it my result in a dead link. I tried to find Chris Jericho's first WWF/E match but it has been pulled, he lost it by powerbombing Road Dogg through a table, he then went and did a Liontamer on him. I love what the commentators said about it "Its an elevated boston crab with a little extra thrown in"

lol yeah i remember that, though i think ive seen road dogg vs jericho somewhere, ill upload it if i find it

When you think Chris Jericho, you have to think the Y2J vs. HBK match at Wrestlemania 19. One of the biggest matches of his career, which everybody wanted to see, since it was a dream match between two somewhat similar icons in wrestling history. I had to find this one for you guys, and I finally came up with it :

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/119668

Enjoy.

Another great choice for the wrestler of the week Shadow. It was crime that this guy was held back so much in WCW, he could of led that company against WWF, with his Charisma and in ring ability.

He has put on some terrific matches. I have really enjoyed watching a few of the ones that have been posted.

Found his Hell in a Cell encounter with Triple H

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh08j_wwe-chris-jericho-vs-triple-h-hiac

And Elimination Chamber from 2002

ttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuil9_survivor-series-2002-elimination-ch

Forgot the h at the beginning of that link there Wot, but thanks a ton for you guys who posted these matches and the HBK vs. Jericho match, truly a five star classic and Dave Meltzer needs to be shot for not recognizing it.

So who's gonna be this weeks wrestler of the week? I'll actually contribute this time, I was going to for Y2J but honestly you guys have already posted all of the matches of his I have on my computer.

Oh and thanks a ton Shadowmancer for the Syxx and Y2J match, I've been looking for that for years! Great match.

Youll just have to wait I have chosen a very good name to go into this. They have WM16 with the Triple Threat on YouTube with Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho, but they only have the second half of that match But as I said this is big one that will be coming up for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back