• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sam's Thread of Chattin' w/ Jake & Other Robust Subjects

1. Room ★★★★★
  2. 10 Cloverfield Lane ★★★★
  3. Anomalisa ★★★★
  4. Creed ★★★★
  5. The Revenant ★★★★
  6. Everybody Wants Some!! ★★★★
  7. Swiss Army Man ★★★★
  8. The Hateful Eight ★★★★
  9. The Witch ★★★★
  10. Captain America: Civil War ★★★★
  11. Love & Friendship ★★★★
  12. Train to Busan ★★★★
  13. The Girl with All the Gifts ★★★★
  14. Green Room ★★★★
  15. Your Name ★★★★
  16. Bone Tomahawk ★★★★
  17. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ★★★★
  18. The Childhood of a Leader ★★★
  19. Arrival ★★★
  20. Hell or High Water ★★★
  21. Finding Dory ★★★
  22. Kubo and the Two Strings ★★★
  23. Moana ★★★
  24. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ★★★
  25. The Nice Guys ★★★
  26. Hail, Caesar! ★★★
  27. Zootropolis ★★★
  28. Spotlight ★★★
  29. Deadpool ★★★
  30. Dangal ★★★
  31. Supersonic ★★★
  32. The Secret Life of Pets ★★★
  33. Rams ★★★
  34. Doctor Strange ★★★
  35. Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping ★★★
  36. Hunt for the Wilderpeople ★★★
  37. Ghostbusters ★★★
  38. The Survivalist ★★★
  39. The Big Short ★★★
  40. Suicide Squad ★★★
  41. Star Trek Beyond ★★
  42. The Little Prince ★★
  43. Tale of Tales ★★
  44. The Jungle Book ★★
  45. Goosebumps ★★
  46. Eddie the Eagle ★★
  47. High-Rise ★★
  48. Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice ★★
  49. The Greasy Strangler ★
  50. X-Men Apocalypse ★
  51. The Assassin ★

Another to add to the pile, though possibly the only that Jake hasn't seen. I'm unsure how large an Indian population Stoke has and I'm not about to look it up.

[YOUTUBE]x_7YlGv9u1g[/YOUTUBE]

Speaking of which, there is a rumor going that many major studios are working on an idea were you can prefer new films the day they come out in the theatre for something like 70$.

I'll probably never go to the cinema again. Jake, what say you ?

If they did that, it'd be a year before it was twenty dollars, then another year before it was ten dollars.

Not that Jake doesn't like being frivolous with money but I get the sense he's just glad to get out the house. One sympathises.

Yeah, the only films I watch at home are Frozen and Barbie in The Magic Kingdom. I don't have the patience unless I'm trapped in a cinema screen.

My top 5 are Hell or High Water, Don't Think Twice, Zootopia, Moonlight, and 10 Cloverfield Lane.

That's in no particular order except for Hell or Highwater. That's definitely number one.

If I remove The Revenant and Creed to be more authentically American, we're left with Room, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Anomalisa, Everybody Wants Some!! and Swiss Army Man, which feels true enough to how I feel. I'm not sure what Don't Think Twice or Moonlight are, so they might join The Shallows on my to watch list.

I tried to think of categories but then I remembered how badly I struggle to recognise individual facets of films. Off the top of my head:

Performance: Daniel Radcliffe, Swiss Army Man

Director: Charlie Kaufman, Anomalisa

Score: Scott Walker, The Childhood of a Leader

Those are basically the three things that make up a film, right? God, this is hard when you can't just award everything to Mad Max.

I can't be fucked watching new films anymore - it's exhausting and they all make my girlfriend cry. My next three cinema films are gonna be No Country For Old Men, Cowboy Bebop: The Movie and Beyond The Mat (which I've never actually seen).

Beyond the Mat is somewhat outdated, but a decent watch. Jake Roberts is a fuckhead.

I would do a top 5 but I think I only went and saw 5 movies total.

Batman superman

Avengers

Star War

Deadpool

.....ummmm

Beyond the Mat is somewhat outdated, but a decent watch. Jake Roberts is a fuckhead.

I would do a top 5 but I think I only went and saw 5 movies total.

Batman superman

Avengers

Star War

Deadpool

.....ummmm

For a second I thought you were listing Batman/Superman in your top 5 of the year and not just one of maybe 5 you saw this year. That would have saddened me, because that film was the biggest steaming pile of boring shit I've seen in a long time and easily the worst Batman film after Batman vs. Robin. Actually, no, atleast I can find kitschy entertainment value from Batman vs. Robin, Batman vs. Superman was just a lifeless mess that felt about eighteen hours long.

Do you mean Batman & Robin or was there a film where Batman kicks the shit out of Robin for two hours and I missed it somehow?

2016 - ☆☆☆ Passengers ☆☆ Why Him?

2017 -
☆☆☆☆☆ La La Land
☆☆☆ Collateral Beauty
☆☆ Cafe Society, Monster Trucks and Silence

Collateral Beauty and Passengers are definitely my so bad they're good faves of their respective years

The compulsion to go and see films is strong but do I really want to see Silence or A Monster Calls? No. No, my horizons too broad and my tastes too eclectic. La La Land though, that looks like fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back