• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sam's Thread of Chattin' w/ Jake & Other Robust Subjects

I just got to meet - better not to use names - the guy who won an Oscar for Bridge of Spies. That's now ranked above the time at work I got to meet Shirley from Eastenders or the boy from About a Boy.

GOTG2 - A. Maybe my favorite marvel movie.

The Mummy (Tom Cruise) - D....Universal decided the only way to avoid their universe being off from a tone perspective is to use any and all tone a movie can have it in it all at once. Genuine popcorn flick comedy spots in a film that also features a baby decapitation.

I'm glad I'm not alone on how much I liked the new Guardians.

This is the most I've wanted to see The Mummy since I learned of its existence - i.e. still not very much.

1. Baby Driver ★★★★★
  2. Okja ★★★★★
  3. The Handmaiden: Director's Cut ★★★★
  4. Moonlight ★★★★
  5. Free Fire ★★★★
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ★★★★
  7. Colossal ★★★
  8. Get Out ★★★
  9. My Life As a Courgette ★★★
  10. Split ★★★
  11. The Big Sick ★★★
  12. War for the Planet of the Apes ★★★
  13. The Lego Batman Movie ★★★
  14. Toni Erdmann ★★★
  15. Jackie ★★★
  16. Hidden Figures ★★★
  17. Spider-Man Homecoming ★★★
  18. It ★★★
  19. Blade Runner 2049 ★★★
  20. Dunkirk ★★★
  21. Logan ★★★
  22. Death Note ★★★
  23. Wonder Woman ★★★
  24. Fate of the Furious ★★
  25. Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets ★★
  26. Shin Godzilla ★★
  27. Manchester by the Sea ★★
  28. La La Land ★★
  29. T2 Trainspotting ★★
  30. Mindhorn ★★
  31. Their Finest ★★
  32. Kong: Skull Island ★★
  33. Alien: Covenant ★
  34. John Wick: Chapter 2 ★
  35. Kingsman: The Golden Circle ★

Are you implying I need to see it a second time to understand its true layers of genius? Because I was thinking of breathing a sigh of relief that the Blade Runner sequel wasn't an incoherent mess, lamenting its runtime, and moving on with my life.

Hootie tootie disco cutey

But I do think "I have enough free time to watch Blade Runner 2049 three times" is quite the statement.

I'm having a not insignificant amount of existential anxiety about seeing Blade Runner 2049 and you guys aren't helping.

If you want to see it as the director - and cinematographer - intended, don't watch it in IMAX. There aren't many people that don't think it's a very pretty movie. You're a film nerd, you pretend to care about this shit as much as I do.

I thought that Blade Runner 2049 told a compelling story in a really interesting world.

That's about the length of it. Worth seeing, bring a strong bladder and be ready to be bored here and there.

If you all you want is to watch Ryan Gosling walk around looking vaguely perplexed then this is the movie you've been waiting for.

It's not like there aren't shorter movies with Ryan Gosling walking around looking vaguely perplexed. It's like you're pretending Drive and Only God Forgives didn't happen

Wonder Woman - A-

Outside of the willfully silly action segments, absolutely tremendous

Pirates Of the Caribbean (the new one) - C+ small scope but perfectly acceptable. Captain Salazar was awesome. Def has my vote for Villian of the year at the MTV movie awards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back