Sam's Thread of Chattin' w/ Jake & Other Robust Subjects

You're going to give me Ronan as an example of a good villain? Ronan? The fuck out of here.

If you're just going to sit around all day complaining about things without providing any reasons then I'm going to express my joy somewhere else.

Just kidding, whenever I post things on reddit I get like, no responses.

Ragnarok spends ages building up a supporting character who will be sidelined, or maybe won't even appear in Infinity Wars. This is whilst neglecting the main threat from the film. Nothing matters in these films. It's like Kingsman for kids.

Really they just want to make buddy comedies and I'm not sure why they don't.

October:

☆☆☆☆☆ Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Train To Busan
☆☆☆☆ Blade Runner 2049, Society, The Omen, Seoul Station, The Mountain Between Us and Goodbye Christopher Robin
☆☆☆ The Birds, Jigsaw, B&B, Thor 3, The Snowman, Friday The 13th: Part 2 and Friday The 13th: Part VIII - Jason Takes Manhattan
☆☆ The Ritual, Flatliners, Victoria & Abdul, Call Me By Your Name, Breathe, Geostorm, Dario Argento's Inferno, The LEGO Ninjago Movie and My Little Pony: The Movie
☆ The Signalman

Blade Runner 2049, 4 stars.

Original Chain Saw, remake Flatliners.

The independent cinema in Derby might be a bit too far for you to travel buy they do a good job of capitalising on holidays. The horror all nighter was a bit of a chore, but going to see the original Miracle on 34th Street in a church on Christmas Eve seems like solid family fun. Though I'm sure London offers such things.

I'm having a hard time motivating myself to go see Suburbicon. It's a Coen brothers vehicle, great cast, trailer hit the right tone for me, all things that point to it being an enjoyable flick, but it's not getting a positive response critically.

It's one of those films that shows how far out of the loop I've fallen because I haven't heard about it at all until now. The current climate also means I'm more responsive to sincerity and positivity - which the Coen brothers can also do, granted - than irreverence these days.

The Prince Charles just off Leicester Square does marathons and all-nighters galore, but who has the time? I had to sleep through The Terminator during an Arnie all-nighter.

Can't say I was particularly impressed with Thor 3. Your critiques about the villain are definitely warranted. The whole thing felt like they were just going through the motions of another superhero movie, and I'm starting to get too old for that shit.

I don't remember Johnny Depp doing a fun accent in Thor but a lot happened, maybe I missed it.

It's been a slow year for film, but I'm still yet to watch The Red Turtle and Power Rangers.

Not surprised to hear Murder on the Orient Express was dull. Any time you see a star studded cast like that you know it's just an effort to cover up a shitty story. The same goes for Johnny Depp in general.

I am surprised to hear Johnny Depp was in Thor. I was able to tell that Damon was playing Loki, but I'm really, REALLY bad at identifying Johnny Depp when he's not wearing ridiculous amounts of make-up.

Edit: Dammit Jake, that wasn't Johnny Depp, that was Thor's IRL brother. That's how unable to recognize Johnny Depp I am!

I had a girlfriend and her brother was a Jack Sparrow impersonator. He used walk around doing the routine, even at family meals. I don't think I ever said a single word to him.

I turned off A Monster Calls twenty minutes in. Look, I don't know how to cope with loss, but I'm not going to learn now, am I?

Three stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back