• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sam's Thread of Chattin' w/ Jake & Other Robust Subjects

Also, if a "monkey movie" is simply a movie with a monkey in it, I would like to point out that Speed Racer expertly employs a chimpanzee as an actor.

Alpha 5 and Rita were the best bits of the new Power Rangers BY MILES.

Weird movie if it doesnt become a franchise. Decent movie if it does become a franchise.

The fact that I didn't even bother with the Power Rangers film shows I'm more immune to nostalgia than my professional wrestling obsession would suggest.

It was mostly to see Banks portray Rita, for me. Im a big fan of the show Modern Family, and that spark of crazy she has in her eyes/voice is 1. fucking hot 2. something I knew I wanted to see in a very challenging role

July

☆☆☆☆☆ Baby Driver and Kedi
☆☆☆☆ Spider-Man: Homecoming, War For The Planet of the Apes, 47 Metres Down, City of Ghosts and The Beguiled
☆☆☆ Despicable Me 3 and David Lynch: The Art Life
☆☆ The House, Captain Underpants, It Comes At Night, Fences and Cars 3

My film of the year so far is a documentary about cats in Istanbul.

Big week for me: The Big Sick, Dunkirk, and Valerian. Then again, I normally miss one when I promise to see three, so...

I really wanna see shapeshifting Rihanna.

1. Baby Driver ★★★★★
  2. Okja ★★★★★
  3. The Handmaiden ★★★★
  4. Moonlight ★★★★
  5. Free Fire ★★★★
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ★★★★
  7. Colossal ★★★
  8. Get Out ★★★
  9. My Life As a Courgette ★★★
  10. Split ★★★
  11. The Big Sick ★★★
  12. War for the Planet of the Apes ★★★
  13. The Lego Batman Movie ★★★
  14. Toni Erdmann ★★★
  15. Jackie ★★★
  16. Hidden Figures ★★★
  17. Spider-Man Homecoming ★★★
  18. Dunkirk ★★★
  19. Logan ★★★
  20. Wonder Woman ★★★
  21. Fate of the Furious ★★
  22. Manchester by the Sea ★★
  23. La La Land ★★
  24. T2 Trainspotting ★★
  25. Mindhorn ★★
  26. Their Finest ★★
  27. Kong: Skull Island ★★
  28. Alien: Covenant ★
  29. John Wick: Chapter 2 ★

Basically, what I'm saying is this: I'd much sooner fuck Ray Ramano than Harry Styles. Dude looks like Jeff Goldblum these days.

Nolan's bloodless style doesn't really mesh with a movie in which bombs literally land on people.

Any John Williams fans here? BBC Proms did a tribute to him last week.

An archaeologist, a shark, two alien refugees, the orient, an airport, a horse, a wizard, a giant, a slave ship, an imposter, a brood, an Olympic tragedy, and a space soap... Top stuff

I think that belongs to that weird sub-genre of heroic real life American films that barely register with me and normally star Mark Wahlberg.

1. Baby Driver ★★★★★
  2. Okja ★★★★★
  3. The Handmaiden ★★★★
  4. Moonlight ★★★★
  5. Free Fire ★★★★
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ★★★★
  7. Colossal ★★★
  8. Get Out ★★★
  9. My Life As a Courgette ★★★
  10. Split ★★★
  11. The Big Sick ★★★
  12. War for the Planet of the Apes ★★★
  13. The Lego Batman Movie ★★★
  14. Toni Erdmann ★★★
  15. Jackie ★★★
  16. Hidden Figures ★★★
  17. Spider-Man Homecoming ★★★
  18. Dunkirk ★★★
  19. Logan ★★★
  20. Wonder Woman ★★★
  21. Fate of the Furious ★★
  22. Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets ★★
  23. Manchester by the Sea ★★
  24. La La Land ★★
  25. T2 Trainspotting ★★
  26. Mindhorn ★★
  27. Their Finest ★★
  28. Kong: Skull Island ★★
  29. Alien: Covenant ★
  30. John Wick: Chapter 2 ★

I don't know where Luc Besson got the money for this film, because it looks fantastic, but it's all brought down by - no exaggeration - the least convincing romantic relationship I've ever seen depicted in a film. It's The Room in space.

I wanted Valerian to succeed. It's rubbish but they spunked $200 million on it and now that it's bombed all we'll get is Marvel films for eternity.

That's what happens when you cast a goblin man as Han Solo. Also, nobody wants late nineties era sci-fi anymore, no matter how fondly we all remember Lost In Space.

I think that belongs to that weird sub-genre of heroic real life American films that barely register with me and normally star Mark Wahlberg.

I'm an American and I couldn't give less of a shit about any of these movies whose sole purpose seems to be to glorify a dangerous profession. They've done it with miners, oil rig workers, they do it with cops like five times a year, so I guess now it's time for firefighters to get the spotlight.

Is Josh Brolin a poor, older version of Mark Wahlberg? To be honest I think I'd prefer Marky Mark over Brolin in just about any role...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back