• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sam's Thread of Chattin' w/ Jake & Other Robust Subjects

I was thinking of going to Philly for the Rumble. I am supposed to be saving money for a "house" (i.e. London slang for a preposterously expensive one bedroom flat) so I might just have to see how feasible it is for me to leave the country for four days without anyone noticing.

I'm still contemplating this.

Let the record show that I am 10,000% up for coming to Philadelphia for Takeover and for the Rumble. That's bucket list territory for me.

I'd be lying if I said I had a favourite Bond but I liked the one with Christopher Lee quite a lot. The Man with the Golden Gun? Decent.

ziK7gjX.jpg

1. The Handmaiden ★★★★
  2. Moonlight ★★★★
  3. Free Fire ★★★★
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ★★★★
  5. Colossal ★★★
  6. Get Out ★★★
  7. The Lego Batman Movie ★★★
  8. Toni Erdmann ★★★
  9. Jackie ★★★
  10. Hidden Figures ★★★
  11. Logan ★★★
  12. Fate of the Furious ★★
  13. Manchester by the Sea ★★
  14. La La Land ★★
  15. T2 Trainspotting ★★
  16. Mindhorn ★★
  17. Their Finest ★★
  18. Alien: Covenant ★
  19. John Wick: Chapter 2 ★

Well. That was not the cheerful, knockabout comedy that the trailer pitched it as. Not at all.

Things that film isn't about: buddies, romance, farce.

Things that film is about: domestic violence, alcoholism, mass murder.

☆☆☆☆☆ One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Neston
☆☆☆ The Other Side of Hope, The Eyes of My Mother, Alien: Covenant, Sleepless and A Dog's Purpose
☆☆ Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Miss Sloane, Snatched, Unlocked and King Arthur
☆ Manhattan and Baywatch

Baywatch, the worst film ever? Just maybe.

Does it continue The Rock's streak of being the best thing about bad movies? Because Jason Statham's after his crown, only sometimes Statham's in good movies too.

The advertising campaign in the US had a, "Look at us! We're not even trying to be PC at all here! The Rock calls the handsome guy a pussy! Isn't that fucking RAD?!?!?" feel to it.

Trying too hard.

20 seconds in and I knew it was going to be a disaster. If you like films that use "bitch" a lot then it'll be right up your street. But I refuse to believe there's more than 5 of those people in existence anymore.

1. The Handmaiden ★★★★
  2. Moonlight ★★★★
  3. Free Fire ★★★★
  5. Colossal ★★★
  6. Get Out ★★★
  8. Toni Erdmann ★★★
  9. Jackie ★★★
  10. Hidden Figures ★★★
  11. Logan ★★★
  12. Wonder Woman ★★★
  13. Fate of the Furious ★★
  14. Manchester by the Sea ★★
  15. La La Land ★★
  16. T2 Trainspotting ★★
  17. Mindhorn ★★
  18. Their Finest ★★
  19. Alien: Covenant ★
  20. John Wick: Chapter 2 ★

My giving Suicide Squad three stars really tied my hands on this. I really must stop giving stars out like candy. Competently made, absolutely woeful final twenty minutes.

Justice League is going to be terrible.

1. The Handmaiden ★★★★
  2. Moonlight ★★★★
  3. Free Fire ★★★★
  5. Colossal ★★★
  6. Get Out ★★★
  8. Toni Erdmann ★★★
  9. Jackie ★★★
  10. Hidden Figures ★★★
  11. Logan ★★★
  12. Wonder Woman ★★★
  13. Fate of the Furious ★★
  14. Manchester by the Sea ★★
  15. La La Land ★★
  16. T2 Trainspotting ★★
  17. Mindhorn ★★
  18. Their Finest ★★
  19. Alien: Covenant ★
  20. John Wick: Chapter 2 ★

Competently made, absolutely woeful final twenty minutes.

So every DC movie. Good to know.

You gave Suicide Squad 3 stars? What the fuck is wrong with you?

So every DC movie. Good to know.

There may have been 20 decent minutes of Suicide Squad. Actually nah, there was like 5 okay minutes and most of them involved Margot Robbie exposing some or most of her body.

Your totally irrational hatred of that movie yet grows.

DC has strong and interesting premises and characters and every film they do Just totally falls apart in the third act. Seems like this has yet to be addressed

You gave Suicide Squad 3 stars? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Look, you called me out at the time - you don't get to do it twice. Just know that I now have to give every DC movie at least three stars from here on out just for the sake of consistency. Never let it be said I'm not a man of principle.

Wonder Woman is basically a worse version of Hellboy, and I don't like Hellboy much except for the costume and creature design.

Your totally irrational hatred of that movie yet grows.

DC has strong and interesting premises and characters and every film they do Just totally falls apart in the third act. Seems like this has yet to be addressed

It's not irrational. I can, and apparently have, given numerous reasons why that movie sucks a massive yeti dick. It is by far the worst superhero movie I've ever seen. It's even worse than Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles reboot, and that movie also sucked.

Look, you called me out at the time - you don't get to do it twice. Just know that I now have to give every DC movie at least three stars from here on out just for the sake of consistency. Never let it be said I'm not a man of principle.

My bad, I guess my subconscious attempts to repress any memory of that film have been successful in this case.

It's not irrational. I can, and apparently have, given numerous reasons why that movie sucks a massive yeti dick. It is by far the worst superhero movie I've ever seen. It's even worse than Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles reboot, and that movie also sucked.

That is just ridiculous.

But yea it ain't no goddamn 3 stars though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back