Ryder's Pokemon Thread

Have you guys heard of the Nuzlocke challenge?

It's a challenge version of Pokemon

The rules are

1: you can ONLY catch the first wild Pokemon to attack you in any given area
2: when a Pokemon faints it's dead and can never be used again

I'd be interested to try it along with someone. See how far we could get

I could go for Nuzlocke on Pokemon Crystal. Fair warning, though, I play on an emulator at about 10x speed, so I'll probably be about halfway done with the game by the time most people are done with the second gym.

Here's a question: the dudes that upload videos to YouTube/the super competitive Smogon type wi-fi battlers... how do they get so many shiny Pokemon, and how do they have so many level 100s? I've never ever leveled up anything to 100 legitimately, and I'd imagine that it takes about two hundred hours or so of dedicated gameplay to get something that highly leveled.

How do they do it?

Most likely they use Pokégen. For anyone who doesn't know, it's a really easy-to-use program which lets you make any Pokémon you please with any moves/abilities/stats you want and upload it to your game using the GTS. The competitive battlers use it to make completely legal Pokémon in no time flat. Used it before, good stuff.

Or AR like Phatso said, but Pokégen seems to be considered more ''legitimate''. There's also Pokésav, but it's too complicated for me.

By the by, does anyone here play on Pokémon Showdown?

Most likely they use Pokégen. For anyone who doesn't know, it's a really easy-to-use program which lets you make any Pokémon you please with any moves/abilities/stats you want and upload it to your game using the GTS. The competitive battlers use it to make completely legal Pokémon in no time flat. Used it before, good stuff.

Or AR like Phatso said, but Pokégen seems to be considered more ''legitimate''. There's also Pokésav, but it's too complicated for me.

By the by, does anyone here play on Pokémon Showdown?

That makes a lot of sense considering these people seem to have these Pokemon trained exactly the way they want down to the EV values.

My heartgold team was a beast. Fully EV trained half by me and half by a buddy.

Tyranitar
Gallade
aradactyl
Shuckle
Lapras
Magmortar

Magmar has always been a Fav of mine and when he evolved I knew he would be a beast. Shuckle was house though. He was so strong. Not by attacking because his atk at level 100 is like 30.

I am beginning my Nuzlocke challenge... NOW! I will be sure to give you updates by gym/major event (team Rocket attack, etc.).

Update One

I just filled up my Pokemon party by catching a Rattata in Bellsprout Tower. In addition to that Rattata, I have my Cyndoquil starter, a Pidgey from Route 29, a Geodude from the bottom of Route 46, a Hoppip I'll never use from Route 30, and a Zubat from dark cave. I neglected to catch anything on Route 31, not realizing it was separate from route 30, so I guess that's a lost opportunity at a very valuable Caterpie or something.

Update 2- First Badge Achieved

Told you I'm fast. Falkner and his precious birds were little match for my Level 12 Geodude and his Rock Throwing powers. He grew to level 13 and will be learning the Mudslap TM that Falkner was gracious enough to hand over.

Along with my Level 13 Geodude, here is the rest of my party.

Zubat- Lvl 12
Cyndaquil- Lvl 12
Hopip- Lvl 4
Pidgey- Lvl 11
Ratata- Lvl 4

I'm going to be getting the old rod soon, and I plan on using that to catch a Magikarp in one of the towns (loophole lulz) which I will eventually evolve into a Gyarados.

Update 3- Second Badge

Once again, the power of Geodude and his Rock Throw proved too much for the gym leaders as Bugsy fell swiftly to my team. There have been a pair of casualties in my travels from Violet City to Azalea Town, those two dead Pokemon being my Ratata and Hoppip. However, their spirit lives on in their replacements: Magikarp and and Sandshrew, caught in Violet City and Union Cave respectively. I also caught a Spearow on Route 33 and a Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well, but both of those are currently in my PC, being stored in the event that the unthinkable happens to Pidgey or Magikarp.

My current lineup...

Magikarp- lvl 15
Pidgey- lvl 15
Geodude- lvl 16
Quilava- lvl 15
Zubat- lvl 13
Sandshrew- lvl 12

I'm obviously a very flight heavy team, so I'm quite wary of the potential of running into an electric type Pokemon. I'm hoping Geodude can handle those quite easily and save my flying type Pokemon from a gruesome death. I'll likely replace Pidgey once the right Pokemon comes along.

Update 4- About to Challenge Whitney

The winds of fortune blew in my favor after Bugsy, only to die down upon my arrival at Goldenrod. My first real challenge came when my rival, Dickpoo ambushed me on my way to Ilex Forrest. He lead off with his Ghastly, I lead with my Magikarp. Of course, Magikarp has no business facing Ghastly, so I made the switch to Geodude whom finished Ghastly off with a Magnitude. Croconaw was set to replace his ghostly comrade, and I have nothing that could properly handle a water type Pokemon, so I did what I had to and sent in Zubat to hit him with the Supersonic. Supersonic landed, and this gave me a fighting chance against the water-starter. Zubat was able to land a few bites before being forced out by dangerously low health, so I handed the game off to Pidgey, who was able to land a couple of Gusts to fell the Croconaw. That left my rival with naught but a Zubat, and Geodude was once again able to make quick work of the flying type.

Ilex Forest was about a push for me as I acquired a Kakuna. Not the worst thing I could get, but an Oddish or Paras would have been preferable.

I really struck gold once I exited Ilex Forest. After defeating the trainers on route 34 and wandering around the grass for what felt like seconds, I came across an Abra. "But JGlass," you're saying, "if that Abra teleports, as Abras are wont to do, then you'll miss out on a chance to get a Pokemon for this area!" That is true, but fear not my friends, for I have a great ball in my possession. A great ball on an Abra is by no means a guaranteed catch, but Arceus smiled upon me and my great ball caught the elusive psychic staple. It will take some training, but a Kadabra on my squad will be a most welcome addition and I nice replacement for Sandshrew.

Alas, things couldn't go my way forever, and upon the hatching of the egg that was given to be my the kind old man at the day care center, a lowly Cleffa popped out. I was hoping for a Smoochum or Elekid. Even a Pichu would have been a decent find, but instead I got a normal type I have no desire to use.

I've spent the last several battles building up Geodude further as my greatest challenge yet looms on the horizon: Whitney and her dreaded Miltank. This is a Pokemon that has spelled doom for many a trainer in the past, but unlike many of those trainers, if my Pokemon faint, they never come back. Ever.

My team is extremely susceptible to Miltanks rollouts and stomps, and while my Quilava can foil Miltank's Attract advances with its similar sex (come on Pokemon, it's the 21st century, same sex Pokecouples have the right to exist!), only Geodude truly stands a chance against the offensive capabilities of Miltank.

My team going into the gym...

Geodude- lvl 22
Pidge- lvl 16
Magikarp- lvl 17
Quilava- lvl 15
Zubat- lvl 14
Abra- lvl 10, will likely be replaced by Sandshrew- lvl 12 for the duration of the Whitney battle.

Update 5- That was anti-climactic (Tough Titties Whitney)

My plan to use Geodude worked to perfection. After taking out all of Whitney's lackeys, Geodude said, "No, you don't get to do ANYTHING," to Whitney's Clafairy, taking it out with a single Magnitude. Enter Miltank: the beast from the east, utter chaos with utters, the host with the moooooost (get it? because cows moo?)... the Pokemon that has sent many a trainer into fits of rage.

Miltank tries to rollout. That's cute, says Geodude as he takes minimum damage, answering with a magnitude, bringing Miltank to about 50% health. Miltank is locked into rollout, but Geodude doesn't care, and he dodges the second rollout attack! He answers with another magnitude, but alas, we get magnitude 4, and Miltank lives on.

The smart play for Whitney would be to hit Geodude with an Attract and hope against hope that Geodude is too busy making googly eyes at Miltank to finish her off, allowing Miltank to drink some of that delicious milk it produces and live to fight another day. But there is a reason Whitney is merely the 3rd gym leader in Johto and not standing tall on the other side of Victory Road: she's just not that good. She goes for another Rollout, and Geodude shrugs that off before finishing her with a Magnitude.

Cry Whitney, your tears give Geodude sustenance.

The only difference between before I entered the gym and after is that Geodude is now level 24, which I believe means he's one level away from Graveler status.

My first order of business now that Whitney is out of the way is to head over to the name rater and give Geodude a proper name. I'm thinking Hulk Hogan, because he's always going over in the end, brother.

Do you have the VBA-link app? If so, you can trade Graveller with yourself and evolve that sum'bitch into Hollywood Hulk Golem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back