• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ryder's Pokemon Thread

Find'er Woo'er Ryder

:( lost ma Mayhem Title
Well, I've been playing Pokemon Black 2 for a few weeks now and I went to play it again a few minutes ago and it erased. I'm going to start over and document it here. Now, I get bored of Pokemon if it is the same old thing so I am going to beat the entire game with 3 pokes. That's right 3! They can be dual types but cannot share types with eachother. Should be easy right? First thing to discuss....Which starter should I use?

Tepig. Easily the best starter. Easily the best end result after evolution. 3 pokemon eh? That's gonna be a tough one for you. I would suggest a Krookodile. The dark part of him is good against 2 of the elite 4.

I'm going to hijack this bitch, Ryder.... how about Phatso and Ryder play pokemon? I'm not too far into my game, i'm at the third badge?

Your on phatso. Krookodile sounds like a good 2nd pokemon. Tepig is a great starter. I enjoy the water one the best but tepig is the best.

I'm about to smack Colress upside his bitch ass Saturn ring hat, just got my 3rd badge.

Servine 26
Growlithe 21
Azumaril 19

Fun facts about Phatso and Pokemon
I nickname all my team pokemon, Servine is Moh, Growlithe is Rasp, and Azumaril is Jo-Jo
I refuse to use straight normal types
I've captured every single Poke in the first four games at least once.
I love using dual types

Favorite pokemon?
Gen 1: Vulpix and Gengar
Gen 2: Steelix and Crobat and Slugma
Gen 3: Corphish and Chimecho
Gen 4: Drifblim and Rhyperior
Gen 5: Trubish and Excadril

Favorite shiny
Metagross

I play with whatever team I feel, i'm an avid power player. I do speed runs, using only attacking moves, but I do know how to use non attacking stat boosting and lowering moves. I like speed boosters, and acc lowers.

But there are some really awesome straight normal types. Tauros, Ursaring, and Miltank are all badasses.

Favorite pokemon?

Zubat/Goldbat/Crobat get such a bum rap, but they're actually pretty solid Pokemon. Gotta love sending your Crobat out against a grass type and saying, "What the fuck are you gonna do about this? Nothing, that's what."

Been playing sapphire for a while now. Got my Swampert to level 51 & my Sableye to Level 37. Those 2 are my favorite. Currently traveling Victory Road beefing up Sable

I've always just found normal types to be bland, how about this J. I'll catch a Bouffalant asap, and use him untill the E4?

I just love Crobat for the speed, he's usualy my first poke out.

And Anus, I dont give a fuck if you're best friends with Satoshi Tajri himself. Stay the fuck out of this thread, peroid.

Here's a question: the dudes that upload videos to YouTube/the super competitive Smogon type wi-fi battlers... how do they get so many shiny Pokemon, and how do they have so many level 100s? I've never ever leveled up anything to 100 legitimately, and I'd imagine that it takes about two hundred hours or so of dedicated gameplay to get something that highly leveled.

How do they do it?

You grind, and if you train right you can have 10-20 level 100's between 100-150 hours, its not really that super hard. I had 18 or 19 on soul silver with like 130 hours. They get their shinys from soft resets, I've saw people talk about 500+ resets to get shiny legendarys. Basically if you have the "passion" *cough*nolife*cough, you can do it too. Also with the wifi trade stuff you can get your stuff that way.

But most use AR and lie about it.

Have you guys heard of the Nuzlocke challenge?

It's a challenge version of Pokemon

The rules are

1: you can ONLY catch the first wild Pokemon to attack you in any given area
2: when a Pokemon faints it's dead and can never be used again

I'd be interested to try it along with someone. See how far we could get

I'm about to smack Colress upside his bitch ass Saturn ring hat, just got my 3rd badge.

Servine 26
Growlithe 21
Azumaril 19

Fun facts about Phatso and Pokemon
I nickname all my team pokemon, Servine is Moh, Growlithe is Rasp, and Azumaril is Jo-Jo
I've captured every single Poke in the first four games at least once.
I love using dual types

Favorite pokemon?

Favorite shiny
Metagross

I play with whatever team I feel, i'm an avid power player. I do speed runs, using only attacking moves, but I do know how to use non attacking stat boosting and lowering moves. I like speed boosters, and acc lowers.

Servine would be a good starter, he has a horrible moveset though. Most of his attacks are grass making him pretty much useless against half field. His defense are really good but I'd take Treeko over him any day.

Need to get back to playing Pokemon Black soon or I will forget about it.

Thought the story lacked something but actually enjoyed the battling and training side of things far more than usual, probably because of there only being new Pokemon to fight, catch and train.

While I think Krookodile would be a good choice in a team of three, I think it would be more to do with him being able to use Earthquake rather than him being a Dark type. So many other non-Dark Pokemon can learn Dark moves that it makes having a Dark type somewhat redundant, much like how the number of Pokemon being able to learn Surf renders Water types largely unneeded.

As I said in JGlass' thread, my Stoutland, Emboar, Druddigon and Zebstrika all have dark moves that took out a sizeable chunk of the Elite 4. My squad was rounded out by Sigilyph and a surprisingly useful Sawk, whose speed and Close Combat probably had the biggest body count in my attack on the Elite 4, Champion and Team Plasma.

I have never bothered with Sawk, because he doesn't evolve and I'm under the impression that his stats are worse for it?

I came across this on YouTube last night. I love it.

[YOUTUBE]sKU8JFM2Ho0[/YOUTUBE]

Барбоса;4515617 said:
While I think Krookodile would be a good choice in a team of three, I think it would be more to do with him being able to use Earthquake rather than him being a Dark type. So many other non-Dark Pokemon can learn Dark moves that it makes having a Dark type somewhat redundant, much like how the number of Pokemon being able to learn Surf renders Water types largely unneeded.

At the risk of telling you something you already know, Pokemon that use moves that are the same as their type give the attack double attack power. So a water Pokemon that uses surf in a battle makes the move have 180 attack points instead of 90. That's the advantage of having a dark or water type Pokemon.

Dark type Pokemon also make a fairly nice foil to the all too common psychic Pokemon.

At the risk of telling you something you already know, Pokemon that use moves that are the same as their type give the attack double attack power. So a water Pokemon that uses surf in a battle makes the move have 180 attack points instead of 90. That's the advantage of having a dark or water type Pokemon.

Dark type Pokemon also make a fairly nice foil to the all too common psychic Pokemon.

I will not deny the usefulness of the double attack bonus or the immunities of some types but when it comes to making a well-rounded squad, I think that the proliferation of Dark moves and the ability of so many to learn Surf is definitely something that requires strong consideration.

Have you guys heard of the Nuzlocke challenge?

It's a challenge version of Pokemon

The rules are

1: you can ONLY catch the first wild Pokemon to attack you in any given area
2: when a Pokemon faints it's dead and can never be used again

I'd be interested to try it along with someone. See how far we could get

I'll do this but I need to know a couple more stuffs. So when you ditch a pokemon after it faints, can you replace it with another pokemon? If you've been to every area and caught a pokemon, can you get a pokemon from an area you've visited if there is no pokemon left that you can use?

No. Only the first Pokemon from the first random battle from the first time you enter the zone can be caught. If you get given the Pokemon by a character in game that's fine but you cannot even trade in a Pokemon from someone else's game. If all your Pokemon have fainted its game over

Most attempts I've seen or heard of at this get done over by the end game. They often make it to the elite 4 but they've lost too much diversity on the way to stand a chance

I caught a lillipup just because stoufland can learn surf. I think I will get Zorua and that will complete my team. Or maybe a silgilph.

My current Black 2 has a Zoroark. It takes quite a long time to get it to the point where it has Night Daze, but when it does and you have Nasty Plot I think it is, he kills jiggaboos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back