• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RVD vs Jerry Lynn at Hard Justice?

Oh LOL, F4Wonline at it again. Has anything they've reported about TNA ever been accurate? I'll wait until a credible source confirms it.

According to ProWrestling.net, RVD vs. Jerry Lynn is confirmed to happen at the Hard Justice ppv. No word on whether the TNA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line or not.

If Jerry Lynn gets a shot at the title, then it pretty much renders the TNA Ranking System in and of itself moot. To attempt to continue with it after this match takes place, IF it actually does take place and is for the title, would make the whole thing look like a joke.

I'm all for this, if this match goes down I think I might actually pay for a TNA PPV for the first time in several years, just for support of that match. Lynn-RVD was one of my favorite feuds during the end of ECW, and really almost awakened me as a kid to the realization that a great wrestling match could be an artform, that feud will always have a special place in my heart for planting the seeds for my eventual teenage smarkdom. Recently I've gone back and watched their series of matches again, and they were just as fucking excellent as I remember them being when I was staying up late to catch highlights of their matches on a local TV station.

Jerry Lynn has shown in ROH that at his age he can still out-wrestle just about anyone out there, and RVD has shown he's still got plenty of gas in the tank during his latest run with TNA, so I'm all for this match and greatly anticipate it if it does indeed happen. I really couldn't ask for a better main event.

Xfear, do you not think that the reason you enjoyed the RVD/Lynn matches so much in 1999 was because they were fresh? I think this is the worst match TNA could promote at the moment. The only thing I can see happening from this is that RVD is exposed as somebody who hasn't changed one inch in the course of a decade.

I thought their Guilty As Charged matches was average, I doubt they'll even be able to match that at this PPV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back