Jerry Lynn Announces His Pending Retirement

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, ECW great and indy legend Jerry Lynn announced that he will be retiring at the end of this year. He made the announcement after losing a match in New Jersey late last week.

At 48 years of age, Lynn stated the reason for his retirement is due to all of the various injuries he's sustained and that they've really caught up with him.

Whether or not Lynn stays gone is another thing altogether. I can see him coming out of retirement to work an occassional match at a big indy show here and there.

thanks for posting this because i havent heard anything about it until now it doesnt surprise me hes going to retire but hes always been 1 of those guys i liked watching and he always put on a good show espically with aj styles back in the early days of TNA or anytime with RVD...its just a shame he didnt spend enough time in wwe to get into the hall of fame.

I always liked Jerry Lynn's matches so it'll suck to see him go. Any match of his you ever saw you knew he was going to give it all.

Jerry Lynn is a great wrestler.

He never accomplished as much as he should have done and thats a shame, but its good that most serious wrestling fans respect how good he has been.

It still really annoys me that Lynn was told that there was no spot for him in the WCW/ECW Alliance during the Invasion, after he returned from injury when he was a former ECW champion and was FAR better in the ring than the likes of Justin Credible, Shawn Stasiak, Hugh Morrus and plenty of others who were given spots in the faction.

His matches against RVD and Steve Corino are some of my all time favourites, and I loved his work in the X-Division in the early days of TNA, and it was always a pleasure to see Lynn make occasional returns to TNA when required.

I am sad to hear this news, Lynn has always been a solid performer. Enjoy your retirement Jerry Lynn, the NEW FUCKING SHOW.

I saw him wrestle Dan Maff a few weeks ago and while I believe Maff was working hurt the match totally bombed. Wouldn't mind seeing him pop up in ROH for one last match.

I'm happy to learn he won't be Randy the Ram.

Seriously the guy has been a great wrestler, I always wished he would have been more important in TNA. He put the X Division on the map with all his matchs with AJ and Lowki but then disappeared.

its just a shame he didnt spend enough time in wwe to get into the hall of fame.

Actually, that doesn't matter at all.

Last year, Abdullah the Butcher was inducted into the HOF. He wasn't on TV during the induction, and he also wasn't ever on WWETV. He worked in the Indies for his whole career, and was in NWA, WCCW, and WCW. He appeared in RoH and ECW, but never stepped foot in a WWE, WWWF, or WWF ring.

Technically, Lynn could actually be inducted, and probably will.

He appeared in RoH and ECW, but never stepped foot in a WWE, WWWF, or WWF ring

Yes he did, he was Light Heavyweight Champion.

[YOUTUBE]4sO2mVuxHpw[/YOUTUBE]

WWE could have had a great feud with Jerry Lynn and RVD after the Invasion, they already had the back story between the two from their ECW days (and weren't bothered about mentioning wrestlers history from other organisations), but instead they had a 1 off match on Heat for Van Dam's Hardcore title. What a waste!

[YOUTUBE]o58xfHeKs-M[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back