• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Former two-time TNA X Division Champion announces his retirement

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Former two-time TNA X Division Champion Petey Williams announced his retirement from pro wrestling last night on Twitter. Williams was signed by TNA in 2004 and stayed with them until late 2009, making a few appearances since then.

Petey's last match will come against another former TNA star, Chris Sabin, at a XICW event in Clinton Township, MI on Saturday. Petey wrote on Twitter:

"This Saturday at @XICWDetroit its my last wrestling match. Stop by if you are in the area."
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-from-pro-wrestling-this/#GlmyJxk0brxTGOb6.99

Guy is only 32 :confused::sad:

The Canadian Destroyer is pretty much the move that introduced me to TNA back in 2004, it impressed the hell out of me at the time. I miss the good old days of Team Canada.

I always liked petey williams he was a good wrestler and shoud have been tna champion.

I've watched tna off and on for a long time and for the past couple years I have watched it every week but I really don't know who Petey Williams is that much but his finisher is amazing!

I didn't get to see too much of his time in TNA.
I remember he was a mini Scott Steiner for a bit and I thought that was silly.
I know when he left TNA a lot of people online were upset by that and over time I've seen people say they wish he would go back to TNA full time.
If he's as good as people say then it kind of sucks that I missed most of his run. The mini Scott Steiner thing totally turned me off him though and made me think he was a joke.

Until they see Adam Cole's variation of the Canadian Destroyer, where they then release the fluid from their bladders...

....from laughter because it looks ridiculous.

At least Petey makes it look good. Jumping off the ropes like Cole does just makes it more apparent that the opponent is really what makes the move work.

Canadian Destroyer > Panama Sunrise

Until they see Adam Cole's variation of the Canadian Destroyer, where they then release the fluid from their bladders...

Not going to lie, but I was close to easing up on the ol' bladder muscles myself after seeing that.

Elgin could've sandbagged it with nostril resistance, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back