2- 3 Hour TNA Specials Tapings Will See Return of Former Stars

UrUp

Dark Match Winner
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING announces information for two (2) 3-hour special programming tapings to take place Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013. Fans will get the chance to experience “TNA Wrestling: X-Travaganza” featuring current and former stars of the X Division and “TNA Wrestling: Jokers Wild Tag Team Tournament” featuring tag team action.

TNA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy will make an appearance and will be available for in-ring photos following the evening event. All activities will be at the IMPACT Zone at Universal Studios Orlando.

“TNA Wrestling: X-Travaganza” will feature an Ultimate X Match, an X-Scape Cage Match, and the return of former X Division stars including Petey Williams, Amazing Red, Matt Bentley and Jimmy Rave. Jerry Lynn will also be making a return as part of his farewell tour before his retirement later this year and will be facing long time rival Rob Van Dam.

“TNA Wrestling: Jokers Wild Tag Team Tournament” will feature teams selected at random competing with winning teams advancing to a 12-man Gauntlet Match with the winner receiving $100,000. Among those scheduled to take part in the tournament are Bobby Roode, Christopher Daniels, Rob Van Dam, James Storm, Samoa Joe, Joey Ryan, Jessie Godderz, Matt Morgan, Robbie E, Mr. Anderson, Robbie T, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Hernandez, Zema Ion and Doug Williams.

Both events will feature TNA Superstars and additional surprise guests. -impactwrestling.com

I don't know when these 2 - 3 Hour tapings will be televised, but I'm excited to hear about Petey Williams being there. Hopefully, TNA can get him back on the roster he belongs. If this will be televised, I'd assume he'd be free to return full time.

The tapings are being held the day before Genesis apart of VIP weekend for the PPV.

I think this is a step in the right direction for the new year and I'd expect to see some other interesting names show up for the X-Travaganza show. AAA talent perhaps? El Generico?

I think this is good news to start of the new year and I'm curious and excited to see where this leads.

I'm always open to more TNA, and I'm especially excited about seeing what Petey Williams looks like and performs like these days, much like you, Battuh. I feel like we've been talking about the utter lack of depth in the X Division for well over a year now. What better way to re-stock the cupboards than to bring back former champions like Williams? I never cared about Bentley, Red or Rave, but for the nostalgia, I'm sure it'll be entertaining enough.

Last time I saw Williams he was sporting a fohawk hairstyle but that was at least a year ago.

Jimmy Rave coming back is kick ass. Hope they don't give him the stupid fucking guitar hero shit. If they'd let him be as good a heel as he was in Ring of Honor he'd be where Austin Aries was this time last year, on top of the X-Division without challenge. A tag team tournament sounds nifty too, by the way.

As for additional talents appearing, hope they contacted Elix Skipper and/or Low Ki. I highly doubt Ki will comeback again considering hes doing great in Japan, but for even a three second Triple Threat reunion I'd mark out.

Is this going to be a televised iMPACT or just some show they tape? I don't get it.

Either way, the only thing I care about here is Petey Williams being in a TNA ring again. He's the one guy I've been dying to see in TNA so here goes nothing.

Otherwise, I enjoy the X-Division bullshit so bring it on.

I'm always open to more TNA, and I'm especially excited about seeing what Petey Williams looks like and performs like these days, much like you, Battuh. I feel like we've been talking about the utter lack of depth in the X Division for well over a year now. What better way to re-stock the cupboards than to bring back former champions like Williams? I never cared about Bentley, Red or Rave, but for the nostalgia, I'm sure it'll be entertaining enough.

Red and Petey alone would make the Division so much better. Red is nothing special, but he's the type of spot monkey you need to populate the division that the division has been lacking.

Also, I hope these specials are shown on tv and not PPV. I think most would agree that Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, and Bully Ray have been pretty good too awesome and have raised their value over the last year, but unless you're one of the 10-20k fans who actually buy TNA ppvs (if reports are accurate) you've probably missed most if not all of their glorious moments.

It'd be like asking someone who didn't watch TLC what they think of The Shield. If you're just a casual Raw viewer and you don't watch PPVs, you'd never realize how good certain guys are, especially if they're at there best on PPVs.

For example, I find James Storm rather bland on Impact, but I know when he shows up at that PPV, he's going to put on a good match like he did at BFG. If only 20-30k of Impacts 1.5 million avg audience saw Storm/Roode at BFG, then I wouldn't expect them to care that much to tune into Impact to see them.

And when fans do see Aries/Roode/Bully/Storm wrestle once or twice a month on Impact, it's usually them holding back and not near the caliber of a PPV match.

That's why I'd like to see them putting more PPV caliber shows on tv (saturday/sunday night specials) so the fans can see what these guys can actually do. And perhaps this IS the beginning of that, especially with TNA cutting back on PPVs.

It doesn't say anything about when it will air and if it will be TV/PPV. It does say it's a special programming taping though, so I'm sure it will air somewhere.

TNA IMPACT Weekend of events:
Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013
8:00pm ET - IMPACT WRESTLING Live

Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013
1:00pm ET - 3-hour Special Programming taping presented by TNA Wrestling
7:00pm ET - 3-hour Special Programming taping presented by TNA Wrestling

Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013
8:00pm ET - “Genesis” Pay-Per-View Live

Fans can purchase a VIP Weekend package which will include early admission to all shows, a VIP Reception and photograph in the ring with “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy. Tickets cost $99.99 per person and can be purchased at ShopTNA.com. Full list of events are below.

I'd expect Lince Dorado to be at the 1/12 X Division event as D'lo Brown just re-tweeted this for him.

Lince Dorado: Huge announcement to be made next Wednesday about 1/12! Want to know what it is in advance? I'll let everyone know early if I get to 700!

I believe the point of these tapings is to air in the British markets. When these tapings were first announced about three or four weeks ago it was pointed out that they are contracted to air the twelve PPVs they normally hold in America on their network provider in the UK as specials. Since they have decided to cut two PPVs from the schedule they needed to tape special programming to fill that obligation. I'm not sure if there is a plan to air these here in the states.

TJ Perkins is rumored to be a part of these tapings, likely under the Puma mask.

As for surprise guests, PWG is holding their DDT4 show that weekend, so unfortunately none of the confirmed talent for that show is a possibility for these tapings. El Generico is also out as a possibility since he had to pull out of DDT4 with an injury.

Amazing Red is nothing special, but again he's your Evan Bourne spot monkey that can put on good match openers to get you excited. He fills in the Division

Would love to see Petey Williams back. Little Petey Pump was the best TNA could've done for him.

I am really confused about this, and TNA hasn't exactly been helpful in their description. It doesn't say these are TV tapings. It says they are "special programming tapings", which kind of makes me think they're not going to be televised. You'd think they would be, but it also might be cool if they were just doing like, two new DVD releases. I'd buy it!

I'm kind of torn. On one hand, I don't want this to be a TV taping, because I was hoping TNA would stay live every Thursday for as long as possible. On the other hand, both these events sound fucking AWESOME. I wish I had money to fly out to Orlando. $100 for both these tapings, and early access to Genesis live, and all that extra crap? Do you realize how ridiculous of a steal that is?

I'm especially looking forward to that tag team tournament. Both divisions need a LOT of help right now, but with all those guys scheduled to temporarily return to tag team action, I'm about to explode with excitement. Can you say, hostile Beer Money reunion? Maybe a Jesse/Robbie E tag team?

EDIT: I have sent email to TNA via the Wrestlezone account to confirm what's going on next weekend. Should they respond, I'll let you guys know.

Well I hope the shows are Televised, As I'm a fan of Williams and Rave and it will be nice to see these two back in a TNA ring. I'm also hoping that this could lead to both men returning to the TNA roster full time. I am also hoping that TNA use the show to help rejuvenate the X division and put it back in the spotlight where it should be.

I am really confused about this, and TNA hasn't exactly been helpful in their description. It doesn't say these are TV tapings. It says they are "special programming tapings", which kind of makes me think they're not going to be televised. You'd think they would be, but it also might be cool if they were just doing like, two new DVD releases. I'd buy it!

I'm kind of torn. On one hand, I don't want this to be a TV taping, because I was hoping TNA would stay live every Thursday for as long as possible. On the other hand, both these events sound fucking AWESOME. I wish I had money to fly out to Orlando. $100 for both these tapings, and early access to Genesis live, and all that extra crap? Do you realize how ridiculous of a steal that is?

This is for international audiences. Since TNA is doing less PPV programming this year they have to do more stuff for their international agreements. That's why they are taping these two three hour events.

This has nothing to do with Impact on Thursday nights.

This is for international audiences. Since TNA is doing less PPV programming this year they have to do more stuff for their international agreements. That's why they are taping these two three hour events.

This has nothing to do with Impact on Thursday nights.

Can you confirm that in any way, or is it just further speculation with no actual proof? Because TNA has yet to announce what they'll be doing with these two 3-hour specials.

^ No and why would they? The people who are going to these tapings will never see them on television anyway. These tapings are probably taking the place of the February and April/May(We don't if we are getting a PPV in April or May) PPVs that aren't happening. Lucky international fans. Especially in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back