Dixie Carter Announces TNA Hall-of-Fame; Sting Will Be First Inductee

You know ever since TNA came up with their HoF and inducted Sting into it I've been asking myself why was Sting the first one? You have men like Rick Flair and Hulk Hogan who have done more then Sting has for Wrestling. After I asked myself that I smacked myself in the head and asked myself 'What does Sting not have that HH and RF have' HoF rings from WWE. Sting has stated that he wants to wrestle Undertaker at WM. Now I know TNA just had it's own version of Wrestlemania in slammiversary and I give props to TNA for 10 years but WM is heading for it's 29th year. So seeing Sting being TNA's #1 inducty says to me that TNA did it just to beat WWE on something. Yes I know I know many will say that Sting has done alot and I agree but I think TNA pushed this just incase Sting jumps ship and desides to heard North and Challange the Undertaker.

I know people are gonna say im wrong and I wanna hear other opinions. I just gave mine. Intrested in seeing what people think.

Yes Hogan and Flair have done more for wrestling - but TNA's HOF isn't a general Wrestling hallf of fame - it's for people who have done the most for TNA - so Sting, while still trumped by guys like Jarrett, Samoa Joe, Chris Daniels and maybe Team 3D - did a LOT for TNA as an entity in the Spike TV era.

I personally would have put Jarrett or Hardy in first, but if Jarrett as put in then the HOF would be completely discredited since TNA is still considered a Jarrett company despite ownership changes.

As for Hardy.. well he's better off in a padded room with no access to drugs, bathsalts or shoelaces.

Comedy, TNA is not worthy of a Hall of Fame, and if it was Jeff Jerrett should be the first inductee. This is just a bone thrown at Sting to make sure he does'nt run off to WWE this Mania to have one last match and retire having had ONE match with WWE.
I am not saying it would have happened, but TNA will do anything to make sure it certainly never does.

I give props to Dixie Carter for trying to put as much prestiege into her company as possible before it is deserved, but it is looking borderline desperate and its just not on.
If they add 5 people to the HoF each year they are almost certain to be inducting current members of the roster from now until daddy's money runs out.

If that clueless woman gave the reigns to someone like Paul Heyman then sat back and made some Sandwhiches TNA would be a force that WWE would have to keep tabs on from time to time at th very least.

You lost your credibility at Paul Heyman. Paul Heyman is one of the biggest reasons the Pro Wrestling industry is in one of the worst places it's ever been - he lied and scammed people to obtain money and put marks in the ring beating each other with staple guns and street signs for $40 a night. Now fans can't believe how dangerous a steel chair is because of people smashing each others heads in a dozen times apiece to a simple 2 count. Wrestling was supposed to tell a story - Paul Heyman was all about moneyshots and schemes.

Yes Hogan and Flair have done more for wrestling - but TNA's HOF isn't a general Wrestling hallf of fame - it's for people who have done the most for TNA - so Sting, while still trumped by guys like Jarrett, Samoa Joe, Chris Daniels and maybe Team 3D - did a LOT for TNA as an entity in the Spike TV era.

I think that just about sums it up. There would certainly be eyebrows raised if Hogan was the first inductee LOL

Also just to clarify, Bound for Glory is considered TNA's Wrestlemania, not Slammiversary.

And Sting said he wants to face Undertaker, did he actually say it that way? If I remember the interview correctly he said it "would be nice" but that he was happy in TNA.

While I am a massive fan Sting I think Jeff Jarrett should've been the first induction to the tna hof followed by aj as they've been there from the beginning, however I would love to see a Sting vs Taker match at next years wm however I feel this will never happen.

I dont get why people say jarret HAD to be 1st. I put this as a comment in a WZ article...vince isnt in his HOF is he? Vinxe sr. in his HOF til 3yrs after it was created. Relax folks, jarret will be in eventually

I'm glad Hulk Hogan isn't in the TNA hall of fame and I think he should stay the fuck out of it. He should have his own hall of fame or an award that he presents once a year to an outstanding wrestler called the "Hulk Hogan" award.

Sting deserves to be honoured better than the TNA hall of fame too if you ask me. For the record I think sting vs undertaker would suck to the max. If you want to see that you may as well just walk into a retirement home, change the channel and watch the residents fight over who changed it cause you'd still be watching old farts trying to fight.

Crazy thought. Maybe they inducted Sting because he'd done so much for them. I mean, they said it themselves. He was the first major star they landed and thanks to him, set the pace for the likes of Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan to come in. No brainer, really.

I'd J.I.M.P. if Sting came out, won the Royal Rumble and said "Nope, I want the Dead Man!"

With that said, yes, he is a HoFer. And yes, TNA was basically rewarding him for everything he did for them, for wrestling, for being THE guy not to wrestle for VKM. But, I think Sting sees this as WCW 2.0 now, and he lived through that mess already. Who knows where his roads leads....

Like JimmyTehFreak said, I too believe that TNA Has inducted him because he has done a lot for the company, and very rightfully so. I am an example of the many that watched TNA because of thìs one person. Ric Flair is a guy that doesn't even have respect for the company, why should he even be considered?

Though TNA has been around for 10 yrs, they have had a lot of ppl on their roster since 2002. There's been WCW guys, WWF/E guys, ECW guys and home-grown talent. I think it's a good idea they now have one.

I agrre with you that Sting shouldn't be the first inductee. It should have been one of the NWA-TNA guys from 2002 like jeff or jerry jarret, Raven or Jerry Lynn. They put a lot of effort into the company during the early days. As far as flair and hogan are concerned, Hogans just messed up the company and flair hasn't done much (IMO) during his 2 yr run:disappointed:

You lost your credibility at Paul Heyman. Paul Heyman is one of the biggest reasons the Pro Wrestling industry is in one of the worst places it's ever been - he lied and scammed people to obtain money and put marks in the ring beating each other with staple guns and street signs for $40 a night. Now fans can't believe how dangerous a steel chair is because of people smashing each others heads in a dozen times apiece to a simple 2 count. Wrestling was supposed to tell a story - Paul Heyman was all about moneyshots and schemes.

Don't be dissing Heyman. The two ECW shows I went to in the 90's were more entertaining than the one WWE show I went to in 2001. The only thing Heyman is guilty of is not knowing how to balance a checkbook.

Sting is a very good first inductee. Although Jeff Jarret should of had that spot.

In general the first group of inductees Should be
Sting
Jeff Jarret
Kurt Angle
Jerry Lyn
Ron Killings or Christian

I just hope TNA actually take the time to turn this into a respectable thing. I dont this being it view as a joke instead of a way to honor guy that got TNA to were it is.

TNA having a Hall Of Fame is ridiculous. Though they do have the potential to make a good occasion of it.

One thing that bothers me about the WWE HOF is the number of inductees they have each year. Personally I couldn't care less if they induct Koko B. Ware. However, when they did induct him it should've been his show. An Evening With Koko.

There should be one inductee and the whole evening should be dedicated to them. Hopefully this where TNA go with this. Sting is more than worthy of having a whole ceremony dedicated to him.

Goes without saying TNA won't go this route. They'll probably have a similar number of inductees as WWE have each year. If TNA don't announce that singer (who he?) that Jarrett pushed outta the way on the first (or one of the first) episode of iMPACT! as the first member of their celebrity wing I'll eat my pants.

TNA put Sting into the Hall of Fame first because he deserves to be there. He will be retiring soon from wrestling and will not be joining WWE or their Hall of Fame. Sing has wrestled for many years but not for WWE and he is known thoughtout the world as a top wrestler. I think Jeff Jarrett and his father my be next in TNA's Hall of Fame or either Randy Savage and his family. I'm glad TNA has their own Hall of Fame. I don't think TNA should wait for 10 or 15 more years to began their Hall of Fame because haters don't feel they deserve to have one. TNA has many original and legend wrestlers who I'm sure are pround that TNA now has their own Hall of Fame. Many wrestlers join WWE because they make more money and have a Hall of Fame hoping to be inducted one day. As long as TNA put qualified people in their Hall of Fame I don't see anything wrong with them having one.

People make big deals outta virtually nothing. You know what? Not every single wrestler will be WWE hall-of-fame inductees. Things happen. The TNA hall-of-fame will be great for those like Jeff Jarrett or Sting who will probably never get inducted in WWE but get remembered via TNA's hof. Can't people just be happy that there are two halls of fame?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back