What if Randy Savage is the First Inductee?

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
100randy_savage4.jpg

Sure, Randy Savage is well known for his work on WWE and WCW more than anything but he did work for TNA Wrestling for a year, back in 2004. It wasn't an impressive year in any shape or form but Randy Savage is the biggest legend not to be a part of WWE's Hall of Fame in my opinion. (I must be forgetting someone...)

Anyway, TNA Wrestling announced their Hall of Fame and if I heard correctly they will announce it soon, not sure when. Many of us believe that Jeff Jarrett, Sting or AJ Styles, or even Jerry Lynn and Raven should go first but what if TNA Wrestling inducts "The Macho Man" Randy Savage as the first inductee?

After all it would be a big screw you to WWE after all the issues Savage and McMahon had prior to his death...

What are your toughts on this?

I seriously doubt it and it would be rather dumb. Savage hardly did anything in TNA and wouldn't TNA have to get Lanny Poffo's & Savage's widow's permission for him to be inducted? Savage didn't want to be inducted into any HOF without his brother & father and Lanny & Savage's widow should be smart enough to know that the TNA HOF is the last place where Savage belongs since he only competed in one match there.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I don't think they should pick him, at all. But this is a "What If" thread. I'm not defending that option I'm just asking what if they did it. After all he is TNA alumni.

Firstly, the whole TNA only been around for 10 years hall of fame is a joke, and it appears it was done as a kneejerk reaction to what happened with Flair at the WWE's this year.

That being said. If they do actually want to honour people who helped get them going, then Ken Shamrock, Sting, and like it or not, but Jarrett himself are the names I'd suggest.

a Hall of Fame doesn't mean the person has to be on your show at one point to be eligable.
It is to honor the people who helped make wrestling what it is today.
I would have to say Sting would be the first one inducted, buut you will see inductions of people that haven't been inducted through WWE Hall Of Fame because Vince is a asshole. Like Ultimate Warriorm and Bruno Samartino, and many others that won't have anything to do with WWE.
I don't think it's a stupid idea, because there are people that deserve to be in there, and WWE isn't going to put all wrestlers in the Hall Of Fame.

would be cool but won't happen. Savage didn't work with them long enough for it to count. and it wouldn't be much of a screw you to wwe - rumor is they were interested before but Savage wanted the family, not just him, inducted and wwe wasn't interested. plus it isn't much of a screw you it doesn't make sense why he is being indcuted. first guys in will be Jeff Jarrett and maybe his dad.

I just want Macho to get what he deserves, which is the hall of fame. It hurts me when i look at the WWE H.O.F and i see the names of Hogan, Piper, Andre. Those guys really deserves it, but Macho was along with them in the '80s to shape wrestling as an american culture. It pains me to not see Macho's name alongside those name. If he goes in the TNA Hall then im excited because he deserves it.

100randy_savage4.jpg

Sure, Randy Savage is well known for his work on WWE and WCW more than anything but he did work for TNA Wrestling for a year, back in 2004. It wasn't an impressive year in any shape or form but Randy Savage is the biggest legend not to be a part of WWE's Hall of Fame in my opinion. (I must be forgetting someone...)

Anyway, TNA Wrestling announced their Hall of Fame and if I heard correctly they will announce it soon, not sure when. Many of us believe that Jeff Jarrett, Sting or AJ Styles, or even Jerry Lynn and Raven should go first but what if TNA Wrestling inducts "The Macho Man" Randy Savage as the first inductee?

After all it would be a big screw you to WWE after all the issues Savage and McMahon had prior to his death...

What are your toughts on this?

um, a year, REALLY??? He wrestled a handful of dates, and when Jarrett refused to put the belt on him, he left the company. Randy Savage would be nowhere near the top of a NWA/TNA Hall of Fame. The obvious candidates are Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe. But if it is going to only induct guys who are retired and not still currently active, the TNA have a huge task on their hands. TNA isnt old enough to have guys who had a lengthy run then retired. I think TNA having a Hall of Fame after 10 years is pretty stupid actually.

Not only is the idea of Savage being in the TNA Hall of Fame dumb, so are threads based on hypothetical situations.
I'm sure the 'E could care less about 'getting the shaft' from TNA if Savage is inducted. They, as well as most intelligent wrestling fans, know that the TNA HoF is a joke... and quite honestly, so is the WWE's.

I don't think it will be Savage would be nice though. I could see it being Hogan that way he can hold acclaim to having two HOF rings as well as naitch

For the record I don't think he ever will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame... with that said, let's play devil's advocate and assume he were to be inducted. I don't really think McMahon would care in all honesty. Look at what he's done in the past few months, he inducted Ric Flair a second time WHILE RIC FLAIR WAS WORKING FOR TNA. On top of that he added Sting to the alumni page of his website while sting has been one of the franchise players for TNA basically since its inception. He openly features Hogan/Angle/Dudleys on various clips as well even though they all work for TNA. He no longer views TNA as a threat so I highly doubt McMahon would care if Savage was inducted especially considering as has been discussed on this forum, honestly Savage doesn't belong in a TNA HOF considering he had one match with them.

I doubt he'd be the first inductee. The first inductee will be someone who helped get the company off the ground like Sting, Ken Shamrock or Jeff Jarrett. Maybe somewhere down the line when TNA runs out of legends to induct ( which will be VERY soon) Savage might be inducted

While it would be nice to see Savage honored in such a way, it honestly shouldn't be him.

Savage is a legend, there's no debating that, but he was only in TNA long enough to have a cup of coffee and a bowel movement. I'd say that the vast majority of fans that watch TNA now have little to no idea that Savage was even part of the company. I didn't even know until a few years back and that was due to posting online and I'd been watching TNA for a few years by that time.

I'm not saying that Savage shouldn't go in some day, but he shouldn't be the first. Quite frankly, there are lots of guys that were in TNA much longer, some of which are still there, and/or have done so much more for TNA as a company than Savage. I'm not ignoring Savage's contributions to wrestling overall but with TNA's first inductee into their HOF, it needs to be someone that really helped to build the company. There'll be times to honor other guys for their contributions to TNA & wrestling as a whole at a later time. There'll be times to put in the bigger named legends but I'd rather see TNA put over "one of their own" in this situation because, personally, that's who needs the honor of going in first. Otherwise, it'd probably be another reason for people to criticize TNA for putting over an older veteran that's been a star in the bigger companies rather than someone that's put in the time for TNA.

I know that some fans, mostly TNA marks, that get a huge thrill from seeing TNA take shots at WWE, but it's time to get over that. It no longer has the edge to it that it once did, the vast majority of fans don't give a shit about the pot shots anyhow and this should be something done with class and dignity instead of TNA trying to pull a childish "n'yah n'yah" moment.

...this should be something done with class and dignity instead of TNA trying to pull a childish "n'yah n'yah" moment.

Which is exactly what it would be. I mean, what a kick in the butt it would be to see TNA actually perform a cheap stunt like that. It makes me think of Babe Ruth. After 15 amazing years with the Yankees, he played 28 games for the Boston Braves before calling it quits. Can you imagine him going into the Hall of Fame as a Brave? It's ridiculous, but no more ridiculous than the Macho Man being inducted by a wrestling organization for whom he wrestled a mere handful of matches after a legendary career with the Yankees.....er, WWE.

If TNA does this, it would cheapen their image even more than they've already managed to do. Some people wonder why WWE doesn't criticize TNA on the air. Really, there's no need; TNA does enough unaided to kick sand in their own faces than anyone else ever could.

Better to have Savage inducted into the Slim Jim Hall of Fame than TNA's.

I don't watch TNA and didn't in 2004 so someone help me. Was he in TNA longer than the Four Horsemen were in WWE? Did he work as many matches in TNA as Verne Gagne did for the WWE?

I don't watch TNA and didn't in 2004 so someone help me. Was he in TNA longer than the Four Horsemen were in WWE? Did he work as many matches in TNA as Verne Gagne did for the WWE?

You tried to sound smart but failed. The WWE honored them for their work in various promotions, much of which the WWE basically owns now anyway (ie tapes, copyrights etc), so it isn't as if the WWE are saying VERNE GAGNE WWE SUPERSTAR!

If TNA were actually going to honor savage, it would only be for those few small appearances. As, I fail to see how they can honor his career, when his career is essentially owned by the WWE now...

Thats what I was going to say, what video footage would they use, the WWE owns all of it. So I'm guessing anyone who is in the TNA HOF, will have to be from TNA only.

Thats what I was going to say, what video footage would they use, the WWE owns all of it. So I'm guessing anyone who is in the TNA HOF, will have to be from TNA only.

Maybe from a DVD in the works that was part of the agreement for Flair? maybe.. I mean none of that stuff has been disclosed to the public so as long as we are throwing conspiracy theories thats mine.. :suspic:

In any event it won't be Savage.. nuff said.

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet.

But..I can see it being a headliner.. Sting seems like the obvious choice for me.

REMEMBER THIS IS SUPPOSABLY HIS FINAL YEAR. TNA will want to induct him BEFORE WWE gets their hands on him for their HoF next year. He's the obvious choice here is STING as a good F U to WWE.

Maybe Savage, Angle, AJ, Joe, Daniels, Jarrett, down the road.

It is quite possible that they would do that... If we remember, even when he expired, they provided a message for him on their site- something WWE would never do for any TNA star.
And this step is something, that even if they take, not many would criticize them because of the marginally short time he spent there, because he was such a good wrestler. Felicitating him would only fetch praises, also people would have a negative opinion about WWE because they didn't do it earlier when he was a superstar of their company for a longer period. A thumbs up from me :band: :dj:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back