• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dixie Carter Announces TNA Hall-of-Fame; Sting Will Be First Inductee

I'm not sure how I feel about a TNA Hall of Fame. Ten years is a massive accomplishment for the little federation that could.... Ten years is also too early for a Hall of Fame in my opinion. If they do make one then Jeff Jarrett would deserve to go in first because it's his company that he started and he has done so much for them. Any further inductions need to be guys who are retired preferably. Styles, Sting, and many others could potentially get inducted but they are still wrestling. TNA should follow WWE's format by mainly inducting people who are already finished with their in-ring career. With that being said.... If even ONE celebrity goes in, I riot.

well I will stick to what the OP asked, who should be the first inductee. It is pretty simple, when it has to be somebody NOT ACTIVE on the roster and has a hell of a lot to do with the success of NWA-TNA wrestling for the past 10 years. There is really only two people it could be. JERRY JARRETT, founding father and original money man and booker of NWA/TNA, without Jerry Jarrett, TNA would not exist today. The only other guy uis his son JEFF JARRETT, multiple time champion and the one name that is synonymous with TNA wrestling. Take it as a given TNA will not be inducting Hogan, Sting, Flair as their first inductee, what a slap in the face to the founders of TNA. It wont be a flash in the pan like early xchamp Ken Shamrock, it wont be any of the ECW rejects like Raven, Rhino, Lynn etc. This means a greatd eal to TNA wrestlnig, thus they will induct one of their own as the first inductee, thus it will definitley be a JARRETT.

I would like to see the TNA Hall of Fame and see what they have to offer. Its not right to laugh off something like that as a joke, when it has just been announced. Let's wait and watch how they use the Hall of Fame ceremony- Do they use it only to felicitate the said star, or use it as a method to further storylines, or add a spice to it. Lots of factors to be considered, it may actually turn out really good, much like Bobby Roode's title reign that was originally not taken seriously by many.

1)AJ Styles, he is TNA

2)Jeff Jarret, Founder and original main everter

3)Mike Tenay, wouldn't be surprised to see him in the WWE hall of fame one day now that they're bringing in WCW guys.

4)Kurt Angle, First official "TNA" not NWA world champ and biggest name to jump ship (will still be even if Orton is released and signs)

5)Sting, would like to see what TNA PPV buy rates would have been like without him over the years.

Honorable Mention:
*America's Most Wanted- Definitive TNA Tag team and one of the best in all of wrestling in the last ten years.

*A Knockout- this was hard for me to choose one because none see "HOF" worthy yet but a few that come to mind, Traci Brooks-longest tenured/Angelina Love- another mainstay who seems to represent TNA the most/ ODB or Awesome Kong-two most dominant.

*MCMG- this would represent both the X-division and the greatest tag team i've seen in a while

Who is TNA going to put in their hall of fame?

I realize that wrestling needs to try and pretend as if they are a real sport.

Athletically speaking wrestling is a sport by far even more than other sports like baseball where you sit and wait for something to happen as opposed to always going.

Hall of Fame in TNA, holds no power it is almost a joke. Most of the roster is a rejects from other companies with the exception of a few wrestlers who have only experienced TNA wrestling but they are young and will move on later. If they can't afford to tour around the world where are they going to have this hall of fame, in some office with pictures.

A hall of fame typically is for those who have participated in the league ( MLB,MLS, NFL, WWE) and then retired, however for WWE this is not always the case since wrestlers don't really retire since they love it so much. But for the most part they are no regular everyday wrestlers. ( IE: Jerry Lawler might wrestler two matches in a year and is in the hall of fame) But look at the name that are on the poll for the TNA Hall of fame, AJ , Sting, Angle, Hogan, Russo, and Jarrett. All but Russo as very active in the company and some have only been there a few years.

Look at the normal numbers WWE started in 1952 their hall of fame didn't start til 1993, 41 years later. NFL started in 1869 their first hall of fame was 1963 that is 94 years later. TNA started in 2002 their hall of fame with be this year? or next? 10 years really all your guys are still wrestling.

TNA can keep trying to make something happen and Dixie Carter can keep getting bail outs from her Oil tycoon father but in time he will see his daughter is clueless when it comes to business and stop the farce that is TNA.

Im amazed that some people seem so hurt or bothered over the whole prospect of a TNA Hall of Fame. If the company wants to take steps to start recognising those that have been involved in getting the company to 10 years so what? I didnt know there was some law which says you need to reach a certain number of years you have been in existence before it becomes officially "ok" with some people. Company decision. People getting upset about it come across as just wanting something else to complain about when it comes to TNA.

As other people have said if they keep the number of entrants to 1 or 2 for the first few years and build it up slowly there will be no problem.

As the first entrant i cannot see how it can be anyone than Jeff Jarrett. Him and his dad created the company. Without their "vision" there would be no TNA.

If it's not Jeff Jarrett, then it isn't a respectable Hall of Fame straight off the bat.

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling was Jeff Jarrett's vision. He sold the product, he made it what it was and is, Jeff Jarrett reigned as the NWA World Heavyweight Champion when he was the only man people believed could be Champion. He was the top heel, in the top storylines, has had some of the top matches. He is the founder, he is the reason there is even a TNA discussion section on this forum. Jeff Jarrett started it all, Jeff Jarrett was in control when a lot of people state it was "at its best", even small things such as the X-Division came from the mind of "The King of the Mountain." If you heard the acronym TNA in the early days, chances are you'd have heard "Double J" shortly after it.

I'd love for it to be someone like Christian, but It'd cheapen the entire thing straight off the bat. Congratulations to the likes of AJ Styles, Mike Tenay, Christopher Daniels and Sting for everything they've contributed to TNA, but not one holds a candle stick to Jeff Jarrett. Deserves to be the first inductee and rightfully should be.

So, considering the IMPACT wrestling website is flashing a "Christian Cage" promo for Slammiversary, and the fact that they ran a video package of his days with the company, I think it is safe to assume that he will be the first TNA HOF inductee.

Think about it, WWE inducted Ric Flair while he was still under TNA contract. It seems like TNA is asking for WWE to return the favor. Even if Christian never plans on going back to TNA, his star power would be enough to grab some attention and cause some interesting conversations....

I see Christian as a good choice.

I remember it being a big deal when Christian jumped ship to TNA in 2005.

Lots of other former WWE guys had shown up in TNA before, but Christian was the first big name I remember leaving the WWE to join TNA full time.

The company was still basically in it's infancy then, and had just gotten a real TV deal with Spike. When Christian showed up and cut that promo about how TNA was the place to be, it gave the company alot of credibility.

Here's a thought for you all ..

In 2003, Jeff Jarrett classically attacked Hulk Hogan during his press conference in Japan - in what was an awesome publicity stunt for TNA.

Nooo, I haven't got the wrong thread ..

Read the main line again, but replace "2003" with "2012", "Hulk Hogan" with "Christian Cage" and "press conference in Japan" with "Slammiversary Hall of Fame induction in Texas".

:scratchchin:
Hey, Jeff .. don't forget your guitar !!

I think the first induction into the hall of fame needs to be Vince Russo. He came in 2002 and really saved the product back then. If it wasn't for vinny ru we all know that TNA would be sitting in the same place that ROH is today. A little indy fed. He did so much for TNA in the early years and the stable S.E.X. brought the weekly ppvs up 22% in the buy rates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAjHHgex1D8&feature=relmfu

Look back and watch that. Man TNA use to be so great. If only they would have kept russo in 100% control back in the day. It's such a shame. Dixie saw the talent he had but continued to let the good ol boys keep him down.

Watch that youtube video and you will see why Russo was TNAs true hall of famer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-UVynd1Lk&feature=relmfu

This is TNA! Man they use to be so great. I miss russo and the original tna.

Christian will be the first inductee into the TNA Hall of Fame. Why would he be there if he wasn't, just for the hell of it? To cut a promo? To have a backstage interview?

TNA is probably going to induct him into their Hall of Fame to copy what WWE did with Ric Flair.

I would say that is why Christian is going to be there. I just find it strange how WWE is allowing one of their current employees to be at a PPV for a company who's suing them, but it shows you how threatening WWE see's TNA.

I love TNA as much if not more than I love WWE, but I don't think TNA should have an Hall of Fame and I can't help but feel that TNA decided to do one and induct Sting to cut the grass under WWE feet who will one day (let's hope this doesn't make them doubt it) induct the Stinger into their Hall of Fame.

I'm happy it's Sting and while he is probably the most deserving guy and the biggest name in TNA that never went to WWE (yet) I can't help but think he got his spot for the reason I've already mentionned.

I was hoping for Christian since he would be ther, AJ Styles or someone else.

But while I can't help but feel the way I do, I aslso can't help but feel that TNA will not induct someone who's active on the roster and based on Dixie speech I think Sting is either going to the WWE this year or just retiring at the end of the year, but things could change (or maybe I'm just grasping at straws).

I love TNA as much if not more than I love WWE, but I don't think TNA should have an Hall of Fame and I can't help but feel that TNA decided to do one and induct Sting to cut the grass under WWE feet who will one day (let's hope this doesn't make them doubt it) induct the Stinger into their Hall of Fame.

I'm happy it's Sting and while he is probably the most deserving guy and the biggest name in TNA that never went to WWE (yet) I can't help but think he got his spot for the reason I've already mentionned.

I was hoping for Christian since he would be ther, AJ Styles or someone else.

But while I can't help but feel the way I do, I also can't help but feel that TNA will not induct someone who's active on the roster and based on Dixie speech I think Sting is either going to the WWE this year or just retiring at the end of the year, but things could change (or maybe I'm just grasping at straws).

Why should Sting care about the WWE Hall of Fame?

He never wrestled for them and their Hall of fame only means something to WWE fans. I never wanted to see him in WWE because I don't like it and never have so seeing him inducted into the WWE HoF means nothing to me.

Why should Sting care about the WWE Hall of Fame?

He never wrestled for them and their Hall of fame only means something to WWE fans. I never wanted to see him in WWE because I don't like it and never have so seeing him inducted into the WWE HoF means nothing to me.

My bad, I didn't realise that you = everyone and that your opinion = everyone opinion.

Where in my post did I said that Sting cared about WWE's Hall of Fame? And how do you know he care or not?

WWE and it's fan somewhat care for Sting because like it or not, they are the bigger company and the most relevant one. They also own the wCw and its library so Sting is part of their history and will get the accolade and be inducted in their hall of fame one day when he retire from TNA.

So even if it means nothing for you, it means a lot fro a lot of people. Sting being in WWE hall of fame without having wrestled directly for them would just show how much of a star he really is (not that he REALLY need that to validate is status).

My bad, I didn't realise that you = everyone and that your opinion = everyone opinion.

Where in my post did I said that Sting cared about WWE's Hall of Fame? And how do you know he care or not?

WWE and it's fan somewhat care for Sting because like it or not, they are the bigger company and the most relevant one. They also own the wCw and its library so Sting is part of their history and will get the accolade and be inducted in their hall of fame one day when he retire from TNA.

So even if it means nothing for you, it means a lot fro a lot of people. Sting being in WWE hall of fame without having wrestled directly for them would just show how much of a star he really is (not that he REALLY need that to validate is status).
Where did I say my opinion was everyone's opinion?
I just offered an opinion and if you don't agree that's fine but are you upset because you didn't agree with me or because I don't like WWE? WWE owning wCw's library doesn't make Sting part of the WWE history in my opinion. Now his last match for wCw would be WWE history because it was a storyline where WWE took over the wCw and it was a dark day in wrestling history in my opinion.

But all I did was ask why he should care about their HoF and it's a legitimate question as he's never worked for them so why should he care? Most non WWE fans don't care about it so why should someone whose never worked for or wanted to work for them care about it?

WWE may be the largest company in wrestling today but I still don't get why some WWE fans expect everyone even those who've never liked WWE to soil their shorts over a HoF for a company we don't watch or like.

If you like it that's fine enjoy it and if Sting wants to be in it or likes it that's fine too.

Well, I'm a fan of TNA trying to create their own Hall of Fame and I'm happy that Sting got to be the first ever inductee. I see no issue here. TNA, while it certainly is a young company, has a solid history and can do whatever they want to add interest to the product -- this is certainly one way they can do that. I mean, yeah, they don't have a running laundry list of legends like the WWE does, but they have plenty of people deserving of a TNA Hall of Fame spot -- whether it be as performers in the ring, backstage, etc. Plus, it's not as if TNA is going to be trying to induct 5 people at a time, or monthly, or anything like that. I'm assuming the latest inductees will probably be yearly -- which means that it'll be for people that have honestly had a large impact on TNA, just as it should be.

I don't understand why so many people are panning this decision, but it IS the IWC, and there are plenty of people that can't allow TNA to prosper. That being said, I think it's absolutely ridiculous. TNA's Hall of Fame has a chance to really work and be legitimate. Adding to that legitimacy is TNA's first inductee; Sting. Sting has been there for TNA for nearly as long as anybody else that's still there -- save for AJ Styles and company -- and he truly is TNA's "living legend." He's an excellent choice for TNA to build off of and offers great credibility to the Hall of Fame, as he'll probably end up in a variety of other wrestling hall of fames, including WWE's. Now, if I had to speculate for a second inductee, I'd have to go with Jeff Jarrett -- it could go any way, though. Jarrett's part in TNA's history is unmatched. Not only did he found TNA, but he ended up being one of their mainstays for a duration of their time as a company. He'd be a great addition.

I think it is a good idea for the company. It adds a little bit of prestige to them. Now that we know Sting was the first inductee, I have to say that I was really surprised it was not Jeff Jarrett. He was the founder of the company and I thought for sure he would go first. I am very curious as to the reason why it was not him. Sting has contributed a lot to the company, but clearly not as much as Jarrett.

Its good that Sting is the first inductee into TNA's HOF. Considering his long storied career for both WCW and TNA, this is well deserved. I thought the first to go in would be Christian, but I was proven wrong. Perhaps the next inductee will be Kevin Nash, or maybe Macho Man.

I just read Kevin Kelly's "Hall of Shame" article and then read this thread and thought that I would add my 2 cents in on the topic.

I think that is a really good thing that they have put together their own Hall of Fame. The WWE's Hall of Fame is not a "Pro-wrestling" Hall of fame it's a WWE one. And TNA have decided to put one together on their own criteria. I just want to address the common complaints coming out of such a move:

1. "TNA doesn't have a long enough history to have one" - Well all I can think of is the world of pro-wrestling is unlike anyother sport. What happens in a year can be an absolute whirlwind of events, moments and achievements. What one sport or tv show packs into one season/year, a prowerstling show can pack in what can seem like three years. 52 weeks of the year we get wrestling. Not just in the summer, or the winter or for 12 episodes... 10 years of TNA Wrestling is a lot longer than than anything else's 10 years (apart from the WWE).

2. "Why was Sting the first inductee?" No matter how you slice it, and this even includes Kurt Angle. The biggest in ring star that TNA has ever signed was Sting. Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair (and even Macho Man Randy Savage) maybe the biggest names of all time, but Sting has been in the ring for TNA since 2006, maybe even earlier... Sting is a huge name and made more of a TNA guy because he never had the WWE promotion machine behind him. There would have never been a prime time Impact show without Sting, a fact Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter has made on several occassions. Even today at 53 yrs of age, he is still the most popular star in TNA, and possibly wrestling.

3. "Why wasn't Jeff Jarrett the first inductee?" - I think it could have been a decision made by Double J, and not a disrepect to him. Jarrett built TNA, but I'm sure he wants to be more of the guy who hands out the Hall of Fame trophies not make himself. Is Vince McMahon Jr a Hall of Famer?? I'm sure Jarrett will be in the HoF eventually, but as far as star power goes, I think he himself recognises that he is no where in the league Sting is. Sting will always be mentioned in the same levels of the Hogan's, Harts, Flairs, Machos, Undertakers, Austins, Rocks... Jarrett wont be...

4. "Why only one guy named? It's disrespectful to Jarrett again!" There are still a few ppvs to go till Bound For Glory. Who isn't to say that Jarrett will be #2 or Jerry Jarrett? TNA could very easily announce an inductee per ppv... Stay tuned...

5. "What about AJ Styles?" - I think Sting's and even Jarrett's in ring career's are winding down. They have just about done everything. AJ is still a young man and has a lot to do. He will get in the TNA HoF that is an absolute, but it will be when he is finishing up his career. He has maybe another 20 years up his sleeve. Let him show the wrestling world that he has much, much more to deliver...

I just read Kevin Kelly's "Hall of Shame" article and then read this thread and thought that I would add my 2 cents in on the topic.

3. "Why wasn't Jeff Jarrett the first inductee?" - I think it could have been a decision made by Double J, and not a disrepect to him. Jarrett built TNA, but I'm sure he wants to be more of the guy who hands out the Hall of Fame trophies not make himself. Is Vince McMahon Jr a Hall of Famer?? I'm sure Jarrett will be in the HoF eventually, but as far as star power goes, I think he himself recognises that he is no where in the league Sting is. Sting will always be mentioned in the same levels of the Hogan's, Harts, Flairs, Machos, Undertakers, Austins, Rocks... Jarrett wont be...

Unless what Karen Jarrett has been saying on twitter about it is just a work I don't think that is correct. She was very vocal about it and angry with her remarks so unless they're starting a storyline which brings him back as a heel against Dixie I don't think it was his idea. Of course this whole Storyline about A.J and Dixie could turn out to be Jeff looking for a way back in since he left in a loser leaves TNA forever match.

Here is Kevin Kelly's opening paragraph.

TNA announced the first inductee to their Hall of Fame at Slammiversary and it was Sting. No sleight to Sting but he was the only one announced. Both Jeff Jarrett and AJ Styles, one could argue, deserved to be a part of the initial class. But the omission of Jarrett is a bad call that cheapens what already looks low-rent. It’s like the WNBA having a Hall of Fame. The WWE doesn’t make mistakes like this.

Here is the problem I have with this. Not only does he name the founder Jeff Jarrett, but also says AJ Styles should be in the HOF. Then he goes on to say WWE doesn't make these kinds of mistakes. So he himself is comparing this to the WWE and how TNA should do it that way. I just want everyone to remember that before I go on.

In 1993 WWF/E held their first induction into the WWE HOF. That name would be Andre The Giant. But wait a minute? Why didn't Vince McMahon Sr. get the first nod? He was the founder of the company? Clearly it is low rent right?

The WWE doesn't make mistakes yet their entire HOF is based on politics and doesn't include Bruno or Savage while it has Pete Rose and Mike Tyson.

Someone who works for ROH shouldn't be throwing out terms like low rent and referring to other companies as the WNBA. Make your fucking PPV's watchable before commenting on another company and their so called "low rent" ways.

Agree MB1025. I really dont get this train of thought that a company, be it WWE or TNA can make a "mistake" when deciding who to enter for their own own hall of fames. Why is it a mistake? The selection is a company decision, maybe politics are involved but thats life. Everyone can have an opinion on who they think deserves to be entered but this comes down to pure personal opinion. I mentioned previously i thought Jeff should have been first pick in my opinion but i have no problem with TNA's selection of Sting and can see the reasons why they believe he has done alot for the company and have acknowledged this.

To say its a mistake is a stupid statement to make in my opinion. Talk about going overboard.

the WWF opened a Hall of Fame in 1993 after being owned by Vince for about a decade and operating as the WWF.

First induction was Andre the Giant. He is a logical induction I suppose as the HOF was started primarily to honor him after his death. However, Andre was not the biggest star in WWF history, Hulk Hogan was. But, I think we can all agree that Andre was A-Ok as an induction.

Fast forward to 2004. The WWF HOF is 10 years old. It doesn't include Bob Backlund, the promotions face for quite some time. It doesn't include Bruno, the biggest star in the WWF prior to Hogan. It doesn't include Paul Orndorff, or Roddy Piper, or Iron Sheik, or Jake the Snake, or Randy Savage, etc. Those were some of the biggest stars in WWF history. Yet Baron Mikel Sciluna was in. Ivan Putski was in.

People need to get over this. Company run hall of fames are politically and storyline driven. If Jeff Jarrett could draw money by going into the HOF they'd induct him.

Like the previous poster said WWE inducted Andre first because of his legendary status and Sing is also a legend. I think TNA did it this way because it's a big name right off the bat.

Now Sting is the first but the whole ceremony will occur around BFG. So Sting certainly won't be the only guy inducted this year, right? I think AJ Style should be the second. I would induct three guys this year, Sting, AJ Styles and maybe Kurt Angle. Then next year induct only two guys: Jeff and Jerry Jarrett and make it only about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back