Who Should Be the Second Inductee in the TNA Hall-of-Fame?

Who should be the second inductee in the TNA Hall of Fame?

• Jeff Jarrett

• AJ Styles

• Other (mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bruno Sammartino in the TNA HOF? no, just no. he has absolutely nothing to do with TNA. has he ever even made 1 appearance before? has he ever even admitted to watching the show before?
even though he is a past wrestler, putting him in the TNA HOF would be as bad as putting celebrities in the WWE HOF.

Bruno Sammartino should NOT be in the TNA HOF.
Bruno Sammartino should be in the WWE HOF.
Bruno Sammartino is in the pro wrestling HOF.

as for the next inductee in the TNA HOF, I think it should be Jeff Jarrett.
does TNA have to now include someone every year? I was a little surprised to see Sting in the TNA HOF already while still being an active wrestler, even if he isn't active on a regular basis.
the sport I follow the most is baseball. you're not eligible for the baseball HOF until after you have been retired for 5 years. I think TNA should have at least waited until after Sting had fully retired.
lets say Jeff Jarrett gets in next year. then what, who would get in for 2014? I've only watched TNA since 2010, so I'm not sure on the past legends of TNA. but guys like AJ Styles and Kurt Angle shouldn't be going in anytime soon because they are still have many wrestling years ahead of them.

I'm not above the idea of Kurt Angle going in. I know that may not sit well with a lot of the older TNA fans, or the ones who think a more "pure" TNA original like AJ Styles should go in. But Angle has done more for TNA's image as more than just an indy company than probably any other guy besides Sting.

Jarrett is probably a better choice, but Angle brought the WWE name with him. He brought the Olympic Champion name with him. He generated a shit storm of media and internet buzz on his debut. His first appearances were some of the highest rated segments in company history. Not to mention that he's put on some of the best matches, been in some of the best feuds, and worked with some of the best guys wrestling has to offer. And honestly, how long do you have to be in a company before you quality as a "company guy". Angle is out every week promoting TNA, doing interviews and spreading the name. He hasn't gone back to WWE for the biggest payday (although he'll have you believe he's making WWE-money down in Florida). He hasn't buried the talent and talked up the opposition. Kurt Angle is as much a company guy for TNA as Styles or Sting or Jarrett. Maybe more-so, because his name might carry more weight in the 21st century.

Maybe not as a 2013 induction, or if so maybe not as the single inductee, but Angle belongs in any Hall of Fame, for any company he's wrestled in.

Bruno Sammartino in the TNA HOF? no, just no. he has absolutely nothing to do with TNA. has he ever even made 1 appearance before? has he ever even admitted to watching the show before?
even though he is a past wrestler, putting him in the TNA HOF would be as bad as putting celebrities in the WWE HOF.

Bruno Sammartino should NOT be in the TNA HOF.
Bruno Sammartino should be in the WWE HOF.
Bruno Sammartino is in the pro wrestling HOF.

Again, I feel this is a typical case of "Vince does it this way, so this is how it should be done. Vince does not induct people who he never used, so neither should TNA." poppycock. Perhaps this hall of fame is more about wrestling than it is about TNA. I must again point out that the WCW hall of fame had several wrestlers who retired before WCW was formed, such as Verne Gagne.

"a past wrestler" is how you describe Bruno. Talk about damning with faint praise! This man is not only one of the greatest wrestlers in history, but one of the most significant. Any wrestling all of fame should be ecstatic to get him in.

Plus, after all those failed attempts to stick it to WWE, I think inducting Bruno Sammartino would be a coup, seeing as how he has repeatedly turned down the honor of being in the WWE hall of fame.

Again, I feel this is a typical case of "Vince does it this way, so this is how it should be done. Vince does not induct people who he never used, so neither should TNA." poppycock. Perhaps this hall of fame is more about wrestling than it is about TNA. I must again point out that the WCW hall of fame had several wrestlers who retired before WCW was formed, such as Verne Gagne.

"a past wrestler" is how you describe Bruno. Talk about damning with faint praise! This man is not only one of the greatest wrestlers in history, but one of the most significant. Any wrestling all of fame should be ecstatic to get him in.

Plus, after all those failed attempts to stick it to WWE, I think inducting Bruno Sammartino would be a coup, seeing as how he has repeatedly turned down the honor of being in the WWE hall of fame.

I don't know the history of Verne Gagne, but was he ever in NWA? I think NWA became WCW, so I see that as still the same company.
I think in the early days of TNA they were also part of a name "NWA" but can that really be the same as the former NWA?

It is not quite that simple. Yes, WCW was made up of most of what was still the NWA at the time, but that was because so many territories had left already. I sorta consider them a continuation of NWA myself, but this is not exactly true. WCW, much like WWWF, world class, UWF and AWA was actually just the last promotion of note to leave the NWA. When they bought JCP, they had the option of just calling themselves NWA, since they had the belt and most of what was left of the territories, but they chose another route. To think that they were the final nail in the coffin would be just as accurate as saying they were a continuation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back