Should TNA Get Their Own Hall of Fame?

Ferbian

Has Returned.
Hall of Fames is something that we see all around in more or less any sort of business. There's the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, the WWE Hall of Fame, there's even Walks of Fame.

However, as we all know, TNA does not have a Hall of Fame. And obviously a lot of people would probably be saying "Because they don't need it yet" because, sure they don't really have those sort of talent to truly warrant a Hall of Fame induction just yet. At least not to the point where they are warranted the first induction, much less the creation of the Hall of Fame for the sake of honoring them. Especially considering the fact that the primary talent of TNA, that we will be remembering, are still active - A.J Styles, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Jeff Jarrett and Sting just to name a few.

But that brings me to the question. I'm not saying that TNA should consider a Hall of Fame right now, but down the road say in 2,5 or even 10 years.. Should TNA get their own Hall of Fame?

But that brings me to the question. I'm not saying that TNA should consider a Hall of Fame right now, but down the road say in 2,5 or even 10 years.. Should TNA get their own Hall of Fame?

Of course. Honoring the wrestlers and talents who made TNA what it is and carried it throughout the years would be a good thing to do. It'd be great if they also honored guys not in TNA but in ROH or the WWE, like Christopher Daniels, Homicide, etc...

I'd like it if they did it on a year by year basis. First roll of inductions would be the 2002 guys, second roll would be 2003, third roll 2004, etc... They could do this because their relatively short existence makes it a plus in terms of having an easy way to decide who gets in each year.

Yes of course TNA should get their hall of fame in say 10 years' time. It is one of the ways in which they might look like a legit wrestling company. But right now something like Hall of Fame should not be on the minds of the TNA management. They should concentrate on making their product a whole lot better than it currently is. Only when they have a stable product in their hands which means being nowhere on the verge of extinction should they plan on making the TNA brand more known across the world and creating a hall of fame would be one of the ways to do that.

I'm not saying that TNA should consider a Hall of Fame right now, but down the road say in 2,5 or even 10 years.. Should TNA get their own Hall of Fame?[/QUOTE]

In 2 years no, In 5 years probabaly not, 10 years maybe, right now I can think of a few guys who should be in the Hall Of Fame, if they were to make one, but in 10 years a lot of their wrestlers could still be wrestling, the first person who springs to mind is AJ Styles, he will be 42 in 10 years and for all we know he could still be wrestling. I think they shouldn't induct after their careers are over. The WWE HOF is great, but they have wrestlers from the last 30plus years they can induct. In about 20 years they should (if they are still around).

Bit too premature to consider that idea now, whether for the immediate or far future.

The Hulk + Eric Show can't be advancing their product in ways that the WWE does. So long as they do that, they invite the inevitable comparisons between them and the WWE, and so long as The Hulk + Eric Show continues to be the little bitch brother of WWE in the professional wrestling world, a Hall of Fame would merely serve to reinforce the idea that the WWE is the superior show, with the superior ratings and the superior Hall of Fame.

The Hulk + Eric Show can't compete on the WWE's territory, and they shouldn't be trying to right now. They should be competing in meaningful ways (not blood for blood's sake) in areas that the WWE is not.

If TNA are still around in 10-15 years, then yes by all means. But it has to be said, right now that is a BIG if. By that time, people like AJ, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels etc will be heading for retirement, if they hadn't already by that time. The problem they might have is if WWE starts seeing them as real competition, they might cause problems. For example, once Kurt Angle is done wrestling, he is pretty much a sure thing for the WWE HoF. Now who is to stay that in that case, WWE makes all potential candidates sign an agreement that states they would then refuse an induction into TNA's HoF? I know it sounds petty, but weve all seen how WWE can be over this type of thing, and for a lot of wrestlers, the WWE HoF could well be a lot more tempting than TNA.

Hell NO! ... They shouldn't have their own Hall of Fame. They suck! Before you have a Hall of Fame, you should at least have something the equavilant of that big football day, or Wrestlemania. They're a start up company catering only to a cult followering.

The production and writing sucks; the wrestling's good, but heck, without good stories, it's just people tying up for no reason.

Too Early right now. In a few years it should be something to think about. Maybe they will keep it serious and credible and not induct stupid useless people like Pete Rose and Mr T. 1st ballot HOF should be JJ, AJ, and Sting.

I don't want to say no, if they feel like they want one they're completely entitled to it, but I really don't see who they could realistically put in it.

I really don't see how you could put guys like Sting and Angle in, they made their names and careers in WWE/WCW. They've accomplished a lot in TNA and have done a lot in TNA but they're not TNA names. They both joined past the prime of their career. (not saying they're washed up (at least not Angle) but they're twilight came and left in other promotions)

Which would leave guys like AJ, Samoa Joe, and Kazarian. AJ I could see, but Joe really needs to turn his career around and Kazarian needs to.... stop being Kazarian

I'd say they need one of their originals, who never wrestled for WWE (ie AJ Styles) to retire and be gone a little while before they even think about it. Just not enough talent has made a mark in TNA to warrant a hall of fame yet. But one of their originals HAS to be the first induction. It just makes sense.

No, even when i watched TNA religiously before hogan etc came but if TNA had any hall of fame in ten years it would stuggle to get filled as many wrestlers there now such as hardy RVD foley would be already involved with the WWE hall of fame also by then all the ecw wrestlers will be involved in the hall of fame and TNA would surely not overlap with WWE hall of famers as that would be ridicolous. TNA would not have a hall of fame within the next 3decades as they need original wrestlers who would stick with them on a permanent basis!!! A TNA hall of fame will NEVER NEVER happen or if they do have one it will NEVER NEVER WORK!! ps even wwe is struggling to fill there hall of fame over last couple of years!

Although I'd love to see it. TNA's roster just isn't established enough to have a Hall of Fame. They could induct around 5 guys this year but then who would they induct? Half the guys in the company right now aren't TNA orginals...Anyways, if they were going to create a TNA Hall of Fame, they should induct.

Jeff Jarret-The founder of TNA. Obviously he should be in it.
Kevin Nash-Isn't a TNA original but has done alot for the company since being there.
Kurt Angle-Same as Nash. Put TNA on the map again.
Mike Tenay-He was an announcer with WCW and has been with TNA forever.
Sting-Obvious reasons. Huge name, never went to WWE.
Taz-He deserves a Hall of Fame and he won't get WWE's so this is it.
Tommy Dreamer-Same as Taz.

AJ, Samoa Joe, Robert Rhoode, James Storm, etc, are not in this list because they're still very young and active wrestlers.

At this time, I'd say no. Give the promotion a few years to gain some speed. The majority of their roster is from WWE anyways so why validate the "other" guys? While TNA does have a few valid home grown stars, it just wouldn't make sense at this point and time.

It's definitely too soon to really think about...maybe in 5 years, if they are still around, they can think about a non-brick & mortar HOF to honor the talent that helped them along. I think the more interesting question is who would be in it. Right now, I'd put Jarrett, Angle, AJ & AMW as the first 'class'. Waiting in the wings might be Daniels, Joe, MCMG...Abyss? There was so much turnover, and so many in-and-out appearances of talent, it's tough to say who had enough of an impact on the company to warrant being in a HOF...which is kind of the problem with even considering one at this point.

Eventually, yes, but it'd be a total joke if they established it before the company even hit their ten-year mark if you ask me.

While a number of highly established performers have made their way in TNA, a number of whom deserve the credit for doing so—Raven, Shamrock, James Mitchell, etc.—it's just far too soon to really consider establishing it if you ask me.

No. Hell no. Nah ah. No.

See, I hate Company Hall of Fames. There should be just ONE Hall of Fame. Not for WWE guys, but for WRESTLING in general. Indies, WCW, AWA, TNA, whatever. Put your differences aside for ONE damn night and induct great WRESTLERS, not KoKo B. Ware

If they're around in 20 years.. sure. If they aren't.. then whats the point? That's like being employee of the month for a company that lasted 2 weeks.

Kinda loses it's point.

Regardless, I'd love to see it succeed and I'd love to see a Hall down the road. These types of things come in due time, though.

10 years? A little to early in my book. TNA still need to establish their stars because the only TNA stars right now worthy to be in the hall of fame is:

-Jeff Jarrett
-Sting
-AJ Styles
-Kurt Angle
-Samoa Joe.

As much as I'd love a TNA Hall Of Fame, it won't happen for another decade an half or so, right now, it's just too early.

a company having it's own hall of fame is self serving and kinda stupid. a hall of fame should be industry wide. since vince seems to have ruined that for the wrestling industry, i say no. why sip from a well that wwe has already defecated into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back