• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Royal Rumble: Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy

I admit I was a Hardy fan as a kid, but I've faced the facts. Orton's gonna win this hands down.

Unless there's interference for Jeff Hardy, like Matt coming to help in out.

Unless that happens than Randy's still gonna be champ after this.

Jeff being champ would be cool though, to see one of my favorite childhood wrestlers win the WWE title would be awesome, but unlikely.

i think that orton will win. then they have a rematch at no way out. orton retaisn again. orton vs triple h vs kennedy at mania. orton retains. then at summerslam (jeffs most famous venue) jeff challenges him in a ladder match for the title with jeff wining. that gives orton a long run, triple h doesn't win the title and jeff wins the title

but as for the match i think that orton will win no matter what!!!

I want to see a great match between these two. Know that they have it in them.
This is a moment of truth for Jeff Hardy. He needs to put on great match, make both himself and RKO look good, and come out of the with his upward swing intact. I think he is capable of doing so and showing himself worthy of main event status.
I think we all obviously know that Orton will walk out of Rumble with the belt. It just makes sense storyline and business wise. It's completly transparent that Orton will be in RAW's main event at WM 24 against Triple H, Batista, or both. Like it or not, it's gonna happen. Make your peace with it.
But I think 2008 will be Jeff Hardy's year. IF he has a really good showing in his Rumble match, it would lead me to believe that there would be a Money in the Bank in his future, along with a future title shot. But, and I qualify my statement by saying that I am a HUGE Jeff Hardy fan, I would like to see Hardy involved in a couple of feuds ( Maybe a intensly verbal one with JBL, cause I think he make Hardy step up his mic skills) before cashing in.

Althought i do agree everyone knows that Orton will win, i am loving this rivalry more and more by the week. Jeff has actually been decent on the mic and i think this is the most entertaining feud we have seen out of Orton since he got the belt. The HBK and Jericho feuds seemed boring and old and this on has actually seemed to pump a breath of fresh air into the WWE. Orton will win but Hardy will impress which will lead to Hardy winning the title by the end of 2008.

Don't be surprised if Jeff wins this one folks. I definitely think they should do a switch back and forth between Hardy and Orton over the next two months. Hardy is WAY over right now and looks really comfortable with the spotlight. I think it would be a mistake to bury him with Orton at this point. They can both put each other over and benefit.

I would love it if Jeff Hardy won the title but I believe if he did he would only be a transitional champ and drop it at mania. I think it goes like this Jeff wins the belt at the Rumble after the match HHH comes to the ring and acts like he is congratulating him then turns heel and Pedigrees him setting up them at mania where like the true asshole he is he politics his way to another wwe title reign.

what if Hardy loses by somehow getting screwed...then enters the rumble...wins the rumble. rematch at wrestlemania. I would love that scenario. Any other takers?

I defintly agree... i would rather pay to see Jeff Hardy V Orton at Mania than HHH. AGAIN... I dont usually follow many faces but Hardy is just electric! he can turn any match inot an instant classic. imagine what he can do when the BIG wrestlemania spotlights are on him

what if Hardy loses by somehow getting screwed...then enters the rumble...wins the rumble. rematch at wrestlemania. I would love that scenario. Any other takers?

Sorry Ricky, I just can't accept this scenario. I was never huge on Jeff Hardy being Main Event material as it is. I'm happy he's receiving a Championship match at the Royal Rumble, as it doesn't put as much pressure on him to be the highlight of the night. However, I think (as I've stated before) this is W.W.E.'s way of showing they don't have faith in him being anything more than a glorified undercarder, who at best gets one or two chances at the Championship.. when it really doesn't mean a thing.

If they have Randy Orton going into Wrestlemania, I truly can't see this match even being evened out. I see Hardy getting his usual spots in, but Orton connecting with an R.K.O. off a high risk move.. having a big ending to an average match, & Hardy likely won't see another Main Event spot for another few monthes.. if even then.

Randy Orton to me is barely Main Event material, & also he's way above Jeff Hardy to me.. so if I consider that much, & I don't see Orton as being worthy of being Main Event caliber.. than you can only leave that up to assume what I really think of Hardy having the spot as well.

I think (as I've stated before) this is W.W.E.'s way of showing they don't have faith in him being anything more than a glorified undercarder, who at best gets one or two chances at the Championship.. when it really doesn't mean a thing.
meh, the man sells, people go to see Jeff Hardy. He sells merchandise, and he is entertaining, he deserves his shot at the heavyweight title, and it doesn't matter what the IWC wants, because one of these days, whether in 08 or 09 he will win the title. The WWE is probably making tons of money when they advertise Jeff Hardy, so therefore I dont see a problem with this. Who cares, if he doesn't sell a move properly? Who cares if his matches are illogical, and he is a glorified spot monkey? If Jeff Hardy is making the E tons of money you will see him as heavyweight champ, and the way they are booking Orton, it might come sooner or later.

Now onto the match. For the last several weeks, Orton has been made to look weak, therefore it is making me believe that Jeff will win by DQ, so they can prolong the feud, and ending it at No Way Out. For some odd reason I wouldn't be shocked if Jeff did win the title, I don't know why, but he has been impressive, and the crowd is really getting behind him. Also it is said that HHH is still backing him, and so is management, and that is always a good sign, because they need new main eventers, because the majority of their main eventers are getting up their in age.

jeff hardy is not ready to become a main event guy...... yet his mic skills are lets face it terrible. If his skills were close to mvp's on the mic the he would have a chance. great in ring preformer but not constant. Rko wins in a close bout. see you in 2008 jeff

I would love to see Jeff as the champion. He has always been a favorite of mine since i watched his first matches. Yes his moves look a bit sloppy but i think thats his style since he does perform the move properly. This match I believe is a make or break it time for him on his main event status. Randy Orton and Jeff have had a good riveralry in the past, the IC championship title reigns going between the two before Jeff left the WWE.

Jeff does indeed have sub-par mic skills but i believe has been improving and taking on a RVD like talk. I mean you dont have to have the mic skills to be the champ these days with Batista being the most obvious. But the work that Jeff is putting into it is clearly showing and hopefully will help him.

HHH is pushing behind the scenes and likes Jeff a bit to give him the nod to win even though HHH didnt want to go for a title match till Mania he could have won it then got screwed and returned at Mania. The Back is also impressed with his improvement in both wrestling and mic skills and with him always having been Over with the crowd especially with losing Cena one of the top faces within the company, Jeff has had to step it up, because other than himself...HHH, Shawn and Jericho were the only top stars within the company as babyfaces.

It is reasonable to see Jeff get a WWE title reign sometime down the line but what WWE would have to do is utimately make Jeff actually win not the upset out of no where luck pin like the one he used on HHH with two big fueds. I would like to see Shawn put Jeff over in a PPV match that leads to his next feud with the WWE champ at the time and win.

Kind of a weird match, becuase I cant see Orton headlining WM, but i DAMN SURE cant see Hardy headlining WM, unless they REALLY REALLY push the whole boyhood dream underdog thing, but damn they had Rey Mysterio straight up win the title for goodness sakes, so id say nothing is out of the question really and honestly it seems like they are really putting effort into getting people to take this seriously, and get this match over with everyone...maybe they will start a feud with the two, by having Hardy upset Orton, but then make hardy lose it to someone (a WM main event caliber guy) at NWO, due to an Orton interference, thus they have a feud, both guys out of the main event, and a set up for another WM storyline, especially if they have both guys in the MITB match...I can see Hardy winning the belt at sometime this year, just not headlining WM...

I think the only problem that the WWE has is establishing dominate heels. It's over crowded with faces, and the heels we do have are still being worked up or are doing heat matches where they still lose. Given another day Hardy probably would've had a shot at winning. But not now. It's too soon for Hardy to win.

But like the above post states, Hardy can really look for one of those WWE championships somewhere along the lines in 08 unless Cena messes that up for him.

Yeah i see orton winning as well. jeff has improved heaps over the last year and has turned into a main eventer. but it won;t suit the storylines by having jeff win then drop it at wm to HHH or orton again. Randy will win at the rumble but jeff might get a chance later on in 08

jeff has no chance because it is very seldom WWE gives high flyers the world title. they gennarally give it to mat-based wretlers and power houses

If Jeff wins he will be the 2nd man to hold the IC and WWE Title since the Ultimate Warrior in the 1990. Maybe they are trying to build him up as the the new "Rainbow Haired Warrior". Ive seem him sporting the face paint before.

rember when jeff first went solo he was supposed to be the new hbk but he stayed with high flyer now he is being less of a high flyer if you notice and he could become the new hbk and to the people who say he dosen't have enough talent to be champ neither did cena

jeff has no chance

Then why is he in the match? I won't discount that Jeff Hardy's chances are very slim to none, however anytime a wrestler gets a World Heavyweight Championship match.. the creative team has to believe that someone, somewhere would at least believe they'd always have that possibility to win.

And Jeff Hardy has marks coming out of the woodworks for him with this match. In fact, while I still would bet all I had on Hardy NOT coming out Champion.. I'll no longer say I couldn't see a serious upset to swerve everyone.

because it is very seldom WWE gives high flyers the world title.

Shawn Michaels was considered very small when he became a World Champion. Bret Hart was the first in line with the "next" generation of World Champions, & he wasn't big at all. Rey Mysterio has got to top the list of underdog Champions. I could seriously go on & prove to you that W.W.E. may pick bigger guys at times.. however they certainly don't discount the smaller wrestlers from the group.

Early 90's, it was all about the big - no talent "wrestlers." In today's world, size isn't anything.

they gennarally give it to mat-based wretlers and power houses

I love Edge to death, but I wouldn't classify him in either catagory. He's not technical enough to be a "mat-based" wrestler, & he's definately not a powerhouse. Randy Orton is much the same. In fact, screw it all, because C.M. Punk is a glorified cruiserweight.. so W.W.E. is currently being headlined by 3 guys that really don't fit into either catagory.

i would love to see jeff get the upset win. obviously not have him hold the belt till mania. maybe give him the title for a month like they did with Randy orton when he first won it.

You carnt say there gonna give it to power guys and mat wrestlers all the time cos if you look toward the future not many up and coming stars are powerhouses and the only ones who i could class as mat wrestlers are Kennedy and MVP

It would be awsome if Hardy actually won the belt at rumble, but that is highly unlikely. I guess he could win and then lose it very quickly by getting cheated in a rematch or something, but i think he is going to have to wait a little bit longer to get his title run. Hardy still is not main event caliber when it comes to Wrestlemania, which is why i think he will lose. I am not a huge fan of Orton's reign because i think it has been rather stale and boring, but he is still better off main eventing mania' than Jeff. I wouldn't be surprised to be Jeff move over to Smackdown! down the road and fued with Edge, eventually taking the title off of him.

I like what WWE are doing with Jeff here. He has been a good face for a long while now, and at the moment is huge with the fans! WWE creative are also to be credited as i love watching week after week what is going to happen between this Hardy and Orton rivalry. We get Matt attacked, we have a cage match which reminded me of when Benoit took on Angle and Austin was surrounding the cage during the match causing all sorts, and we also get an insane dive off the RAW stage. As for the actual Rumble match between these two i don’t see Jeff being given the title and i see Orton carrying this all the way to WrestleMania, however if Hardy were to win here i don’t see him being anything else accept for a transitional champion at this point in time.

For the character of Jeff, he is now at the highest point in his career and can not afford to mess up on anything. I would love to see a good solid long match back and forth between Hardy and Orton at the Rumble and keep everyone on there feet. I see the ending coming with either Jeff ending up in the RKO after a failed high risk move, or having a long solid match to the point were both are taken to the limit, or even see a disqualification as this rivalry seems to be getting more and more violent each week and maybe even see a re match in a special match type at No Way Out, who knows. The WWE surprised us when they gave Jeff the title shot in the first place at Armageddon, as most the people i talked to and read about saw Triple H getting the win. I would like to see Jeff improve on the mic though, and maybe become involved in a rivalry with JBL or Kennedy at some point, give him a chance to go on the mic and challenge the good talkers

Altogether i see this match at the Rumble to be a good long one to keep us all rooting for Jeff and on the edge of our seats. I personally am not sure i am ready for Jeff to become the top star of the business going over into WrestleMania but i do hope that Jeff's day comes soon enough one day in the future. We will just have to wait and see what happens at the Rumble as WWE at the moment have some entertaining story lines developing :D

After the last 2 weeks of RAW, I'm leaning more towards Jeff winning the title. His popularity has grown immensely. I could see Jeff winning the title, but losing it at No Way Out.

Jeff should win the title, he puts his body on the line more in one night than others do in a year, all for vince mcmahon.

Jeff should win the title

NO, he shouldn't. But why don't you explain more on why, other than what you've said.

I don't think he deserves it, because he hasn't proved to me (& apparently a lot of people) that he can carry the Main Event spot. I can go on, but I'd like you to add more first.

he puts his body on the line more in one night than others do in a year

Every single athlete in Professional Wrestling put their bodies on the line each night they step through that curtain. Just because your painted up hero jumps off high areas, doesn't mean he deserves anything more for it.

Shawn Michaels works with a bad back, & bad knees. Undertaker works with several injuries. John Cena, Batista, Edge, & several other athletes have worked several matches through injuries.. & don't even get me started on how strong Triple H. is to work through both matches when he blew out his knees.

THOSE are all legit injuries. Hardy leaping off high places, isn't considered accidental.. more stupid. If he hurts himself, its his own fault. Therefore, he doesn't deserve anything but the release slip he'll receive upon killing his body & not being able to continue.

all for vince mcmahon.

Outside of the performers in other industries, you name me one guy in the W.W.E. that DOESN'T work for Vince McMahon, or go out there & perform for him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back